Poll: Which Recent Cancellation Stung the Most?

Bad SeedsMay 10, 2013 – a day that will live in TV infamy.

For those keeping track at home, a staggering 16 shows were on the receiving end of pink slips this past Friday. Add Thursday’s death toll to that equation and the number climbs to 22 in just 48 hours.

RELATED | Complete 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning?

And while several cancellations were viewed as mercy killings, many of them were greeted with shock, awe and disgust. Which got us wondering — which recent plug-pulling depressed you the most?

Scroll down, vote in our poll, and then justify your pick in the comments section.

1. Luke says:

None,actually. I wasn’t invested in any of them.

• Sara says:

I didn’t watch some at all & some only the pilot…finally learned my lesson. But I was interested in starting Southland soon since I kept hearing about it, so that’s the one I chose

• Southland had a nice run. It’s worth it to watch the series now, but know that there was a change in focus in the first season, as it transitioned from NBC to TNT. The TNT version is TV-making at its best.

• Laurie says:

Southland was classy but gritty! So many people missed out on a GREAT cop drama. If they had tried it, they really might have liked it. I am sad.

• JC says:

Five years from now, Southland will be one of those shows where tons of people will say “I can’t believe I never watched this when it was on the air!”

• Jack says:

I agree. I think it was too close to reality and was stepping on toes. you know, political correctness. Too bad, I loved the show. TNT will probably replace it with real thinking shows like reruns of Honey Boo boo…….

• Tammy Boyer says:

I am shocked, angry and sad Vegas is cancelled. Are you people crazy? This is a great slow and fun to watch the “old Vegas”. Please bring it back!!!

• Linda says:

I am VERY,VERY, VERY disappointed in the cancellation of SOUTHLAND!! There are way to many reality shows , example- ..Honey Boo Boo, Turtle Man, The Kardashians & many more!!

• AmyM says:

I’m absolutely shocked that Southland has been cancelled!!! A gritty, realistic, cop drama that followed several characters, in such a way, that I couldn’t wait until next Wednesday. Filmed in way that’s almost hard to describe… Except compelty original! I REALLY hope another network like: FX, AMC, A&E, AUDIANCE, or even some of the big boys like HBO…I know all good things must come to an end but, SOUTHLAND yours car WAY too soon.

• Jules says:

Southland cancelled??!! The entire population of the UK will be in mourning for this amazing show!! Tuesday is reserved for texting each other about the last night’s show. This is the first cop show that actually has a real, non-formulaic, story-line and it’s unpredictability is legendary. What idiot thought that this was a good plan? Southland will be very sorely missed by myself and the great many fans it’s gained here on Channel 4.

• Sandy says:

I agree. Southland was probably one of the most authentic cop shows on TV…especially for the area it was filmed in. I will miss it…maybe the station could give it another thought???!!! Certainly makes you appreciate the officers in uniform and what they have to put up with.

• Manny Robles says:

Southland is a real surprise. I really liked the reality of the show. Its sad to see southland go…

• Linda says:

I wish Vegas was given another year. It took a little while for me to start watching, but once I did,
      I look forward to watching it. Please reconsider.

• Jamie says:

I’m with you. It took a while to get into, but I thought it was worth a second season pickup. There are worse shows that didn’t get cancelled, that’s for sure.

• Shari says:

I agree. I watched “Vegas” from the beginning and every episode was better than the one before. Great performances from all cast members and it was great to see Shawn Doyle again. Really wish this series was given a chance to find its audience.

• Mindy T says:

I watched Vegas from the beginning and fell in love with its unique plot lines and great acting. It was refreshing!

• Deanna says:

I liked Vegas, CSI: NY , Southland and Burn Notice. I didn’t care for Whitney at all the few times I watched it. I felt she was to crass most of the time. I will miss Vegas.

• Terry says:

Loved the Old Vegas and all the cast members Please consider your decision – This was a show we would look forward to watching every Friday. Even though they had a tough time slot.

