Big Bang, Horror Story, Parks & Rec, Good Wife, The Americans Lead Critics Choice Nominations

Critics Choice Television Nominations 2013The critics have spoken, and they’re big fans of The Big Bang Theory and American Horror Story: Asylum.

Nominations for the third annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards were announced early Wednesday and CBS’ comedy phenom and FX’s creepy anthology scored a leading six nods apiece.

PHOTOS & VIDEO | Fall TV Preview: Your Complete Guide to What’s New

In addition to securing one of the six best comedy series slots, Big Bang saw five of its actors recognized, including Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Melissa Rauch and guest star Bob Newhart. AHS: A, meanwhile, scored nominations for best movie/miniseries, lead actress Jessica Lange and supporting players James Cromwell, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe.

FX’s rookie cold war saga The Americans made a strong showing with four nominations, including best drama series, best lead actor (Matthew Rhys), best lead actress (Keri Russell) and best supporting actor (Noah Emmerich).

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What Got Axed?

Other series landing multiple nominations include NBC’s Parks and Recreation and Sundance’s Top of the Lake with five each, and AMC’s Breaking Bad, HBO’s Game of Thrones, CBS’ The Good Wife, FX’s Louie, Fox’s New Girl and USA’s ill-fated Political Animals with four each.

Three recently cancelled series — TNT’s Southland, HBO’s Enlightened and ABC’s Happy Endings — received two nods apiece.

Among the first-time nominees: Bunheads‘ Sutton Foster, Parenthood‘s Monica Potter, Dexter‘s Jennifer Carpenter, New Girl‘s Jake Johnson, Orphan Black‘s Tatiana Maslany, Bates Motel‘s Vera Farmiga, Happy Endings‘ Adam Pally, Suburgatory‘s Carly Chaikin, Modern Family‘s Sarah Hyland and The Walking Dead‘s Andrew Lincoln.

RELATED | 2012 Critics Choice Television Awards: The Complete Winners List

The Broadcast Television Journalists Association, of which TVLine’s Michael Ausiello serves on the executive committee and Matt Webb Mitovich and Megan Masters are members, will announce the winners at a June 10 awards gala in Beverly Hills hosted by Parks and Recreation scene-stealer/Twitter superstar Retta. (For the first time the award show will be webcast live on UStream.) Until then, scan the complete list of nominations below and then hit the comments and let us know what you think!

BEST COMEDY SERIES
The Big Bang Theory
Louie
The Middle
New Girl
Parks and Recreation
Veep

BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
Don Cheadle (House of Lies)
Louis C.K. (Louie)
Jake Johnson (New Girl)
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)
Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation)
Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory)

BEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
Laura Dern (Enlightened)
Zooey Deschanel (New Girl)
Lena Dunham (Girls)
Sutton Foster (Bunheads)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
Max Greenfield (New Girl)
Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory)
Alex Karpovsky (Girls)
Adam Pally (Happy Endings)
Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation)
Danny Pudi (Community)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Carly Chaikin (Suburgatory)
Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory)
Sarah Hyland (Modern Family)
Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory)
Eden Sher (The Middle)
Casey Wilson (Happy Endings)

BEST GUEST PERFORMER IN A COMEDY SERIES
Melissa Leo (Louie)
David Lynch (Louie)
Bob Newhart (The Big Bang Theory)
Patton Oswalt (Parks and Recreation)
Molly Shannon (Enlightened)
Patrick Wilson (Girls)

BEST DRAMA SERIES
The Americans
Breaking Bad
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
The Good Wife
Homeland

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)
Damian Lewis (Homeland)
Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead)
Timothy Olyphant (Justified)
Matthew Rhys (The Americans)
Kevin Spacey (House of Cards)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Claire Danes (Homeland)
Vera Farmiga (Bates Motel)
Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife)
Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black)
Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men)
Keri Russell (The Americans)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game of Thrones)
Michael Cudlitz (Southland)
Noah Emmerich (The Americans)
Walton Goggins (Justified)
Corey Stoll (House of Cards)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter)
Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones)
Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad)
Regina King (Southland)
Monica Potter (Parenthood)
Abigail Spencer (Rectify)

BEST GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES
Jim Beaver (Justified)
Jane Fonda (The Newsroom)
Martha Plimpton (The Good Wife)
Carrie Preston (The Good Wife)
Diana Rigg (Game of Thrones)
Jimmy Smits (Sons of Anarchy)

