Jeanne Cooper, Young and the Restless Icon, Dead at 84: 'She Was in Peace and Without Fear'

Jeanne Cooper Dead at 84Daytime-TV grand dame Jeanne Cooper, who played The Young and the Restless‘ Katherine, passed away on Wednesday morning after being hospitalized, off and on since April, for an undisclosed illness.

Cooper’s elder son, actor Corbin Bernsen, shared the sad news on Twitter, saying, “She was in peace and without fear. You all have been incredible in your love. In her name, share it today with others.”

Bernsen just last week updated his mother’s fans via Facebook, upon her latest return to the hospital: “I said goodbye to her [Friday], and even then not fully meaning it or expecting that would be the last time I saw her. But now it will have to do, as we enter this weekend letting her final voyage begin…. I don’t want her in pain. I don’t want her in fear or agony…. So I’m giving her this weekend — take the holiday, Mom, make it yours, let it take you where it will. My final words to her last night were, ‘I’ll see you again.’ And I will, either here or there.”

Best known for her nearly 40-year run on CBS’ Y&R, which launched in 1973, Cooper’s career began in the 1950s with a role in the Western The Redhead from Wyoming. She then launched into a long string of roles on TV anthology series — including ABC’s Crossroads, NBC’s Tales of Wells Fargo and CBS’ Dick Powell’s Zane Grey Theater — and dramas such as The Adventures of Kit Carson, Cheyenne, Wagon Train and multiple appearances on Perry Mason, The Big Valley and Ironside.

On Y&R, Cooper played high society doyenne Katherine Chancellor (as well as, now and again, her lookalike Marge Cotrooke). The actress famously invited the daytime drama to weave in storylines mirroring her own life, including a mid-1980s facelift (the show used footage from Cooper’s actual procedure) and a recurring bout with alcoholism. The character of Kay also crossed over to sister sudser The Bold and the Beautiful for two episodes in 2005.

Over her career, Cooper amassed 10 Daytime Emmy nominations, winning once in 2008 after earning a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004. She also netted two Primetime Emmy nods, including for her turn as son Corbin’s L.A. Law mother.

Cooper took a brief medical leave from Y&R in October 2011, at which time her part was temporarily recast with Michael Learned (The Waltons).

The actress is survived by her three children, Corbin, Colin and Caren.

1. Shari says:

So sad. RIP

• anna says:

Rest in peace dear Jeanne

• cmaglaughlin says:

I’m wondering if the powers that be will re-cast someone to take her place. So many characters in the show revolve around Ms Chancellor. You just can’t show those characters the door! I say “re-cast” with someone in their 60’s and then make her up to be in her 80’s. I’ll be picking my brain to come up with my choice for replacement. What say you, people? Re-cast with whom, or just write her out of the show?

• NO! nobody can play Mrs C as well as she did, and im sure they will lose a lot of viewers now because a lot of people only watched because of Jeanne Cooper, it would be a huge casting mistake to recast.

• Lethalangel says:

I agree, there are some people that just can not be replaced … Jeanne Cooper is one of them !

• eva says:

I agree, there is no one who can take Mrs. C. place and it would be hard for any actress to try and live up to how Jeanne made the character.

• mary.rison@yahoo.com says:

I toatly agree no can replace her someone with a lot of spunk will have big shoes to fill.out mRS C the show will never be the same. Sill be so missed

• Jo keeton says:

Please Do Not recast Mrs. C, No One could take her place. You will loose one viewer for sure if you do. Me

• Peggy Batts says:

Please do not recast this role. The character of Katherine should die as Jeanne Cooper did. No one else can play this role. As much as I loved Michael Learned in The Waltons, I could not bear to see her play Katherine. Do something else, but do not recast this role.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Some roles you simply do not recast. Let’s not go down that path.

• c pel says:

No ONE can replace Ms. C .Do not recast her.Have a service and let it be.

• dee123 says:

Yes. Just do a Sally Spectra.

• Brad says:

Preach it! Ill be damned if I ever see another Katharine Chancellor rips Jill to shreds. No one would be that stupid.

• Jeff says:

I agree, she should not be recast. They need to dedicate a whole episode to her with her funeral so all the costars and fans can say “good bye”. A recast would never work.

• Donna says:

I totally agree! Mrs. C is not someone who can be replaced- of course there is still lots that can be done with her characters – Jill and Cane will have their power struggle- Ester and Jill will always clash- Murphy will just go fishing.

• Anita P says:

Amen Matt I agree there should not go down that path

• Meg says:

I agree totally. I have watched her from the beginning as Mrs Chancellor and nobody can step in there.

