Fall TV Grid: What's on When? And Versus What?

It’s never too early to start planning your viewing habits for the fall TV season — and get a jump on any new DVR conflicts! — so TVLine presents this day-by-day, hour-by-hour grid of the primetime schedules for each network.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All That’s New for 2013-14

• Programming for the 2013-14 TV season is in BOLD, with new series in RED

• Midseason launches are listed beneath the grid.
FallTVGrid2013R6

FOR MIDSEASON: ABC’s The Bachelor, Killer Women, Mind Games, Mixology, The Quest, Resurrection, Suburgatory and The Taste… CBS’ Friends With Better Lives, Mike & Molly (full 22-episode season) and Reckless… The CW’s The 100Famous in 12Nikita and Star-Crossed…. FOX’s The Following (Mondays at 9 pm), Gang Related, Murder Police, Rake (Thursdays at 9), Surviving Jack and Us & Them …. NBC’s About a Boy (Tuesdays at 9 pm), Believe (Sundays at 9), Chicago PD, Community, Crisis (Sundays at 10), Crossbones (Friday at 10), Growing Up Fisher (Tuesdays at 9:30), The Night Shift and Undateable.

1. Elizabeth says:

Since I watch Hawaii Five-0 and Castle, I am usually forced to catch Revolution OnDemand, so I like that Revolution has moved to another night. But 8 seems kinda early for it.

• Big Mike says:

My thoughtes EXACTLY. Like, word for word. :)

• EveatEden says:

agreed, it doesn’t seem like an 8pm show to me but I don’t have anything else that time and day so woohoo!

• Rob says:

This is great – now I have even less interest in television. Since the networks have no loyalty or responsibility to their viewers any more, neither do I. They are bent on killing themselves because they are all owned by greedy blood sucking corporations bent on taking over all communication. Big Brother meet Big Business. They’ve got the Congress, now they’re taking the courts. Coup almost complete.

• obloodyhell says:

}.}.} They are bent on killing themselves because they are all owned by greedy blood sucking corporations bent on taking over all communication.

Wow. Does this idiotic rant have anything to do with the post it’s in response to? Or were you just bloviating like the moron it seems pretty sure you are?

• shirley says:

I am a big Castle Fan and I also like One Apon A Time.
      I also like Dancing with The Stars. I did add this season The Following which complicated matters.

As long as I get those programs, I am in heaven.

I feel for those who lost thier programs or have two or three to tape and catch up on.

• MO says:

You should get a DirecTV Genie, it records 5 shows at the same time! Or drop Revolution; it’s garbage.

• How do you get that DTV Genie how much does it cost?

• myopinion says:

Revolution Garbage? I think it is a great show, and sadly I am not convinced that we are not free and clear of ever becoming a survival of the fittest situation, for once reason or another. Be it, Financial Collapse,EMP,Solar Flares…there are a number of things and situations, including the WANT for COMPLETE CONTROL that could see us in a Revolution type of situation..watch and learn!

• obloodyhell says:

Revolution is beyond retarded for so many reasons it’s hard to list them all. I stopped watching it after five eps, because that was all of its idiocy I could stomach. No, I’m not stupid enough to think it “has gotten better”. You don’t produce something that bad from the start and figure out later why it’s bad. Revolution is a high-priced version of a bad 50s Sci Fi movie, the kind that’s so bad even MST3k would have a tough time making it any good.

Here’s two quick examples:

1) Too many “exciting” things happen because Charlie is an ABSOLUTE imbecile. She is clearly NOT a child of the events that followed the blackout, but some kind of weird melding of Bella Swan with Katniss Everdeen. All the vapid brain dead emotiveness and lack of common sense of the former with the athletic skills of the latter. This is established in the first few minutes of the show, as she is out wandering around and climbs into an obvious place where a wild animal… like a bear, a feral dog, or a tiger — would make their lair. Yeah, that’s a child of the unmitigated disaster that a total loss of power would produce. “No, I have NO fear of wild animals!! Especially not the two-legged kind!!” YEESH,

2) The… fourth episode, I think it was — shot in an “abandoned” amusement park. Except that there’s fresh paint all over EVERYTHING. I mean it looked like EVERYTHING had just been painted in the last WEEK.. The producers weren’t even smart enough to “dirty the place up” temporarily to make it even LOOK like it had been disused and non-functional for TEN YEARS. No peeling paint, no chipped anything…

Revolution is for people who don’t understand what makes decent SF. AT ALL.
          Revolution is for people who take “Sharknado” seriously.

