Fall Preview: Watch Trailers for NBC's Michael J. Fox Show, Ironside, Dracula and Other New Series

Fall TV 2013 The Michael J Fox Show NBCNBC has unveiled the first full-length trailers for its new 2013-14 TV series, including the hotly anticpated Michael J. Fox Show, an Ironside reboot and a fresh take on Dracula.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

Feast your eyes on the network’s latest offerings below, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments! (Promos for NBC’s midseason entries About a Boy and Chicago PD, among others, will be added as soon as they become available.)

The Blacklist, with James Spader, Megan Boone, Ryan Eggoldd, Diego Klattenhoff (airing Mondays at 10/9c)

Ironside, with Blair Underwood, Brent Sexton, Pablo Schreiber, Spencer Grammer (Wednesdays at 10 pm)

Welcome to the Family, with Mike O’Malley, Mary McCormack and Ricardo Chavira (Thursdays at 8:30 pm)

Sean Saves the World, with Sean Hayes, Linda Lavin, Echo Kellum, Lindsay Sloane (Thursdays at 9 pm)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

The Michael J. Fox Show, with Michael J. Fox, Betsy Brandt and Katie Finneran (Thursdays at 9:30 pm)

Dracula, with Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Jessica De Gouw (Fridays at 10 pm)

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Jenny says:

The Michael J. Fox show looks cute. I’ll definetly give it a look.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I love Michael J Fox. I hope his show gets high ratings-even though its on NBC. He’s still got it!!

• eddie says:

why is MJF on at 9:30? NBC is terrible at scheduling, that show should be on at 9.

• Jayj says:

NBC is probably figuring that CBS will expand its comedy to 2 hours and thinks putting MJF at 9:30 as a lead-in to Parenthood — rather than up against, say, The Big Bang Theory — makes sense. They’d be right if CBS is indeed doing that.

• Teeny Bikini says:

NBC is the dumbest. I hope he succeeds in spite of them.

• lucy says:

It looks funny. I have a relative with Parkinsons and I like that they aren’t really dancing around it or making it the entire story.

• Lizzie says:

9:30 is probably trail, if they feel it will do better they will move it. But wow I can’t wait. As a huge MJF fan I’m so excited, has an awesome vibe too. Like I have this disease & uh who cares

2. Douglas from Brazil says:

I didn’t see any hits in those promos

• misha says:

wow sean hayes hasn’t aged one bit! I agree with you, based on the promos it doesn’t look like theres a big hit in the lineup. I found myself laughing during the Michael J Fox show promo so thats probably the one i’m most looking forward too. Dracula looks interesting but in my opinion it looks like it would do better in a mini series. Any ideas on when we’ll see a promo for undateables? I’m always excited to try a bill lawrence show

3. Definitely watching the pilots of ‘Welcome to the Family’ & ‘The Michael J. Fox Show’ :)

4. Susan says:

The Michael J. Fox show trailer was wonderful -loved it!

5. rachelle says:

I’m so excited about Dracula. I’ve been a Jonathan Rhys Meyers fan since The Tudors. This show would be a perfect companion to Grimm.

6. RobertRyan says:

Blacklist looks cool, Dracula looks like it would do better on HBO or Showtime.
    The comedies look so not funny

7. Lino says:

Good gosh, with the exception of The MJ Fox show the rest all look awful.. Couldn’t even get to the end of the Ironside promo. (I’d rather watch another season of Blind Justice)

8. The Michael J /fox show and Dracula look very promising, cant wait till the new season now!

9. Best trailer: The Blacklist. The next breakout hit for NBC.

• coulsonlives says:

I agree. Any show airing after The Voice will be a hit, but “The Black List” looks awesome, so it could become a juggernaut.

I know that they’re going to sacrifice “Parks and Rec” against “Big Bang”, but I think the schedule for Thursdays could be better with:
      8 – Sean Saves the World
      8/30 – Parks and Recreation
      9 – Welcolm to the family
      9/30 – The Michael J. Fox
      Parenthood at 10pm is a great choice!

• Kim R says:

Yes, we will be watching this one. Love James Spader! :)

10. CBWBDK1 says:

Dracula looks great. JRM was great in The Tudors. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

11. Jared says:

None of these trailers scream HIT..but I might check out Dracula.

12. Georgia Peach says:

Dracula! Jonathan Rhys Meyers! I’m definitely there!

13. Nico says:

If Michael J. Fox is playing a character called Mike Henry, then why is the series called “The Michael J. Fox Show”???

• Shannon says:

Case in point…Cliff Huxtable – The Cosby Show

• JenF says:

The Dick Van Dyke Show, the Mary Tyler Moore Show, and the Bob Newhart Show didn’t feature the actors playing the same character names. It’s just a way of identifying who the show is built around.

14. strachpa says:

I can see the Michael J. Fox show going the whole season. Welcome to the Family going about 8 episodes, Sean saves the World about 4 episodes, before being cancelled. Dracula sounds good on paper, but that trailer really didnt. Hope they have some backups to replace these. NBC, the biggest loser network.