• Leonard says:

Enjoyed Vegas and felt it was a good lead in for Blue Blood. Hope the powers to be reconsider this show. Vegas and Blue Blood Made for a relaxing Friday evening. Enjoyed the first season on Tuesday.

• George Barentine says:

This is a damn good show and deserves another chance. This is the real Vegas that
            My parents used to tell me about . Who do we need to contact ?

• Sandy Patton says:

I loved Vegas and CIS NY I don’t like all the reality shows. Bring back VEGAS And CSI NY.

• C bumb says:

Is there anything we can do to get ” Vegas” back? Loved that show! Refreshing to see a show with no cell phones, old cars, great vintage clothes, and even a phone booth on occasion!

• Virginia Chapman says:

I agree, we as a family, watched Vegas from the very beginning and have not missed an episode. We record it so family members can watch it later if they should miss it. Each episode gets better and the characters are now just starting to come alive. It needs more time.

• Larry says:

Please bring VEGAS back! There is too much reality t.v., not all of want to watch 18 cooking shows a week. Vegas has been a favorite of ours that we looked forward to watching each week.

• Erika says:

I liked Vegas as well and it deserves another season

• Maria says:

I was very disappointed that Vegas was cancelled. I looked forward to every show. PLEASE bring it back!!!!!!!

• Byron Hodges says:

I really enjoyed Vegas and Body of Proof. I wish they were coming back. There are many shows that should not have been shown once, let alone renewed for another season.

• Margaret says:

I loved this show,(vegas) always looked forward to watching it, more than most shows, can’t believe they canceled it, the shows on now aren’t as good as Vegas!

• b miller says:

The second half of the season was much better, and if you looked at it’s ratings, after the move to Friday, which should have been a death nell, ended being a good move as the lead-in to Blue Bloods, as it’s ratings were on the rise most of that time. And the season/series finale was one its of the best episodes. CBS seems to makequestionable choices, much like ti did w/ Jericho….

• robin says:

I m with you Linda, I really enjoyed watching Vegas. I believe another year would have been good. There is so much more storyline they could have still explored.

• Larry H. says:

I agree wholeheartedly about Vegas. I was very disappointed it was cancelled. I didn’t miss an episode. There was a lot more story to tell. How could they leave things that way in that last scene between Jack & Mia??!!

• Arlene says:

it seem that every year they bring new show on and the ones that I like they take off and I am really upset about Vegas and Body of Proof…that this season. I think when the new shows come on this fall I am not going to watch them because it seem they just take them off after one season…..

• Paula says:

I agree with you Jamie,I think they took off several good shows that if given second chance would have been great.

• Jerry says:

Loved Vegas and Golden Boy.

• Elisa Knight says:

Golden Boy was one of the best shows on tv. I’m so tired of the ever lasting reality shows that keep coming n staying for no good reason. It was refreshing to see Chi Mcbride again. This show wasn’t given a chance to find it’s audience n truly deserves a second season

• PJ says:

Golden Boy was excellent and now what? We don’t get to see the rest of the story? It deserves to go on. People actually enjoy real tv shows not reality. Too much of that stuff. Smash is one of the best. I really loved the singing and the story of these people.

• gopsdr says:

I totally agree with you. This was good and I looked forward to watching what would come next season.. So sad!!

• Claudette Williams says:

I totally agree….Love Chi McBride and the rest of the cast. Now we’re not going to be able to see how he became the youngest commissioner. As for all the reality shows, there are way too many. I don’t care about swap people, big brother, moving houses from one location to the next, The
            Apprentice. I just like good television shows that have story lines that you can follow.

• Nancy says:

I am shocked Vegas and Golden Boy were canceled. They were so good! No shock talk like on Two Broke Girls and the B..in Apt. Please bring these 2 back. Even on another station?

