Fall Preview: Watch Trailers for Almost Human, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Other New Fox Series

Almost Human Fox 2013 SeriesFox on Monday released a handful of first looks for its just-announced 2013-14 lineup, including a new J.J. Abrams thriller, Andy Samberg‘s post-SNL cop comedy, a couple of Dads and more.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013 — What’s On When? And Against What?

Sample the network’s new offerings below, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments! (Promos for several of Fox’s midseason shows will be added as soon as they become available.)

Almost Human, with Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Lili Taylor and Minka Kelly (airing Mondays at 8/7c)

Sleepy Hollow, with Orlando Jones, Katia Winter, Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison (Mondays at 9 pm)

Dads, with Seth Green, Giovanni Ribisi, Brenda Song and Vanessa Lachey (Tuesdays at 8 pm)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, with Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher, Terry Crews and Melissa Fumero (Tuesdays at 8:30 pm)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Rake, with Greg Kinnear, Miranda Otto, Necar Zadegan and Tara Summers (Thursdays at 9 pm)

Enlisted, with Keith David, Geoff Stults, Parker Young, Chris Lowell and Angelique Cabral (Fridays at 9 pm)

And bowing at midseason…

Us & Them, with Jason Ritter, Alexis Bledel, Kurt Fuller and Jane Kaczmarek (TBD)

Surviving Jack, with Chris Meloni, Alex Kapp Horner, Connor Buckley and Claudia Lee (TBD)

Gang Related, with Terry O’Quinn, Ramon Rodriguez, Jay Hernandez and Shantel VanSanten (TBD)

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. daviduter says:

Oh my lord, how did this get picked up? Two aired episodes, max.

2. Joe says:

Not sure, didn’t laugh.

3. Joel says:

Like Seth McFarlane, Seth Green, Giovanni Ribisi, and Martin Mull. I so, want this to be good. Judging by one three minute trailer, I’m going to be so disappointed.

• CBWBDK1 says:

Are you kidding me? It looks hilarious!!

• Elly says:

Oh boy, I’m guessing your a “The Middle” fan.

I feel bad for “Dads” I bet it would be way funnier is it was on cable, it just doesn’t even seem remotely witty. Which is a bummer because Seth and Seth are usually funny.

• Zach says:

It looks ok. Peter Riegert was really miscast. They should have had Geoff Pierson in the role.

4. DavidSask says:

It seems very one note but look who produces it? I am sure since Fox is loyal to Seth the show will stick around for bit. The laugh track on it though is horrid loud and obnoxious erase that permanently as viewers hate it!!!

5. Guifro says:

It looks funny!

6. yankeesrj12 says:

The preview for Brooklyn Nine Nine was absolutely horrible. How did this get picked up?!

• Moe says:

Yeah… because B-99 and Dads, I ‘m sorry to say, were painful to watch. Maybe they’ll grow better in time.

7. jmble says:

My guess is Brooklyn Nine was picked up based on potential. I’m guessing those are all scenes shot from the pilot. It looks like it has the typical pilot problem of trying to shove every single character’s little idiosyncrasies down our throats. If they ease up on that and make the characters a tad more real, it could have potential.

• rowan77 says:

Dude, these are all scenes from the pilots. They haven’t shot anything but pilots. No one starts shooting their new series until July and August.

8. MaryAnn says:

I don’t usually like comedy, but Brooklyn Nine Nine actually looks pretty good. Can’t wait for Sleepy Hollow!

9. lariet50 says:

Dads looks mediocre except for the dads, who I predict will be the show’s downfall.

10. Drew says:

Wait… they still use laugh tracks? If I run that through Google Translate, I’m pretty sure it’s going to come back as meaning “Not funny” in every language.

11. ajintexas says:

Who is in charge of sitcoms at Fox. They don’t have any that are very funny, well New Girl and Raising Hope are ok, and these look dreadful. Andy Samburg is NOT funny. Never has been. Both of these look terrible.

12. Sara says:

Brooklyn Nine-nine looks like a new version of The Unusuals from a few years ago.

The Dads one looks terrible. Which is sad because I like Brenda Song and Seth Green.

13. kbeef2 says:

Brooklyn 99 looks amazing! Now my most anticipated new show. Sleepy Hollow has potential and I guess Dads does too, but the trailer looked awful.

14. Mike says:

Putting it in perspective, I chuckled at Brooklyn 99, so I may give it a shot, Dads was awful though which is a bummer since I really like Seth Green.

15. Jack says:

Mediocre. Everything is so mediocre. Enlisted got some laughs from me but Dads and Brooklyn 9-9 did not.

16. ajintexas says:

Enlisted popped up after my comment. Looks funny even if it is the plot to Major Payne more or less.