15. Laura says:

These trailers are much better than the clips in the other post about NBC’s new shows. I think I’ll give The Michael J. Fox Show a try, as well. I’ll wait for reviews about the others. I thought the Dracula trailer was pretty decent, but I’ve never watched Jonathan Rhys Meyers in anything since he used a racial slur while being drunk on a United Airlines flight and I don’t plan to start now, no matter how interesting the trailer for his show is.

• Kari G says:

I’m honestly not usually the person that responds to these types of posts, but I think you need to seriously get off your soapbox. So what, people aren’t allowed to make mistakes? God forbid you be judged by the worst thing you ever did. If you knew anything about him, or cared to judge him based on more than one single incident, then you would know that he has struggled with alcoholism and depression for quite some time. The man is extremely gifted so the fact that you are willing to boycott his projects based solely on one incident you heard/read about, tells me you aren’t any better than the person you are judging. What a ridiculous comment.

• Temperance says:

It’s pretty much assured that if you examined ‘Laura”‘s life, there would be a whole lot worse than a single drunken ‘racial slur’.

16. Stephanie P. says:

Dracula!!

17. Jay Burger says:

I’m excited by the Michael J. Fox trailer, but I’m wondering how long Parkinsons-jokes will carry the show. No disrespect to his condition or something, but I hope it’s not all they have..

18. TV Critic says:

Different commenting on the Fox show compared to Deadline.

19. Eli says:

The Blacklist: Looks promising, but a lot will depend on what the show will look like after the pilot. Will it be another case-of-the-week procedural. Or will it be more then that.
    Ironside: Another procedural where the main character has something “special” just so the show can be slightly different from all the others like it. Will pass on this, but i’m sure old people will like it if they can even find NBC anymore…
    Welcome to the Family: I really want Mike O’Malley to get a good show. It doesn’t look awful so will probably at least give it a chance. Gets a +1 for not having laugh track at least.
    Sean saves the World: Yuck. By far the worst trailer of the bunch. The jokes we see are stale and rely very heavily on Sean doing his usual shtick. It has a laughing track. And in general it just feels very outdated. I don’t see this one making it to the end.
    The Michael J Fox Show: Love it. Yes, I’m a big fan of his, but even if I weren’t I’d be swayed by the trailer. Does everything right that the Sean saves the World trailer did wrong. Love the un-PC way they approach his condition. Just the way it should be done.
    Dracula: Not another vampire show, geez. Granted trailer looks good, but I’m so bloody over this particular genre. I also think this particular niche of genre tv will simply not be able to get a big enough fanbase to get the viewer numbers you’d want, even for NBC.
    Overall, I’m not too impressed. But The MJF Show is one thing I’m definitely looking forward to.

20. Mrs. Peele says:

As a fan of the original ‘Ironsides’ which starred Raymond Burr, I will give this one a look. But, I fear, it will be just like the others, all updated, in your face, crude etc. as all remakes usually tend to be to go with the way the world is now.

21. Blacklist looks like the only keeper. Pretty sure the rest won’t last, so I’m not going to get to invested. Sad to say, but we all know it’s true.

22. James says:

the blacklist looks really good but i doubt it will be able to maintain its momentum it seems like it would get very redundant very quickly. loved the MJF rolling chair cracked me up, it goes to show what kind of guy he is that he can make fun of his horrible disease. Dracula is going to suffer because its on network tv but i will check it out looks interesting and has a great cast and crew behind it.

23. lilu says:

By judging trailers The Blacklist wins.

24. greysfan says:

The Blacklist looks great but i don’t see what all the fuss is about with the Michael J Fox show. Its nothing special at all.

25. Joe says:

The MJF Show seems pretty good actually. The other 2 comedies…. not so much.

26. AT says:

I can’t wait for Dracula! Other than that the Michael J. Fox comedy looks cute. Blacklist looks interesting but it could get old quickly.

27. Liz says:

I’m a bit of a genre girl. I’m still disappointed the passed on the sixth gun. Dracula looks amazing. It gives me hope that the vampire genre will finally be done correctly!

28. Chris says:

The Blacklist looks good but I don’t know if it will work over 22 episodes. It might benefit from a shorter run. I will check out The Michael J. Fox show and Welcome to the family because I love Michael J.Fox and Mike O’malley even though neither show looks that good.

29. Anna says:

I won’t even bother getting attached to anything on NBC anymore ’cause they’ll cancel it anyway… (After seeing these trailers, they could’ve kept Go On since it was better than any of the new comedies seem to be…)

30. Pickles says:

All the comedies look painfully stupid.

31. murley says:

The blacklist, Dracula and the michael j fox show I will definitely be checking out. Welcome to the family looks hit or miss but I love mike o’malley so I’ll give it a shot.

32. GK says:

Dracula, The Blacklist and Sean Saves the World are definitely must-see for me.

