Fall TV Preview

Fall Preview: Watch Trailers For The Crazy Ones, Intelligence, Mom and Other New CBS Series

CBS Fall 2013 IntelligenceCBS is the latest network to unveil full-length trailers for its 2013-14 lineup, which includes Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar‘s father/daughter duo, Anna Faris trying her hand as a Mom, a Lost fave using his Intelligence and many more.READ MORE & WATCH PROMOS

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

Press PLAY below to preview the Eye Network’s latest offerings, then hit the comments with your snappy judgments! (Promos for CBS’ midseason shows will be added as soon as they become available.)

We Are Men, with Jerry O’Connell, Kal Penn, Tony Shalhoub, Chris Smith (airing Mondays at 8:30/7:30c)

Mom, with Anna Faris, Allison Janney, Nate Corddry, French Stewart (Mondays at 9:30 pm)

Hostages, with Dylan McDermott, Toni Collette, Tate Donovan (Mondays at 10 pm)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Intelligence, with Josh Holloway, Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady (Mondays at 10 pm following Hostages‘ run)

The Millers, with Will Arnett, Margo Martindale, Beau Bridges, JB Smoove (Thursdays at 8:30 pm)

The Crazy Ones, with Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, James Wolk (Thursdays at 9 pm)

Comments (63)

• I’m excited for The Crazy Ones.

Comment by Esaul – May 15, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I wish it was an hour long series though. It doesn’t look like a show that will work well as a half hour comedy. I’d rather an hour long dramedy.

Comment by Mark – May 15, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Mom and The Millers

Comment by Martin – May 15, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never Mind, there now.

Comment by Martin – May 15, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE CRAZY ONES!!!

This looks so good and SMG is the cherry on top 😏

Comment by Ollie – May 15, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree looks pretty good!

Comment by LE – May 15, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So, with James Wolk in it, does that mean Bob Benson won’t be sticking around on Mad Men?!?! I was getting super into the idea of him and Joan together!

Comment by gdv – May 16, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We are men looks funny. Nice to see Tony Shalhoub back on tv. Intelligence looks awesome.

Comment by CBWBDK1 – May 15, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m interested in “The Crazy Ones,” and possibly “We Are Men.” But “We Are Men” might be better if it’s just 30 minutes of the cast ripping on each other.

Comment by lariet50 – May 15, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crazy Ones is going to be so great! Can’t wait!

Comment by Jerm – May 15, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The logline for Intelligence made it sound a lot like Chuck or Jake 2.0, but it’s clearly going to be more serious. Hopefully they’ll be able to make it unique and compelling and not just another crime procedural with a few nifty visual effects.

Comment by wordsmith – May 15, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was my immediate reaction too. “This looks like Chuck, but not a comedy.” I had totally forgot about Jake 2.0. Maybe Intelligence will succeed where Jake failed. Plus who doesn’t love Meghan? Bout time she got a starring gig.

Comment by jericho – May 15, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • intelligence looks good.

Comment by alexjones – May 15, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KELLY.

Comment by castlefan – May 15, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now we know why CBS has the series with the most rating like NCIS and TBBT

Comment by Lorena – May 15, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How the hell is CBS the number 1 network? Every single one of these look terrible!

Comment by Jim – May 15, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!!!! The CW has better pilots!!

Comment by Prue – May 15, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because they own half of the Nielsen Ratings Company.

Comment by TV Critic – May 15, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All look good, though I think Mom would work better as a drama. And while I love the promo and idea for Crazy Ones, I don’t think it’s going to make it. I do love SMG but I don’t think she can keep up with Robin Williams, and I think that’s going to show through.

Comment by S. – May 15, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Crazy Ones looks great! i can’t wait!

Comment by Steven – May 15, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was intrigued by intelligence, but Ory and Halloway had ZERO chemistry. Further, she wasn’t featured in the interviews. A recast there would not be surprising. That was the weakest thing about all the promos. Honestly, I think I will watch all these shows. The Moms show could get old quick, but I will give it a chance.

