Burn Notice to End After Upcoming Season 7

Burn Notice CancelledBurn Notice is flaming out.

USA Network has announced that the drama’s upcoming 13-episode seventh season will be its last.

“From day one, Burn Notice‘s characters, storylines and mythology have consistently captivated a massive audience,” said USA co-presidents Jeff Wachtel and Chris McCumber in a statement, “and this final season will raise the stakes even higher, leading up to a spectacular series finale.”

RELATED | Adrian Pasdar Joins Burn Notice as [Spoiler]

The show’s farewell season kicks off Thursday, June 6 at 9/8c.

1. Carm says:

I figured this would happen but I will miss it.

• Beck says:

Again, another great show cancelled. 1st TNT cancelled LEVERAGE, now Burn Notice. For me, being pretty much bed ridden due to disability, Burn Notice is a GREAT SHOW to watch as it is Very entertaining. Why do the HIGH PAYING network bosses make stupid decision as cancelling a very entertaining show!!! I guess NETFLIX will become my friend as USA seems to be out of their minds.

• I agree. I don’t understand why the show is canceled when it is so popular. The same holds true for Leverage. I’m so disappointed with USA! It’s getting to the point where I don’t enjoy tv anymore.

• sabretruthtiger says:

• bill says:

I believe your comment is true…..The people who are controlling the money, control the media, the government, the population…..and through manipulation on television, they guide the population in the direction, they want them to go…….

• DJustin says:

I too can not believe that USA would cancel top shows at their highest peaks of production its illogical to do so. Even the advertisments for Burn Notice states “the hottest show on tv” as it sells the coming 100th episode this Thursday. What should have been cancelled are Covert Affairs and Necessary Roughness. Both are unnecessary and unwatchable. Bring back Burn Notice and Leverage USA !! I am great at predicting lasting tv shows USA, whoever told you to cancel these shows and keep the two mentioned should be fired forthwith or given a reduced in their job title / or a demotion. Their public awareness / customer services skills are questionable. The idea is to make money for the firm, and to keep viewership on the highest level possible. So I will ask the powers that be at USA, keep two losing shows (hoping John Stamos can bring in ratings which he can’t this is not his venue), or keep two winning shows for another season or two as you regroup new shows for their future replacement. Please reconsider the ending of these winners. There is no shame in changing your minds. There is shame in losing ratings, viewerships, and incoming funds to client accounts / the Board of Directors / stock averages / firm employees, etc. Remember, “you don’t miss the water, until the well runs dry.” BRAVO / BRAVA to Jeff Donovan, Bruce Campbell, Gabrielle Anwar, Sharon Gless, Coby Bell, and ALL of the guest stars and CREWS that had us watching every week and wanting more after the cliff hangers. To You ALL, “Thank You”

• Kh says:

Agree
            Covert affairs
            White collar and the one in hamptons awful
            Sharon gless my god incredible actress
            Gabrielle an war incredible actresses!
            Rest of USA are soap opera actresses
            Donovan great leading man
            The whole crowd is phenomenal
            Let’s do write in campaign

• Samantha says:

I totally agree burn notice is the best show on USA. I can’t believe the people who made this desicion are dumb they will never have ratings as good as burn notice gets for the rest of their shows that r on now. Please bring burn notice back :(

• john roberts says:

probably cancelled to make room for another reality show. I agree covrt affairs and necessary roughness garbage.

• i will truly miss leverage , & burn notice i can’t possibly fathom as to why they are being cancelled or simply not renewed although unlike some others who dislike royal pains and covert affairs i do enjoy them both along with unnecessary roughness its my hope that the powers to be will reconsider as they did with unforgettable in which we as a family all enjoy please tell me me white collar is safe

• Carla says:

Well “Burn Notice” is me and my daughters favorite next to “Supernatural”. We also love “Covert Affairs”, “Leverage”, “Nakita”, and “White Colllar”. Please don’t cancel it. We will be as broken hearted as we were when “Moonlight” got canceled, although the star is doing very well on Hawaii 5 O, which I don’t watch, He is still our favorite vampire.

• Rita Ryan says:

Love Burn Notice and Covert Affairs too

• liz pingrey says:

I could not have said it better. So I will say Thank you to DJustin for his comments. I do disagree about his opinion of Covert Affairs and Necessary Roughness as I also like them. But Leverage and Burn Notice rate right up with NCIS for me. The are/were my can’t miss shows. Good shows seldom last I wonder why when there are so much junk and “reality” shows.