• lorinda says:

Have everyone you know watch Hawaii 5-0, I am worried,every show they move to Friday night ends up being axed !!

2. TV Gord says:

Why they insist on Parenthood in the 10 o’clock hour is beyond me (especially when they’re moving Revolution to 8pm on Wednesdays). I’m often being told that parents can’t stay up to watch Parenthood that late. It seems to be a no-brainer to me to move it to an earlier hour.

• Sg. Grant says:

My DVR is going to be getting some extra work this fall with the new scheduling. Good thing the cable shows that I watch always re-air multiple times so I can dvr those also, otherwise I’d have to download them from “other” places.

• j says:

I wish the networks would learn this trick too – I record a lot of cable shows in the middle of the night but Network – they keep things around for a certain time period On Demand so you have to catch them soon after. On the other hand, if I DVR I have a reminder right there that I did not watch that show. Networks should get a clue.

• EveatEden says:

agreed!! or my cable box needs to get the dish genie because that rocks but I don’t want to get a dish lol.

• luv.swans says:

Love my Genie…can record 3 programs at once and watch a diff one at same time. I have 45series programmed to watch and still have 78% unused space
            for more. Puts episodes in folders if more than 1. Have 3 of the dome all together in one spot and can watch one at a time or it plays then consecutively for lazy Sat, when I don’t want sports. LOVE MY GENIE

• MO says:

DirecTV is the one with the Genie, and yes, you should get one; it’s FANTASTIC!

3. Tiffanie says:

NBC YOU SUCK! I hate when networks do this crap. Its sabotage to me. We get use to watching on one night then shows are moved to another. What was wrong with revolution on Monday and parenthood on Tuesday and Chicago fire on Wednesdays. Its called not caring about the audience that watches

4. Douglas from Brazil says:

If a show is carrying by its own on its original timeslot, you DO NOT move them,it hurts the show.

• TV Gord says:

Don’t say that to the makers of The Big Bang Theory. Grey’s Anatomy only improved when it moved to Thursdays in its second season. There are plenty of similar examples.

• Monica4185 says:

Grey’s moved to Thursday on it’s third season and it went down hill from there. Their rating didn’t increase.

• TV Gord says:

You’re correct about the moving happening after the second season, but you’re incorrect about the ratings. It had close to 19 million viewers in season two, and bumped to more than 25 million when it moved to Thursdays in season three.

• Nancy says:

The show is still on and just got picked up for a 10th season so clearly you are wrong about the show going downhill! The ratings are not that bad. Shows get moved around. It happens. That is why they invented dvr’s!

• susan says:

Big Bang should be on every night

• LOL It is, multiple episodes in reruns on multiple channels. Hubby and I watch them all the time, even though we’ve seen them all plenty of times. Big Bang is funny even when you know what joke is coming. :D

5. Sara says:

Parenthood opposite Scandal & Elementary???? Are they trying to kill it next season?

• TV Gord says:

ABC and CBS may move their shows. It’s too soon say that yet.

• TM says:

I doubt ABC would move Scandal. Having one Shonda show after another guarantees their winning the night, as they share the same demographic so retention is great.

• Tess says:

Doubtful that they will move their shows since they are doing well in the timeslots they have and unlike NBC, the other networks are generally more inclined to the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mentality of scheduling.

• BadgerRulez! says:

Thank you! That’s what’s keeping me from being able to watch Hannibal, except on demand! BTW, is Hannibal cancelled? Pity if so, it’s MUCH better than the Following…

• Joe Smith says:

You make an excellent point . I don’t understand why the networks would even want to create competioion for themselves by creating a schedule that forces viewers to ditch one of these programs. Well, I guess I’m not as smart as those fellas

• tvaddict says:

Exactly! Thursdays are terrible now, I guess its DVR time for a lot of us. I’d love to understand the thinking behind moving shows especially when they move them against shows that are doing so well – do they really think they can steal viewers away? I will just wait and watch online or DVR the whole night and go out!

• tr says:

yes, it seems

• 3dhouseofmagic says:

Seriously! Why don’t networks learn to NOT put all of the good shows on at the same time?? It only hurts the shows, stretches the advertisers and alienates the fans (who buy the products they are desperate to get ad dollars for!!). Parenthood was fine on Tuesday nights. Thursday against two other female-centric shows could kill it.

