Exclusive First Look: The Goodwin Games Cast Takes Part in a Violent Beatdown!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Goodwin GamesAt first, everything’s going so well in this exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from a promo shoot for Fox’s The Goodwin Games (premiering Monday at 8:30/7:30c).

The cast — including TVLine faves Scott Foley and Becki Newton — looks great. They’re doing a fine job of explaining the comedy’s premise. But then…

Well, let’s just say that things taken an ugly turn when sticks are pulled out.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013: What’s on When? And Versus What?

We could describe to you the savage beating that takes place. But really, you have to see it to believe it. And, conveniently enough, if you press PLAY, you CAN see it.

Loading video...

Comments (20)

• That`s an picture from the pilot.

Comment by RibaMc – May 18, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The photo’s been updated. Thanks!

Comment by Vlada Gelman – May 18, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure the picture here is from the first pilot before they recast the younger brother. Might want to update this. Also, how is the pilot already online if it premiers on the 20th? I watched this like two weeks ago and it was great. I really hope people tune in.

Comment by Dananon90 – May 18, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t you remember when Fox premiered “Glee” right after the finale Idol? I think they’re simply putting a lot of stock into this show after the disaster that was Ben and Kate.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – May 18, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was all “Oh good, Plop found a new job!” But since it’s been recast with TJ Miller, I’m less interested. That dude ANNOYS!

Comment by Paul – May 18, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG I love TJ Miller! :-)

Comment by Macy – May 18, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I already watched the pilot, Miler is a bit annoying, but Foley and Newton are great, and I enjoyed the pilot than most of the comedies this year, I wish their was a chance of renewal, but who knew maybe it goes way downhill after the pilot, and that lead to them cutting the order.

Comment by Mike – May 18, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s sad that FOX didn’t even give this show a chance.. I mean the could aire this after Ben and Kate was pulled off the schedule or Raising ended it’s season. But well I’m not a executive at FOX :/

Comment by LE – May 18, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping this success, only because Becki Newton holds a special place in my heart from her role of Ugly Betty, and so Scott Foley’s character, Jake, is left n that hole of Scandal. Forever.

Comment by GTS – May 18, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m hoping for it to bomb so jake can be a series regular on scandal. i like him!

Comment by kay – May 20, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed the pilot and I wish Fox would get it together. Get rid of Dads, pair it with Brooklyn 99, New Girl & The Mindy Project. OR pair it with Raising Hope, two good family comedies together would be perfect. I don’t understand why these execs have such a hard time. If only they wanted to make good TV just a little bit more than they wanted to make money. GIVE ME A NETWORK.

Comment by Tricia – May 18, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The premiere is so good that I fail to comprehend how the show could have been shunted to late mid-season burn-off time.

It’s smart, funny, genuinely touching and surprisingly un-mean…

Oh, wait. It’s that last one, isn’t it?

Comment by Sheldon W. – May 18, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I’m perplexed. The pilot was really excellent.

Comment by Temperance – May 18, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who on earth decided to give TJ Miller a stick and a blindfold? That’s just ASKING for trouble!

Comment by Sheila – May 18, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why the show wasn’t used to fill in for whatever garbage failed after Raising Hope.

Comment by Midori – May 18, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so looking forward to this because I love Becki and Scott. I was annoyed that it was pushed back a whole season. And with only 7 episodes looks like this is just a burn off. I don’t know the guy that plays the younger brother but he looks super annoying. Good news is that it looks like at least Scott is going to have a gig with Scandal next season. Hope Becki can get something soon. She’s too funny not to be on TV. She and Michael Urie were the only reasons I loved Ugly Betty.

Comment by Babygate – May 19, 2013 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Shershow!

Comment by Philipp – May 19, 2013 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the pilot after watching it on Hulu. Let’s see if we can shock the network and make this a show they have to bring back midseason.

Comment by Evan – May 19, 2013 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I’m torn. I like Becki Newton and I love Scott Foley, but I hate TJ Miller. The premise sounds good, and they seem to have good chemistry, but Miller is just awful.

Comment by May – May 19, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somebody loves yellow clothing. Yuck.

Comment by Heathers – May 19, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post