• Elisa Knight says:

I love this show n it’s characters. It was great from beginning to now the end. It needs a second chance or second season for people to see this show is worth watching.

• Anthony says:

Agreed! For those who remember NYPD Blue, Golden Boy was the closest if not better than. Great characters and the story lines were fabulous. Definitely needs a second season. One of the shows that grabs you and holds on!!

• Sharon L says:

Yes – Agree ….

• Arlene says:

just found out about Vegas..Please bring it back…

• nk says:

Really started slow but I found it one show that I truly looked forward to watching. Why are networks giving us this stupid reality TV and think we all like it. Should have given VEGAS a chance. It was worth watching and the cast was great. BIG DISSAPPOINMENT. Honey Boo Boo stays on and a really good show leaves the air.

• dan bracken says:

i agree give it another chance

• ann says:

please bring vegas back

• Anne says:

Vegas was the best new show of last season. Don’t know where they get the idea to renew some terrible shows for several seasons and not give a great show like Vegas a chance.

• Patty says:

It’s a travesty that southkand was cancelled. Great writing, sensational acting, wonderful characters and realistic, intriguing storylines. Too intelligent a show for the average tv viewer I guess. I, for one, will really miss it.

• Kudzu says:

Not only was I not interested in any of them I never watched one complete show of all that are listed.

• Chris says:

I agree with NONE. They were all stinking it up in the ratings and deserved to get canned.

• carolyn taylor says:

So sad Smash is cancelled. Best show on TV!

• Bina says:

I agree! I’m devastated that its on it way out. I have looked forward to smash every week as long as its veen on (for the past year and a half.) Katherine and jack play beautiful characters and I don’t think it deserves to be canne just yet. I’ve enjoyed the storyline and music in every episode and I feel like there is so m

• Salomé says:

I agree !

• Chris Thomason says:

I love smash too. Why did they change the night. I got used to mon nights then nbc screwed it up and changed the night. The networks have a small hit and then ruin it by putting it on another night. Why can’t they wait till it’s a big hit before they move it around.

• WHY DID YOU TAKE SMASH OFF? I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING IT BAAAAAACK!!!!!!

• Orchid says:

The one I will miss the most is Smash. Finally a show that is a break from reality shows, brainless sitcoms or one about lawyers, cops or fire fighters. Don’t get me wrong, I do like some of the cop shows and will miss Southland too.

• Maria says:

I agree, a nice change of pace from your typical TV show. I love those shows as well, but looked forward to a change in flavor each week.

• Futurama will be missed the most by me but it’s not even on this list so who cares…apparently.

• Neila says:

Agree 100%…..

• Helen says:

So disappointed that “Monday Morning” is no more. David E. Kelly’s better in the OR than in the courtroom

2. Dee says:

Go On! Started slow, but the second half of the season made it my favorite comedy show this year. I really thought they were safe!

• Lucy says:

Yes! The characters were so well developed, even the secondary ones- I really loved it! And now we’ll never know Mr. K’s reason for being in the group! :(

• scooby says:

Was Mr. K that odd guy with the beard? It was covered in a montage in the pilot, if that helps. I mean they don’t spell it out, but you can kinda tell and it’s heartbreaking. Maybe a little too subtle because not everyone caught it. Of course I’m terrible with names, so if it’s a different person and I’m the one who didn’t catch who Mr. K actually is, then sorry. :P

• TaMara says:

Agreed. And I honestly thought The New Normal was going to pull it off, too. I mean for NBC, these two shows were actually working.

• Tess says:

I’m bummed about both Go On and The New Normal, but at least The New Normal felt like the story was complete with the finale it had, because everything was sort of neatly tied up. Not to say they didn’t have more stories in it to tell, but at least it felt complete within that one season. Go On I felt had even more potential than just what they tapped into in the first season. It was a great show but on a lousy network (let’s be honest, on ABC or CBS it would’ve been renewed because it would’ve gotten more viewers in the first place). As it was, I thought their ratings were better than Community and yet that show was renewed and Go On was cancelled. With all the other shows they canned, you would think they would’ve been more inclined to keep at least one of them and Go On was the higher rated of the two so I had more hope for it to last.