• D.Williams says:

I agree with you. I can’t understand why USA would cancel one of the highest rated shows on TV with millions of loyal fans. There are several shows on the USA Network that are not doing that well in terms of viewers, another one is Royal Pains. Burn Notice is a money maker. Think of all of the advertising dollars that USA will not collect as a result of cancelling one of the most popular shows on both TV and cable. Why kill the goose that laid the golden egg! My only hope is that another network will have the good common sense to pick up this great show that has a loyal fan base of millions. Dewdrops, MD.

• Joe Mullens says:

Money. Costs too much to produce a show like Burn Notice on cable TV. We’ll get TV movies in the future (hopefully a lot, like Columbo).

• kris says:

Yes great show we are still waiting for the last season to be aired on our stations in Australia.

• GDP says:

I agree with you 100%. Burn Notice and Leverage, were light, fun, interesting shows. But as I said in another post. These 2 series did not have vampires, or in your face sex, so of coarse they were pulled by the Zombies who run the networks.

• hillard thomas says:

First of all I want to thank all the actors, producers, Usa and every one who made Burn notice possible.It is such an amazing show I cant beleive it getting cancled. It rivals such shows like Hercules, Buffy and Xena with its mixure of comedy and seriosnes. The charactors are so likable and the actors who plays them brings their personia to life that makes you fall in love with the series. Jeffrey donovan is such an amazing actor that he rivals that of Joe Pecies portrial of Niki Santino from Casino. I cant see him being the same guy from blair witch two or the goof from bait. He has played multiple charactors on the show that his acting surpasses more conventional actors who primarly sticks to the same personia. I am really going to miss the show and I hope the actors can each find another great show like Burn Notice to keep showcaseing their extaordinary talents.

• Jay K says:

Totally agree! I feel like I know each one personally. They could get rid of the theme that Michael wants back in the CIA and just let him and his co-harts help people. And I DO NOT like the fact Fi has a new boyfriend! USA must be run by yippy idiots!

• Debbie Wagner says:

I agree! Why cancel Burn Notice when it’s the hottest show on TV. I’m so tired of Reality shows!! I don’t like what’s going on between Michael and Fi…why can’t they get back together and continue to help people. Cancelling this show is not the way to go. I look forward to each episode.

• John says:

The reason burn notice was cancelled is because they have to move filming locations which would increase costs exponentially, plus declining viewership and advertising revenue. It’s awesome but was guaranteed to be cancelled

• Joe says:

Bye bye network TV. I agree…. Looks like the HBO’s and Cinemax will be who to turn to for series shows. Burn Notice was aweseome. I knew so many people that watched that show especially folks you’d never imagine. I wish they would have listend to my idea and sent Michael to Detroit…..maybe he and the crew could have rebuilt the city in his furtive ways.

RIP Burn Notice….

• Jan hoffman says:

I cleary remember the first time we saw Burn Notice. We were on vacation and once B.N. was seen there was a no turning back. I remember standing in front of the TV, “in shock,” fully amazed, and rejoicing that there was finally a show that seemed custom made for my taste. “Odd” that I remember nothing else about any other part of that vacation, and this was always a vacation that I loved. Burn Notice had/has it all- sarcasm; wit, excitement; romance; irreverence; good chemistry between actors/actresses; good values, and good vs. evil- eliciting rooting for the good guys; camaraderie, friendship and love between characters- all derived from the excellent writers writing clever plots, and superb actors/actresses who made a person believe that the situations and characters actually exist. This. is my favorite program. I, as many I am sure, fell in love with this show and it’s characters. I believe the only bad episodes have been those where a good, engaged character was killed off-that type of sadness and failure has/had no place in this show’s positive nature. I hope the last programs do not kill off any wonderful,regular characters. I am living in the hope that USA will rescind it’s decision or another network will pick BN up. None of the other USA series have the panache of BN. There are very good “dramas” ( WhiteCollar, which has the irreverence of BN- do not change the formula to negative mode- keep it light and refreshing; and Suits). There are poor.dramas-decent acting but that is all (Covert Affairs and Nessary Roughness). There is a silly, light, comedic “drama” that cannot be taken seriously but helps me to unwind (Royal Pains) Whatever new programs USA has come up with this year do not interest us at all- WE TURN TO OTHER CHANNELS when these are on. USA, unless there is no interest in continuing BN by the actors ( who are excellent and whomI love for their abilities), you need to reconsider cancellation.Other networks, here’s your chance….

