Fall TV Preview

ABC Fall Schedule Revealed: S.H.I.E.L.D. Targets Tuesday, Once Spin-Off Lands on Thursday, DWTS Downsized, Suburgatory MIA

ABC Fall Schedule 2013ABC is the third broadcast network to unveil its 2013-14 schedule and the big news is that Joss Whedon’s much-hyped Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has landed on Tuesdays, where it will kick off an all-new lineup.

Also of note: The spin-off Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, which was originally envisioned to bridge the gap between Once Upon a Time‘s fall and spring runs, will air Thursdays at 8/7c, running concurrently with the original series.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

In a conference call with reporters, ABC president Paul Lee said Once‘s third season will still be divided into two distinct 12-episode batches, a strategy he plans to extend to Revenge and Scandal, as well. Limited series, like the new reality adventure The Quest, will be brought in to fill various winter voids.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013: What’s on When? And Versus What?

Elsewhere, Dancing With the Stars’ traditional Tuesday results edition will be folded into Monday’s performance show, Rebel Wilson’s Super Fun Night has landed the coveted post-Modern Family slot on Wednesdays, The Neighbors have found a new home on Fridays (following Last Man Standing) and Suburgatory is MIA.

Lee, meanwhile, said Happy Endings was cancelled because it’s appeal was just too “narrow.” (For what it’s worth, he said it was a “very hard” decision to make.)

On tap for midseason, in addition to Suburgatory: The new dramas Killer Women, Mind Games, Mixology and Resurrection.

RELATED | Complete 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning?

All told, the ABC schedule looks like this. (New shows are in CAPS, click for details.)

MONDAY

8 pm Saturday Night College Football

SUNDAY

America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 pm Once Upon a Time

9 pm Revenge
10 pm BETRAYAL

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: 666 Park Avenue, Body of ProofDon’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23, Family Tools, Happy Endings, How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life), Last Resort, Malibu Country, Private Practice, Red Widow and Zero Hour

Comments (215)

• And The Neighbors has been moved to die like Happy Endings did? Sigh.

Comment by Disappointed – May 14, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Something has to air there

Comment by JEs – May 14, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least it’s still around–The Neighbors really grew on me, and I’m just happy I still get to watch it! I’ll be DVR-ing it, as well as Shark Tank–LOVE that show!

Comment by Kim – May 14, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me, too. I hated it when it started, and I loved it by the end of the season!

Comment by TV Gord – May 14, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The Neighbors totally hooked us after they did a marathon on Disney channel. Hilarious by season’s end. Glad we can watch as a family on Fridays!

Comment by jax – May 14, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s definitely a funny show, and reminds me of good old TGIF

Comment by Disappointed – May 14, 2013 11:34 AM PDT
        • Really!! I thought that first episode was awful! But it got good huh? It seems like something I’d like!! Maybe I’ll have to try a few episodes.

Comment by Jason – May 14, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, it’s smart. They need family programming on Friday because CBS dominates with programing for grown-ups on Friday Night. Reba’s show was supposed to be a family show, but really it was for the 50+ set, so it tanked. They needed to focus on the kids stories more.

Comment by rowan77 – May 14, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m ok with it! I actually have that hour free on my schedule before Grimm comes on at 9! This year I DON’T have to DVR The Neighbors!

Comment by Drizz – May 14, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, I don’t think so. The Neighbors is a good family show. It reminds me of the old TGIF type shows…something you can watch with your kids…so I think The Neighbors on Friday nights might work well.

Comment by Ann – May 14, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I think it’s good news. Friday expectations are lower, and if The Neighbors can keep its audience it should be pretty safe on Fridays.

Comment by theduck – May 14, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Strange Decision to put comedies on after Agents of Shield

Comment by ggny – May 14, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I think it should go Agents of SHIELD and then Wonderland. I don’t watch anything on Tuesdays so I’m excited for SHIELD. I really wish Wonderland was there too, because Thursdays is tough competition, in general and on my DVR.