Oh well, these were the last two shows I watched on NBC; I don’t think any of their new programs sound interesting and I think I’ve finally learned my lesson about watching anything on NBC since they can’t seem to keep anything I ever try on the network for more than a year anymore.

• ER says:

Yeah, I thought it had enough “star power” with Matthew Perry. If they had just marketed it differently, it could have really become a ratings winner :(

• Niki says:

I think it started out very strong and unique, funny and interesting, but became kind of boring later. From the list i will miss Go On the most.

• ben says:

Go On easily for me too, so sad that was cancelled.

• Natalie says:

This is the only recent show besides Revolution that I have kept watching after the first few episodes. I am so sad; I’ll miss it a lot. :(

• Mark says:

Agreed! This was my favorite new comedy of the year followed by the Mindy Project. Also really enjoyed the New Normal. Very upset over Go On’s cancellation though.

• Miranda says:

Go On, and Apartment 23 (which is not on this list cause the network doesn’t have the balls to officially cancel it) were the only two shows I watched that got cancelled, and sadly they were two of my favourites… I would’ve preferred TBBT or New Girl to get cancelled, cause I’ve gotten a bit bored of those.

3. Me says:

I was a bit disappointed on go on, golden boy and body of proof. I was ready for golden boy and body of proof, but go on was the m

• Me says:

Go on was the most surprising cancelation

• Elisa says:

I’m stunned by these two great shows being axed. Body of Proof just came back on for the season n golden boy was on barely two months. Both shows have beloved characters you hate to see go. This kind of crap happens every year – they advertise a show n you give it a try cus u know the stars or you liked the presentation. Then you watch it, fall in love with it n the powers that be snatch it away but keep the shows that don’t make any sense

4. lyn says:

Now that both of their shows are history, reunite Chi McBride and Mark Valley [with Jackie Earle Haley] for Human Target Part Deux [without the Pucci woman].

5. Michael says:

Happy Endings <3

6. CancellationCity says:

only TWO of my shows got cancelled: MONDAY MORNINGS and HAPPY ENDINGS. I voted for the latter.

• lorna says:

Happy endings was awful. I cringed at the previews. Saw a couple of s2 body of prood….shouldn’t have cut half the cast. I did like how to live with your parents. No more new ac shows, I liked 666 and apt 23.

• Elisa says:

Your right about body of proof n the cast being cut. They all worked well 2gether which made the show work so good.This season was good also with the new additions.

• Elisa says:

666 was great n was a show that was different from the rest. I had high hopes for this one. I loved the dynamics between terry o’quinn n vanessa williams n will miss them

• Elisa says:

Monday mornings was new n refreshing n I loved the characters n what they brought to the show. This is yet another travesty of a good show being thrown away n the networks keeping trash

• linruss says:

I agree! It wasn’t on long enough for people to even hear about it. I had just started telling everyone about it and they were watching. Great cast, writing and stories! I guess it was too intelligent for the average viewer? Give things a fighting chance!

7. Maki says:

I’m still crying for Emily Owens MD. And for this new cancelations I like Happy Endings,Deception and Rules of . . .

• Carol says:

Yes for Emily Owens, still can’t get over it.

• ER says:

YES! That was the one I was most invested in. And, Happy Endings, but I still haven’t accepted that it’s gone yet (come on USA, do your thang).

• Emily says:

I still have episodes of Emily Owens M.D. saved on my DVR! So sad that was cancelled way to early! I need more Michael Ready on my TV!