• SittingBull says:

i agree with everyone’s statement that they shouldn’t cancel Burn Notice but who do write to or email?? i can’t seem to get any address for usa.

• Richard K Palais says:

I TOTALLY agree! I think that USA is out of their stupid minds! What the hell is wrong with them? It makes NO SENSE at all to cancel the best show on TV EVER!! I am sooo fed up with the morons who make the poor and stupid decisions and end up shooting themselves in the foot! I now HATE USA!

• thefabulousflamingo says:

Agreed

• Anna says:

I agree. I am not happy about Burn Notice ending. But something else bothers me. What the heck are they doing to the relationship between Fiona and Michael? Are they going to leave us with a bad taste and dissatisfaction the way they did with Remington Steele? Tonight’s episode did not make me happy.

• Kh says:

Left bad taste in my mouth
            They better end up together
            Or I will NOT watch reruns
            I couldn’t watch MEDIUM after you knew husband would die young and she would be left alone

• blackattackcat says:

I believe the final scene will be Michael, finally through with the CIA , and Fiona lying on a beach somewhere watching the sunset. Fiona never understood why Michael wanted so desperately to get back into the CIA after they burned him. I hope they end up together and with Fiona and that guy Carlos breaking up, I’m sure they will. I’ll miss the show.

• David says:

Michael and Fi getting back together is just too much of a “everybody dies but happy ending” ending. I think everyone gets their life back except Michael who is the catalyst to their pain. The series ends with Michael presumed dead leaving the characters and the audience unsure as to whether he is truly dead or simply alone, leaving his friends to enjoy their lives without him.

• BobA says:

I agree. Get rid of Necessary Roughness and the Hamptons thing. Keep Burn Notice. How can they advertize 100 show as so awesome, then cancel the series?????

• D says:

I agree completely I LOVE BURN NOTICE and the thought of not looking forward to new episodes is not only sickening, it hurts my soul

• Paulie says:

Mr Donovan, you rock.
          Make this a full length feature film series with a spectacular budget and laugh at USA!

• Dinesh Ramoutar says:

i freaking love burn notice!! i swear this is the best tv series ever! why in the world would they want to cancel a show of such massive popularity? the aim of the firm is to maximize viewers which will in turn earn greater revenue. if they cancel a very popular show such a s burn notice , they will lose viewers. i wonder who is the fool who came up with the idea to cancel it!! wish i could f**king punch him in the face!! i love this show!! when i heard that season 7 would be the last season , i felt sick!! i just wish there was something we could do to help make burn notice stay on the air for more seasons!! cant we sign a petition? message usa network? something people!! come on please!! lets do something to make burn notice stay on!!

• I TOTALLY gave up on any USA show ever again complete aholes

• Keir says:

It did last for seven seasons though. Im a little disappointed to, but honestly after last season I’m not sure if they can go any further with the story. Im actually glad that there leaving it on a high note instead of dragging it out like The Simpsons.

• sabretruthtiger says:

Only people with no imagination claim a show has nowhere to go. There’s plenty of ideas, for instance bringing down the new world order, tracing 911 back to the central bankers and their plans for world government. There are so many possible subplots that would form the big mission, FEMA camps, engineered depopulation viruses, false flag terror plots, it’s limitless. I guess though it cuts too close to the truth for the people that fund these shows who are ultimately the very central bankers who are actually carrying out these plots in reality.

That is the reason ‘The lone gunmen’ the ‘X-Files ‘Spinoff was cancelled after 1 season, it was a great show but one episode involved the CIA behind a false flag terror plot involving remotely controlling airliner to crash into the world trade centre. Ironically this is what actually happened.

PS: The Lone Gunmen episode in question aired just prior to 911. WTF?!

• SuJo says:

OR it could be something as simple as the actors’ pay increases. The money peeps seem to drop $100 bills out of their pockets as they lean over to pick up pennies!