Comment by Mikael – May 14, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wonderland is going to be eviscerated. When was the last time ABC launched a successful show Thursdays at 8? I know it’s been a few years, at least. TBBT, Vampire Diaries, X-Factor/Idol (losing legs, but still a thing). Nothing has worked there for them in a while, and I don’t think Wonderland will be the first.

Comment by Lola – May 14, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree Wonderland vs Vampire Diaries isn’t going to be pretty. I don’t see why they just didn’t move Revenge to 10 and then OUAT and Wonderland at 8 and 9.

Comment by Kristen Thornton – May 14, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” against “NCIS”? Frustrating!!!! Thank goodness for DVR and On Demand…

Comment by Ashley – May 14, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only old people will choose NCIS over SHIELD.

Comment by Eli – May 14, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m sorry, but I am NOT old, and I love NCIS!

Comment by Kim – May 14, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m in my 20s and I watch NCIS so that wins for me.

Comment by Jena – May 14, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And, ya know, 20-somethings who aren’t all that into comics.

Comment by Sarah Dallosto (@myownlittlecrnr) – May 14, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hate comics but i’m not 70 so Shield wins.

Comment by Joe – May 14, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought the minimum viewing age on that show was 50…?

Comment by rawley – May 14, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Check current demographics, Eli. There are more of us “old people” than youngsters! ; )

Comment by Alisa Beatty – May 14, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And older viewers are a lot less valuable than younger ones, so you can stop bragging now.

Comment by Chris – May 14, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Again, based on demographics, the paradigm of valuing under 50s will have to change, albeit slowly. Too much $ in that market to keep being dismissed.

Comment by Alisa Beatty – May 14, 2013 01:28 PM PDT
          • Given that older people are a greater segment of the population and have more disposable income, I fail to understand why it’s not a more valued audience to advertisers. Now you kids get off my lawn…

Comment by theduck – May 14, 2013 07:32 PM PDT
          • @chris the value you speak of is but a fantasy you have been fed and swallowed. The decision making is in the hands of those with experience who tease you with a bone thrown here and there which you run after like the trained little fellow you are.

Comment by ron – May 15, 2013 04:27 AM PDT
      • I’m 32. I guess that makes me ‘old.’ I was afraid that they were going to put SHIELD up against NCIS and looks like I was right. Well, I will be watching NCIS live and SHIELD on the DVR right after. After watching NCIS for so many seasons, there isn’t anything that’s going to supplant my loyalty for live viewing. Thank goodness for DVRs!

Comment by Karen – May 14, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes!!! what a risky choice for abc, but NCIS will always come first

Comment by Lorena – May 14, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am no old and I will choose NCIS over SHIELD.

Comment by Gina – May 14, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This 45 Year old will be watching SHIELD. No interst in fuddy-duddy NCIS.

Comment by Drizz – May 14, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes. I know I look forward to the nursing staff rolling me out to the big room with the moving picture box so I can watch NCIS every Tuesday night. ;)

Comment by Kim R – May 14, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I choose both…,I’ll watch one and DVR the other. I guess it depends on your definition of “old” though. Maybe…old enough to not insult people online?

Comment by Maria – May 14, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t watch anything live. I just DVR everything that looks interesting and watch it later. If it is a new show, I’ll wait a few weeks until I see the ratings, and if it is destined to be cancelled, I don’t bother.

Comment by Sg. Grant – May 14, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You miss a lot of good content that way!! I’d rather watch a show destined to be cancelled like arrested Development then 112 hours of NCIS!!

Comment by Jason – May 14, 2013 06:13 PM PDT
      • Guess I’m old before I’m even 30 then… NCIS first, SHIELD after.

Comment by jalahyacinth – May 14, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, that “old” people myth never seems to die, does it? Check those 18-49 ratings for NCIS. We’ll wait.

Comment by June – May 14, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The vast majority of those 18-49 viewers are likely much, much closer to 49 than 18.

Comment by Superhero – May 14, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And?…

Comment by Maria – May 14, 2013 10:00 AM PDT
          • And your point is? Oh, and you might want to check tumblr and twitter…..a lot of young folks use those social media for their NCIS stuff. :)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – May 14, 2013 11:43 AM PDT
        • Not just the ratings, but given all the Tiva shippers and comments on message boards, I highly doubt “old people” are fighting over why Tony should be with Ziva and the like.