BEST MOVIE OR MINISERIES
American Horror Story: Asylum
Behind the Candelabra
The Crimson Petal and the White
The Hour
Political Animals
Top of the Lake

BEST ACTOR IN A MOVIE OR MINISERIES
Benedict Cumberbatch (Parade’s End)
Matt Damon (Behind the Candelabra)
Michael Douglas (Behind the Candelabra)
Toby Jones (The Girl)
Al Pacino (Phil Spector)
Dominic West (The Hour)

BEST ACTRESS IN A MOVIE OR MINISERIES
Angela Bassett (Betty & Coretta)
Romola Garai (The Hour)
Rebecca Hall (Parade’s End)
Jessica Lange (American Horror Story: Asylum)
Elisabeth Moss (Top of the Lake)
Sigourney Weaver (Political Animals)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MOVIE OR MINISERIES
James Cromwell (American Horror Story: Asylum)
Peter Mullan (Top of the Lake)
Zachary Quinto (American Horror Story: Asylum)
Sebastian Stan (Political Animals)
David Wenham (Top of the Lake)
Thomas M. Wright (Top of the Lake)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MOVIE OR MINISERIES
Ellen Burstyn (Political Animals)
Sienna Miller (The Girl)
Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story: Asylum)
Lily Rabe (American Horror Story: Asylum)
Imelda Staunton (The Girl)
Alfre Woodard (Steel Magnolias)

BEST REALITY SERIES

Face Off
Shark Tank
So You Think You Can Dance
Survivor
The Voice

BEST REALITY HOST
Tom Bergeron (Dancing With the Stars)
Cat Deeley (So You Think You Can Dance)
Gordon Ramsay (Hell’s Kitchen/Masterchef)
RuPaul (RuPaul’s Drag Race)
Ryan Seacrest (American Idol)
Kurt Warner (The Moment)

Regular Show
The Simpsons
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Awards

1. Violet says:

are crime dramas ever going to get the credit they deserve? a lot have been fantastic this past year, and some actresses, particularly Cote De Pablo from NCIS have been amazing and need to start being nominated for awards!

• Hurley says:

Meh.

• Et al. says:

Congratulations! That is the funniest thing to ever appear on the Internet.

• Mike R. says:

Procedurals sans Fringe and The Good Wife have never really been critics favorites in a long time, which leads to not many noms.

• Pennagirl says:

The Good WIfe is a procedural?

• Adam says:

Yes – its a legal procedural. Procedural refers to any case-of-the-week type of formula, not just crime or cop procedural.

• Warren says:

The Good Wife can’t really be considered a procedural. The case-of-the-week element of the show plays in the background, and often to the tone of the shows serialized storylines. The same goes for Fringe.

• Mike R. says:

They’re still technically procedurals, even if thy have become more serial in their later seasons. Regardless traditional procedurals are no longer critic favorites.

• ElKabong says:

I actually laughed out loud at this. Now everybody in the office is looking at me. Still, worth it.

• Judy says:

I agree, Cote is terrific…she delivers those lines where she uses the wrong word as if she did not know the difference

2. Diane says:

Yes! Please let this be the start of Michael Cudlitz being nominated for every single possible award, including an Emmy.

• girlinmd says:

I was going to say the same thing he was amazing this season on southland wish the show was coming back

• Nick C says:

I agreed until I realized Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game of Thrones) was in there as well.
        He’s been great this season as Jaime.
        Wish they both could win.

3. Pop Vulture says:

I’m a little surprised to see that House of Cards got no noms, either for the show or for Kevin S or Robin W. Was it eligible, or is it in a different category since it’s Netflix-based?

4. Sandy says:

Ok, no Scandal ? Why ??? For me it’s one of the best out there !!

• KD says:

Yeah, I’m surprised no one from Scandal got nominated.

• Bennie says:

Scandal is not quality TV. It’s a typical Shonda Rhimes nighttime soap opera.

• Moe says:

… and the overhyped “Parks and Recreation” and “Downton Abbey” are…? Let’s stop. Downton Abbey was good in its previous incarnations as every other period show on PBS and the BBC (except those were interesting – it’ll never be Austen) over the last 20 years and Parks and Recreation was never good… ever. The thing is, those shows are good to other people, for whatever reasons, so I don’t go out of my way to put them down because then I would just come off as trollish (which I know you’re not TRYING to be).

