Fall Preview: Watch Trailers for Wonderland, Super Fun Night and Other New ABC Series

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland ABC 2013Following in the footsteps of NBC and Fox, ABC on Tuesday gave viewers a glimpse at the new additions to its 2013-14 lineup, including the buzzy Once Upon a Time spin-off, a Super Fun Night with Rebel Wilson, an ’80s-set comedy with another Bridesmaids vet and many more.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

Set your sights on the Alphabet Network’s fresh offerings below, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments!

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with Clark Gregg, Ming-Na, Elizabeth Henstridge (airing Tuesdays at 8/7c)

The Goldbergs, with Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jeff Garlin and George Segal (Tuesdays at 9 pm)

Trophy Wife, with Malin Akerman, Bradley Whitford and Marcia Gay Harden (Tuesdays at 9:30 pm)

Lucky 7, with Matt Long, Isiah Whitlock Jr. and Stephen Louis Grush (Tuesdays at 10 pm)

Super Fun Night, with Rebel Wilson, Lauren Ash, Liza Lapira and Kelen Coleman (Wednesdays at 9:30 pm)

Back in the Game, with James Caan, Ben Koldyke and Maggie Lawson (Wednesdays at 8:30 pm)

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, with Sophie Lowe, Peter Gadiot and Michael Socha (Thursdays at 8 pm)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Betrayal, with James Cromwell, Henry Thomas, Hannah Ware and Stuart Townsend (Sundays at 10 pm)

And on the way at midseason…

Killer Women, with Tricia Helfer, Marc Blucas, Michael Trucco (TBD)

Mind Games, with Steve Zahn, Christian Slater, Megalyn Echikunwoke (TBD)

Mixology, with Sarah Bolger, Adan Canto, Vanessa Lengies (TBD)

Resurrection, with Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Devin Kelley (TBD)

1. Thank you, ABC, for not allowing non-US viewers to watch the trailers.

Because this blocking makes perfect sense. No, no one will download these videos and re-upload them so everybody can watch them.

• Shaun says:

should be able to see,they are from youtube….

• Chel says:

Youtube doesn’t automatically make it region free. ABC has blocked users from outside the US

• Delirious says:

Even if you’re kinda wrong, like Chei said… youtube user “theseat42f” uploaded all of them, in case anyone’s still interested. I was, since US networks seem to think we’re less than human, we being everything out of the US, from Canada, which is like their next-door neighbor, to Spain, where I am.
        And besides SHIELD and OUATW, the trailers kinda sold me The Goldbergs, Mind Games and Mixology – at least, to check out the pilots when they air. And Resurrection kinda disappointed me, I guess I was expecting something else, not so “small town drama”-ish. And probably, because I was expecting more than one case, due to the promo text saying “What happens when the people you have mourned and buried suddenly appear on your doorstep as if not a day’s gone by?” – making me think that it would be many stories of people returning, not just the one kid.

• Delirious says:

(besides SHIELD and OUATW, which I was already sold on the moment they were announced, being a Marvel & OUAT fan)

• Calvin says:

I guess this is ABC telling all non-US citizens to screw it and watch CBS instead…

• A says:

THIS!! I don’t get it. It’s like they don’t want to the show to attract international viewers or become popular outside the U.S.

• Tinemi says:

You just stole my words. Why no open it to all viewers? I mean, maybe in my country the series won’t run at the same time but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to see if they look watchable or not.

• Mellie says:

Yep, since no one outside of the US spends a ton of money on their merchandise and DVDs. Nope.

• Girl says:

Go to youtube and search for it :). I just watched it outside the US thanks to someone who uploaded the video to their account. I won’t post the link so they don’t cancel that account.

• B says:

It’s all licensing issues. Not really ABC’s fault.

• Miranda says:

And yet NBC and Fox’s previews were both viewable up here in Canada. You’d think they’d have gotten the licensing issues figured out by now.

• Troy says:

Especially since, you know, we get NBC, FOX, and ABC here. We aren’t across the world where these shows won’t air.

• Belle says:

It’s NOT ABC’s fault! It is a licensing thing – blame our government…they probably have a hand in it :( sorry to all the non-US residents If I could I’d create a “pirate TV” page just for you to watch stuff – but alas, I am not that smart or keen on going to jail.