Comment by Jerri – May 14, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve noticed that it’s not just for NCIS; it’s, for the most part, CBS as a whole. However, I know just as many young people as I do “old” people who watch other CBS shows, namely The Big Bang Theory. My entire family likes that show and my youngest sibling is 22. Doesn’t sound old to me :)

Comment by Sarah Dallosto (@myownlittlecrnr) – May 15, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m 23 and I love NCIS. I can’t say I would pick watching NCIS live over SHEILD but I would definitely pick watching Pretty Little Liars live over both of those shows.

Comment by Elyse – May 14, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I couldn’t agree more, the first thought I had was damn they had to put SHIELD on Tuesdays, I hope it doesn’t interfere with Pretty Little Liars.

Comment by Dee – May 14, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Myself (22), and my brothers/cousins all younger than me watch NCIS. It’s a social gathering for us. We’d pick this over SHIELD any day.

Comment by Esaul – May 14, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love NCIS too, and I’m not even 30. but I will be watching Agents of SHIELD as well as I am a fan of Joss Whedon’s work & the Marvel Universe.

Comment by Jerri – May 14, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed with you. Procedurals are the worst. If I wanted to fall into a coma I’d watch one.

Comment by Teag – May 14, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 48 and plan on watching the shield ….

Comment by Joe – May 14, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 51, and I’d watch both (S.H.I.E.L.D live and NCIS recorded).

Comment by TV Gord – May 14, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m 24 and I love NCIS. I’ve been watching it since the second season even – so as 15 I was still old, I guess?

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – May 14, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not old either….in my 40s with a 11 year old son who loves to watch NCIS with me! :)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – May 14, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t know being in my 20s is old.

Comment by Mangochic – May 14, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I would pick NCIS over SHIELD and catch the latter on Demand or DVR.

Comment by Mangochic – May 14, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Just stick with NCIS. We “old” 40′s and our 25 yr old daughter watch it. SHIELD will be cancelled before Christmas, or at least moved.
            On another point “Last Man Standing” used to be a show we watched, until the 14 year old daughter became the one with the filthiest mouth.

Comment by Dave – May 15, 2013 10:42 AM PDT
          • Sorry, 15 year old daughter, not 25.

Comment by Dave – May 15, 2013 10:43 AM PDT
      • @eli That’s because we have acquired good taste in our viewing, unlike the “young” who go with the breeze because they have not.

Comment by ron – May 15, 2013 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just happy it’s not at the 10 pm spot. My DVR already screams with all the good shows on Tuesdays at 10 pm.

Comment by Todd – May 14, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it! I KNEW the neighbors would be paired with LMS on fridays. but I wanted the goldbergs on weds

Comment by Marcos – May 14, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesday and Wednesday is gonna be ABC night all night long for me.

Comment by Eli – May 14, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big mistake to run Once in Wonderland concurrently with Once. I like the idea of the miniseries American Horrpr Story gap. That would allow them to do a new one every year. (Once Upon a Time in Neverland, Once Upon a Time in Oz, etc.)

Comment by Rob – May 14, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This.

Comment by samantha schoenfeld (@samschoenfeld) – May 14, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Absolutely. I thought that would be a fantastic idea. My guess is that ABC lacked a good drama to put on their big night, Thursday, so they went this way. That’s why they didn’t plan on doing this originally. I think it will take some of the special out of the original by airing it at the same time.

Comment by Stacie – May 14, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This.

Comment by jax – May 14, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh dont worry Once Upon a Time in Oz will be on next year schedule

Comment by ggny – May 14, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I was under the impression that it would lead to less breaks with Once Upon a Time’s season because they would have a longer hiatus due to the spinoff. The one week on with two weeks off thing is not fun. Plus, with them both airing at the same time, I’m not sure how the writers can give equal time to both,

Comment by Addie – May 14, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They will be doing Once Upon a Time in 2 batches of 12 episodes, so there should be less of that 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off nonsense.