• vinny says:

You are in idiot.The lone gunmen had bad ratings that is why it ended.And 911 was not an inside job you must be a complete moron.All you conspiracy theory nuts are all the same.No actual evidence just a bunch of crap by biased individuals whose claims are so far fetched.You should be forced to watch that 911 episode of south park.Gid there are so many idiots in this world

• SJ PETERSON says:

Vinny those are simply storyline suggestions. The entire premise of Burn Notice is 1 giant conspiracy theory so l think they were perfect.s

• Michael Weston says:

I agree the writers were brilliant, could have gone on for a long time.
            Two comments down “Comment by vinny” who doesn’t like people who believe in conspiracies, is proof that the ignorant have out-bred the intelligent.. Learn to spell “vinny”..lol

• BeenBurned says:

There are way too many political scandals especially now… With the Fast and Furious…Eric Holder selling Mexican gangs gun… US justice dept wiring tapping the media… 911… So Congress could pass the biggest govt overhaul using Homeland Security to unify resources … Of course now Big Brother knows everything we do… What about JFK assassination… during that coverup George W Bush was head of the CIA… He wanted a NEW WORLD ORDER that he has now put in place … with a lot of help of 911 and his son George Bush Jr… This show and the rest of the entertainment industry is a distraction to keep Americans entertained and stupid… Just watch Zeitgeist parts 2-3… if anything this sure would make a great new season for Burn Notice! I too will miss it!!

• Juliette says:

What are you thinking!?!? Are you listening?!?!? PUT THE BEST SHOWS BACK ON!!!! “Leverage” and “BurnNotice”! Enough said! Have a great day!
        Oh, and let the people keep having a great day too!

• Imre Csoka says:

Greetings from South Africa Johannesburg. I also thoroughly enjoyed this show and sad to see it end now. I just hope that my last 2 episodes I watch actually end in an enjoyable way.
        Shows such as 24 and Jericho should also not have ended , really good shows.
        24 was a really long running series though and I am looking forward to 2014 when they release a new sub-season.

• jocelyn says:

i know but why i will miss burn notice

• Sharon says:

why does networks continue to cancelled great shows like burn notice & keep all these stupid comedy sitcoms & reality shows. we need great action shows like burn notice!

• Doc Ross says:

Actually, I’ve stopped watching series on USA and SiFi as well because of this same disappointing scenario time and again; they do not have regular seasons like the old “Big 3″ plus FOX and haven’t the stamina.

• Jan hoffman says:

• John says:

I agree no one cares about the fans that watch these shows. They just want to make money in reruns money money money

• Luis M. Rodriguez says:

God i’m so sick of stupid,clueless, useless waste of space network executives cancelling awesome shows like burn notice or leverage! I wouldn’t be surprised the People who cancelled these TV shows are the same brain dead R-tards who cacelled family guy not once but twice that show family guy was cancelled,&well look at family guy now still bringin the laughter,I can only pray the real powers that be at USA networks reconsider this bone headed decision,&not cancell it,or at the verry least have a poll,&let the USA tv fans make the decision on whether or not where these shows go on from this point! I mean if it’s ratings you want then this is what USA should do! I mean hello? Is there anyone over there with a pulse or half a brain atleast? I mean come people i dont have a fancy degree or any college education but even I know this is a leave the shows in the hands of the loyal fans! I mean seriously not one of you USA network clowns could’ve left us with a burn notice spin off teaser or something WTF what the freak! I swear if you R-tards do the same B.S with grace land like you are doing with burn notice i’m calling for all of you USA network executives heads on a plater loosly which translates FIRE ALL OF YOU STUPID SHMUCKS! Cause its odvious you idiots over at USA don’t know what the hell any of yall are doing!

• Juliette says:

BurnNotice and Leverage, the writers were excellent, the actors were perfectionially amazing!

Entertainment is produced to capture the audience, well, you’ve done it with those two shows, so whats the problem!?!? Why did you cancel the very best shows on tv for entertaining the consumers?!?!? Duh!

Listen up “USANETWORK”, you’re brilliant! You’ve produced brilliant shows! Let the consumers see that you are truely geniuses by putting these shows back on air! I know you can do it! Don’t let the people down!:)

• NitaE says:

I hate that they are cancelling Burn Notice. I love this show along with Leverage. Who could have been so stupid as to ax both these shows. I used to love USA NETWORK, now its starting to SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

• michael says:

I like the show but, was getting bored with the plot line. I’m happy they ended before I quit watching as I have done with Nikita.

• Why are you canceling my show? I am one of your most popular shows! *sigh* Your almost as retarded as seymour’s “jackass”

• stacey joaquin says:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SPECTACULAR ABOUT THE ENDING OF BURN NOTICE! In fact it was HORRIBLE and way off story lines of the Show. The Writers SHOULD be FIRED for the HORRIBLE ending of a Fabulous show! A show that has Captivated Viewers for several years and this is the “crap” you give us!!! NOTHING BUT GARBAGE coming out!!!
      Looks like my XM Radio will be on more often now because its obvious the writers are becoming more and more BRAIN DEAD!!!!