Scandal is popular, so its not going to get the nods lest insiders allow the peons to believe they are on level playing fields with lowly viewers. Whether people believe it or not, Scandal brought some interesting story devices into network television that the audience appreciated. Hopefully, when it really counts, the ATAS will recognize Jeff Perry and/or Guillermo Diaz and its outstanding casting and non-traditional writing.

• Adam says:

Scandal is ridiculously entertaining, and critics love it, but as a series its one of the shows that would sooner make someone’s list of “Favorites of 2013″ than “Best of 2013.” There are some amazing acting performances that deserve recognition, but I think exclusion of any of the acting nominations in place of a Scandal performance would be just as much of a snub.

• dsm says:

Jeff Perry (Cyrus) DESERVES the actual award – not just a nomination….especially considering the lack of a John Noble nomination this year :(

Adam Pally over Daman Wayans Jr. ? Really?

• Emily says:

It’s so hard for me to consider Scandal when they launch in to those ridiculous 5-minute Shondalogues all the time. All her characters practically hit you over the head with what they’re feeling; there’s no subtlety at all. That show is so entertaining, but I cannot take it seriously. It just seems so superficial.

5. Mellie says:

Monica Potter! Carrie Preston! That would be all I’d need to make me happy.

6. William says:

No love for John Noble from Fringe? I don’t get it.

• Lauren says:

I actually follow these awards closely since they’re usually more refreshing instead of the Emmy, and this is the very first time they didn’t include Noble. So this “Fringe” fan can’t be that angry.

• Liz says:

Agree fringe was consistent in this award show. God I wish Emmy’s would be exactly like this. As much as I love modern family & homeland I can not stand another Emmys with them winning everything.

• JohnQ says:

I do. :) I love Modern Family way too much. I’m totally in love with Ty Burrell, he’s an amazing actor.

7. Andrea says:

Jonathan Banks is great in Breaking Bad but no nomination for Aaron Paul?!? Come on!

8. TK says:

Tatiana Maslany for all the awards!!! Hopefully this is a start of a trend.

• gdv says:

Seriously, so happy she’s nominated. She is mind-blowing on Orphan Black! I have to remind myself that it’s not actually different people playing all of those roles!

• JC says:

Tatiana Maslany may deserve an Emmy nomination but she will never get one because Emmy voters don’t take science fiction seriously. And most Emmy voters probably can’t find BBC America on their cable systems. She may have a better shot at the Golden Globes.

• Kristi says:

I agree, Orphan Black is a great series. And she does a great job depicting all those different characters! Hope she wins!

9. Hamza says:

I actually really like these nominations. Especially the best actor and actress in drama series looks really good, particularly the well-deserved Tatiana Maslany.

• Lee says:

I like these nominations too. I’m glad Modern Family wasn’t nominated for Best Sit-Com–I’m getting tired of it. Same goes for Mad Men–it’s gotten really boring these past couple seasons that I don’t even record it anymore.

However, I don’t understand why they nominated New Girl. IMO Enlightened and The Mindy Project are better.

I’m glad they nominated Parks & Rec and The Good Wife.

10. DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

No SCANDAL anywhere?! :(

11. rty123 says:

Am I the only one who thought Parade’s End was unbelievably boring?

12. Ross says:

These are what TV award nominations should look like. Emmy’s take note…

• Strepsi says:

yes, I like these nominations more than the Emmys!

particularly:

Eden Sher, “The Middle” — the show is funny but underrated and she is consistently hilarious.

Adam Pally, “Happy Endings” — for my money the funniest show on TV

Nicolaj Coster-Waldau, “Game of Thrones” — I love Peter Dinklage, but this is Jaime Lannister’s year, and NCW is terrific.

Cat Deeley, “So You Think You Can Dance” — the best host on TV, period. She actually likes her contestants, and hugs them while ruffling their hair! Can you imagine Seacrest or Mandel even touching theirs?

Chris Pratt, “Parks and Recreation” — not the showiest role, but the stealth weapon of wit. Love him.

• KT8711 says:

I agree. It is absolutely Nikolaj’s year. He has been astounding. I also think Diana Rigg is going to win all of the awards for her role this season as well.