Comment by Patrick – May 15, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are mostly derivative of CBS current lineup. They don’t take many chances. Big no for all comedies. I was looking forward to Hostage but it actually looks less appealing than I thought. I will probably give it a try anyways because it’s Toni Colette. Loved her since she did Muriel’s Wedding. Intelligence feels a lot like Person of Interest but who cares? It’s Josh freaking Holloway. That’s enough for me. Too bad we have to wait until the Spring…

Comment by Babygate – May 15, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We are Men starts the same way as Happy Endings did.

Comment by Sara – May 15, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hostages looks fantastic great cast behind it definitly will watch it, intelligance looks fun, and Crazy Ones I mean it’s Robin friggin Williams how can you not watch that.

Comment by James – May 15, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I appreciate their acknowledging Intelligence as the Six Million Dollar Man for the digital age. it’s what I was thinking. It’s about time someone presented the next iteration of that concept.

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 15, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crazy Ones isn’t my usual cup of tea, but that cast! I’m willing to give it a shot. I am sad Amanda Setton didn’t really get featured in the promo.

Comment by C – May 15, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew the cast of We are Men was great, but somehow I didn’t see it coming together perfectly. Wow does that look awesome! It’s like a show that you feel as if you want to be a part of. Everyone looks like they’re having so much fun. Crazy Ones looks great, Mom looks good, bit disappointed by The Millers but it has Will Arnett so it can’t be that bad.

Comment by Zach – May 15, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everything Arnett does is bad and is cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons.

Comment by Sg. Grant – May 15, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ever heard of Arrested Development? He would make you proud!

Comment by Lara – May 23, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow… I couldn’t finish any of these either… Maybe all the networks will improve on their shows as the season progresses?

Comment by jalahyacinth – May 15, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We are Men looks the funniest. Hostages looks intriguing.

Comment by diane – May 15, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m only really interested in Intelligence and Crazy Ones, but if they recast Ory then I’m probably not tuning in. I thought my love for Anna Faris would outweigh my distaste for Chuck Lorre comedies but I guess not, which is a bit disappointing. I’ll probably still watch the first few episodes of Mom and see if it grows on me.

Comment by kavyn – May 15, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I’m shocked how many shows I’m looking forward to that are on CBS, I usually avoid CBS with a passion.

Hostages looks interesting, but do they have a long term plan for this show, what happens once the protagonist either kills or does not kill the President.

Intelligence looks high concept for sure, I’m definitely checking out the pilot. I think it has potential and a good cast, but seeing how it looks like a serial drama as compared to a procedural, I don’t know if it will last on CBS.

I wasn’t crazy about We are Men, I mean it didn’t look terrible, but it didn’t look that great either, but it seems to have a solid cast, but I’m predicting this one gets cancelled early on and Mike and Molly takes its place.

Mom was better than my expectations, but given it is a Lorre comedy, my expectations were pretty low. Anna Faris seems perfect for her role. I expect it to be a success, but I don’t think I’ll be watching.

I did not like The Millers, which is a shame since it has such a talented cast, that belong on better shows. I do expect it to be at least a moderate success in the post BBT time slot.

The Crazy One on the other hand looks excellent, and is my favorite new comedy that was picked up by any of the major networks. I really want it to be a success since the cast looks fantastic. James Wolk deserves a show that doesn’t get cancelled after only one season. I hope this one lasts.

Comment by Mike – May 15, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOOW CBS new shows look really solid! I think this could be a breakout season for them. They have 3 potential hits with Crazy ones, mom and the millers (could be a also a failure) and 2 cool dramas. I think I might watch all the comedies and Hostages. Itelligence looks cool but procedurals are not my cup of tea.

Comment by LE – May 15, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE CRAZY ONES look good. So does HOSTAGES. I also liked the preview of THE MILLERS and MOM. WE ARE MEN however looks horrible.

Comment by Daniela – May 15, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for crazy ones!!!

Comment by david – May 15, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are people so excited for the crazy ones? All these shows look pretty terrible

Comment by Patricia De Souza – May 15, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Intelligence may be the one NEW fall show I could get excited about.

