It's Official: The Voice's Original Coaching Lineup Will Return for Season 5 This Fall

voice coachesThe old gang is officially getting back together!

NBC announced this afternoon that Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green have all signed on to return as coaches for Season 5 of The Voice, which is set to kick off this fall.

The quartet held court in the show’s trademark swivel chairs when NBC premiered the smash singing competition in April 2011, and remained a package set through the end of Season 3, when Aguilera and Green announced they’d be taking leaves of absence to work on outside projects.

NBC added that Shakira and Usher, who stepped in alongside Shelton and Levine during the show’s current fourth season, are confirmed to come back for Season 6 in the spring of 2014 (once again along with Levine and Shelton).

“We locked in a plan several months ago to have the outstanding Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green rejoin Blake and Adam for Cycle 5, and we’re pleased to announce that the original four coaches are going to be back together in the fall,” said Paul Telegdy, President of Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment, in a release. “They’re the reason this show was launched so strong for the first three cycles and we owe them a debt of gratitude. And after careful consideration of everyone’s schedules for next spring, we are excited to be returning the current cycle of judges — Shakira and Usher along with Blake and Adam — for cycle 6, which will premiere after the Winter Olympics.”

Excited that NBC has shored up all six of its coaching puzzle pieces through next Spring? Any ideas of what combo you’d like to see in Season 7? (You know there’s gonna be a Season 7.) Sound off below!

Comments (102)

• Wait i thought Usher and Shakira where back?

Comment by Damn – May 17, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’ll be back for season 6 (ie the Spring season). The coaches are alternating.

Comment by kavyn – May 17, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • After enjoying the hell out this season with Usher and Shakira as judges, I don’t think I can sit through Cee Lo’s descent into ultimate creepiness (which animal will be his co-judge?) and Christina, well she is downright annoying. But if I do tune in, it is only because of Blake and Adam. Just saying.

Comment by M. J. – May 21, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I couldn’t agree more! Bluntly, Cee Lo disgusts me. I’m OK with Christina but I really enjoyed both Usher and Shakira’s turns as judges. I may skip the season with the former judges …

Comment by BettyB. – May 21, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree I like the judges this season the best!! I love the way Adam and Blake act!

Comment by Maria – June 19, 2013 06:49 PM PDT
        • My sentiments exactly!

Comment by Sue – May 27, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t mind Cee Lo but I do not like Christina! On principle, I will not watch the fall show. Hopefully, if enough of us do this the network will get the idea.

Comment by Sue – May 27, 2013 07:02 AM PDT
        • I thought Shakira and Usher were terrific and I’m sorry they won’t be on next season. The chemistry of the judges was so much better than with celo and Christina…and it was so much more fun to watch.
          Thankfully Adam and Blake will still be there..but I am disappointed Shakira and Usher will not be joining them

Comment by lindacrozier – June 20, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re just jealous because you have no talent and Christina and CeeLo should take their rightful place at the chair where it all began remember it was Christina, CeeLo Blake ,and Adam who originally made the Voice work and in turn WHAT IT IS TODAY,oh and of course Carson Daily!.I know along with millions of others that Christina Aguilera has the best voice out of any female singer today. If any switch plays are done it should be Blake and Adam giving their seats up for a season!

Comment by Cheri Henderson – November 22, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It´s not going to happen, Blake and Adam said both, that if they do stay out a season they are gone for good and both said also, that if the one is out the other one is out too. There are actually people that just watch the show for Blake and Adam so the producer will keep the two together as long as possible…

Comment by Malika – December 10, 2013 08:57 AM PDT
          • yup, i totally agree with you