6. K says:

Revolution at 8? Stupid NBC no wonder the are being beaten by Univision

• Ginger says:

NBC is at the bottom of the tv food chain, and they just keep reminding us why. I agree that Parenthood at 10p on Thursdays is bad for the show and that Revolution in any 8pm time slot will also help end it… They had no idea what to do with a show like The New Normal so they cancel it…keep digging yourselves deeper peacock.

7. Bigg Jon says:

It is my understanding that Last Man Standing did not get *Cancelled.

8. GeoDiva says:

Scandal, Elementary and Parenthood all on at the same time?!?! Thank god I have 2 dvrs!

9. ES says:

These could change based on what the other networks do. I think NBC has changed their minds about their scheduling once they saw what the other guys were doing. I just wish they had kept a show that was similar to Parks & Rec to pair it with. It is up against the high rated comedy. Hard to get the eyes it needs on it, even though it is an excellent show.

10. lll says:

NBC isn’t all over the map like they were this time last year. While the schedule could be better it feels more strategic. Some moves are great; some are shaky. Pairing Grimm with Dracula and moving dateline sounds like a win-win on paper. So does placing Ironside after Law & Order; SVU. Moving Revolution to anchor Wednesdays is a risk; it’s a new show that isn’t strong enough to carry a night. We’ll find out soon enough. Moving Parenthood to Thursdays is supposed to break the Thursday drama curse and it makes sense given it’s family night comedy lineup, but it’s still a risk. That’s my opinion.

• Babygate says:

Another problem with Revolution at 8 is the rating. They will probably have to tone down the violence like slashing people’s throats, etc. to fit a more ‘family friendly’ time slot. I think…

• H.Houston says:

I don’t know about having to pair down the violence… Wednesday night TV is actually very violent if you look at all of the shows that actually air on Wednesday night… Survivor, CSI, Criminal Minds, Law & Order: SUV — for that type of programming Revolution fits right in

11. Esaul says:

Revolution started off with ratings they needed, but only aired it following The Voice. It made the mistake of a long hiatus which didn’t help. They expect Revolution to lead a 8 PM timeslot when they didn’t bother to test how it would do on a non-Voice night? Idk.

• The TV Critic says:

Revolution is an example that it needs to air uninterrupted, preferably during the second half of the season. See how that helped 24?

12. Babygate says:

Seriously? Are they trying to kill Parks and Rec by scheduling it against BBT? I love both these shows. I guess I’ll have to watch BBT live and catch Parks and Rec online since CBS is so weird about putting up their shows online. I don’t watch Parenthood any more but wow, against Scandal? What genius thought this up? They would have had a better shot with Revolution since they appeal to different demos. Sean is the only NBC comedy I was looking forward to, and they put it right against Grey’s Anatomy. DVR or online it will be then…I do like the move of Chicago Code to Tuesdays at 10. Usually there is nothing on Tuesdays I watch with the exception of BoP which is now cancelled. Looking forward to Dracula, it looks sexy. Where’s Crisis?

• Spencer says:

That’s not the official time slot for BBT yet. I hope they change it…

• Saulo says:

Don’t worry: “Crisis” will air on NBC from Wednesdays to Saturdays, 8-11pm. We will also be able to watch “Crisis” on FOX. Wednesdays and Thursdays. “Crisis” will be a juggernaut hit this fall – mark my words: it’ll cause the cancelation of several new TV shows.

13. May says:

Too bad CW cancelled Emily Owens, MD. I really did find the show enjoyable and entertaining.

14. The TV Critic says:

BBT is big only because of that gd dmn demo!

15. A says:

Can they seriously move The Good Wife to a better time slot? So sick of it always being delayed by football, soccer or whatever the hell sport is on. I don’t get why it was always preempted by football this past season if the football was on a different channel.
    Also can they get rid of Dancing With The Stars and make room for some quality television!

• j says:

that whole night gets affected by sports – the amazing race included. I have to tune in during 60 mins to see if the clock is hitting the right time when they go in and out of their show…unless I actually watch it.

• Sammie says:

That’s what killed CSI:Miami.

16. Sara says:

Revolution at 8? That just doesn’t make sense. That is not an 8pm show.

17. James says:

Sorry revolution but Wed at 8 is Arrow time, will be interesting to see if Arrow moves or sticks behind Supernatural. I’m guessing by seeing grimm at friday in black its going back to its regular spot? if so why even move it to begin with?

• Carla Krae says:

Because the network needed a sudden fill of Tuesday 10pm for May when Ready to Love tanked. That’s why. And Grimm actually gained viewers.

18. Ed says:

While I appreciate the chart, grey may not have been the best choice. It’s very difficult to read.