• Elisa says:

I’m crying with you about emily Owens md n mob doctors. At least mob doctors ended with a decent enough close to the show. Emily Owens md ended right in the middle of the micah/emily/will threesome. I’m heart broken at this loss of these great shows. They truly delivered where other continuing shows failed

• Elisa says:

Deception n do no harm wasnt given a chance to do anything. These shows had such promise. Who knows now but deception couldve been the next scandal

8. NatesMama says:

Someone actually voted for Whitney?!?

• Tonya says:

Probably Whitney Cummings

• mia says:

I did! It wasn’t the best show, but I really liked it. It was refreshing, the characters were refreshing. The relationship between Alex + Whit was unique, and I liked that.

• flutiefan says:

same here. at first i was on the “omg this show is soooooo bad” bandwagon. it became the “cool” thing to do. but i caught some episodes OnDemand when i was sick and had cleared my DVR. it wasn’t bad! her girlfriends are hilarious, the couples relationship was realistic, and it was an enjoyable ensemble.

• Patrick Kelley says:

I actually really liked Whitney but mostly for Whitney and Alex’s quirky relationship. They had incredible comedic chemistry :-)
        I think the supporting cast is what made it hard for the majority of the public to get into it. I grew to enjoy the characters eventually but that was from watching every episode.
        I’ll miss it though

• TV Gord says:

Whitney improved to being watchable in season two.

9. Crena says:

Go On! I started watching it because of Matthew Perry but with time i got so involved with the other characters that it became the highlight comedy for me of the week!
    I will sure miss the gang! I hope TBS picks this up too like Cougar Town :(

10. Ella says:

I’m heartbroken they cancelled southland! One of the best, well written and incredibly acted shows!

11. Bobbi says:

There were a couple I will miss, but really enjoyed Golden Boy. It was a different premise; had relatable characters and good actors. Will miss it.

• Erika says:

I liked Golden Boy and would like to see a 2nd season to find out what happens to his partner Chi and the rest of his unit. I’m going to miss CSI NY

12. Taylor says:

Go On and The New Normal hurt, but they were only on the first season. Three seasons of Happy Endings STINGS :((

13. Rebecca says:

Forever crying over Happy Endings and Go On, but mostly Happy Endings. I’m holding out hope that USA Network will pick it up.

14. Polly says:

whitney!
    still don’t understand why people hated it so much.

• forrest says:

Enjoyed her comedy style ever since seeing her standup act. Amazing the writing style of two broke girls works for cbs but not nbc.

15. Aly says:

Go On and Happy Endings for me.

16. I’m upset about Body of Proof, Golden Boy and Vegas. Wasn’t really shocked about CSI NY since last year was an indication that the two spinoffs would be history eventually. I won’t be watching any more new shows. I’m sick of the new shows I care about being axed.

• Elisa says:

I definitely feel you on that one. Body of proof, vegas, golden boy n csi ny were shockers for me. I never missed an episode n if I had 2 go out, I dvr’d them 2 watch l8tr. I’m devastated.

• Diane says:

I really can’t understand why you would cancel good show like Body Of Proof & Vegas and a lot more to put on readily shows ..how much so we have to put up with stupid people wanting to have their private lifes on TV…It should be PRIVATE
      I work hard all day I want to come home and laugh or cry at a good show not some dumb wife, man having sex with a bunch of single people

• Arlene says:

I was upset with Vegas, but did not realize about Body of Proof… These two where my favorite for the season…I seem the ones I really like they take off.. what a mistake..

17. Eric says:

Southland, hands down! One of the best written and acted shows on television. Such a shame TNT decided to cancel it.

• Teresa says:

Agreed!! Some of the shows listed I hadn’t even heard of. Others I had no interest in watching. Southland is the only one I will truly miss :-(

• Ada says:

I agree that Southland was excellent. Great combination of script and super character development. Golden Boy and Vegas were also watched by hubby and I. CSI: New York and Burn Notice were also much anticipated. Also liked Touch a lot but could not keep up with it on it’s schedule.