Comment by squall – December 19, 2013 09:08 PM PDT
    • Boo, for Christina & Cee Lo returning! My hubby and I are 60+, and never watch any of the other shows, like American Idol, etc, etc.! We started to watch “The Voice”, almost right from the beginning, and love it, except for Cee Lo & Christina. Cee Lo is weird, as everyone has stated, and Christina thinks she is G….. gift to the world. Usher and Shakira brought so much to the show, and we’ve never seen the judges get along so well. We did see a change in Usher towards the end of the season, but we wonder if that’s not because he was told that he had to leave for the season, and was disappointed. We are probably going to do what a lot of others have stated, and that is not watch season 5!
      Comment by The Disappointed 2

Comment by MARCIA M – May 27, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I won’t be watching until Shakira and Usher are back, the four judges last season made the show. Now it’s no different than American Idol and America’s got talent. All three shows are a bore without the right judges.

Comment by jen – September 23, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sorry to hear that… Usher and Shakira were so refreshing for the show!!! The Voice this season is so much better without Christina and Cee Lo…

Comment by Ana Morais – May 17, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with Ana’s comment. I’m 56 and this is the 1st year of The Voice I really enjoyed and it’s because of Shakira and Usher. They brought a new energy to the show I don’t think Cee Lo and Christina did. I for one am sorry to see they’re returning. I probably want watch season 5.

Comment by Bunny – May 18, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sure wont be watching the voice. It was refreshing without xtina. Cant believe they are bringing her back.

Comment by Samantha jones – May 20, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shakira was the best judge this season, imo. I’ll definitely miss her for season 5. I’m speaking as a vocal coach here, too. She gives, hands down, the best vocal tips of all the coaches. (Blake is 2nd place with that, the guy rarely misses a bum note.)

Between Ceelo and Usher, I don’t care that much. Ceelo has WAY way better taste in music than Usher, though, and I find his coaching style better too. Usher making them do push-ups/workouts and having Michelle sing into a mirror was all just too hokey for me. Usher’s an amazing vocalist, but I was shocked to see how terrible his music choices for his team were. The songs were outdated, cheesy, or just overdone; he has yet to make a single creative, innovative choice. At least Ceelo did that…

Also, I’ve gotten pissy with Adam in the past for some of his choices, but his team is hands down the strongest of them all this season. Amber especially–what a VOICE!!

I wish we could just do away with Christina. She’s so freaking annoying, and the whole “pop only” approach she took last year was so snore-worthy. Even w the pop “artists” she chose, they weren’t very good singers. And yeah, her taste in music, though better than Usher’s, was pretty poor.

I’m disappointed in Blake for doing an all country team this year, but for some reason don’t begrudge him that the way I did Christina. Maybe it’s because the talent level of his team is higher than Christina’s last year was (Christina obviously sacrificed better singers to keep the team all pop, Blake did not do this). I find every single one of his team members to be incredibly boring, however (Holly, for example, is very off-putting, self-centered, and one dimensional, and this shows up in her boring performances and boring song choices). There were better country artists who he could have ended up with, but oh well.

Comment by Anonymous – May 22, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree……Shakira and Usher are much better to watch and listen to than the other two. Usher’s smile is that of a little boy who has done wrong but is trying to get out of it. Shakira honestly looks like she is interested in the contestants. My belief… Christina can’t stand the thought of someone being liked more than her. Cee Lo is just weird to me.

Comment by gretalynn – May 21, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • absolutely I agree – I tuned in this season because I love the banter between the current judges and Shakira acts as a great foil between the guys – I won’t tune in when the original judges come back

Comment by Linda – May 22, 2013 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen

Comment by Doc – July 28, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, I always loved the original line up, I’ve missed Christina and Cee Lo this season, I think the chemistry between the original four is better. I like the rotating coaches each “season” though, it makes the show more refreshing, I wonder if Blake and Adam will take a season off soon.

Comment by Amy – May 17, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Give me a break! Christina’s chemistry doesn’t mix with any of them – and Usher’s coaching has been such a refreshing change from Christina’s non-coaching.