2. ann says:

thanks, i cant watch them in my country

3. Lana says:

Once again, anyone outside of the States is a second class citizen. Because we never watch TV in Canada.

• Chel says:

No, we don’t. We can’t even get television up in our igloos. :/

• M3rc Nate says:

The copyright laws and regions are different, stop whining. Its not some big conspiracy to make you other countries feel smaller or less important.

• Lana says:

KMA…if we have access to the website, there should be a way to give us access to the videos. And you people make us feel small and less important all the time…like just now for instance.

• CA says:

Actually just because you have access to the website does not mean you should/would have access to copyrighted material that is not owned by the website. That is the decision made by the network in question NOT by TV Line. So instead of whining here, whine to ABC.

• Jenny says:

I’ve never been able to watch video from CTV (live in the US) even though I can get to their site so its not just the US networks that block other countries.

• DavidSask says:

ABC is selfish to not promote at very least their trailers on every option they can worldwide, it has nothing to do with copyright they made that ugly choice themselves. Not to mention outside territories have not even bid on the shows yet!!!!

• rowan77 says:

DavidSask, the network doesn’t own the show. The studio does. The network owns the right to air and promote the show for first run and one repeat per episode. ABC the network doesn’t sell the show overseas, the studio does. Sometimes they have the same parent company, sometimes not, but ABC the network does not have input into where the show goes overseas. I’m telling you this so you’ll know what your talking about from this point forward.

• lucy says:

Thank you!

• rowan77 says:

de nada

• DavidSask says:

I understand the networks don’t often produce their own product, my rant is more that the other networks post all their content on Hulu as they are part of that company or YouTube, ABC was not doing this. I am also from Canada not overseas so most if not all this content will air here somewhere!

4. Paolo says:

If anyone found links that work for us outside of the States, pliz… :(

5. the only one I can see is the SHIELD trailer.

6. lariet50 says:

“Trophy Wife” looks tragic, but I did like “What up, MILF?” “Shut up, toolbox.”

7. What does S.H.I.E.L.D stand for?

“Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division”

“Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate.”

“Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division”

Someone really wanted their name to spell SHIELD.

8. Esaul says:

Not feeling it for most of these. Resurrection, maybe. Betrayal, maybe. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., definitely. The rest is a bit of a meh.

9. Elyse says:

Mixology is going to be one night at a bar told over an entire season… um…… not so sure about that.

10. DavidSask says:

ABC lick my taint, love from Canada, change you YT restrictions or we won’t watch your f’n shows!!!

11. bigby_wolf says:

Holy cow! Once Upon a Time in Wonderland looks awesome!! Why do the special fx look better than what they use on Once proper?!?

• Because it’s a pilot? heh

• iMember says:

Not even Once Upon A Time’s special fx looked that sharp and crisp for its pilot.

• Is this video here all the material they produced? I thought it was edited down from a full length episode.

• rowan77 says:

Wonderland wasn’t a full pilot, it was a pilot presentation (usually half the length or shorter), but what you watched was the teaser trailer cut from the pilot presentation. Since it’s picked up now, they will shoot the rest of the pilot along with the series.

• lauren says:

And not even a pilot. A 4-minute “demo reel.”

• Mary says:

Actually some of the effects are from Once Upon a Time. They have scenes of Once’s Wondenrland episodes cut in – Hat Trick and The Queen of Hearts. And one scene from What Happened to Frederick (the mermaid scene is the Siren from that episode).

12. You can see the trailers in each show’s facebook page… :)

13. Mike R. says:

Wonderland actually looks great, I hope it can succeed on Thursdays.

14. david says:

ABC seemed to pick the shows this year. Except for mind games and killer woman which im predicting as failures. resurrection and betrayal is up in the air in my opinion

15. James says:

AOS looks like the only one worth watching, i’ll try Mind Games because it looks unique and i love the cast, but it doesn’t look like it can hold up the course of a season same for resurection. yet again the comedies look god aweful I don’t know whats going on but so far as a whole all the sit-coms look generic filled with recycled jokes, both for NBC and ABC, only one i like so far is the MJF one. hope cbs has more luck.

16. SHIELD looked good but not great. Won’t have to work for initial audience but how long can that group last. Will watch.

