Exclusive

Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]

homelandCarrie Mathison is lawyering up.

BossAmy Morton is joining Season 3 of Homeland in the recurring role of Erin Kimball, Carrie’s CIA appointed attorney, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Homeland Exclusive: [Spoiler] Not Returning as Series Regular in Season 3

Additionally, Tracy Letts (Prison Break) has been cast as Senator Andrew Lockhart, the powerful, authoritative and commanding Committee Chairman. He will also recur.

As Showtime previously revealed, the Emmy winning drama’s third season picks up “during the aftermath of the horrific terror attack that decimated the U.S. intelligence apparatus, and prompted a global manhunt for the world’s most wanted terrorist — Nick Brody. As Carrie and Saul begin to pick up the pieces of their shattered professional and personal lives, they are swept up in the political and media firestorm surrounding the terror attack and the subsequent search for Brody’s whereabouts.”

RELATED | Homeland Promotes Two Actors to Series Regulars

Homeland returns Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9 pm.

1. Terry says:

Any info on what’s going to happen between Carrie and Peter Quinn? Any juicy spoilers? Peter Quinn has become a fan favorite after last season.

2. Rachel says:

will Morena Baccarin be back as Mrs. Brody??

3. J.W. says:

It’s worth noting that Amy Morton and Tracy Letts were just in “Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf” together on broadway, so I hope they have some scenes together.

• Maggie says:

And Amy was in the original Broadway cast of Tracy’s “August:Osage County” as Barbara, the role that will be played by Julia Roberts in the film version

• Sara says:

They have been in several shows together at Steppenwolf Theater in Chicago, as they are both ensemble members there. It would be such a waste of an amazing opportunity if the producers/writers don’t put them in some scenes together. They are amazing together. But I am just super stoked that they will be on the show regardless.

4. Sara says:

As a Chicago theater nerd, I am unbelievably excited by the casting of two of Chicago’s greatest artists! I seriously squealed. As if I didn’t love Homeland enough already!

5. Is Rupert Friend coming back for Season Three?

6. Britta Unfiltered says:

Sounds like it’s going to be a fantastic season. I have my doubts that Saul really will be in charge of the CIA after reading this description. And I don’t recognize that actress from Boss at all. I’m going to have to go google that, I guess, so I can figure out who she was, because she does not look familiar.
    Also worth noting, Marin Ireland, who appeared as a guest actress in both seasons of Homeland, was also in some episodes of Boss. :)

7. Ben says:

Lol um…what committee is Senator Lockhart the chairman of?

8. Quinn, let's give Carrie more time... says:

I’m fine with not having too many Homeland spoilers at this point and not yet knowing what will happen to Carrie. We need patience, we need to give the show and Carrie more time – “she’s turning it around.”

9. Patricia says:

Can someone please tell claire danes to do something about her crying face…well, her face in general.

10. homeland says:

Homeland is a great series, Homeland is a fascinating and bold, I recommend wife Homeland episode 1, Homeland episode three excellent