Parks and Recreation Renewed for Season 6

Get More: Renewals

Parks and Recreation Renewed How sweetums it is: NBC has renewed Parks and Recreation for a sixth season.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New

Parks, which scored a full 22-episode pickup, joins previously renewed dramas Grimm, Revolution, Law & Order: SVU and Chicago Fire.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the news.

Comments (47)

• bye bye Community?

Comment by D. – May 9, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think so. I think they’re waiting to announce the pick up after the season finale tomorrow.

Comment by Demarcus – May 9, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Community’s renewal was contingent on Parks being cancelled, then they may as well have cancelled Community months ago. Parks was always being renewed.

Comment by ben – May 9, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have wondered about this, because recently I heard some news that they were going to rush out the season 4 DVDs in May, which is not something they do when a show is going to be renewed. Renewed shows usually hold onto their DVD release until a few weeks before the next season premiere.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 9, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaaay!!!!!

Comment by Morganic – May 9, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness! At least NBC did that right!

Comment by m28 – May 9, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so happy. Just binge watched all seasons on Netflix.

Comment by Rebecca – May 9, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!!

Comment by Wada – May 9, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Bout damn time.

Comment by keja – May 9, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOO :) :) :)

Comment by Elyse – May 9, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that’s amazing news!

Comment by S. from E. now – May 9, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! Thanks, NBC!

Comment by Kate – May 9, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Mari – May 9, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Full season? How many episodes?

Comment by Annie – May 9, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Deadline reported 22 episodes.

Comment by Steven – May 9, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “A Sure Thing”, all along

Comment by Kal_Gr – May 9, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! *cartwheels* One of my favorite shows with an awesome, amazing cast!

Comment by Eliza – May 9, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – May 9, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeah. Now nothing will get in the way between us and Ron Swanson Jr.

Comment by Superhero – May 9, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by lifesanarsehole – May 9, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And 1600 Penn has been cancelled.

Comment by Babar Suhail – May 9, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This LITERALLY made my day!

Comment by Katie – May 9, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I knew it was pretty much a lock for renewal, but it’s still a relief to have it be official.

Comment by Jill – May 9, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal, Go On and Community. That’s in order of importance of renewal.

Comment by Teag – May 9, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will we get the news on the rest of the comedies today? Nervous for Go On since it was demoted from a sure thing down to going either way…

Comment by DreamRose311 – May 9, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D :D :D Next i want Community renewed. Go On i enjoy but havent caught up on yet.

Comment by M3rc Nate – May 9, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God! This show has changd my life for the better. So glad it’s a full season.

Comment by Spencer – May 9, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget that ‘Parenthood’ had also previously been renewed. Deadline left it off their list.

Comment by Nicolas – May 9, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really a no brainer, why wouldn’t they renew their second most watched comedy. yay, more parks to come!

Comment by ksenija – May 9, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessssss! So happy!!!!!!!!

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – May 9, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 9, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • baby Swanson!!!

Comment by Nikki – May 9, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not a shock, but I’m still relieved.

Comment by Mike – May 9, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No no no no no!. I am sick to death of this show. I don’t watch it, I don’t want to watch, I hate Poehler. I want this show gone so I don’t have to hear another word about. It’s boring and stupid and lame and makes no sense whatsoever. NBC sucks and if they renewed this crap they darn well better renew Community!!!

Comment by S. – May 9, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate her too. I wish there was more than 1 channel so I didn’t have to watch.

Comment by Joe – May 9, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! I love this sweet show.

Comment by CW – May 9, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by Lorie – May 9, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing news! So happy! I have grown to love this show :)

Comment by AT – May 9, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Life is good. By far my favorite TV show, s5 was a bit worse than s3 and s4, hoping they’ve prepared some great stuff for s6.

Comment by Janice – May 9, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! :)

Comment by bobbie – May 9, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! :)

Comment by bobbie – May 9, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!! What a relief.

Comment by Babybop – May 9, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch this show but I am SO happy for the people that do. Congrats, guys! :D

Comment by Zoe – May 9, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PHEEEW. :)

Comment by sara – May 9, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why ??????? no new shows are better ANY THING IS BETTER

Comment by bill – May 10, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anything is better than one of the best comedies on TV? Critically loved show? One of the best casts on TV? Some of the best writers in TV history? The most consistently funny show?

You are insane, Sir.