Will watch Trophy Wife because Bradley Whitford is in it.

Betrayal looks good with a potential to be great.

Killer Women looks awful. Three episodes before being shut down. Just bad.

Mind games feels like. . .snore. . .snore. . .snore. . .

Mixology. . . no. Just no. Please don’t explain how. . .NO! Awful. Bad. Come on ABC really? You cut Happy Endings for this? I don’t even watch Happy Endings but I know it is far better than this filth of a show.

Resurrection looks like one of these shows that will be decent, not great that ABC will cancel after one year and we will continually wonder what happened on the show. I will watch but I will be prepared for ABC to cancel it.

17. DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

Why does everyone in a country outside the US complain and either blame TVLINE or ABC for the fact that not all videos are available outside the US? Jeez, people. Patience is a virtue.

• Mellie says:

…Because we buy merchandise and DVDs from ABC/NBC/etc. and their shows are aired over on our channels, so why is it we have to wait for someone to rip the trailer and repost to their personal youtube channel to watch it?

• Mellie says:

And I haven’t seen anyone blame TVLine here, we’re all blaming ABC, which is completely fair.

• rowan77 says:

DoctorWhoFanatic! is right. Chill. When your country picks up the show for this fall or winter, you’ll get all the goodies we do in the US. The UK does this to us, too, you know. We have to wait months and months see Sherlock or Endeavour after they air in the UK. It’s a business they’re running. Just be patient and you’ll end up getting to see it.

• Mellie says:

Nope, we don’t get all the trailers on our networks that house these programs, since in Canada, the channels that pick up the programs? They lock into the US broadcast for the hour, and then when the hour is done, it flips back to the actual channel. At least with OUAT and a number of other ABC/NBC shows I watch.

Fox and CBS let me watch their trailers, why can’t ABC and NBC?

• Mellie says:

Plus, NBC cut a whole episode of Hannibal out of their schedule… Did they make it available to out of country viewers? Nope. Who cares if they watch our shows? They’re totally not going to buy any of the DVDs/merchandise.

• rowan77 says:

That’s pretty wild about OUAT. So you get our commercials, too? Huh. I wonder what the advertisers pay for the international status.

I don’t know exactly why two networks will let Canada see the teaser trailers and two won’t. Maybe ABC and NBC don’t have all their ducks on a row. Maybe they don’t like Canada. But, what’s not to like about Canada? As Stephen Colbert said, Canada is like America’s hat.

j/k

• Katie_M. says:

People are blaming ABC, because, in this case, it was ABC who decided to make the trailers, which they posted to the World-Wide Web, suitable for watching only on a national intranet, not the internet.
      Youtube is a “www.” site, not a “usa.” site, to attempt to clarify for those who don’t understand why such nationalising actions are not liked by the international community.

• DavidSask says:

• Delirious says:

Because it IS actually ABC’s fault, they’re the ones who decide if their videos are region-locked or not when they upload them. Also, not TVLine’s fault, they only link to ABC’s videos – so they don’t have a problem viewing them.

• dude says:

Because there’s no reason not to show them. I understand when it comes to Netflix or Hulu that there are rights issues but there’s no rights issue to posting a trailer (if there was, NBC and FOX wouldn’t make their trailers available worldwide). It’s annoying and that’s why people complain.

18. Lindsey says:

Resurrection looks really good

19. james says:

Resurrection look SO good. That preview gave me goosebumps. Mixology looks terrible (and I like most of those actors).

20. Mike R. says:

Am I crazy or did I hear Cobie Smulders voice is the the AOS trailer??

21. Missmurray says:

Is there a reason why every other video can be played but I need to update flash player for once upon a time in wonderland? Why?

22. pedro says:

Holy f*ck, Once in Wonderland looks better than OUAT!
    i totally see why they changed their minds about it being just a OUAT hiatues filler. hope it doesn’t crash in that timeslot tho

• LE says:

Agree it looks better!

• lucy says:

I still wanted a hiatus series so that I never had to deal with Once withdrawal. Sigh.

Although, after reading all these whining comments I feel like I should react differently:
      How inconsiderate of the studio to ignore their marketing and distribution plan and not design their entire roll out and scheduling around my petty wants and desires!!!!!!!