19. Southland Fan says:

OK, I’m sorry, but I have to make a comment on how a lot of people just get on here and complain about one show being up against another. You are being dense. There are going to be conflicts on every night at every time period since 5 networks are scheduling shows at the same time every night (and yes, I realize that Fox and CW don’t air shows in the 10PM hour and the CW doesn’t air programming on weekends). It’s called prime time television and has been this way since TV was invented for 50 + years. Now we have DVR’s, the internet, OnDemand, etc. so people should stop making stupid posts about how they are upset that their two favorite shows are up against each other and that NBC (or insert network) sucks because of it.

• Sg. Grant says:

By this comment, you are showing that you are being dense. While I agree with you that it is a bit annoying that people do post stuff like this, their posts are justified. The reason these people are making these comments is because they are concerned for the shows that they love. While it doesn’t matter when they air to people like me, as I will download every show that I want to watch if conflicts and I can’t DVR, not everyone has that ability. Additionally, when a show airs matters to the terribly out-dated ratings system. Airing a show you like up against Big Bang Theory, or airing shows like Parenthood and Scandal, which may target the same demo, opposite of each other, makes people believe that there is a strong possibility that the ratings for one of those shows will suffer. People are concerned because the networks still rely on the ridiculous Neisen ratings, so lower ratings because of where shows are scheduled decrease the chances that their favorite show will be renewed.

• Sammie says:

True. Until networks acknowledge Hulu and network sites(ie CBS.com, Fox.com) as tv sources pinning favorite tv show against each other will guarantee lost in primetime entertainment.

20. Southland Fan says:

BTW, Matt, thanks for the grid!

21. Leah says:

How worried should I be about Parks vs BBT?

• TV Gord says:

No more than 30 Rock or Community being there, I think. NBC likes P’n’R, so they are probably going to be more understanding regarding its competition, assuming CBS keeps Big Bang Theory there (and why wouldn’t they, with the ratings it pulls in).

22. Jen says:

I like NBC’s schedule. Some bold changes. Good move for Chicago Fire and I’m excited about Ironside! I think it will be a better competitor for CSI viewers.

23. Jen says:

Sorry, but did i miss an announcement about Hannibal?

24. TVPeong says:

I’m glad that Grimm is back to Friday nights at 9pm.

25. Jenna says:

Just watched the trailer for The Blacklist. It looks really good! As does Ironside. Happy to see that NBC might have some winners this year.

• nico says:

I agree with you. The previews look good so far, and the scheduling makes sense. Hopefully they succeed this time.

26. Nikki says:

Why is Raising Hope on Fridays now and sharing a timeslot with 2 other things?? Tuesdays were such a good night before with Raising Hope and New Girl. Grr…what do people have against RH??

• ssmuggle says:

I agree with you completely. I used to love Tuesdays when it was Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope. I have no idea what was wrong with that. Either way, just put Raising Hope back on Tuesdays. It already had such a short season this year.

27. Jess says:

Fox is really trying to fit a lot in that Friday at 9 time frame.

28. Casey says:

So Grimm is going back to Fridays? Make up your damn mind, NBC! Also, with Parenthood on at 10 on Thursday, I kinda wish they’d move Elementary to 9, so I can watch them both live. But I know how the song goes. You can’t always get what you want.

29. Dj says:

I’m thinking Marvel’s Agents of Shield will land on either 10/9 on Sunday or Tuesday.

30. E says:

You guys are great at updating this charts. Thanks!!

31. Paul says:

Raising Hope was renewed b/c syndication made it easier and cheaper for Fox to renew it. This will be Raising Hope’s last year so enjoy it.

32. Laurie says:

Cancel Vegas ? you bunch of boneheads.

• DeWayne Dymek says:

Why would you be surprised? CBS also cancelled M.A.S.H. We’ve all had series that
      we liked cancelled but is it possible that the networks are rushing to a judgment? If
      CBS had not moved VEGAS around throughtout the season, that the series may have
      built some momentum. You screwed up CBS. Unfortunately, it’s not the first time.

• sam brown says:

Yes then the put on stupid thing they have on minds at cbs the dumb network with a black eye!

• Sam Brown says:

You hit the nail on the head I wish one of the cable channels would pick it up along with other cxl shows from the bone heads at the networks

• I know right………………….I loved vegas

33. Jude says:

CBS Update?

34. H.Houston says:

Come of the networks are really finding their stride with shows that are performing well and putting them on nights that make sense for them with shows showing them that only add to the punch. Happy to finally see it happening.