33. Evan says:

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the Welcome to the Family trailer. The plot is a bit trite, but I might check it out. The Michael J. Fox Show looks promising, and Sean Saves the World might be okay. Ironside completely bored me, and unlike everyone else on here, I was not into the Dracula trailer at all. The Blacklist looks good, but not unbelievably good, and since this was NBC’s best pilot in years, I’m hoping it’s good.

34. Julie says:

Dracula looks good and its a perfect pairing with Grimm. I hope people don’t judge it based on the vampire premise- after all, Dracula is the original vampire and not like so much of the other crap out there.

35. lfpmedia says:

Reblogged this on indiesoulspokenword and commented:
    Here’s a look at the NEW Fall Shows on NBC. Credit: Michael Ausiello

36. Alexis G Johnston says:

The only 2 shows that I see that might make it are Ironside and Dracula.

37. Sam says:

Looking forward to The Michael J. Fox Show and Welcome to the Family, I love the casting of both shows. The rest don’t interest me much, but I may at least watch the pilots to see how they are.

38. Kasper F. Nielsen says:

Sean Saves the World and Welcome to the Family looks horrible – they’ll be canceled within three months. The Michael J. Fox Show looks like it could go either way, but it’s the only comedy with some sort of potential from this line-up. I have zero interest in an Ironside reboot. Might give Dracula a shot as I really like Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

39. cjeffery7 says:

the first 10 seconds of the Blacklist looks like Observers LOL but otherwise looked interesting, even if the bad-guy-working-for-the-good-guys feels a little bit tired. or it will make me tired very quickly.

• AJBlocker says:

Im gunna take a stab and say the female first day on the job profiler turns out to be james spaders characters daughter

40. Whatever says:

DRACULA ! Love Jonathan Rhys Meyers he was great in the Tudors.
    That’s the only new show I’m really excited about on NBC so far.
    Dracula & Grimm will work well together.

41. Jen says:

I’ll sample all of these. All the comedies look great and The Blacklist looks pretty awesome. Also looking forward to Ironside and Blair Underwood. Finally, NBC looks to have some winners!

42. Renee says:

Blacklist looks terrific, Ironside has a lot of potential and Dracula depends on how they do it. I really like Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but I’m not fond of period pieces.

43. csr says:

I’d forgotten, sadly, how funny Michael J. Fox is. Looking forward to his show!

44. kavyn says:

Michael J Fox and Sean Saves The World gave me a couple of laughs, I’ll definitely check those out.

Blacklist seems to be a mixture of POI and The Following. Way too much going on in what appears to be the pilot episode.

Ironside seems to be a mix of House and every Cop procedural. Not very innovative or unique, it feels like they’re just mixing in a bunch of popular shows and hoping for the best. I don’t find the lead to be believably tough like they say, but I did find the “shoot the hostage in the leg… did I stutter?” line to be pretty funny.

Dracula seems stunning and I’m sure the cast is great, but period pieces are usually hit-or-misses, often misses. Again there’s a focus on popular shows (True Blood), not showing any real creativity.

Welcome To The Family seems very generic, and Mike O’Malley – although a great actor and lovable person – doesn’t really give off the leading man vibe in this promo. IMO Michael J. Fox and Welcome To The Family should be switched around, I think Parks&Rec fans would appreciate and stick to the MJF show more than they would WTTF.

45. Kenny says:

The last joke on the MJ fox show trailer, made me laugh like a crazy person

This show has hit written all over it!

46. YowzaPowza says:

The comedies look awful. Ironside looks like an SNL skit. James Spader will be great in The Blacklist but it will quickly turn into “criminal of the week” nonsense. Dracula seems to be the only one worth checking out.

47. Fabe says:

I’m in for Dracula! It looks great. Everything else? Blah. I’m disappointed they passed on The Sixth Gun, and I was hoping to see the Krysten Ritter comedy picked up.

48. Mel says:

Huge James Spader fan here, and would have watched Blacklist regardless, but I thought the preview was the best of the bunch followed by MJF and Welcome to the Family, partly because I miss Mary McCormick. USA should have never cancelled In Plain Sight!

49. rowan77 says:

The Michael J Fox comedy looks really good, but the others look blah. I love Sean Hayes, but his show isn’t funny – even with Linda Lavin onboard (I love her too). Mike O’Malley is a comedian, but his best work is in dramedy. I’m hoping his sitcom won’t suck as much as it looks like it will.

And can we please tell NBC to find someone who knows how to program Thursday nights?? I get starting with Parks & Rec because there’s a fanbase there, but not putting MJF’s show in the tentpole position is plain dumb. He is the only draw out of all the new shows that night. Be smart NBC – Shift him to 9pm and put Mike O’Malley in the 9:30 slot.

50. M says:

Oh Yay. Another list of delightful and likely interesting shows from NBC that they will send to the butcher at the end of their first season. Risk being heartbroken again? Maybe, maybe not.