Comment by Lynn – May 21, 2013 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice is airing a season in the Fall of 13 and the Spring of 14. Blake and Adam are in both, Christina and Cee Lo in Fall, Usher and Shakira in Spring. Kinda neat! I just hope that the change between the two seasons is enough to not burn out viewers. I really enjoy the show.

Comment by Tammy – May 17, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t answer my initial question Shakira/Usher/?/? for Season 6 in Spring ’14

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – May 17, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shakira and Usher will again replace Christina and Cee Lo in the sixth season, i.e. the spring cycle, as they did this season. They will all still coach alongside Adam and Blake, both of whom are set to do both the fifth and sixth seasons.

Comment by J. – May 18, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I’ll be skipping Season 5 and will wait for Season 6.

Comment by Lena – May 17, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup sounds about right

Comment by Liz – May 17, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me to

Comment by pylvrym – May 18, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.

Comment by Crystal – May 20, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Shakira is a nice addition, she is so positive and actually wants to help her team members. Xtina doesn’t want the competition. Stick with this current selection of 4, Nix Celo and Trina.The show is much more enjoyable with those two!!!

Comment by Joeo – May 22, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep!

Comment by Doc – July 28, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no… not Christina…

Comment by kijang aja – May 17, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is The Worst! I’ve not missed her unsightly cleavage at all.

Comment by Name(less) – May 20, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmm. Wonder if ratings will be affected by this.
    Not so much Cee-Lo, but certainly Christina alienated a lot of viewers from the “Tony Lucca” incident onwards.
    Personally I’d rather she not come back, unless she can magically stop Carson ripping it with…..his…..long….pauses…..for….dramatic…..effect which lead to eliminations during sped up closing titles.

Comment by Brian (@TheFifthDoctor) – May 17, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad they’re alternating! I’ll check out the fall just to see if Christina is nicer to women on the show. I hope she doesn’t wear that pillbox on her head again.

Comment by JAO – May 17, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • let’s jump to season 6 already

Comment by Ashley – May 17, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder who will take over for Blake and Adam when they choose to take a break or if they will take a break ever?

Comment by Philip – May 17, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blake and Adam both seem to enjoy working together and on the show as well as appreciate the tremendous boost that it has had on their careers. They also seem to endear to the viewing public more than Christina, Cee Lo, Shakira or Usher. I can only imagine that the producers of the show will do anything in their power to retain the two of them as much as possible.

If ever there does come a season in which the two of them need to take a season off though, the show seems to be willing to alternate between all six of the coaches. Perhaps we could one day see a season with JUST Christina, Cee Lo, Shakira and Usher as the coaching panel?

Comment by J. – May 18, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it’d be tough for them to do that as there would be no coaches for the voices who tend to lean more towards the country music. Cee Lo, Christina, Adam, and Usher all seem similar kinds of music. I just don’t think that would work out

Comment by Blake – May 22, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would be the end of the show.

Comment by Joeo – May 22, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish Cristina had stayed gone. Happy to see cee lo though. I think he chooses interesting artists, along with Adam.

Comment by lori – May 17, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With Cee Lo’s recent performance on the show alongside his second season finalist Juliet and his advising Shakira’s finalists this coming week, it almost feels as though he hasn’t even been gone this season!

Comment by J. – May 18, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure many will appreciate having the original judges back, but after seeing how the show is with Shakira and Usher, I personally am not thrilled by the return of Xtina and Cee Lo. Cee Lo generally didn’t give useful criticisms, often rambling on about beautiful souls and ethereal auras, while Xtina seemed like she was there to play the game but not to help the singers, playing favorites as a judge and not selecting variety as a coach. Shakira, meanwhile is incredibly sweet, intelligent, and a refreshingly different kind of female judge who avoids the cattiness (Xtina, Nicki Minaj) or airheadedness (Paula Abdul, Britney Spears, Kara DioGuardi) or general uselessness (Mariah Carey, Ellen DeGeneres) that other female judges in the genre have shown. I was not a big fan of Usher at first because he seemed cocky (and still does), but he’s been an intriguing presence and fascinating coach to watch, and he doesn’t play favorites even though I totally expected him to.