• jeri shuler says:

No one can take her place. they should just make it that she pass away on the show. and do a memory thing for her.

• april-ann says:

No, let’s not go down that path. The truth is someone did take her place, just for a moment in time, accomplished actress Michael Learned. But that was different. It was temporary, Jeanne was still alive and it just proved how vital her character was to the storyline and a testament to how well she played Mrs. Chancellor. No one could ever take her place. A fitting tribute is in order. I know I will need my box of kleenex. Rest in peace, Jeanne Cooper. You will always be my favorite Duchess.

• Virgil Williams says:

I agree, no one could replace Mrs.C, a memorial on the show would be a fitting and loving tribute.
            My deepest condolences to her family and her Young and the Restless Family. I too, will miss her.

• jeanette says:

I agree. I grew wup watching her and will miss her.

• Drexie says:

I say give her a wonderful memorial for the wonderful years she has given all of us. She is irreplaceable

• I say,have a break in, at her estate…she gets murdered, there’s a hidden secret …you know,murder mystery,what family member is involved…it could go on for months.

• Cora Macdonald says:

write her out with complications from her brain surgery and let her RIP

• Linda says:

I agree since on the show she had been having some health problems just let it end like it would in real life….she has a stroke and they have to decided whether to take her off life support or not they can drag that out for days but it is believeable and acceptable and not some writers idea of a great plot…let the Duchess leave with her dignity intact!

• betty says:

YES PLEASE DO THAT MAKE IT EASY ON US ALL I HAVE WATCH Y&R SINCE I WAS 8 YEARS OLD OMG !!! I STILL CANT BELIVED THIS
            … :(

• Mona Kaufman says:

I have watched the show for over 30 years and it would not be right to replace Jeanne cooper, “Katherine” with any other actress. Her role should remain with her for all her dedication to Y&R!

• meli says:

I SAY BETTTY WHITE

• chanell c says:

Betty white don’t have the balls ms.c had

• Betty says:

I agree not Betty White, Just have a memorial for with the young and restless team , that would be nice for everyone, R .I.P Jeannie..

• Olivia Seely says:

No Betty White isn’t even close to the lady Jeanne Cooper. That would be a slap in the face.

• cmaglaughlin says:

Soaps are long hours and lots of dialogue to memorize. Betty has earned a rest. Is she still on that Cleveland show?

• CEllis says:

Betty White could be the sister that has come to take her place, since M’s K’s unfortunate demise. Hmmmm.

• Mary says:

Betty White is a good actress, and is great in comedy, but I can’t see her replacing Jeanne Cooper as Katherine.

• c.green says:

I don’t think they should recast her. She was the one and only Ms Chancellor. I hope they let her die of a brain tumor an have a triibute for her on the show. She will be greatly missed.

• cmaglaughlin says:

So, let’s terminate Esther, the housekeeper, Murphy, Katherine’s hubby, Jill(no brainer), and re-write everything in the “can” already, let alone having to re-shoot it. So much Katherine is intertwined with so many characters and plot lines. Remove Katherine, you lose Nikki and Victor’s best friend, you’ve got to bring Tucker out of moth balls to attend the funeral(or have him killed). How can Chancelor Industries survive without Katherine, and Cain at the wheel, who can’t even rule his own house with Lilly desiring Tyler so much lately? Cain would have to find another job and there are none left in Genoa City he hasn’t already worked for or burned bridges! I could go on! I’ve got the answer…just ignore the elephant in the room and bring Patti, the wacko, back!

• april-ann says:

@cmaglaughlin. It doesn’t have to be that way. Y & R is a soap opera. They can write for any character(s) they wish. Besides, I’m sure we can all agree that things are not very fast-moving in Genoa City. Reverberations from Katherine Chancellor’s passing could be felt for literally years and years (and years) if the show chooses. A loving tribute is in order.

• cmaglaughlin says:

@ april-ann,
            Do you really think Jeanne will be watching her “loving tribute”? The show is on a roll. Why interrupt the momentum with sentimentality. I’d think she would agree. The show must go on. Now if it were VICTOR, turn out the lights, the party’s over! “Not very fast moving in Genoa City”? Just count the comings and goings lately! It’s mass hysteria for everyone on staff and the players!

• Kathy Edney says:

Only one lady could play Katherine. I watched her on Y&R for many, many years. She was the greatest actress of all time. I even got my husband to watch the show after his retirement 8 yrs. ago. We miss her so much! She will could never be replaced by any other actress. Comment by K. Edney, Otsego, MI

• Helen K Stoops says:

There could never be a replacement that would do her justice. She must be written off and die in her character. She will never be forgotten she was wonderful. RIP.