Chris Pratt is consistently hilarious on Parks & Rec. Delivers hilarious one-liners and is a gifted physical comedian. Happy to see Adam Scott got some love too.

• Vlada says:

Totally agree with everything u said! Love me some THE MIDDLE, love me some EDEN SHER!!!

• Dani says:

I love Nicolaj but I am kinda bummed that Jack Gleason got snubbed again. Nobody brings the psycho like that kid. It’s easier to nominate NCW because of Jaime’s character arc this season but what Jack does with Joffery is down right chilling. Still I am totally excited about Andrew Lincoln’s nom! The way he draws you in to Rick’s turmoil is brilliant.

• Sam says:

Everybody entitled to own opinion and Emmy get it right mostly.

• W says:

I agree. Everyone kept praising Charlie Hunnam this year, but I honestly think it was Ron Perlman’s year. Katey Sagal and Maggie Siff have been CONSISTENTLY phenomenal. Katey rocked that season premiere, and they both rocked the season finale. But I’m glad to see Jimmy Smits being recognized, though. He was the saving grace of quite an unsteady and so-so season.

• tripoli says:

So totally agree with this. That show is horribly ignored when it comes to being recognized by awards. Not that the lack of awards takes away from how phenomenal the show is, but it would be nice to see them get their due. Didn’t really enjoy Jimmy Smits or his story line but he’s still a pretty good actor, so kudos to him for being acknowledged.

13. It’s really sad that NCIS as usual doesn’t get the recognition it deserves as well as the actors. Cote de Pablo, Michael Weatherly, and Mark Harmon were so good in Season 10 and deserve nominations. Oh, well, at least NCIS gets the most viewers every week. :-)

14. Bobby says:

If the Emmy’s mirror this, I’d be unbelievably, extremely happy! (Okay just add in some The Big C: Hereafter but I’m guessing that concluded a bit too close to this so I’m completely cool with it.) So many unexpected joys, especially MONICA POTTER (who I am still begging win every award this year), Vera Farmiga and Tatiana Maslany. Also love that Modern Family (while I do enjoy it) didn’t dominate every comedy category too. And all Parks & Rec/The Middle/Enlightened love is good for me!

15. Jolo says:

Happy to see some of the extremely underappreciated Happy Endings actors finally nominated for something, they always get snubbed at all these award shows! Show should’ve been nominated for “Best Comedy” too, so mad it’s been cancelled, it never got the love it deserved!

16. patrick zalusky says:

interesting? no nom for the repeating winner “the amazing race”

17. JJ says:

This is actually pretty refreshing… I mean no modern family etc and don’t get me wrong because I love modern family but it’s really time for other shows to get recognition they deserve.

18. Tee says:

So glad to see Carrie Preston on there! I have enjoyed many Good Wife guest stars, but she remains my favorite.

19. Ann says:

I’m so glad The Middle is finally getting recognized! It’s been a consistently funny show, probably one of the best comedies on tv…definately better than the overrated Modern Family. Also glad to see Sutton Foster and Monica Potter recognized for their great work as well!

• Terese says:

Agreed! I especially love that Eden Sher was nominated. She cracks me up every time. I think the whole cast is hilarious!

20. Amanda says:

Two words: MONICA POTTER

She was flat out amazing in the recent season. (So was Peter Krause, but hey!)

21. Elizabeth says:

Hear, hear on the lack of Scandal nods. K. Washington and Jeff Perry (Cyrus) ARE that show. And someone please explain “Top of the Lake” love to me. Beautifully shot, UGA, Garai outstanding, but the ever changing Elisabeth Moss accent (if she had one) and the inexplicable weirdness of Holly Hunter and her merry band of oddities? Intriguing, yes, but nowhere near award-worthy.

• Bennie says:

Disagree. Top of the Lake deserves all of the awards. But if you think Scandsl is great TV then It doesn’t take much for me to see why you don’t get it.

22. JT says:

Diana Rigg deserved that nomination because every time shows up she is just awesome.

23. Christy says:

Spell check! “best least actress Keri Russell”?????? No bueno!

24. No Continuum in drama series or any drama category instantly de-legitimizes these awards. I will put season 1 of it up against any drama, including the Scarecrow and Mrs. King knockoff The Americans.

• Pat D. says:

LOL@ the Scarecrow and Mrs. King reference….unless you were being serious, in which case I would say :

“Thats like saying Lost is a ripoff of Gilligan’s Island”.