• harley says:

agree 100%

18. wordsmith says:

I’m still most broken up over the death of Alphas. That was a horrible way to end a series.

19. LOL says:

Not trying to be a smarta**, but I have never even heard of Golden Boy. Maybe that’s why it got cancelled? Was there any promotion for it?

• Sg. Grant says:

It was the show that caused dumb CBS to move Vegas off of Tuesday nights. Vegas was doing just fine there, and now both shows are cancelled. Vegas was great. Perhaps they will give it the Unforgettable-style resurrection and bring it back for next summer.

• Elisa says:

We can only HOPE they bring vegas back as well as other cxd shows – 666, csi ny n miami, golden boy, do no harm, body of proof, red widow, deception, dark blue (from a few seasons ago), southland, alphas, emily owens md, mob doctors, the firm, monday mornings, etc. The list goes onnnnnn

20. The only thing that stung was that Glee wasn’t among the canceled.

21. Duke says:

Go On stung the most, but Body of Proof was the most surprising.

Rumors were already flying about Burn Notice being in it’s end game, so I was well prepared for that announcement.

22. GS says:

Vegas stings the worst for me but I’m ticked about Body of Proof and Malibu Country too! Malibu is so much funnier than Last Man Standing. Makes it hard to want to watch anything new.

• Bill Burgess says:

I’m ticked about loosing Vegas, I read somewhere it was said that it wasn’t historically accurate, big whoop, none of them are. This program had a great story line. CBS has been a favorite for years, that might just change.

23. Lillian says:

I’m still mad about Alphas being cancelled.

24. Kate says:

The only show I watched from the list was occasionally Malibu Country, but I can’t say it being cancelled really surprised me. I’m thankful all my favorites will be back next season!

25. Brooke says:

The only one I’m mourning from this list is How To Live With Your Parents…I thought it was hilarious, and Elizabeth Perkins just totally owned her role.

• jmk says:

I thought Elizabeth Perkins was great, too. That show had potential.

• deb c says:

Loved how to live with you parents. I stopped watching most network shows, this was funny, well acted well written. I really think nilson doesn’t reflect what people are watching

26. Teag says:

Go On, and then Happy Endings. I give Go On the edge because it only has 1 season.

27. Umar Azhar says:

Funny thing. I watch none of these. All the shows I watch have been renewed :)

• Most of mine were renewed too – except SMASH. they should have given it more of a chance. It was only on for about 29 episodes total – it only came on Feb-May. and this year they bounced it around so much it was like they didn’t want it to succeed. UNless there is more going on behind the scenes than we, the viewers, know about.

28. Lynn says:

I would really love a Nielson Box. I watch a LOT of tv and they cancel shows way too early. Body of Proof was a good show, but then they tried to change it and it was just horrible. Burn Notice isnt really being cancelled, it’s ending (I consider those different). Golden Boy was a good show, it wasnt given enough time to develop. Go On was FINALLY hitting it’s stride and now they cancel it?? How to Live with your Parents was funny, Malibu Country was funny, Vegas was GOOD. I dont get it. The only thing that seems to stay on tv longer than a season are reality tv shows. USA, Bravo, TNT dont seem to have an issue with smart tv. The big 4 need to take a page from their playbook.

• August says:

AMEN. More and more, Cable channels like USA, FX, AMC and countless others are making shows of infinitely better quality than the networks. The shows that get the most acclaim and are the best all around are nowhere to be found on the Big 4. And whats even funnier is networks like TBS and (PLEASE pick up Happy Endings) USA are being seen as the saviors of the Big 4’s dumb decisions.

• Elisa says:

You are on the money with this one. The cable channel networks are out doing the big 4 n leaving them in the dust. Sh*t if it wasnt for a few shows that I’ve come 2 love on major nerwork tv (blue bloods, csi, chicago fire, nashville, hawaii 5 o, revolution, castle, person of interest, rookie blue, ny 22 n SCANDAL) I would only watch cable network tv

• gymg says:

TNT made a dumb move with a smart show by cancelling Monday Mornings. Great show that spent most of its time in the hospital and not in the characters’ bedrooms. Not as gritty as Southland, but just as well done.