Comment by kirads09 – May 15, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to be honest, I thought these all looked terrible. But to Babygate’s point, all of these shows look like current CBS shows. I guess they are #1 so they don’t have to take chances, just produce more of the same.

That being said, I was excited for Hostages (Dylan McDermott) and Intelligence (welcome back Josh Holloway!), but the promos weren’t that great. Hopefully, we can get some actual promos/trailers without the behind the scenes interviews so we can get a feel for the actual shows.

So far for this fall, I’m really only excited for The Black List on NBC.

Comment by Southland Fan – May 15, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would have checked out the Crazy Ones but alas, Grey’s Anatomy and Beauty and the Beast occupy my thursdays @ 9. Unless Batb gets moved.

Comment by Danielle H. – May 15, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hostages, We Are Men, Crazy Ones and Intelligence I’ll try out. The rest look baaad. Even We are Men is iffy.

Comment by Teag – May 15, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m annoyed they finally picked up a single camera comedy and still passed on Super Clyde!

Comment by Drewer – May 15, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I was looking forward to that one.

Comment by Zachary – May 15, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why annoyed, single cams are the best.

Comment by Mike – May 15, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crazy Ones and Intelligence, totes.

Comment by Jason – May 15, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sold on all – except We Are Men. Very odd as I don’t watch much on CBS – minus Good Wife, HIMYM 2BG and BBT. Strange, indeed.

Comment by Ken (@whataboutken) – May 15, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Im going to be checking out all of these

Comment by Stephen Lisenko – May 15, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Intelligence should be a hit. Hostages – not so much. Can’t imagine how the premise will last beyond the 15 first season episodes (or even be dragged out over those episodes).

Mom and The Crazy Ones have best potential. The Millers looks awful. Actually painful.

Comment by ChicagoDan – May 15, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t CBS do regular trailers like everyone else? What is it with this behind the scenes crap?

Comment by Eli – May 16, 2013 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my God! I just want to watch the preview, not the behind-the-scenes garbage! How am I supposed to be able to tell if I’d like the show.

Comment by Miranda – May 16, 2013 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All look like winners except Hostages.

Comment by Julio – May 16, 2013 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oof I thought I read that Mom had a great script/pilot. That was a let-down.

Intelligence, good cast but kind of generic feeling. Also as much as I love Ory’s Red, she felt a little flat here.

The Millers had a couple of funny parts, which were completely eradicated by all the terribly unfunny parts.

The Crazy Ones I was curious about but didn’t think the promo looked too great.

Yeah in general if I check out any of these, it’s because of the cast, not because the plots or promos looked good.

Comment by Tee – May 16, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What?! CBS doing exciting, different TV shows? Craziness. I’m excited for The Crazy Ones, Mom, Intelligence and Hostages.

Comment by dude – May 16, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooo Intelligence is just a darker Chuck?

Comment by ggny – May 16, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for the Crazy Ones – Robin Williams & Sarah Michelle Gellar! Love them both so I know It is going to be so good!

Comment by Corinne (@Cory0706) – May 16, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Crazy Ones, The Crazy Ones, The Crazy Ones, yes

Comment by bobbie – May 16, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If “We Are Men” focused mostly on Kal Penn and Tony Shaloub I would watch it, but I’m seriously doubting that this show will fly as is.

Comment by bobbie – May 16, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Intelligence and Mom!!!!! Best casts ever. Josh Holloway= yummy sexy beast(aka my biggest tv crush ever); Meghan Ory= total girl crush; Anna Farris+Allison Janney= unstoppable bitches. what now.

Comment by Natalie – May 16, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the best part of the crazy ones preview was when the writers said we gave robin a few ideas and let him go. the almost guarantees it will be hilarious.

Comment by James – May 16, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good:
    Hostages
    The Millers
    Intelligence

Bad:
    Crazy Ones
    We Are Men
    Mom

Comment by Leondre – May 18, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw the 30 minute screening of The Millers and it was very funny. Definitely going to watch it!

Comment by Maddawg – June 20, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post