• Caleb says:

First off,,i just want to say how thats messed up on how that person died,it should of been diffrent,that person should have never died,it’s not the same ,and 2nd there should be an 8th season,burn notice is the best show on earth,not exaggerating,there should be an 8th season

• E Mutz says:

I (too) agree the Burn Notice and Leverage should have stayed!!
      IF USA stays with those decisions then USA will LOSE me as a “watcher”!

2. Roger says:

Where will I get my yogurt fix now?! :(

3. Elyse says:

:( i love Burn Notice!

• Frank says:

Burn Notice was the best show on TV! Why would they cancell it? Maybe if the viewers make it known they will bring it back. Its happened before. The network cancelled Star Trek after the first season. Fans went crazy the rest is history. Speak up fans. Burn Notice is an awesome show!!!

• leonard says:

The previews sure look like they are going to kill them off. Not a good ending to later bring them back!

• LMDM says:

Bring Burn Notice back! The above writers are right……there’s no shame in changing your mind! Necessary Roughness sucks! I’m begging you! Bring it back!!!!! For the love of all that is holy…….PLEASE!!!!!

• hillard thomas says:

I know there are a lot of hurt fans about Burn Notice being cancled but thats no reason to critasize other shows like White Collar or Nessasarry Roughness. I respect these actors and the great job that they do to keep us entertained. As I stated in a previous comment, I love Burn Notice and its cast and I really hate its ending. But its not fair to lash out at other shows especailly when you refuse to give other shows a fair chance this early in its season. Case in point, Nessisary Roughness has only had two shows to air with John Stamos and people are already disrespecting him. Please give the show a chance like casting directors gave Jeffory Donovan. We were blessed with their choice have him casted as a lead actor witch proves that change is sometimes a good thing. So lighten up a bit and try to enjoy other great programs.

• David says:

Good point I think. I enjoy several other shows as well. They all have their flaws. The writing during the “Fiona in Prison” season almost made me give up Burn Notice. For now I just caught up on DVR and can’t wait for final episodes. Very interested in what kind of twist they will end this one with.

4. Tom Mc says:

This is one I will surely miss! It’s been a great ride – probably time for it to end, though. It’s good to leave your audience wanting more!

• wordsmith says:

My sentiments exactly. I love the show, but there’s only so many tricks they can pull to keep it going.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Love the show but this makes sense. The story has basically been told.

• sabretruthtiger says:

Umm no. It makes no sense, there are plenty more storylines possible. The reason that all good shows are getting cancelled is they want to teach the population they can’t get attached to peopl/characters or anything, it gets taken away. It’s all New World Order engineered ‘austerity’ psychological conditioning.

6. Chicago Dan says:

Once USA ordered 13 instead of 16-18, it was clear the end was near. Had a great run.

7. Aline says:

Noooooooo!!! I wanted at least 2 more seasons!! BN is, by far, my favorite tv show on air! It will be missed! :'(

8. Oz Paul says:

Well thats sucks, love this show!

9. AN says:

But… What is Burn notice???? ;)

10. Shari says:

:-( Will they split it into two parts again or air all 13 in one shot?

11. Brett says:

Sad to hear this. One of the better shows on USA.

They should just cancel that female sports therapist show instead.

• Coop says:

It’s not a question of quality or ratings, it’s the growing cost to produce a show once it’s this deep into it’s run.

• jestsaying says:

Yeah I tried to get into that show, but it’s just not that interesting. The premise, the characters…. And the show really lost me with her bratty kids and the bratty football player.

12. Kat says:

I LOVE Burn Notice, but i’m actually quite relieved with the fact that they know it already and can wrap up the whole storyline and write a good end and I trust the writers that they manage to do that! I’m definitely gonna miss Burn Notice since I’ve been a fan from day 1 and I kind of hope Pierce will be back in the very last season and like I said: it will be a good end. It was a wonderful journey but better to end it before the show goes “downhill”, and I’ve seen lts of shows go downhill because the writers didn’t know when to end… so let’s just hope for the best :)

• ben says:

7 seasons is sufficient for any show that gets to wrap up on its own terms. I really can’t complain with the fact that another of my favourite shows will be given the chance to end properly.

13. Todd says:

While it has been a fun show and I’ve enjoyed it, the show really needed to end. They have taken Michael Weston as far as he can go.

It probably should have ended with last season.