• Elisa says:

Here he, here he about monday mornings. Bad move TNT. You cxd one of your best and promising shows. And yes, it stayed in the hospital n not in the bedrooms of the characters. Ima miss ving, alfred molina n the rest of this wonderful cast

• linruss says:

Agree! Love this show! Smart, touching, different and great cast! Those meetings reallly do happen in hospitals. Loved the focus on patient/doctor relationships instead of the bedroom relationships. Some of us like intelligent TV. This one wasn’t even given a chance.

• LaVerne Fortson says:

I so agree. Monday Mornings was excellent and a thought provoking TV show. Very well written and a different take on medical shows. I am so disappointed with it being canceled. I loved the characters and their quirks. I hope they will bring it back. What’s wrong with a program that makes you think? Not every show has to be a carbon copy of all the rest!

• Irene says:

I absolutely loved Body of Proof , sorry to see it go. Also Touch what a great story but I guess Keefer wanted to do the 24 which I ABSOLUTELY LOVED and looked forward to watching. I hope they ultimately decide to do more than 13 episodes.

• Elisa says:

I hear you on all these valid points. Sooo true. TNT has great solid shows n they’ve kept them all except southland (what a bumber) but I agree the major networks need 2 stand up n take notice cus TNT, SYFY and The CW are stepping up their game with great quality shows that’s giving the big networks a run for their money. Believe thatttt

29. castlefan says:

go on. that entire cast had great chemistry and it was such a heartwarming, positive show even though they were dealing with grief. i will never be over its cancellation.

a go on, parks and rec, new nbc comedy, and new michael j. fox lineup could have been perfect.

hoping matthew perry returns to tv soon.

30. nick1372 says:

I like Touch the best out of these, but I was prepared. Body of Proof stung the most by far!

• rach says:

these 2 are my fav also but since my children can watch them without a problem and i dont have to monitor them when they watch it i should not be surprised… they only want crap on the tv that is inappropriate for our kids to watch so i expect this from the networks now since this is usually all we have available anymore is nastiness!!!

31. Al says:

What?! Burn Notice was cancelled?! Sad about Happy Endings but saw that coming.

32. Nak8 says:

Super pissed about Happy Endings! I hope another network picks it up!

33. Mike Henigan says:

Body of Proof, The New Normal, BOO!

34. rflairfan says:

Happy Endings. Aren’t there possibly more to come? What about Hannibal and Revolution? I don’t watch either but I have friends who do.

35. Lisa London says:

I voted for Go On then saw Monday Mornings on the list. Noooooooh! It was such an interesting show. Shame.

36. Barron says:

SMASH. There wasn’t anything else like it on TV. Ever.

• Completely agreed. It was a piece of the theater world that I think mainstream media just doesn’t understand.

• Billie says:

Smash brought my household (26 to 32 every week) the most fun Smasher cocktail parties! Will be sorely missed seeing it had class and more substance than so many slapstick comedies and/or so called reality shows! :(

• Sara says:

I loved Smash!! It really found its way in the second season, I just wish it could stick around. The finale better do it justice!!

• Jamie says:

I agree! LOVE Smash and never miss it. I think it has the right mix of drama for both the young and older set, great music and fun behind the scene look at theater production. I am really bummed that it didn’t catch on. :-(

• Elizabeth Zeller says:

Absolutely disgusted with NBC over cancelling SMASH…it lost its audience because NBC wanted to kill it. Waiting until February to start the second season, moving it from its strong Monday night slot to Tuesday night then bouncing it to Saturday night and keeping its fans confused as to its time…. SMASH was the only show on NBC that I watched. ABC and CBS have my business now.