Comment by Warren – May 17, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You absolutely nailed it. I’ve watched all the seasons (the only competition show I’ve ever watched, actually), but have found this season so much more enjoyable without Xtina–and have genuinely enjoyed both Shakira and Usher. Unlike the other coaches, Xtina always seemed to put the focus on herself instead of her team (and always with plenty of cleavage as well–which I don’t generally mind…if you’ve got it, I’ve got no problem with your flaunting it, but it just always seemed a bit much with her). There’s no denying she has awesome pipes–but I personally found her a turnoff in every aspect as both a judge and a woman. Still, I watched despite her.

Wasn’t sure what to expect of the new coaches, not really knowing either that well except for having seen their music videos. But Shakira has been absolutely refreshing and adorable to watch and get to know a bit about this season. It seems odd to think of her as adorable, because she is without a doubt an extremely sexy woman, but she is sexy and adorable all at once, without even trying (I could be wrong, but I don’t think I recall even seeing cleavage once with her this season–whereas you just couldn’t not notice it with Xtina). And that has been such a fantastic contrast to Xtina. Plus, she seems so much more involved with and interested in her team’s success than Xtina was ever able to feign. Her relationship to the other judges also is more enjoyable to watch.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Usher as well. Cee Lo got a bit too creepy in his constant commenting on his appreciation of the good looking women on the show, but he never bothered me like Xtina did and from what I recall, seemed genuinely more interested in actually trying to do well by his team. But if I had my choice, I’d rather watch Usher. Never expected him to be as “aw shucks cute” as he comes across (yes, a bit cocky–but even so, not completely stuck on himself and not afraid to be silly), and he also seems invested in trying to help his team.

I’ll have to seriously think about whether to watch Season 5 or not before definitely coming back for Season 6 with Shakira and Usher–as others have suggested hereon as a way of “protesting” Xtina and hoping to get Shakira on full-time. But I wonder if enough would really do that to have a meaningful impact on ratings? Anyway, I’ve been thinking this and just wanted to add my thoughts as I saw your more constructive comment on here. Cheers to Shakira and Usher!

Comment by Charged – May 29, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, thanks for the response. It was as if I had written it, as these are our sentiments exactly; thanks!

Comment by MARCIA M – May 30, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Usher and Shakira will be back season 6 maybe by then XTina and Celo with decide to leave permanently cause the fans are sick of Xtina and she’s not worth 17 million dollars for season 5 NBC has created a diva monster

Comment by Lee – May 17, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more! Diva monster? Great choice of words. Shakira and Usher (once he settled in) were a refreshing addition to the show. It was wonderful to not have to be subjected to all of Cee Lo’s antics, ridiculous wardrobe choices, and animal friends, and Christina throwing her somewhat hefty body around as if she were a size 2 teenager! i’m not looking forward to their return. As much as I love the show, I may even skip season 5.

Comment by Trina Yates – June 18, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though I prefer Shakira and Usher on the panel, I’m alright with Cee Lo and Christina. Regardless with either 4 person panel, The Voice is far superior to Idol and X Factor. I’m really glad The Voice locked up Shakira and Usher and didn’t allow them to get away from them, possibly hired by those other two crappy shows which I would love to see go away.

Comment by JDuro – May 17, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could they just give the show a rest and only have it on once a year? I can’t believe the network execs say “Oh, here’s an idea, let’s put 4 similar shows on, some at the same time” and then they wonder why ratings are down. I know The Voice ratings are high, but unless it (and the others) produce viable stars they aren’t going to last. Not to mention all the producer manipulation, the “casting,” the sob stories, the exhorbitent salaries commanded by the judge/mentors. I’m getting sick of the shenanigans just writing this…time for a break.

