TNT Orders Sean Bean-Fronted Spy Drama Legends to Series — Watch the Trailer Now

Get More: Series Orders

tnt-orders-legendsTNT has handed a 10-episode series order to Legends, a spy drama from Homeland EP Howard Gordon starring Game of Thrones‘ Sean Bean.

Set to premiere in 2014, Legends — based on the book by Robert Littell — centers on Bean’s Martin Odum, an undercover agent working for the FBI’s Deep Cover Operations (D.C.O.) division. Martin has the uncanny ability to transform himself into a completely different person for each job. But he begins to question his own identity when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t the man he believes himself to be.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including Grey’sVampire DiariesScandal, Glee and More!

The cast also includes Heroes‘ Ali Larter as Crystal Quest, a fellow operative who has a history with Martin and is uneasy about his return to D.C.O.; The Client List‘s Rob Mayes as Troy Quinn, a former Special Ops agent with a single-minded mission-first mentality; Grey’s Anatomy’s Tina Majorino as Maggie Harris, the newest member of the DCO team; The Practice‘s Steve Harris as Nelson Gates, the director of the DCO Task Force; and Revenge‘s Amber Valletta as Sonya Odum, Martin’s ex-wife.

Watch the show’s trailer below and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements.

Tags: ,

Comments (46)

• i wonder how they’re going to kill him this time

Comment by amandareynolds – May 8, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dang you beat me to it.

Comment by R.O.B. – May 8, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true. I love the Sean Bean death reel at YouTube.

Comment by Dreamrose – May 8, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, my God! I just watched it! That poor f*cker died in practically every conceivable way! And the funny part is: it doesn’t seem to matter if the film was made in Hollywood or another country, Sean Bean bit the dust. Even the HOT chicks had a crack at him! Too funny.

Comment by Sean Bean Memorial Fundraiser – May 8, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does he know the color of the boathouse at Hereford this time?

Comment by texasgrizzlie – May 8, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks cool. Looks like The Bourne Identity in a way. It’s got a good creative team behind it with Howard Gordon and Alex Cary. I’ll definitely check it out next year.

Comment by Don J – May 8, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now why couldn’t Terry O’Quinn be in THIS one?

Comment by jestsaying – May 8, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Catch Terry O’Quinn on Fox this coming season.

Comment by Gina Fox – May 9, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll be nice to have Sean Bean back on TV!

Comment by Ryan – May 8, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t get too attached, the odds that he’ll live to season 2 are slim.

Comment by Mike – May 8, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We get it people! At this point, there’s nothing witty or original about pointing out that he dies in everything.

Comment by dude – May 8, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes there is. It’s freaking hilarious.

Comment by Sean Bean Memorial Fundraiser – May 8, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think you and I are looking at the same Internet.

Hey, once he lives through something, I’ll stop making the joke.

Comment by John – May 8, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sharpe!

Comment by aunt_deen@comcast.net – May 8, 2013 04:42 PM PDT
          • He survived both Silent Hill movies.

Comment by Marco – May 9, 2013 06:11 AM PDT
          • What is “Silent Hill?”

Comment by Gina Fox – May 9, 2013 01:14 PM PDT
        • There’s nothing witty or original about pointing that there’s nothing witty or original about pointing out that he dies in everything.

Comment by Sg. Grant – May 8, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Point of fact: He did actually make it to the end of Missing. They just made us THINK that he was blown up in the first 10 minutes of the pilot.

Comment by Regal – May 8, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eveybody knows the end.. He die ! :D

Comment by Boone – May 8, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as you all have stated, but for the love of all things holly let the guy for once in his career survive :) looks cool, I’m mean its nothing really knew in terms of storyline but seeing as Sean Bean is the shizznit i’ll most definitely be watching. TNT is quietly building up the repertoire. yesterday’s Last ship, I believe Frank Darabont’s Lost Angels will be on TNT, and of course the Camptastic Falling Skies. good stuff.

Comment by James – May 8, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s an excellent actor. I’m excited to see this.

Comment by Esaul – May 8, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. This actually looks really promising. I may have to give this a shot (even though the odds of Sean Bean’s character living to fight another day are slim to none)!

TNT is really starting to look like a major player in primetime drama.

Comment by Steve F. – May 8, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch it if it’s not a downer. I love Sean Bean, and I want his character to find success, up the road.

Comment by prish – May 8, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean Tina Majorino is leaving Grey’s? I just hope she has time to do the Veronica Mars movie.

Comment by Josh Emerson – May 8, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I heard a while back that she definitely was. I hope not though since Smash & her are my favourite interns. Don’t even care about the others

Comment by Sara – May 8, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was the only one that was not in talks to be upgraded to a regular.

Comment by Mike – May 8, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No she was if the Legends pilot didn’t get pick up, but…

Comment by Russ – May 8, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know Sean Bean from Adam, but I’m very glad Steve Harris will be back on my TV! Have missed him.

Comment by Bobbi – May 8, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve never heard of Sean Bean? He was on Game of Thrones and Missing . He was also on the Lord of the Rings movies and the 2 Silent Hill movies. He has a long resume.

Comment by Don J – May 8, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch this. It looks far better than The Last Ship crap of M. Bay.

Comment by Alienate – May 8, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Last Ship was created by Hank Steinberg, who created Without a Trace. Michael Bay is only a credited producer because his production company produced it. Some people here are acting like Bay is the director of the series, which he isn’t.

Comment by Don J – May 8, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Point taken. However, The Last Ship Trailer had such God-Awful dialog I couldn’t see how any one over the age of 15 could stand it. (Unless lots of shiney objects and big explosions are your thing)

Comment by Alienate – May 8, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I clicked this article just to read the comments about how he dies in just about everything. It’s true, though. I think at this point, if a character he’s playing doesn’t die, that’ll be the shocker.

Comment by Mikael – May 8, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is so sad no one saw the Sharpe series on PBS. It is his masterpiece (no pun intended.) The man is a gifted actor.

Comment by Gina Fox – May 8, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw Sharpe and enjoyed it quite a bit; my family jokes that it’s the only truly notable role that Sean Bean’s character actually survives! Long live the Greenjackets!

Comment by Dreamrose – May 8, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I figure that he had to die in all those shows to make up for the fact that only Sharpe and Harper made it out of Waterloo, and everone else died. Now the score is even. Looking forward to Sean Bean on my TV once more. This is Sean’s legend.

Comment by znachki – May 8, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please. Looks better than Last Ship.. can we bring Adam Baldwin over from that?

Comment by Meghan – May 8, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks awesome. Is it summer 2014 yet? ;D Good to have a new show on TNT to look forward to after the cancellation of Leverage. Hopefully it will be a new favorite.

Comment by Ala – May 8, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, he can’t die here since he is the lead guy and everything is about him. ;)
    But summer 2014? No!!! I want it now or just a pilot. ;))

Comment by Karoline – May 8, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well, in Game of Thrones, it was all about Ned Stark as well…

Comment by Michele – May 8, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wish I could see it, but I don’t have cable/satellite dish so I’ll have to miss it.

Comment by Gina Fox – May 9, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, looks good! Count me in!

Comment by Mare – May 8, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to watch this just to see Sean Bean in regular clothes.

Comment by kate – May 8, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without sounding too pessimistic, this sounds a lot like The Pretender, Lighter Version…but I would like to give it a go.

Comment by Shawn F – May 9, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ali Larter!! Finally on a new show! I really like her, one of the best actress of TV. *

Comment by Alexandre – May 14, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post