• Paula Burton says:

No. She is for sure the one and only Kathrine. She is not replaceable and you can cast whomever you choose and it just wouldn’t work. RIP Jeanne <3

• Doreen says:

No one can ever take her place,she was “One-Of-A-Kind” ! Let Katherine go in Peace as well !

• Jeanette Swinson says:

I Have watched the Young And Restless since it first aired, and i feel so sad that Jeanne Cooper passed away, but i feel the show would not be the same without Mrs. C. with that they should get someone to replace her. R.I.P Jeanne Cooper!

• Elizabeth Scott says:

I say have a memorial for her on the show and let the characters get on with their fictional lives. If someone replaces her what will they do about flashbacks? re-do them? If they must replace her I think Debbie Reynolds would be good in the part; but please don’t replace her!

• Angela says:

this is just an insensitive remark to the family, friends , as well as the cast who worked with Jeanne, She has touched all our lives and we will cherish her years of wisdom, true witt, grit and spirit on Y&R. xox rest in peace

• jackiee says:

WHO EVER SHALL BE PICKED WONT TAKE THE PLACE OF MS JEANNE COOPER MAY SHE R.I.P..

\

• Barb says:

I would say, if they did a re-cast, Have it be Debby Reynolds.

• Renee says:

Michael Learned did a good job last year!

• Arpi Kay says:

Elizabeth Hubberd (Lucinda in ATWT) will be great as Mrs. chancellor in my opinion! If they want to recast the roll that is!

• rubies says:

I, too, would prefer not to have the role recast, but if TPTB absolutely NEED to recast, I agree with you. Hubbard would fit the role as well as possible without being Jeanne Cooper. R.I.P., Mrs. C!

• Mare says:

Jeannie you always were a teriffic actress to me. No one could ever fill your shoes as there will never be anyone else like you. You played Katherine so authentically. I couldn’t,t wait day in and day out to watch you perform. My Mom enjoyed you just as much as I did and now maybe she can say hello and meet you there in heaven. Tell her I miss her so. Jeannie I will think of you often as I will continue to watch Young & the Restless. May you rest in peace and know you are loved. I wish your family all the best in your time of grief. Think of all the good times you shared and that may help.

• Marcus says:

I think she should just be written out the show since she is really dead. Some people are not meant to be replaced and she is one of them. For almost 40 years she has played that part and not be replaced except briefly while being ill, she is Katherine Chancellor. Nobody can play that role with the grace and style she did. I think it would honor her legacy to put the character at rest and not insult her by doing a recast with someone else.

• Dianna Michael says:

NO ONE…but NO ONE could ever replace Jeanne Cooper as Kathryn. She gave birth to the part, nurtured it, raised it to maturity. So let Mrs. C. rest in peace and show the occasional flashback to keep her memory alive.
          I personally will miss her a great deal. I have always admired her for her beauty, her talent, and her eloquence. But above all, she allowed her belief and faith in God to shine through like a beacon. Her family is in my prayers. God Bless you all.

• Jewels says:

Her iconic style and regal beauty will be missed Condolences to Ms. Cooper’s family. She should not be recast let’s honor her memory, I’ve watch Y & R for over 35 years She is our Queen of Daytime.

• sara says:

Please ,no replacement.

• joann says:

No one can ever replace Mrs.C. She is and will always be the original Kathrine Chancellor.
          We love you. Peace to your family,friends,and fans. RIP Kate

• Ann says:

No one can replace her…. It is a sad loss for all… The Young and the Restless will not be the same. To put some else in her place, I’m not sure this would work. I do agree that Ms. Chancellor is the center of several characters in the show. Good luck if they re-cast, I think that person will need prayers and luck to try to attempt to fill the void and shoes of Jeanne Cooper.

• Anita P says:

I think there should just have a funeral for Ms. Chancellor.

• Janie says:

OUT OF RESPECT FOR HER LET HER GO. I KNOW I WON’T WATCH IT ANY MORE IF YOU RECAST SOMEONE ELSE. SOME PEOPLE CAN’T BE REPLACED. I DON’T EVEN LIKE YOUR NEW REPLACEMENTS FOR THE KIDS ON THS SHOW. VICTOR NICKY AND CATHERINE ARE THE SHOW AND THE REASON WE WATCH. PLEASE DON.T MESS IT UP.