23. the girl says:

I am IN on Resurrection. Wow ABC, just wow.
    I will probably watch Betrayal since it comes on right after Revenge anyway, why not make a night of it. And I was intrigued by seeing Sofia Vergara as EP on Killer Women but I doubt that I’ll watch it regularly. I’m not really into cop shows.

24. Janet says:

All the links work fine for me in the UK…. Is it fixed for everyone now?

25. Laura says:

I wanted to like “Trophy Wife” because I like Bradley Whitford, but I don’t know…that preview wasn’t too enticing.

26. Oh wow, I teared up a little while watching the S.H.I.E.L.D. trailer. Lol. I am so excited!

27. Stephanie says:

Welcome to level 7!!! WHAT IS AIR!!

28. M3rc Nate says:

SHIELD: I dont know. I think it will be a hit because of the Avengers, but every actor but Ming-Na and Clark Gregg are unknowns to me. So they could either be amazing and have deep characters i care about, or they could be average and it feel like a D list comic book hero team. Something Heroes and Mutant-X did right was really connecting you to the characters, and their inter-relationships. Hopefully SHIELD does too.
    The Goldbergs: Media wasnt playable.
    Trophy Wife: I dont think it will last long. The title, along with a husband with older ex wives and a new blonde hot young ex wife? Doesnt seem like a lot of the Country (US) is into that, and also it didnt seem very funny. I think it will hang in for a season then get cancelled.
    Lucky 7: Media wasnt playable.
    Super Fun Night: Media wasnt playable
    Back in the Game: Media wasnt playable
    OUAT-IW: It will be a hit success just from the built in OUAT audience. It looks pretty good to me, though fairy tales arent my cup of tea, especially Alice in Wonderland. I’ll probably pass but it will be a hit.
    Betrayal: Its hard to say, considering the success of Revenge and Scandal and The Good Wife, it will either be a success on par with those, or it will be seen as a rip off and get cancelled once through its first season (aka not get picked up for a second). Personally i find the cheating shows like Betrayal disgusting, especially when they portray a bad marriage as a guy that works hard to provide for his wife/family and isnt a mega romantic and sweet heart, and somehow thats a valid excuse for her to bang a guy after meeting him a few times and offering her his coat…let alone shes a mother, its disgusting.
    Killer Women: I see it getting cancelled between episode 3-6 or possibly lasting just one season. I love Tricia Helfer and she totally deservers her own TV show, but this needy to be gritty not colorful and…not serious. She’s way to gorgeous and smokin hot to be taken seriously as a T-Ranger if the show isnt real like Southland or the previous show she was on and was amazing in, Dark Blue. I was impressed by nothing shown in the trailer, the coloring, the acting, the dialog, the shooting, nothing.
    Mind Games: It looks unique enough it could be successful for like 2-3 seasons. But it doesnt interest me in the slightest. If i was going to watch something like this id just watch Franklin and Bash.
    Mixology: It actually intrigues me. It made me laugh and the idea that one night is all in one season, seems pretty cool. However the waitress ruined some of it for me, considering her character seems SO dim and in the quick cuts you see her banging the guy who she had dumped and he obviously was seeing other women considering the multiple name mix up. What hooked me was the main guy (who was dumped) and his talking to the woman at the bar. That interaction and conversation was great and i really like the idea of them in this one night going from “your a whiney b*tch” to leaving the bar together in the finale and really really really into each other.
    Resurrection: I dont know. If this was going in the direction of some big mystery and cloning then i’d say cool, but this trailer seems to be pushing more of the god/religion angle. I dont know if this will intrigue or offend the large majority of viewers (in the center of the US) that are Christian/religious. I might watch a few episodes.

• M3rc Nate says:

Of the ones i missed, they were all blah and probably wont last long except Back in the Game, it looked like it had Heart and quirk and potential.

29. Meee says:

Agents of Shield and Once Upon! More excited for Agents of SHIELD!!1

30. jalahyacinth says:

So much better than the trailers I’ve seen for the other networks. I could actually make it through these! Except for the one set in the 80s (whose name I’ve already forgotten…) OUAT Wonderland looks AWESOME!