14. M3rc Nate says:

Im sad to see it go but its time. Dont get me wrong, i love Burn Notice and love it currently. Watch every episode live and enjoy it so much. But at season 6…any longer than this last wrap up season 7 would have felt like stretching it out. I think its a great day when one of your favorite shows which has been on for 3+ seasons gets a finale season and the writers get to write it knowing its the last season. If someone gave me the option of 3 seasons and a final season to end it, or 9 seasons then it was cancelled before they could write a series finale and wrap everything up, i would always choose the 3 seasons.

• lll says:

Not many shows these days have a beginning AND and end. CBS is a prime example of shows that lasted a long time but never got an ending (Minus CSI:NY).

15. Pennagirl says:

Fricking kidding me? I am so sad that it’s ending, but how long can a spy be searching for who burned him? Give Sam a spinoff!!!!!!

16. Joe says:

Love the show watched ever single episode I’m glad at least that the characters will have closure will miss Michael Weston it’s one of those shows that could have went on for ever

• Lori says:

I agree!!! Burn Notice should be on another five years. I love the show and feel cheated when they are leaving on such crappy shows. I am going to be depressed when the show goes off. I love the characters! Please let it stay on.

17. Eliza says:

Expected this but still very sad to say goodbye to Burn Notice! Michael Weston ♥

18. Audrey E. says:

What is happening!? This has been a crappy few minutes. First, Psych, now this! UghhhAhhhhhh!!!!

• justin says:

What about Psych?

• Aline says:

What about Psych? +1

• dork4tv says:

People persist in assuming that season 8 will be Psych’s final season. Of course it could be, what with the price of producing older shows, but that hasn’t been announced. In fact, the network ordered more scripts for Psych s8, and now, with BN ending, they may be that much more likely to hold on to their flagship show.

19. Ala says:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! oh Damn, No. My all time favorite show. Seriously how could they? :Bawling right now.:

20. Kristina says:

Not unexpected, but I’ll miss it.

21. Mima says:

It will be thoroughly missed.

22. Michele says:

Why would they want to cancel this show.. unless the actors want to be done.. I am so sad i love Jeffrey, Bruce and gabrielle…Why do they cancel all the good shows..

• dork4tv says:

Both Jeffrey Donovan and Bruce Campbell said repeatedly that they thought 7 seasons was enough and that the show should and probably would end with season 7. So that might be exactly why it’s ending. Back after it was picked up for season 7, USA was asked if it was the final season and their answer was “that’s not our expectation” but if two of the stars are ready to be done … so this might not have been solely the network’s choice.

• Don Raymer says:

Good shows are always taken off the air for no reason.I like Burn Notice alot and also Vegas which was taken off.And I won’t watch that reality crap.Maybe I just should just watch sports.

23. bobbie says:

I loved the show until they brought in Jesse and a lot of guns … It’s time for it to close I think.

24. Carrie says:

Boo! I’ll miss it…

25. reader17 says:

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Barry says:

Sad to see it end, but I would like to thank them for a great run!

27. kathy says:

I really do enjoy this show – the characters mostly. I will miss them and the show.

28. Mary S says:

Burn Notice has gotten me through the summer since its very first episode! I adore these characters and secretly wish I had the attitude, personality and skills of Fiona! I love that Sharon Gless is there and that she is so strong and smart (no, guys, strength is not always measured by how much you can lift!)
    Every character in this show adds to it and has become a part of my mythical family. I will miss every one of them!
    If anyone is interested, did you know that Dexter, on Showtime, is also ending this summer, after its 7th season?
    Totally different storylines, but both characters have reached a point where a transformation of some kind is necessary.
    My main concern is that both stories have a satisfactory conclusion.
    The writers of House gave us the perfect conclusion for that series: it fit his personality, proved his love for his friend, and played into what we know about how he will handle his miraculous return from the death he staged for himself… a totally satisfying series finale. Benda’s departure from The Closer was also satisfying for her personality, and was softened by the continuation of the show as Major Crimes, complete with all the characters except one. We even still have Fritzy!!
    Hopefully the writers of Burn Notice and Dexter will (or, have already) prepared something equally satisfying for the characters we have come to know and love.
    I will miss being able to spend the summer in Miami with the cast of Burn Notice, though!! This is going to be a bittersweet season…I almost wish I didn’t know it’s the last.

