Orphan Black Star Tatiana Maslany on Helena's World, Cosima's New Pal and a Possible Death

Get More: Interviews, Previews, Scoop

Orphan Black Season 1 SpoilersAfter the craziness of Orphan Black‘s visit to Alison’s abode in last week’s episode, another clone will take center stage in this Saturday’s installment (BBC America, 9/8c).

Below, star Tatiana Maslany previews the Helena-centric hour, the dangers of Cosima’s new gal pal and the next step in Sarah and Paul’s twisted relationship. The actress also hints at a possible death and serves up scoop on the “insane” season finale.

RELATED | Orphan Black Renewed for Season 2

TVLINE | What can you say about Episode 7?
We start to see Helena’s world a little bit more and what motivates her and what the hell is going on with her. She starts to be fleshed out a bit more.

TVLINE | Sarah came out with the truth to Paul. How does that change their relationship going forward? Are they partners? Or are they still distrustful of each other?
A combination. Her and Paul have this strange understanding and also this total distrust. Both of them live in a world where they can’t really trust anybody. And Sarah, especially, has always distrusted people, and she kind of operates from that place. So as much as they have a common language now or some kind of understanding, they can never get too comfortable. That’s what makes their relationship so compelling, that there’s such inherent tension in it. Also, are there feelings? We don’t know. Who are they to each other is definitely a question that plays out throughout the rest of the series.

TVLINE | And Vik can’t possibly really be out of her life, can he? He just seems to keep coming back like a boomerang.
[Laughs] That’s right, and it’s like, “Why?!” And why does he need her? Why does she need him?

Orphan Black Season 1 SpoilersTVLINE | Delphine appears to be connected to this idea of Neolution. How does that start to affect the clones, Cosima in particular?
Cosima is quite taken by Delphine, and it starts to tread into territory that can be quite dangerous for her. It’s like the Paul-Sarah relationship – you don’t know who’s on whose side, if anybody’s on Cosima’s side, if anybody’s on the clone’s side. So it’s really dangerous territory. It’s also very important to Cosima. This is her life, this is her heart, this is a person who could be quite important to her. We really start to understand Cosima better through the relationship with Delphine.

TVLINE | How would you describe the season finale (airing June 1)?
[Laughs] Oh my God, whirlwind! It’s insane. It’s nuts. It’s really exciting. … There’s so many questions answered, and at the same time, there’s so many questions posed. These doors open… It’s a really gripping hour.

TVLINE | We’re not going to lose anybody by the end of the season, are we?
[sing-songs] I don’t know. I can’t say. [Laughs] I’m not going to say.

Comments (18)

• Thank you for promoting this show. It’s a rare tv surprise. Excellent in every way.

Comment by Et al. – May 10, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you TV line for giving this excellent show well deserved attention and discussion time. :-)

Comment by kirads09 – May 10, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tatiana is awesome. It is incredible how she plays all these characters to the point you forget it’s only one actress doing it. My favorite clone she plays is Alison though.

Comment by Charles – May 10, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She truly is a gifted actress because she does make you completely forget all these clones are really portrayed by the same woman. I know it’s unlikely, but I hope she gets some Emmy consideration. I didn’t expect to like Alison either, but she’s my favorite now too!

Comment by Tess – May 10, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yep. watching this week’s episode again. can’t help myself. it holds up on repeat viewings!

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 10, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Orphan Black is one of the best new shows I’ve seen in a long time! Keep it up for Season 2!

Comment by tazzy – May 10, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So……….is HELENA killing off the clones?………..and who the hell is that guy that she was talking to?………..COSIMA is an idiot although i do know what she means by trying to get close to her monitor. BUT STILL SHE HAS TO WATCH OUT!

I’m so loving this show………..it has become one of my must watch shows on tv THANK U BBC AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!! UR AWESOME. PAUL IS SO FINE ……HE’S ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I ALSO LOVE THE SHOW LOL.

Comment by Ashley – May 11, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is so good its disgusting. And like how ridiculously talented is Tatiana?!?? All those characters and she makes them all unique and interesting, with quirks and complexities – yet they are all still clearly clones. She’s got crazy mad skills.

Comment by mia – May 10, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A+ acting! Tatiana deserves an Emmy for best actress. The show is very good too!

Comment by Sam – May 10, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She definitely deserves an Emmy, her performance is SO GREAT, like i never seen in another actor/actress in another show!

Comment by Sarah – May 25, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the promotion of this show. It’s awesome. BBC America rules !

Comment by Pipotipipota – May 10, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t even begin to tell you how addicted I am to this show! I can’t leave my TV on Saturday nights anymore. The acting is amazing – the characters are so incredibly unique, original, interesting, fascinating!!! I was on the edge of my seat tonight! My favourite part was the end when Sarah and Helena switched places in the burlap sac… Priceless to see Olivier get a taste of his own medicine!!! I love every little twist of this show. SO HAPPY to hear it’s been renewed for Season 2! Very much looking forward to the season finale! Keep up the great work!

Comment by Bren – May 11, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a little obsessed with this show. It gets crazier and better every week! Any word on getting a 2nd season?

Comment by Kat – May 12, 2013 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am A LOT obsessed with this show and thankfully the show has been renewed for another season. The only bad thing is that we will have to wait until 2014 for it to come back. Only 3 episodes left, can’t wait to see what crazy weird cool stuff awaits!! I really hope they don’t kill anyone off!!

Comment by Sparky – May 12, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BBC already Renewed the show for SEASON 2.

Comment by A – May 12, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, loving this show! Thank you TVLIne for all your coverage. I think it deserves a recap spot now—yes?

Comment by Lolie – May 19, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOOOO love this show! Just wish the seasons were longer!

Comment by dank – May 20, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just hope that neither cosima/sarah/alisson/helena don’t die

Comment by Sarah – May 25, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post