Comment by madhatter360 – May 14, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ll believe it when i see it. ABC have said and done this in the past and still scheduled stupidly.

Comment by greysfan – May 14, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I liked the original “hiatus” idea, too. Looks like they are trying to find something to give battle to Big Bang Theory… it’s not gonna work. Will just DVR it.

Comment by Drizz – May 14, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • completely agree Rob!!!

Comment by Elyse – May 14, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey- that’s right. This was supposed to be a shorter series that ran during the breaks. I though that was a great idea. Why put it in Thursday of all nights!

Comment by lucy – May 14, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked that it would tide us over until Once returned from its hiatus. It seems they’re still breaking Once into two halves, but now there’s nothing to air in between! ABC either had a slot to fill or they’re confident that Wonderland will do well. I hope this means Barbara Hershey will be returning! And “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” is way too long.

Comment by Mikael – May 14, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it is better to put a reality show during the hiatus, so it won’t hurt either show, putting Wonderland in the death slot may just be crazy enough to work.

Comment by Mike – May 14, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, ABC taking a shot at NCIS with SHIELD.

Comment by Cookie – May 14, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The once spinoff sounded far better as a bridge to gap the season rather than the Thursday ABC death Spot. This is going to come back and bite them

Comment by Joel – May 14, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is only intended for the short term anyway (with the wonderland part at least) so no big deal. It may affect the future anthology like spinoffs though. Agian though, something has to air in that spot.

Comment by JEs – May 14, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IF NCIS does remain in that timeslot. Keep in mind everyone that CBS has yet to announce their schedule and of all the nets they have been the most tight-lipped about their upfronts.

Comment by Ally Oop – May 14, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I doubt NCIS will move from Tuesdays, it’s been in that slot for a decade now if I’m not mistaken. Why would they move it to another day?

Comment by Jerri – May 14, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought OUAT wonderland would be at OUAT timeslot when it was on hiatus midseason

Comment by Marcos – May 14, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn it, ABC! As a bridge between half-seasons, the Wonderland spin-off is a brilliant idea that would allow for fewer hiatuses and gaps after the Christmas break, while keeping the Once brand on the air all season long. But putting it on concurrently front-loads the season, again leaving it completely choppy post-Christmas, not to mention potentially over-inundating the audience. Best case scenario: it goes perfectly and it increases viewer interest in Once. But it could also make everything much worse.

Comment by Will – May 14, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best time for SHIELD. I’ve nothing to watch on Tuesdays anyway. Hope OUAT in Wonderland does well even though I don’t watch OUAT. I love me some Alice.

Comment by GK – May 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the comedies should have been at the 8 o clock hour, SHIELD at 9.

Comment by Drizz – May 14, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to great Friday nights with Dallas and Falcon Crest, etc??? Aren’t people exhausted after a full work week? Don’t they just want to veg and enjoy some tv? Only thing I see interesting on Friday is “Last Man Standing”…..

Comment by PLP – May 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A lot of people like to go out on friday nights.

Comment by AJ – May 14, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blue Bloods rules on Friday… I also enjoyed Fringe when it was on….

Comment by drhenning – May 14, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watch Grimm on fridays, it feels right there.

Comment by Drizz – May 14, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m kind of sad that Suburgatory is not on the schedule but.. I’m sure it will return sooner rather than later because at least one comedy has to fail.

I’m surprised they are still trying for a comedy block on tuesdays.. but this might work out with SHIELD as a lead in, at least the show ratings should be huge in their first episodes.

Comment by LE – May 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked the idea of ‘OUaT in Wonderland’ airing during OUaT’s winter break. So is it going to be a full 22-episode season? Or will it end at midseason and open the timeslot up for one of those midseason dramas?

Comment by David – May 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was envisioned as a 12 episode miniseries, but if it performs well I would not be surprised if ABC wanted to extend it to the full 22 and start pushing for more seasons.

Comment by Warren – May 14, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think if it’s successful, they wont extend its season but rather it could open up the possibility of more miniseries such as OUAT in Neverland, OUAT in Oz, OUAT in Sherwood Forest, OUAT Under the Sea (Little Mermaid), OUAT in Agrabah…….the list could go on!