17. Whatever says:

Sleepy Hollow looks fun.
    Forgot the rest already…

18. Nick says:

Enlisted looks so great!! Love Geoff Stults & Parker Young

19. Laura says:

Sleepy Hollow looks okay, but I’m not happy about a show with decapitation as its main theme. The comedies looks terrible, which is too bad because I like the casts in both.

• Laura says:

The other shows were added after my comment, so I’m going to add Us &Them as a show I will probably watch. I’m surprised it’s midseason. The cast is great. I think I’ll also check out Rake and Enlisted. I’m not sure about Almost Human. Maybe.

20. Jack says:

Liking Us & Them but maybe because I liked Gavin & Stacey?

21. kbeef2 says:

I take back what I said about Brooklyn 99 being the funniest…Enlisted is the clear winner.

22. Des says:

And Go On had to leave for this…

23. julio says:

I am really surprised by the andy samburg comedy. It is actually funny. I think I will watch the first few episodes now.

24. lariet50 says:

Eeek. “Us & Them.”

• Moe says:

I stopped watching The Office because of Jim & Pam, now this “Us & Them” looks like one Jim & Pam-fest… I’m sure it’ll have a kind of CW audience, but it just reminds me of how great New Girl is…

25. Enlisted is the only not horrible trailer. I probably won’t watch it right away, but if it get some good responses, I might look into it.

26. AJ says:

Rake is screaming ‘CABLE’! Will bomb on Fox.

27. Mike says:

Almost Human looks great, but I was watching regardless since Karl Urban is in it, Enlisted also looks good, and I actually think it is the best comedy pilot trailer I’ve seen this far.

• Moe says:

I was really excited about Karl Urban in Almost Human… the trailer got better, until the new “partner”… then the trailer went into a weird direction. It’s like they programmed the new partner with Arnold Drummond. Meh…

28. Josh Emerson says:

I have mixed feelings on Us & Them. Obviously it’s nowhere near as likable as Gavin & Stacey, but they actually didn’t do an awful job. Alexis Bledel is great as Stacey and the girl playing Nessa isn’t bad. I also love Michael Ian Black as Bryn (assuming they changed the name though). The worst part by far is the guy playing Smithy. He is AWFUL. Smithy is supposed to be fun and lovable and this guy is just annoying. Please recast!

29. Rachel says:

who the hell decided to use that loud of a laugh track let alone a laugh track on Dads. Are they trying to burn the show before it even premieres?

• rowan77 says:

Rachel, that’s called an audience, not a laugh track. It’s a multi-camera show so that means an audience. The only show on TV that shoots multi-cam without an audience is How I Met Your Mother.

• Mike says:

It is clear to people who watch both, there is a reason the laugh track on HIMYM is noticeably less obnoxious than real laughs.

• rowan77 says:

I got news for you . A real audience watches that show on monitors before another taping so the laughs are real people there, too.

No one has used a canned laugh track for decades.

30. YowzaPowza says:

Brooklyn Nine Nine looks hilarious. Sleepy Hollow could be fun if it stays self aware, though it looks like kind of a mess. Us and Them seems to have a great cast. Rake, awful. Dads I couldn’t get through even half and Enlisted is just nothing.

31. OnceFan316 says:

Sleepy Hollow and Almost Human look great everything else though I don’t plan on watching.

32. Jack says:

I’m on for Almost Human and Sleepy Hollow. I just hope neither stick to a procedural format.

33. lariet50 says:

Digging “Enlisted.” Although isn’t Geoff Stults a show-killer?

34. the girl says:

I might kind of find myself into Sleepy Hollow. I do like Nicole Beharie.

35. is it just me or is Us & Them hands-down the best of the bunch? why would fox save it for mid-season? hope it still has a nice launch when it does air. almost human looks potentially promising but it could end up being generic as well. i’ll check out sleepy hollow, it intrigued me.

• Moe says:

I’m sorry, it was hard to not gag while watching US & Them. It’s so funny how taste can vary, yet I totally agree with you on Sleepy Hollow and Almost Human. Interesting!

36. catesewell says:

Us & Them…..I don’t know. I love Alexis and Jason but I know and love the original. Gavin & Stacey really are not American names to me – they sound British and the script…sounds just like James Corden and Ruth Jones’ script just with a few tweaks. At least if Fox were going to do it, completely overhaul and make it American rather than just taking out the British bits. Swear to god if the friend calls Gavin ‘Gav-la’ I will rage…it won’t ever, ever sound funny in an American accent, sorry! I’ll give it a try but not high hopes.

37. lariet50 says:

Anyone want to lay odds on how long it takes them to cancel “Rake”?