• Cheryl says:

Absolutely agree. Even my husband, who finds musicals a waste of time, loved it. Something new and different on TV. Can’t have that!

• I actually cared about the storyline of Smash. I find it hard to stomach that NBC (or any network for that matter) would put out endless streams of fake reality shows, and then cancel one of the few shows on television with substance and character. I was entertained each and every week. I hold out hope that they will at least let us see, somewhere, sometime, finished productions of both Bombshell and Hit List. A girl can dream, eh?

• Carol says:

Absolutely agree. I’m tired of “Reality” formats and so enjoyed the performance of professionals in a drama setting rather than staged popularity voting. BRING SMASH BACK!!

• Tahoe Mike says:

Another disappointed Smash fan here.

• Meg says:

SMASH was the classiest show on TV, bar none. I guess the American public prefers bubble gum for the brain, but SMASH was really incredible. It was one of the only shows I actually looked for, and had to because NBC kept moving it around! I wish HBO would pick it up and do it justice! I would much rather watch SMASH than any old reality show, the Voice, or any of the other pap that gets thrown in our collective faces!

• C Londoner says:

I am crushed about Smash being cancelled. The music is phenomenol and the singing talent is just as good. I’m not sure how it is getting cancelled with all the terrible shows on these days. I wish they would be picked up by another station. I am so connected to the characters I can’t imagine a season without it. Someone with a brain would produce at least Hitlist on Broadway.

• Glenda says:

Smash being cancelled is a huge mystery to me! I know so many people that love this show and it has won every poll it’s ever been on to help save it. There is hardly anything decent to watch on prime time anymore! The first mistake NBC made was moving it to Saturday nights, not that that stopped the loyal fans from watching it then! But, I’m thinking they did it on purpose for whatever reason and they felt they needed to replace their slot. Does anyone know what is now on in it’s place? Another episode of The Voice. We need that on every night I guess. This sucks!

• Erin says:

I agree! God forbid we actually want to watch a show with ACTUAL talent! Boo, Hiss on NBC! :(

• SMASH was very invigorating! I love it! But, as soon as it moved to the Saturday night slot, I was expecting the worse. It is such a shame. A wonderful show for adults. I hope we can find another network to pick it up!

37. Babar Suhail says:

How to Live with Your Parents for me. The shows ratings were decent, and I wasn’t expecting it’s cancellation.

38. tp says:

Still can’t believe Go On will not go on. Curse you NBC!!!

39. Clarise says:

I’ll miss Smash as I love Broadway. Too many people have never seen a play, revue, musical, etc…so sad…

40. Kristen says:

Smash :( even though it went downhill it deserved more than it got!

41. Shannon Jeffcoat says:

I’m absolutely heartbroken that Smash was cancelled- my favourite show that I love so much and was hoping to see where the story lines would take my favourite characters.. So disappointed :(

42. SMASH! Such a great show..love the musical numbers and the cast..so disappointed they didn’t give it a longer run to give it more momentum :-(

43. Belinda Perkins says:

SouthLAnd. I am still smarting from the loss. It was brilliant.

44. Anita says:

Smash was one of the best written shows on TV. It was entertaining and I couldn’t wait til next week to see the new episode. Sad sad sad it’s cancelled!

45. Jacqi says:

I knew smash was coming but I was still hoping. :( i loved Emily Owens too!! It didnt get a proper ending. Love Justin Hartley!

46. Anthony says:

I’m devastated about NBC cancelling Smash!! :(
    We’re not giving up though!

47. Anna says:

I still don’t understand why they cancelled Go On. And I was NOT expecting this! :( Also really sad about Happy Endings, but I’m still hopeful that USA Network is gonna save this one!

48. AL says:

Smash. I wasn’t surprised, but I had hoped it would survive. I’m also sad about CSI: NY, but I admit I wasn’t watching it as religiously as I used to.