Comment by Leela – May 17, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree the Voice is reaching overkill.

Comment by Mike – May 17, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooooo! Zach Swon’s Scream mask expression :) I do not enjoy Christina. Her with an unfriendly diva like stare. The way she presents herself is totally unwelcoming.

Comment by SnoreBrothers – May 17, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now announce the return of Purrrfect as well, and not that weird parrot.

Comment by Mike – May 17, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! I love season 4, but seasons 1-3 were like the best. I honestly don’t get why everyone is saying Xtina is a bitch because she isn’t. She speaks whats in her mind and very few artists can do that which I respect! The ratings of the show actually went up a lot from season 2—>3, so I have no idea why people are bringing up Tony Lucca… Xtina and CeeLo gave the show a boost and is the reason why The Voice stayed for long. This fall, spring alternation is great because it gives the viewers a new perspective. Hopefully season 7 will be 2 girls and 2 guys because I would love to see Xtina and Shakira be on the same season so they can fight for a Latino/Spanish person since can speak fluent Spanish! Hehe… Can’t wait to see what the voice has for us!

Comment by Brian – May 17, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems personal for Christina with certain contestants and it seems to be Adams contestants- like Tony Luca and Amanda Brown. Once she gets that way she will give them negative, underwhelming or patronizing feedback in an attempt to sabotage their chances of winning. It got really obvious with Amanda- she was out of contestants and was sure to diss Amanda and at the same time start backing Blake’s contestants. It was clear she did nt want anyone from Adam’s team to win. Not a good coach for the panel. Hope she leaves after season 5 and never returns.

Comment by Matrix – May 18, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree with you she had a bad attitude with Tony Luca that was so wrong thats what totally
        changed my mind with her Ce Lo is wierd to me

Comment by Debra DeLeon – May 21, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to having everyone back except for Christina and Usher. Wish we could have Adam Cee Lo Blake and Shakira together.

Comment by Sue – May 17, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i prefer it to be blake adam christina and usher don’t like cee lo cant wait til it comes back on love it…..

Comment by Tammy Moore Lucianna – June 28, 2013 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is smart to rotate the coaches, it gives them time to do other stuff, and not have to leave the show for good. It also shakes things up a little bit, and will hopefully keep the show from getting too tedious.

Comment by Leah – May 18, 2013 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I care about in this article is that Shakira and Usher will return in the Spring. Season 4 is the best one yet, and that’s largely due to Shakira and Usher. Usher in particular is the real deal as a coach. Love how he prepares and nurtures his talent.

Comment by MrMank – May 18, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all of these old people who hate Christina. You’re in the minority. Christina got a big raise to come back. Why? Because ratings have been down for 3 weeks straight. Half the season. They need to bring Christina and Cee Lo back before it gets any worse. You will deal!

Comment by Gio – May 18, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One smart person,thanks God.I hate Shakira,i didn’t watch the show this season and i can’t belive that stupid Shakira is back for season 6.The ratings are low with stupid Shakira and Usher.The queen Xtina is back for season 5 and i heard for season 7,i can’t wait.,i count the days for that to happend.

Comment by delia – May 29, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOOOOOO!!!

Comment by Davej – May 19, 2013 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think if Blake takes a break Miranda should sit in for him hehe :).

Comment by EveatEden – May 20, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Xtina was not missed and not worth 17 million. That is sickening

Comment by Samantha jones – May 20, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best season ever. The new hosts added a lot of class to the season. I’m disappointed Usher and Shakira will not return. I doubt I’ll watch the next season.

Comment by Janis Coquillard – May 20, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Usher and Shakira ARE returning next spring!!

Comment by ETG – May 20, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm, top 10 recap is late tonight, is it because his favorite, Ambah, wasn’t the best tonight? Just joking Slez, I am honestly thinking you are one of the best recappers online, looking forward to it.