Comment by A – May 14, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD vs. NCIS? ABC, that’s not a very nice risk to take :/ I’ll be watching NCIS, and SHIELD the next day :P

Comment by Alyssa – May 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they are holding Suburgatory so that Malin Ackerman can be in both Trophy Wife and Suburgatory?

Comment by samantha schoenfeld (@samschoenfeld) – May 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it. She’ll probably only make 1 or 2 more appearances on Suburgatory. Alex is such an unlikable character.

Comment by Zach – May 14, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings isn’t under the “Not returning next season” section. Does TV Line or even USA Network know something we don’t?

Comment by Kalee – May 14, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This has been fixed.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 14, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto Body of Proof.

Comment by MelindaB – May 14, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad they didn’t move Nashville (now I can watch both Chicago Fire and Nashville live and stop worrying about them being on at the same time…I’m a DVR-less household) and it seems like most of the other shows I watch didn’t move at all. I’m not sure how Once: Wonderland will do in that Thursday 8 PM death slot but I’m going to give it a chance and see what happens. Hopefully they fix all the annoying scheduling gaps that happened for OUAT and Revenge this year so their ratings don’t go in the toilet again next season! =P

Comment by HeatherC – May 14, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Wonder if ABC was going to move it until they found out NBC moved Chicago Fire. NBC did Nashville huge favor

Comment by Boiler – May 14, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS downsized is the best news ever. Way to much fluff that no one cares about.

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 14, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unlike So You Think You Can Dance – which I think has handled the one-night thing in a manner that makes for less suspense and interest, I think the one-night thing could work well for DWTS. Hopefully, they will correct SYTYCD’s mistake and do the elimination BEFORE the eliminated dancer performs. While I suppose kind of a pain to prep as though you might be competing and then not at the last minute, the judges’ inability to disguise the elimination in their comments was so annoying last season on SYTYCD. They can always allow them a goodbye performance and then send them off both nicely and dramatically without having to save it for the end of the show.

Comment by Beanergirl – May 14, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s disappointing that Suburgatory was left off the schedule. That show is so underrated!

Comment by Josh Emerson – May 14, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! ABC doesn’t give it enough credit.

Comment by Sarah Dallosto (@myownlittlecrnr) – May 14, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Subergatory will be getting the The Happy Endings Treatment also known as the cougar town treatment , enjoy while u can guys ….

Comment by Joe – May 14, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m afraid you might be right… so sad.

Comment by Drizz – May 14, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally only one night of DWTS- they should have done that long ago.

Comment by Suzanne Kari (@suzank45) – May 14, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am confused as to how the results show can be on the same night or did I misunderstand that?

Comment by Kim R – May 14, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They air the first episode with no results since there was nothing to vote on, then the next episode and results from last week. What’s the confusion?

Comment by Snoangel – May 14, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They don’t need an hour for the results 99 % of the results is pure filler

Comment by Joe – May 14, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How stupid can ABC be? Wonderland was a brilliant idea to bridge a 12-week gap in mother ship Once so that there wouldn’t be any breaks in each half of the show. The smart thig to do would have been to relocate Once to Thursdays at 8, take 11 weeks on, then put in Wonderland, and then be back on for another 11 weeks afterwords (I did the math and it works out, there’s enough time between late September and mid march to accommodate both series). However, this way solves nothing- Once is still going to have allllll those stupid breaks that ruined this season.

My other qualm about the schedule is leaving Nashville where it is instead of putting it behind Revenge on Sundays.

Comment by Warren – May 14, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The idea to air Wonderland at the same time as OUaT is just stupid. It was a neat idea for the hiatus, but now they’re going to be overdosing the audience on fairy tales.

Weird part is, I might end up choosing to watch Wonderland and drop the original. Season 2 was pretty lame.

SHIELD… normally, I’m a comic book geek who would be really interested in something like this. But Joss Whedon hasn’t done anything worthwhile since Firefly (even the last season of Buffy was a mess).

Comment by Drew – May 14, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RE: Joss– uh, did you not see The Avengers or…?