25. ruby says:

Ahhh!the white people awards have started lol!!..why wasn’t jeff perr(cyrus) on scandal nominated he is amazing,even the guy that plays Huck..shame kerry isn’t nominated
    I hope USA regrets cancelling political animals.its their only show that had great critical acclaim,I miss it.
    Game of thrones last season wasn’t really good,dunno why its nominated,scandal would have been put there..But that’s Hollywood for you.

• Olive says:

First, the Game of Thrones nominations seem to be based on season 3 considering Rigg is nominated. Second, the second season was fantastic.

26. R says:

So happy to see Jake Johnson (New Girl) getting the nomination! He has been absolutely AMAZING this season.

27. Sean says:

With a few omissions this a really great list of talented nominees, hopefully the other awards follow suit. Pulling for The Americans though.

28. mchouse911 says:

Noah Emmerich? Love the Americans but ino he’s the weakest link on the show. He’s really wooden! and also no nomination for Margo Martindale’s perf as the granny?? She was amazing!
    On a diff note, it seems like any shondaland productions is shunned from any awards these days. I would’ve thought Guillermo Diaz or Jeff Perry deserve a nomination for their perfomances!

• Debra says:

agreed! Margo Martindale desrved the nomination – oh well there are always the EMMY’s :)

• Pat D. says:

I disagree about Noah…he has a very subtle rage thing going on, while on casual glance, I could see why you might think he was wooden. But yeah, Margo should’ve gotten the nod.

• Holly says:

I think he’s done a pretty decent job. He often plays a similar type of character in one show to another, but what he does, he does well. IMO, the real standouts on that show are Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell, both of whom have proven a much wider range. Happy to see the show got well deserved nominations.

29. Nick says:

Some great nominations, particularly excited about Tatiana Maslany…just happened upon Orphan Black one night, decided to give it a shot and WOW was I blown away…the show is great and Tatiana herself is a revelation!

30. Elizabeth says:

Way to go Parks! I am very much looking forward to Amy Poehler finally getting the credit she deserves this year. Emmys, I am talking to you!

31. Jon says:

Didn’t Community win last year? No nom this year?

32. Ethel says:

Thrilled to see The Middle finally getting some love. One of the best comedies on TV, much better than Modern Family. Hoping Bob Newhart wins for TBBT, he was really great and some of these young actors will never match what he has

33. Sandra says:

I’m on board with most of these recommendations. So happy to finally see Parks & Rec with its lovely cast finally get some recognition!

34. Annie says:

This is what I wish the Emmy ballots looked like!!

35. Lauren says:

Yeah Sutton Foster! She totally deserves a nod. And it’s always nice to see Parks & Rec get some love.

• Lauren says:

Oh and I just saw Kaley Cuoco’s nod. So glad. I hate that she gets overlooked so often. She somehow manages to play straight man but also be comedic in many scenes at the same time.

• Penny says:

She is the weakest one of that entire cast. To nominate Kaley over Mayiam? WTF????

• mraz13 says:

I wouldn’t say Kaley is necessarily the weakest; they are all perfectly cast. However, Mayiam not getting a nom is egregious. Actually, what struck me is that Kaley should be in the Best Actress, not Best Supporting Actress, category; if she’s not the lead actress in the show, who is? The show is just as much about about her as it is about Sheldon and Leonard. Then Mayiam can take her place in the latter category :)

• Kat says:

Sutton Foster is amazing!

36. lironreeve says:

and again, no castle! no Nathan Fillion! no Stana Katic!
    year after year they keep agnoring the BEST show on the screen today!

• dude says:

Learn how to spell ignore and I’ll consider your opinion.

• CastleFanForLife says:

Agreed!!! It’s actually really sad because this show definitely deserves some recognition not to mention the leading actors Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion whose performances continue to be stellar! Maybe it’s because “Castle” is a dramady and belongs in neither of those categories. But then I say it’s about time to create a new category, not just for the Critics’ Choice Awards but for the Emmys as well! So shows that don’t solely fit either the dramatic nor the comedic concept have a fair chance to be recognized, too!

• Liza180 says:

I agree. Castle is consistenly great and the writing is really good. They did an awesome job after getting Beckett and castle together. I think Nathan Fillion is always overlooked but he MAKES that show. Without him, it wouldn’t be the same at all.