Comment by matt – May 20, 2013 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully they don’t screw up the voting again the first night so i can watch next season. Their explanation that they’d just count one type of demographic voter but knew how the other types of modern forms of voting would yield roughtly the same top 2 of each 4 .. (not even text? : using an 800 number is like using a rotary dial phone for people under 25 in the circles I know.obviously some groups are different.. i can’t imagine we’d have the same tastes with such different perceptions of whats normal.). Had they put it in some other way than suggesting that their method was the fair and prudent way voting irregularities should be handled. I could bear it. (i know they tamper.. big deal.. just NEVER set broad expectations about what is and isn’t propper in terms of handling elections a far bigger matter than the show.. they can be abitrary or biased.. just don’t say its a fair way of handling elections.. say the votes messed up and we decided these 3 should go through…etc)

Comment by Tom22 – May 21, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thats to bad that their coming back don’t like Christina and CeLo it won’t be the same Usher and Shakira added so much flavor and Entertainment

Comment by Debra DeLeon – May 21, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I don’t like Christina or Cee Lo.

I watched the first season of The Voice and stopped watching until season 4 (the current season) ever since I heard they weren’t returning and Shakira And Usher were.

I like Shakira as a person and am a huge fan of Usher, both as a person and an Artist.

I’d prefer if Christina and Cee Lo weren’t involved in season 5, just the current four.

But if they want to involve the original 2 I think it would be awesome if they’d have all six judges together.

Of course they’d all have to agree with it and there’s also a factor that they’d need to take breaks at some points for touring or whatever else they’re doing.

Because of course, in fact each of them are huge names and have a lot to do with their careers and personal lives so I suspect that would be very hard to pull off.

But I can guarantee you that next season with Adam, Cee Lo, Blake & Christina I will not watch. . . Again.

Comment by Haley – May 22, 2013 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Aretha Franklin

Comment by Justin – May 22, 2013 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the group they have. Shakira and Usher genuinely seem to care like Adam and Blake. I also feel the talent this year has not been as good in years past. May be adding to ratings issue. Christina Yuch! Cee-lo Weird!

Comment by John – May 22, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree with you John. Let’s see how the season plays out

Comment by M. J. – May 22, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the craziness that Cee Lo brings to the table, without him it would just be vanillia with Blake and Adam. Christina they could do without, because she provides no honest coaching, and is very self-centered, poor played out diva…

Comment by tl – May 22, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t take Christina, will not watch next year just like I quit last year.

Comment by ponkle (@ponkle) – May 22, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Christina is so annoying and she offers no constructive coaching to any of the contestants and Cee Lo is riding the crazy train, imho. I’ll wait for the Usher/Shakira season to return.

Comment by M. J. – May 22, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe make a new show with Christina and Nikki Minaj and I will be sure to skip lol

Comment by ponkle (@ponkle) – May 22, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the SEASON 6!!! Love this current coaches, love all of them. Let Shakira and Usher be back in season 7 too.

Comment by Aserly – May 28, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve got that one right! Did you see the fun all 4 of them were having last night on the show? They’re the best!!!!!!

Comment by MARCIA M – May 28, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep the current judges they are fun and get along and we don’t have ti listen to xristina whining and show off with adam it was ugly. I will watch it unless this current team stays on.

Comment by sueludwic – May 29, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THAT’S WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR!

Comment by MARCIA M – May 29, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meant will not watch unless current stays on

Comment by sueludwic – May 29, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here is why I really can’t stand Christina.. She pushes her button. Turns around..and if she does not think the person is attractive enough for her…she gets this weird look on her face…like ooh…I should have not turned around. Your really are not that pretty Christina…I’m sure others will disagree…but I think pretty is both inside and out. Including a wonderful personality. I really hope you read this Christina…maybe…you could improve your actions..and stop thinking you are all THAT!!! Yes, no doubt you are a great singer…but you need a better personality. Work on that Christina and maybe you will be more accepting by the fans of “The Voice”. Celo…why? He can’t even sing…

Comment by Lisa Palladino – June 27, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty is one thing, bitch is another. And she isn’t even that pretty. I truly feel that a persons warmth and good personality, brings out their inner beauty, and that is what’s important!!