Comment by Emily – May 14, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah. The Avengers was lame. Pretty much the entire plot could have been avoided if the good guys weren’t idiots. It was like watching an episode of The Following.

The problem was, they had a bunch of ideas for really cool action sequences and then tried to justify them in the plot. But that really never works.

Comment by Drew – May 14, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Clearly you’ve never seen Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog…

Comment by jc – May 14, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup. Have. Didn’t like it.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not someone who is out to hate Whedon. I was a huge Buffy fan and I love Firefly. I think that he had a lot of talent. Then he lost it. “Dollhouse”, “Cabin in the Woods”, “The Avengers”, “Angel”… all crap. The Buffy comics too. He either let the ego get in the way of his talent, or some switch flipped in his head. Because he went from being someone who had an amazing talent for creating characters and planning story arcs, to someone who doesn’t seem to have any ear for the story anymore.

Comment by Drew – May 14, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least I don’t have to worry about Once, Grey’s, Scandal, or Revenge going to different times/nights

Comment by tvaddict – May 14, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does that mean OUAT in Wonderland will potentially have more than the limited number of episodes per season mentioned before (and therefore, not necessarily a story with beginning, middle and end)? Can’t say I’m a fan of that!

Comment by JL – May 14, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So freaken excited for agents.of shield

Comment by m – May 14, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Wonderland and Once Original airing at the same time seems a little much. Their original hiatus idea was great. This? I’m thinking they shouldn’t have second guessed themselves.

Comment by Brooke – May 14, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well they canceled 3 shows that I watched put on maybe one show that I will most likely watch ( shield ) my a abc viewing just dropped 2 hours , ill guess ill check out the other networks on the nights my old shows aired ABC u suck

Comment by Joe – May 14, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC is starting to make NBC sized scheduling errors.

Comment by Joel – May 14, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually think NBC is doing better with their scheduling than ABC, and I hate admitting that.

Comment by lll – May 14, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only see 2 shows to watch and both on Monday mid season shows look ok

Comment by Shib Neddeff – May 14, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish Mind Games was going to be on in the fall, hope it’s worth the wait.

Little surprised about tuesdays at 8 and followed by comedies for Shield, But I’ll take Shield wherever they put it!

Comment by DreamRose311 – May 14, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really, ABC cancels Malibu Country to put the The Neighbors in its place, really ABC!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – May 14, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this is foolish! ABC needs to get it together. Revenge and Betrayal sound very similar and they should have done the hiatus thing with those two as well as both Once Upon A Time and the spin-off. That spot after Revenge could have gone to Nashville. There are four dramas left for midseason when that definitely is not necessary. Scandal was 7 episodes and people starting to like it, so it got the 22. These shows should do the same until they get an audience. ABC ruined several chances with this schedule.

Killer Women or Resurrected should have had the Tuesday at 8 spot. I get that SHIELD is a huge deal and I am going to watch it, but putting it up against NCIS is stupid.

Comment by Sam – May 14, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoo! So excited for Agents of Shield. My parents watch NCIS, but they have a DVR. And I wonder if they would be as excited as I am about the show. I watch Hart of Dixie, not sure if CW is moving it or not. Either way, I will be watching both. Maybe I will I have a DVR by then or I will do the Hulu Plus thing again. If Agents of Shield is as awesome as I think it should be, I will be watching it live.

Comment by WingsStef – May 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once again, for me, the only night for ABC is Monday.

Comment by BWC – May 14, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Monday night is my night also.
      I am a fan of Once.
      But an even bigger fan of Castle.
      SAC

Comment by shirley – May 14, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they must be banking on AOS and their established shows because honestly these all look like NBC shows not one looks even half-way descent IMO, and why in the name of all that is holy are they running Wonderland concurrently with OUAT i understand some over lap to hook the viewers and help them transition over but both shows running the course at the same time I do not understand. luckily i still have Castle,OUAT and Modern Family to watch, AOS looks freaking sweet so i’m not that bummed out.