I do have one question, though, if anyone knows and is not afraid to tell me: does everyone make it out alive? They’re not going to kill off one of the main characters as a way to end it, are they? I will worry all summer if I don’t learn the answer to that question!
    (I even turn to the last few pages of mysteries and detective novels to make certain that the main characters have survived the story…and I will not go to a movie if I think the main character dies at the end. I HATE IT when that happens!!! I refused to go see Gran Torino because someone revealed to me that Clint’s character died at the end.)

So, will someone please assure me that everyone is still breathing at the end of the finale? I don’t want any other spoilers,just that I don’t have to worry about losing another character. Nate’s murder was the last one I can handle!
    Thank you.

29. Joe says:

I can’t believe that they canceled burn notice, it’s one of the best shows on tv!!! But they also canceled L&O:ci because USA network is dumb!!!

30. sweetieman72 says:

I love this show, but 7 seasons is usually enough. Once a show gets away from its main premise (in this case, michael using his training to help the client of the week), its probably time. Once the sole focus shifts to the main storyline each episode, there’s only so much to explore. Every episode is starting to feel like the early season finales. Its time.

• thelongshot says:

I agree with you sweetieman. As much as i hate to say it, because i love Burn Notice, I believe the show had run its course. I will say i was disappointed when i found out the final season would only contain 13 episodes as such a gritty and intelligent show deserves a better send off. As you stated the plot lines would become stale and repetitive following the current storyline and for the fact that there are only a few main characters i feel at this point in the series it would not seem realistic to further develop the character arcs or introduce new characters. Other than the 13 episode season i believe the producers made the right choice to go out on top rather than running the series in to the ground with monotony. And trust me it pains me to say that because this is my favorite show currently in television. Can’t wait to see what Jeffery Donovan does next. Would like to see a feature film about a young Michael Westin in a Bourne Identity type action film.

31. Sharon says:

Why not cancel Covert Affairs or Pysch? It would be nice to have around a couple more seasons! I’m very disappointed USA Network!!!

32. cathryn says:

Unless the cast no longer wants to be part of the show,this cancellation is a poor decision. If the writers can not figure out new things to write about,get new writers,you don’t throw the baby out w/the bathwater.To bad CBS couldn’t do better. What a disappointment.

• hotchili says:

Cathryn,

Burn Notice is based off experiences of a true Operative working in the field today. He would e-mail the writers and give them plot lines and story subtext. All the characters are based on people who really exits in the Operative’s life so there is probably no shortage of storylines but instead I think the actors might be just a little tired and need a change. Maybe if they get a fresh change, there will eventually be a reunion.

If the two main characters don’t want to resign right now, the network will have to consider who would be left in the cast that would make it compelling enough to get the ratings. All the actors played off each other so well especially Jeffrey who mastered his role so well and created great chemistry with everyone for camera which made the show work.

I know how you feel because Burn Notice was my favorite action show on TV because was action, drama with a little comedy to lighten it up from mainly Bruce Campbell, a hip edge provided by Jesse and finally a romantic shade of color between Micheal and Fiona. Truly a comprehensive show.

• debbie says:

It’s a fantastic show they shouldn’t cancel it. The actors are really wonderful together. They should renew it for another year. I watch all the reruns on CLOO and USA

33. The7y always kill the ones I love.. I will get even by wriing to each and every sponsor to tell thanks for the how, now bring it back!! Rob Lowe

34. Tony, Nashville TN says:

OMG I will miss the entire cast of Burn Notice, this show has had a great successful run. I’m so glad to have watched every single episode since day one. It’s great that it’s on in syndication as well, you can always catch up for those who haven’t seen it.

All good things must come to an end!!

35. Deb says:

Burn Notice HASN’T BEEN CANCELLED!! When season 7 wraps the storyline behind the series will be wrapped/finished/complete..: cancelled=everyone fired mid season/End of season/story incomplete.. not returning/final season=story finished/wrapped.. the heading for this article is WRONG

36. socalgal says:

Enjoyed the balance of lightness versus seriousness during earlier seasons, but last season was all dark. Hope the final season will bring back the magic balance.

37. Brad in Beautiful Florida says:

Burn Notice Final Episode Massive Party at my house you are all invited

38. Reggie Alexander says:

Wtf? I’ve watched every episode of BN at least twice. I remember at the end of season one when they said I had to wait a whole year for the next season. I was pissed but I knew I would be there. I can’t believe it’s being canceled. So sad right now!

39. Jameel Wilder says:

I Hope Mich And Fee Get Marry On The Final And Give Sam His Own Show I Love The Sam Ax Movie

40. Ginger Cleveland says:

So disappointed. Burn notice and NCIS are the best shows on TV. Covert Affairs and that Psych do not compare to the calliber of Burn Notice. Wrong decision USA!!

