Fall TV First Look: Alice Travels to Wonderland, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Suit Up

PETER GADIOT, SOPHIE LOWETwo hot properties are coming to ABC this fall, and we’ve got a sneak peek at the characters of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in action.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

The Once spin-off Wonderland — which will air Thursdays at 8/7c — stars Sophie Lowe as Alice, a young girl who finds herself in a strange land on the other side of a rabbit hole. But as you can see in the following photos, not everyone back in Victorian England believes her tale, leading doctors to try to cure her.

Also featured are Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, the mysterious genie Alice fell in love with, and Michael Socha (the UK’s Being Human) as the sardonic Knave of Hearts, who — along with the White Rabbit (voiced by Third Rock from the Sun‘s John Lithgow) — arrives just in time to save Alice from her doomed fate.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013: What’s on When? And Versus What?

New TV Shows 2013Keep on paging through the gallery for a first look at the team of S.H.I.E.L.D. (airing Tuesdays at 8 pm) — and one seriously beautiful shot set-up from director Joss Whedon.

The cast for the much-anticipated TV offshoot of the Avengers movie — which follows a worldwide law enforcement organization that polices the new, the strange and the unknown — includes ER alum Ming-Na (as former soldier Melinda May), Clark Gregg (reprising his big-screen Avengers role as Agent Phil Coulson), Nashville’s Chloe Bennet (as superhero culture-obsessed Skye), British beauty Elizabeth Henstridge (science expert Gemma Simmons), Scotsman Iain De Caestecker (tech whiz Leo Fitz) and Brett Dalton (rising star Agent Grant).

RELATED | Complete 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning?

1. Eli says:

That picture of Elizabeth Henstridge is just horrendous, she looks almost deformed :( Whoever came up with that should be fired on the spot.

2. I need a clarification.

Is Alice a girl from the real world like Wendy who travels to Wonderland, or is she a fantasy character like Snow and Red?

Why is it that the Darlings weren’t fairy tale characters and were real historical people? They originate in a fairy tale.

• Yeah, but it makes sense for them to be real people, or else there would be Real World, Wendy’s Real World and Neverland (i.e.) and things would get too messy, don’t you think?

• Also, Alice would be from the same world as the Darlings, in that case, our world, in the past.

• I think the Darlings are in a fairy tale, just the part that doesn’t have magic

• Alia says:

The question is, how many “real” worlds are there? No one has explicitly said (yet) that the Darlings are from the same realm as Storybrooke. The same goes for Alice. There could be infinite realms, many of which could be similar to each other or to our own reality.

• The portal took Bae to a world without magic. There is no reason to think that it sent him anywhere else other than the real world. Just because Pan’s shadow can travel between Neverland and the real world it doesn’t mean that the real world has magic. Pan clearly can do something that Emma and Pinocchio did using the wardrobe, Regina did to everyone using the curse, and others like Snow, Hook, and Cora did using beans. He seems to have the innate ability to cross between the world of fantasy and the real world. That alone makes him more powerful than Cora, Regina, and Gold.

3. Taryn says:

COULSON LIVES!!!!

4. Mike says:

So is a SHIELD a procedural with a Marvel twist?, I’m not sure how I feel about that. Wonderland doesn’t look any more ridiculous than ONCE, who know maybe it can survive on Thursdays.

• Eli says:

Wonderland will flop. Canceled in January.

• Mitholas says:

It’ll probably have procedural elements and borrow from shows like X-Files, but with the Whedons helming it, I don’t think you can simplify it to a procedural with a Marvel twist. A Marvel show with a procedural twist is probably more accurate.

• Alan says:

shield is the x files in the marvel cinematic universe.

5. TV Critic says:

NCIS just got one major competition. Can S.H.I.E.L.D do to NCIS what Survivor did to Friends when it moved to Thursday nights?

One thing uncertain is will CBS react and move NCIS to a different timeslot?

The S.H.I.E.L.D should easily crush the Biggest Loser, the two new FOX comedies and whatever is on the CW.

6. Azerty says:

Both of these shows looks awsome. But there is something that I don’t understand, I thought Wonderland was supposed to air when the original Once would be on hiatus and so it would take Once’ slot on Sunday before Revenge. Why is it scheduled on Thursday then?

• the girl says:

Because they changed their mind and aren’t doing that anymore.

• Mike R. says:

Mainly because they changed their mind, but they are still splitting up the season of ONCE and Revenge anyway, I think it may of had something to do with not wanting Wonderland to have to go against the Olympics.

• Azerty says:

Ok thanks. So is still a 10 episodes serie or does it get a full season? Too bad, I thought the strategy to avoid the hiatus was a good idea.

7. Lisa says:

I am a big Once fan and was skeptical of the decision to make “Wonderland” it’s own series. This looks good and interesting. Is it possible the producers decided they had more material than the mini-series they had planned for Wonderland? Jane Espenson is a brilliant writer. What other writers are involved?

• gdv says:

I don’t get why one of the guys is wearing a (modern) leather jacket in the Alice pics.

• Alia says:

I think that character (the Knave of Hearts) has just come through a portal from Wonderland, which doesn’t seem to be constricted to Victorian dress styles.

8. Wouter says:

I thought this article was about the trailers…Anyone got any idea when the trailers for the new shows of ABC, the CW and CBS will appear?

9. dean says:

When are we going to see previews of the cable networks new shows?(Mainly USA)

10. Sheldon W. says:

The SHIELD trailer was the best of the entire presentation, but Resurrection, Wonderland, The Goldbergs and a few others showed more promise than I was expecting.

11. Kristen says:

So I guess The Queen of Hearts (Barbara Hershey) and the Mad Hatter (Sebastian Stan) won’t be in OUAT in Wonderland since they were only sent there by Regina a few years before the curse (the early 80s in the real world), and it seems like this takes place in the 1800s.

• Jason says:

Does time run the same in Wonderland and Storybrooke?

• Mikael says:

I know they said they wanted Barbara Hershey if the series got picked up. I really hope she joins the show. Time moves differently in different realms, so who knows when Cora showed up. I’d love to see how she rose to become the Queen of Hearts. They’ll probably bring her in to boost ratings during November sweeps.

12. Jason says:

WHat no Amy Acker?

13. Agent X says:

So, S.H.I.E.L.D. is like Marvel’s Torchwood?

14. Agent Y says:

I wonder if we’ll be seeing characters from the Marvel One-Shots.

15. Agent Z says:

I bet one of the main cast is going to die before the season ends.