Enrico Colantoni Set For Veronica Mars Movie

Get More: Casting News

enrico-colantoni-veronica-mars-movieVeronica Mars‘ P.I. pop is officially on board for his daughter’s big-screen debut.

Enrico Colantoni will reprise the role of Keith Mars when the movie based on the fan-favorite CW series begins shooting this summer.

RELATED | The Veronica Mars Movie Kickstarter Campaign: Don’t You Dare Feel Bad About Chipping In

The Rob Thomas-driven project announced the casting — which was hinted at with the actor’s appearance in the fan-funded project’s launch video in March — via Twitter Thursday.

Colantoni joins his former castmates Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring, who have already signed on to the project. The grassroots movie has raised nearly $6 million, thanks to pledge-happy fans who wanted to see the tiny blonde one back in action.

Since Veronica Mars was cancelled in 2007, Colantoni’s TV work has included Bones, Flashpoint and Person of Interest.

Comments (30)

• It was bound to happen, but good it’s have confirmation. So far it’s juts him and Logan right? Or is Madison signed on too?

Comment by Steven – May 9, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the most important characters are being cast FIRST therefore no madison now.

Comment by sam – May 9, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know, but I thought I remembered reading that. I know she’s in the script.

Comment by Steven – May 9, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Ducan returns, I know I’m in the minority but I loved him and Veronica.

Comment by lorna – May 9, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I did too. But I’m pretty much okay with whomever Veronica decides to be with haha.

Comment by mia – May 9, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Max Greenfield is confirmed too. He said so himself in a recent interview.

Comment by Amanda – May 9, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Officer Leo’s signed on too. Yay!

Comment by ScarletM – May 9, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • really? because that would make my day.

Comment by murley – May 9, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Max confirmed it to E Online in a recent “New Girl” interview and other entertainment sites reported it as well.

Comment by Amanda – May 9, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!

Comment by Esaul – May 9, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Margie Rife – May 9, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great!! :)

Comment by Lena – May 9, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. There would be no Veronica Mars without Keith Mars!

That was a stupid comment, since he’s her father. I realize that now.

Comment by Drew – May 9, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Now, can we finally get them to reveal that Meg’s death was faked?

Comment by Tom Charles – May 9, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If 2 mil were enough for one 90 – 120 movie, with six they could have made three movies, like a six hr mini series. That would have been cool. More material, more story.

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 9, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not how it works. Two million would have made a boring movie, 6 million will let them make the movie they want.

Comment by Midori – May 9, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessssssssssss but was so obvious come on no Veronica Mars without Keith Mars !

Comment by lulu – May 9, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!! Just please don’t kill him off and put Veronica and Logan together by the end. LoVe always….

Comment by K. – May 9, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved VM until Bell became a bit more mainstream. Or maybe its being married to that douche husband of hers. Either way, a movie I once would have been stoked with has become — meh.

Comment by daviduter – May 9, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sorry to hear that because 6 million dollars worth of the american people have spoken!

Comment by Lisa – May 9, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t get me wrong, I will still go see the movie. Just not nearly excited as I would have been when Bell was more an unknown and I didn’t know how obnoxious she was IRL.

Comment by daviduter – May 9, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they please get Tina Majorino confirmed for this? I can’t picture a VM movie without Mac!

Comment by Josh Emerson – May 9, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without him there was no movie! I’m happy! :)

Comment by Mari – May 9, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay :)

Comment by bobbie – May 9, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay good, now c’mon Tina.

Comment by fingers crossed – May 9, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as if there was any doubt he would return. Enrico has been almost as vocal a supporter as Kristen.
    But still, glad to see it official!!

Comment by mia – May 9, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wouldn’t be a real Veronica Mars movie if Keith Mars aka Enrico Colantoni wasn’t in it. Great news!

Comment by Renee – May 10, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved that moment when she found out he was really her dad! Who’s your daddy? You are!!! awww! They are the best and most believable father daughter duo ever!

Comment by shadester – June 14, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post