38. James says:

it took me like ten seconds to get hooked on Almost Human the rest was just gravy, whether it delivers or not we shall see but by the trailer Wyman and Abrams have done it again. the sit-coms look god awful, sorry if i offend any fans but IMO Seth Macfarlane hasn’t been funny in years, and the trailer was terrible. Rake looks decent not sure it will make it a full season but i will definitely watch the pilot. not sure about sleepy hollow yet.

39. Lorena says:

Well, Almost HUman, Sleepy Hollow and Enlisted ( only because of Body Shay)

• Temperance says:

Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, and Us & Them. The rest… are just kind embarrassing (or just unpalatable).

40. M3rc Nate says:

Almost Human: Love it, it looks awesome like Fringe though im not expecting the depth of the Fringe stories, but still it looks like it could be a new favorite of mine.

Sleepy Hollow: It will either get cancelled, or appeal to the more adult “Once Upon a Time” and “Grimm” audience. I think cancelled, considering i dont think that tale has much wide appeal, a headless serial killer who’s one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse from the bible? I think people will be turned off.

Brooklyn 9-9: Looks hilarious, its on the fence. It will either naturally get a good audience and keep it, or it wont and get cancelled. It all depends how hard they push the show in commercials and magazines/ads etc. I think the comedy is there…just needs to find its audience.

Dads: It comes off a lot like “Partners” on CBS to me. I dont like how it looks so much like a sitcom. The colors and lighting and sets all scream sitcom. As for the humor i didnt find it to be that funny, especially the cheap fathers. I had some chuckles but mainly they were Seth Green (who i love) related.

Rake: Looks ridiculous not in a good way. I have no clue how this got ordered to season. I bet it will get cancelled within the first 6 episodes. I see no appeal, i see no redeeming qualities or a sense of humor or good drama or anything. Hes banging/in love with a prostitute, defending a caniball, a gambling addict, and has a woman trying to kill him? BUT! hes a good lawyer everyone! So thats supposed to make us see past that all…right? (sarcasm). Biggest turd of a show iv seen in a while.

Enlisted: Looks pretty funny. At first i was “wow..lame” but it made me laugh enough times thats i think it could have a shot. I dont see it being a hit in anyway, but i could see it lasting 3 seasons, or being cancelled in 3 episodes.

• Spiritofchaos says:

Rake works better with an Aussie accent :) Unfortunately it looks like it’s been toned down a lot for US network TV. The original is great eccentric fun.

41. Brooklyn Nine-Nine reminds me of Bakersfield PD

42. Ainav says:

Fringe alums, I’ll be there. Some of the comedies have potential too.

43. Sam says:

Interested in Almost Human and Enlisted. Us & Them and Sleepy Hollow look decent, but the rest don’t interest me at all. I’ll completely pass on Dads but I’ll try watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Terry Crews.

44. rowan77 says:

So, Almost Human looks descent; not sure about Sleepy Hollow; Dad’s is a big fat “no” (and I usually love Seth Green, Peter Reigert and Martin Mull); Brooklyn-Nine-Nine’s trailer felt really long – and it was less than four minutes, so I don’t know how I’d sit through a half hour, no matter how much I love Andre Braugher. Rake’s trailer was a disappointment, but I’ll check out a couple episodes to see if it settles in; Enlisted just seems only marginally funny, but Us and Them looks like it could be fun, so I’ll watch a few episodes to see.

All in all, not the best group of new shows, and I’m a big TV fan.

45. Spoiler Junkie says:

Almost Human (Karl Urban enough said) and Sleepy Hollow (I am a sucker for fantasy/mythology shows) look very good. Definitely watching.

Us & Them – Looks promising. Will watch a few episodes before forming a concrete opinion.

The rest of them – Pass.

• Temperance says:

I’m in total greement. Gang Related looks like they achieved quality, but the subject matter is a big ‘who cares?’ (or worse, why am I watching something so grim?).

46. ggny says:

Dear god why do network still want to use Laugh Tracks? Do they really thing we dont know when to laugh? Dads looks cheap and terrible because of the stupid laugh track

• rowan77 says:

It’s not a laugh track. It’s an actual live audience. Multi-cam shows have audiences that have microphones above their heads to record their laughter. How is it people don’t know this?

47. ggny says:

Ok i got to say Enlisted looks pretty good and original. Im gonna have to give that a shot

48. AT says:

Almost Human looks interesting, but Sleepy Hollow looks AWESOME. The rest it’s hard to say.

49. Chris says:

Almost Human looks really good. I’m excited about it. I’ll also check out Sleepy Hollow. Much to my surprise Us and Them actually held my interest.. I’m hoping it will be good. Rake looks interesting but it probably will get canceled fast. Dads looks terrible and Brooklyn nine-nine and Enlisted just seemed okay. I think I would get tired of them quickly.
    Overall, these look better than NBC’s new shows for sure.