Comment by James – May 14, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS finally losing big time steam. Good! The judging panel is boring, same old nonsense (emphasis on OLD) “celebrities” are lame and the process is painstaking to get to the 2 contestants they can dig up that can really dance. It really deserves to be completely put out of it’s own misery. And BTW, before people go off on my opinion, I used to be a fan, but I never signed a “til death do us part” agreement.

Comment by RalphE – May 14, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge should be broadcast after Betrayal. It would make more sense ;).

Comment by Goku – May 14, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They gave the Once spinoff the Thursday ABC death slot? great. I liked the idea of the Once spinoff airing while the original Once is on hiatus.

Comment by Elyse – May 14, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with many posters. ABC is stupid to put the Once spin off where thay did instead of using as a bridge for Once. I don’t see anything on this schedule that will do anywhere near as good as Body of Proof, Malibu Country and Suburgatory. Think this Paul Lee guy sort of an idiot. Its sort of amazing they still have as many good shows as they do

Comment by Boiler – May 14, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, Paul Lee has a mental problem. He greenlit Work It! But Suburgatory isn’t cancelled. It will be back at midseason.

Comment by Zach – May 14, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is “Once Upon a Time in…” still going to be an anthology series with 13 episodes each season or is it going to be another full-fledged 22-ep a season series like the mothership? Will they do multiple seasons in Wonderland or will the series change each season like they originally intended? I’m confused.

Comment by Dan R. – May 14, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a pretty stable lineup, compared to this current season. Only The Neighbors has moved to a new day and time.

Comment by TV Gord – May 14, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This schedule could be worse, the only show other than shield that had potential in the Thursday death slot is ONCE in Wonderland, hope it works out well for them, and I’m very happy where they put SHIELD.

Comment by Mike R. – May 14, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me thinks SHIELD will be DVRd ALOT, putting it against NCIS was just a horrible spot. Trying to take down #1 with a new show, even with it’s pedigree, isn’t typically a great idea. And I have a feeling that many of the shield fans will also be NCIS fans (I’m one, actually, I’m a carry-over from JAG… Never did get into NCIS LA, wouldn’t mind if shield was against it.

Comment by Alex – May 14, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aside from SHIELD, the only two new dramas I was looking forward to on ABC were Mind Games and Resurrection. I guess I’ma have to wait a bit! Hopefully this is third time lucky for Kyle Killen.

Comment by Dizzle – May 14, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC never fails to surprise me. Shield on Tuesdays at 8pm against NCIS? That is a crazy move but could pay off. IMO it probably would have been better off at 9pm. Disappointed that ABC abandoned plans to air Wonderland as a Once mid-season limited series and put it where they have. Thursdays at 8pm is the ABC death slot. Could this show be the one to stop that? I don’t know.

Surprised Revenge gets to keep its 9pm Sunday timeslot too. I really thought Shield would go behind Once. What ABC have to do is not have a repeat of what happened this season and schedule stupid with Sunday’s lineup. That is what hurt both Revenge and Once.

Comment by greysfan – May 14, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As said, ABC is doing two 12-episode batches for Revenge, Once, and Scandal. So we won’t have those interruptions anymore.

Comment by iMember – May 14, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When i typed that post, there wasn’t that information. It will be then it will work out better for all shows. ABC please don’t screw this up.

Comment by greysfan – May 14, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD on Tuesdays at 8? It’ll be gone like No Ordinary Family was in that same timeslot.

Comment by steven – May 14, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS change isn’t all that shocking. That’s how the first season worked.

Comment by Amanda – May 14, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would put The Middle & Modern Family back-to-back on Wednesdays. They’re the only ones I watch = \ .

Comment by Courtney – May 14, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking forward to Venice.
    Man I am not having luck with the shows I wanted to get picked up this fall!
    Of the shows I wanted to check out most are going to be mid season.
    I will check out Betrayal from the list above.

Comment by sarah – May 14, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw the Venice pilot for a survey and thought it was awful. It’s the sort of show I usually like, but it was crap!

Comment by Chris – May 14, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A reality series instead of OUAT for part of the season and the spinoff on another day? Who came up with that absolutely brilliant idea? /sarcasm

Comment by JL – May 14, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post