• Carrie says:

I think the type of people who like shows like Castle and Scandal don’t realize what top rated acting is. Those type of shows are more soap opera like. A bit generic, like NCIS. You may like it, but its nowhere near the shows nominated. Not even close in the acting arena either.

• Moe says:

@Carrie – Your comment is…pedantic. What’s crazier about your comment is that you really believe, in your heart of hearts, that you are being scientific. I am a fan of Scandal and have enough experience in my field to know that Scandal, though soap-opera style, has extraordinary moments from their writers and, yes, even their actors. You cannot be a thorough, competent critic if, upon noting a certain genre, you throw the baby out with the bathwater. Disappointing comment…

37. Ella says:

So happy for Tatiana Maslany. IMO she is doing the most difficult and best work on television right now. Really hope she gets the award and will also be recognized by the Emmy and Golden Globe awards.

38. ash says:

Happy for TBBT nominations and a TWD actor (especially) Lincoln, finally gets recognized!

39. dude says:

Hayden Panettiere and Kerry Washington were both robbed as was Scandal and I’d rather see Eliza Coupe and Damon Wayans Jr. recognized from Happy Endings over Adam Pally. That said, hooray for Don Cheadle, Danny Pudi, Carly Chaikin, Casey Wilson, Tatiana Maslany, Corey Stoll, Abigail Spencer, Lily Rabe and everyone else from American Horror Story.

• jj says:

totally agree. Hayden kills it in Nashille. Damon and Eliza should have been recognized. I will miss happy endings.

• Liza180 says:

I agree, too. While I never liked Hayden before, I do like her in Nashville. Not only can she sing, but she gives depth to Juliette. I find I like her over Connie Britton in the show. I LOVE Eliza Coupe and Daman Wayans Jr together. They are hilarious and I think they are actually funnier than Adam Pally and Casey Wilson. I love Don Cheadle, but the HoL storyline this past season wasn’t that good. I’m really happy to see Eden Sher got nominated because she is great in The Middle. New Girl has gotten better and better and I’m glad to see Jake Johnson get some recognition. He and Zooey were really fun to watch.

40. Sara says:

No Scandal noma, but everyone else I hoped are nominated, specially Potter, Stoll & Maslany :) Now if the old suits at the Emmys could recognise them

41. fish says:

Seriously? Michael Cudlitz as SUPPORTING ACTOR? Who was the leading actor in Southland then…? AAAAAAAARGH. Well, I guess smaller recognition is better than no recognition at all.

• Tiffanie says:

Agree! Def not supporting and Monica potter isn’t supporting either in my opinion. Cant believe don cheadle gets non for house of lies and bill Macy doesn’t for shameless. Hes so flawless in acting his so flawed character

42. Debb says:

No Luke Wilson for Enlightened? He was amazing in it. The show should have been nominated for best comedy series, too. It’s definitely one of the most unique series I’ve ever watched, and truly touching.

43. Sam says:

I’m really happy about Tatiana Maslany’s nomination. She’s setting a new standard on excellent acting. I hope the old guard at the Emmys and Golden Globes take note and follow suit.

44. lisa says:

I know I’m in the minority but I LOVE all the ahs asylum love! They’re the exact set of five I would of nominated with Lily Rabe being the revelation and surprise this year that deserves to win it!

45. Dicie says:

Excited about The Americans nomination, one of the best shows on TV. Matthew Rhys is amazing in creating differences in all the characters he portrays on the show and totally deserves the best actor nod. Also, got to love any awards show that recognizes the genius that is Bob Newhart.

• Heather says:

Word!! on The Americans and especially Matthew Rhys he is especially good. Gald to see they are being recognized. Best new drama this year for sure!

• Holly says:

The Americans is by far my favorite show of the year. The acting and writing are both incredible and Rhys and Russell in particular have done so much with their roles.

46. Et al. says:

How are you guys going to choose between Vera and Tatiana? Good luck votimg. Also, Freddie Higmore was robbed.

47. Jen says:

I love seeing The Middle, Suburgatory, Happy Endings, and Parks getting some recognition!

48. KJS says:

Not much love for Modern Family. How does Sarah Hyland get nominated over Julie Bowen or Sophia Vergara?

49. henninggirl says:

Um….Where the hell is Robin Wright’s nomination?!