31. Laura says:

have no idea what Lucky 7 is about from that trailer. Otherwise, I thought this was a more promising batch of new shows than the other networks. I’m in for Agents of SHIELD & Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I will also try Back in the Game, The Goldbergs, KIller Women, Resurrection and Super Fun Night. Resurrection looks good, but sad, and I’m not sure I can handle that theme every week.

Mixology looks kind of bad. I don’t understand that as a full season show. I love the actors on Betrayal (one is from a commercial, I think), but I don’t want to watch a show about an affair. And the two women look alike.

32. Bobby says:

S.H.I.E.L.D., Lucky 7, Resurrection and Super Fun Night have my viewing automatically. Not sure about the others yet.

33. ggny says:

Mixology makes me sad that Sugar wont be back on Glee. They could have did so much more with the uber talented Vanessa Lengies but they decided for some strange reason to make her a backround character

34. Come on, TVLine. You had a OUATW video that played everywhere. Why did you change it?

35. Allyson says:

I am interested in seeing Back in the Game. That looks like a promising show for ABC.

36. Tedi says:

Non US individuals should be allowed the same access. #annoyed

37. LE says:

So basically Super Fun Night trailer says.. Remember when she was on Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect.. keep that memory because this sucks but we want Rebel Wilson and we can’t let her go…

38. charissa29 says:

So, I’m all about SHIELD. I will watch anything that Joss Whedon does, even the Much Ado About Nothing movie he made with Angel actors. sigh, but I trust him so I will watch it. Really looking forward to Shield and sort of to the Once Upon a time Wonderland series, hopefully they will be excellent. It would be nice to have something excellent to watch next year.

39. OUAT Fan says:

I will be watching ‘once upon a time’, shield and maybe wonderland…if we get Cora and Regina popping up once in a while.

• Ben says:

It actually has been stated that both Regina and Cora will be popping up. Obviously Cora would since she is the Queen of Hearts.

40. anil says:

Intrigued by Betrayal….cause it kinda reminds me of ‘unfaithful’ (the movie with Diane Lee). It does look basic and i could see it getting canned…it has the ‘death time slot’. But im def checking it out.

41. Patricia De Souza says:

Abc always has the best promos. Betrayal looks very sexy it reminded me of unfaithful too, count me in. Wonderland looks really good and Agents of shield. Those 3 for me. But trophy wife, super fun night and mixology looked really funny I might check it out if I have any free time left

42. dude says:

Wow Betrayal looks awful. He didn’t like her tie!!! He didn’t have time for a coffee!!! Worst. Husband. Ever. Cheat away, that monster has it coming.

• Ewa says:

but the other guy LITERALLY finishes her sentences! If that doesn’t make for a true lurv forevah, I don’t know what does… (I bet he watches her when she sleeps, too)

43. Maggie says:

I might actually watch Back in the Game for Griffin Gluck (aka Mason from Private Practice) he’s awesome!

44. Jared says:

Out of all the trailers I’ve seen so far ABCs look the most promising..especially there comedies. I doubt I’d watch a OUAT spinoff next season but that even looked pretty good. Shield looks amazing and im not usually into superhero stuff. That’s definitely a must see.

45. Teag says:

Certain to like: SHIELD, Resurrection.

Will try out: Goldbergs, Super Fun Night, Killer Women, Mixology

The rest don’t appeal to me.

46. Lena says:

Mind Games is just Leverage rewritten, I doubt it will last though. Poor Christian Slater he just can’t seem to find a show that lasts. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland looks AMAZING I’ve so been looking forward to this and the preview was beyond my expectations.

47. JT says:

Can’t wait to see S.H.I.E.L.D. and Alice in Wonderland. I’ll also check Back In The Game because of Maggie Lawson.

48. Rachel says:

Really excited to watch Back in the Game! Maggie Lawson looks great in it, nice fit for her, though I hope she can continue Psych if they go beyond season 8!

49. jenn says:

Really hate to use it, but unblock youtube proxy will let you fellow Canadians (and everyone outside of the US) watch the trailers. You’re welcome!

50. ABC says:

How the hell is Mixology going to work??? Unless it’s going to be like a 13 ep season.

• Zach says:

That’s why it’s at midseason. But it could work over the course of an 8 hour long night. The other kind of 9 to 5, with people having a crazy night.