35. H.Houston says:

I think there are some shows that need to be at the 10pm spot because 10pm gives alittle more room to BE the show they are supposed to be. The best example I have of this is NYPD Blue – remember how much they were allowed to get away with at 10pm that there was no way they could have gotten away with at say 8 or 9. It will be interesting to see what happens to a show like Revolution. Also… moving Bones to Friday night is another thing that had me wondering what was up. Cancelling Body of Proof was a wrong move in my mind. Taking away the second night of DWTS may hurt it’s ratings. The upcoming season will be interesting.

36. jp says:

How about putting this into a downloadable file so that those of us organizing our viewing/DVRing can use it as a template? Even a PDF would be useful

37. Elizabeth says:

How will Parks and Recreation hold up in that time slot against TBBT, Wonderland, X Factor, and probably Vampire Diaries? Should I be worried?

38. Leah says:

I’ve got several empty slots. I hope these new shows don’t blow it. The only real important conflict I have is Parenthood vs Scandal.

39. KJ says:

Nothing new on Fox that even interests me enough to sample it. Too many comedies again all over the nets. Same ole, same ole. Looks like the nets have given up on Saturday night other than sports. Boring.

40. pamelajaye says:

since comments are monitored read this?
    can you make a mid season grid next year? you have the best grid and I even print it out. but by January, it was worthless and there was no replacement :-(

• I make my own grid — to add in shows on cable as well as mid-season. It’s not that hard. :)

• j says:

I do too since I have a mix of cable and network shows to keep track of – plus I put the start dates on them so I know when to phase them in on the DVR. But I use the base network data from TVLINE so I have less typing. So if they would make a base grid it would be great! I figure there are still some changes to be made before fall so about jul-aug I will start on it. I am glad to hear I am not the only tv-holic to do this…my husband thinks I’m nuts!

• j says:

You know the networks may not even know where some of those mid-seasons are going to be until later in the year (they don’t know which shows are not going to click so they have to wait for that to happen to know what to replace on their schedule) so these folks may not have that info either.

• pamelajaye says:

Well, I actually meant – when the mid-season comes, it would be nice if this site updated the grid. As far as I could tell, they didn’t last year.
        I’ll probably have to make my own too.
        I remember back when we were using VCRs (4 of them) we needed a chart for Wednesday night. We had to decide whether to record Angel on the machine with the bad sound or the bad picture. Decided we needed to hear it more than see it.
        There are far fewer collisions these days. Fewer shows I like…

• j says:

LOL – I know what you mean – we have two DVR’s that still only record two shows – sometimes I have to note on my grid if I use the living room or bedroom dvr! at least until I decide some show is just not worth watching.

41. M. says:

“CBS’ Friends With Benefits” needs to be ” CBS’ Friends With Better Lives”.

42. Dochas says:

Shield/The Originals and Arrow/Revolution are my only two conflicts. I’m not interested in much on Network TV this season. Just these and Supernatural.

43. HOLY CRAP says:

Danggg there’s a a good amount of new shows and other shows that I want to watch. The new shows I wanna watch are The Tomorrow people, The Originals, SHIELD, and I’ll look at the Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. So stoked

44. Amanda says:

Mondays and Thursdays are gonna kill me. thank goodness I have two dvr’s in the house. lol

45. Melody Paris says:

The networks have done me an injustice. My TV watching was nicely spread out throughout the week this year, now they’ve stuffed Tuesday’s with half of my shows. There is no way to get through eight shows in one night. A person has to live their life too. I’ve already determined what the must see will be (Supernatural and POI) and everything else has to be relegated to DVR waiting. Thursdays only have Elementary so that would be a good night to do some catching up.

46. Tuesdays are going to murder me. I have at least 2 shows at every hour, plus I’m busy Tuesday nights and I have no DVR. UGH!

47. Becca says:

Wow Castle’s the only established show in its time slot now? Bet ABC’s feeling pretty good about that!

48. Sam Brown says:

wow the pin heads at CBS took off two of there best shows like Vegas and Golden boy and replaced them with dumb shows to bad for us

49. Janet says:

If it’s not broken don’t fix NBC. Now I have to choose between NCSI and Supernatural. And what is up with Thursday Night, that used to be the most favorite night to watch TV

50. Leslie says:

A lot of the shows I watch got moved around. It’s good for me because there were some days where I had like 3 or more shows to view. It was ridiculous, lol. Looking forward to the fall.