41. Kirk Klag says:

Burn Notice is cancelled. When I see the shows that remain on, in spite of being really bad, I wonder about the intelligence of the persons in charge.

42. BM says:

It is a great show!! BUT, it is not a reality show so has to be canceled!!!

• Alex says:

I rather have all the reality shows cancelled then burn notice. All the other USA shows don’t compare so I don’t understand why psych gets another season another season and not burn notice. To compare burn notice to reality shows is a really bad point to make.

43. Harry Hodges says:

Burn Notice is the Best. I can hardly wait for each episode. Best of Luck to the Team in landling another great series. Very sad to see you go!!!

• Karen foste says:

Burn Notice is a class A show and I’m at loss why you would cancel. Most of the shows out there are basically the same type just different actors. Burn Notice is a classic on its own. Think it’s a big mistake you are making USA

44. Adam says:

The least USA could do it run all previous seasons like NCIS. I am catching up on some that are aired but missing some.

45. Brett says:

Gee what a great show…sorry to see it go….i hope they at least give Sam a show of his own. Imma loyal “Burn Notice” fan…..USA is gonna lose a monster hit…..

46. Nathan says:

SCREW YOU! WHY TAKE BURN NOTICE OFF!!!!! >:(

47. Burn noticefan says:

USA Network Execs: give us more burn notice! Perhaps another show about Michaels like before he was burned?

48. Alex says:

After 5 seasons of them helping people i can honestly say that it became predicable. But season 6 where they ran for their lives and fought off all enemies was like a reboot to me. They can go for a season 8 or 9 atleast on that plot alone. Shows like psych keep doing the same thing which is very boring. I feel that burn notice carried the network for 7 seasons and could probably continue to for atleasT 2 more seasons. At some point every show must end but now that the characters are helping themselves and not always helping a client for once would have been a exciting show. It’s sad to see the show go. To wrap it up in just 13 episodes doesn’t do burn notice justice. There’s still more of a story to tell and I will probably stop watching most of the other shows on USA because burn notice was the reason I put the channel on in the first place. I see a domino effect of other shows being cancelled after this one ends. I agree with everyone asking for a spin off, a prequel or whatever for any character because ending this show is a huge mistake. I had a good run, could of had a longer run but it still was a good run.

49. Alex says:

Another thing, there was a show called Jericho that was cancelled after season one. The fans did a campaign of sending peanuts to the network headquarters (you would have to watch the show to understand why they sent peanuts) and the network gave the show another season just to satisfy the viewers. I suggest something similar to let the USA network execs realize that they are making a mistake. Unless the actors think its time to walk away them thats a different story. . If anyone agrees reply ill get on board. GO BURN NOTICE!!’!!!!

• jess says:

i agree. We should do something. Tv is being taken over by reality shows & all the good shows are being cancelled.

50. drew fowler says:

I wish somebody could tell me why this show is getting cancelled. Nobody seems to be able to articulateof valid reason why the show with good ratings good enough to beat network television would be cancelled after only seven seasons or should I say six and a half.are the execs tired of the show are the actors tired of the show the audience certainly isn’t

• Shirley says:

I am very sad that the Burn Notice show is cancelled . I use to watch C S I show until they took most of the good actors and actresses off Grissom and Warick and Katherine we the people should have some say since we love these shows . I myself do not like some of the new shows like Hell’s Kitchen and many more shows I do not watch we should be able to vote for these shows we love bring back the good shows please

• hotchili says:

Hi Shirly,

I have left a post similar to this one which is if you want Burn Notice to continue get the network to offer the actors more money. Even when actors are wanting a fresh change offering a bigger salary sometimes is a perk that just can’t be turn down after a little break.
        Burn Notice is also my favorite show and we all feel the hit when a show that is intelligence, inventive, comedic, quirky, informative with a little flare of a challenging romance from Mike and Fiona is ending. I think what every one quietly loves the most is the comradely between them all because isn’t the dream for us all is that someone always has your back no matter how the relationship shift.

• Allan says:

sent from my Cricket smartphone

• Maddy Smith says:

I am 84 yrs. old and I am a big fan of “Burn Notice’ I hate seeing it go off the air as well as “Covert Affairs” & “Necessary Roughness” all great shows. I guess I will have to be content to keep watching another one of my favorites “NCIS” Get rid of some of the other garbage on T.V.