Comment by MARCIA M – June 27, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina….try to act more like Shakira…so beautiful. In and out. Now that is attractive…take a hint Christina!!!

Comment by Lisa Palladino – June 27, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right on! Shakira is a class act: warm, involved, smart, funny, unaffected and totally adorable in every way. I won’t miss here on Season 5 because I am not going to watch The Voice until she and Usher are back. Christina Aguilera has never impressed me as a person. Great voice, but that’s it. Shakira is the real deal.

Comment by Cristina – September 25, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For season 7, please put Shakira and Usher on. I like it much more with them two on the show. I think it got more ratings. I will be the right age for season 7, and I want to work with either Shakira or Usher. I would prefer Shakira, though. I want to meet her so much. Please, put Shakira and Usher on permanently. I will have a better chance to see them.

Comment by Demetra Prochaska – July 9, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was the first season that I have ever watched The Voice, and I loved the dynamics between the four judges. They were great together. I didn’t know Blake Shelton from shinola, but will now forever be a fan of his person (don’t like country music, sorry). He is adorable, and the repartee between he and Adam was hilarious at times. Shakira is the greatest. She should have gone to the finals with Sasha. As for Adam and Usher… it doesn’t get any hotter.

As for Cee-lo and “La Aguilera” for next season… sorry, they do nothing for me as artists. I’ll wait until the 6th for Shakira and Usher, baaaby!

Comment by Cristina – September 25, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Shakira continues to be involved in helping to promote the careers of her team members. Same goes for Usher. They, together with Adam and Blake, seem like genuine human beings who really care.

Comment by Cristina – September 25, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by MARCIA M – September 25, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a lifelong construction supervisor and never watched these kind of shows. I’m retired as of 2013 and I really enjoy watching the Voice with my wife. Not so much the other shows! I think the Voice has a hit for a long time to come.

John A.

Comment by John Anthoney & Judy – October 16, 2013 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know what has happened to Christina this season. My hubby and I swore we would not watch the show anymore, due to her snobbish, I am the best, attitude. I took a peek last week, and she has turned into an absolute sweetheart. Maybe it’s that she has read all the bad remarks about herself, or maybe it’s motherhood, or all of the above; who cares. All I know is that it is an absolute please to see the change, and if it stays this way, we’re back!!

Comment by MARCIA M – October 16, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want Shakira and Usher to come back .!! I love Xtina .. and I hate Shakira . :’(

Comment by Mhee – November 11, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My hubby and I have got to admit, Christina has gotten a lot more mellow. She gives compliments, smiles a lot, and seems more composed. Maybe motherhood has done it!

Comment by MARCIA M – November 11, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina and Ceelo and Blake and Adam are The Voice!!!!!!!! I could not sit thru a show w Shakira and Usher it was soooo boring!!!!!’ The chemistry between the original crew is amazimg! And Xtina is the reason i watch this show…..

Comment by Erika – December 11, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Christina comes back for season 7. Don’t care too much about cee Lo however I gotta say that the original 4 are really crazy and fun. Shakira and usher were boring. They didnt have the same chemistry Xtina and cee Lo have with Blake and Adam.

Comment by dianayousif – December 18, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of you Christina haters are just jealous of her and her extraordinary talent. She gives the best comments on the show. Yes she is a Diva and deserves to be. Her knowledge of music and I mean all music is unrivaled. Her criticism is always constructive and very helpful . She is the only reason I watch The Voice.

Comment by Joe – December 19, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would like to see Christina leave the show, she does not like women for some reason and people really see her biase. She is just not nice on the show:(

Comment by Dawn Theobald – January 7, 2014 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post