• Kay Wood says:

NOBODY CAN REPLACE MRS. C. I’M 44 AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE SHOW SINCE I WAS IN ELAMENTARY. IT WON’T BE THE SAME WITH SOMEONE ELSE PLAYING HER PART. I LOVE AND MISS YOU MRS. C. R.I.P

• Anne Ratkus says:

Mrs. C. (Jeanne Cooper) was a delight. To watch her act on The Young and Restless was so enjoyable. I watch the show daily and loved her clothes and jewels, and the way she wore them, her lines and the way she cleverly delivered them, her laugh, her smile, and her age and the way she elegantly carried it. Surely, she is in heaven now, an angel, still carrying about the cast and her family. Whether or not another actress takes her place is up to the owners and director of the show. However, if they do cast someone in this role, they must make sure the actress is as quick wiited and elegant as Mrs. Chancellor. My sympathy to her family, and to the cast. Remember cast, she was but each one of you are terrific actors and actresses, too. Carry on and continue to make us keep watching. Mrs. C. (Jeanne) will be there with you.

Anne from Vermont

• Cheryl says:

Rest in Peace Jeanne aka Ms. C it won’t be the same without you. I have watched you ever since i can remember and i am now 45yrs old.I used tell my mom what happened on the story when she was at work and now i watch it faithfully and have for years. God Speed to you and your family

• marcy says:

They should bring in a sis no one knew about, make it floe from. The show alice. Make her nice on one side, the devil on the other she comes home when she learns of MRs C death. Xox

• jeri shuler says:

Rest in peace dear lady, i will remember you so offten, as i use to watch the young and the restless when my grandma was a live and i was a little girl. I watch you on many other show’s growing up. I loved your acting. My prayer are with you and your family at this time. May god bless you and take care of you in heaven. and may god watch over your family down here.

• Linne says:

Have watched the show for over 30 years, it’s like a death in the family…will miss her very much, may she rest in peace.

• God please look down on her family and bless them in this time of grief Remember this God has one more Angle in heave and my prayers go out to the family Amen

• JoDee says:

So sad to hear our Jeanne has passed. Thank you for all the great years you brought to Y & R, you will be dearly missed. Prayers to the family.

• THE WORLD OF TELEVISION SOAPS IS IN MOURNING TODAY.A LEGEND AND AN ICON HAS LEFT US.
      JENNY COOPER REST IN PEACE.YOU CAN REST NOW.

• Sheena says:

She looked so much like my mom and everyday I got to see her it was as if I got to see Mama again, I will miss seeing her on Y&R as she and Victor made the show. Katherine you will be sadly missed and irreplaceable…R.I.P. dear lovely lady…

• JEAN says:

SO SAD TO HEAR OF JEANNE COOPER’S PASSING…I LOVED WATCHING HER ON THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS…SHE WILL BE MISSED!!!!….NO OTHER ACTRESS CAN REPLACE HER AS CATHERINE CHANCELLOR

• laurelie says:

REST IN PEACE , JEANNE [ MRS C ] WE WILL MISS YOU ALOT , MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO YOUR FAMILY , THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT YEARS WE HAVE WATCH YOU ON THE Y& R ,,GO ON YOUR JOURNEY AND SEE LOTS , I HAVE WATCH THE Y&R SINCE 1973 I WAS 18, AND I 58 YEARS OLD NOW , I LOVE TO WATCH YOU WITH JILL MADE MY DAY WHEN THE TO OF YOUS WOULD GET INTO IT LOL ,

• R.I.P You will be MISSED ALWAYS!!!!

• monica says:

rest in eternal peace Jeanie :'( u will be missed

• tammy says:

R.I.P YOU ARE GOING TO BE MISS Y@R WILL NOT BE THE SAME AGAIN. THIS BREAKS MY HEART. BUT WE DONT WANT YOU TO SUFFER. PRAYERS GOES OUT TO UR FAMILY MY GOD BLESS U ALL.

• I will miss you so much. I don’t know if I can watch Young and the Restless knowing I won’t see your face or hear your voice. My prayer will be with your family who love you a little more than I :). RIP until we meet face to face on the other side.
      BIGGEST FAN,
      RUTHIE LOVE

• I been watching Mrs Jeanne Cooper for 35years She going miss may God be with the Y & R

• Char says:

May the family be heal by the woman she was to them and her fans over the 30 or more years. I grew up with The Young and Restless. It was not just a Soap Opera with Katherine, but a most realistic few of life with a few twists and turns. I know that Y&R will never be the same with out the Great Actress. God Bless all the casts and employees of Y&R and her fans.

• Shirley quinn says:

I feel as though I have lost a very dear friend, even though I have never met her, god speed jeaine, u will be sorely missed

• aaa bbb says:

She was the reason I watch the show. I’ll miss her!

• Denise says:

She was the best she was the back bone of the Yand R!!She will be sadly missed R.I.P.Jeanne!!:)

• Jeaneen says:

I have been watching Jeanne since I was a little girl. She will truly be missed. RIP

• jerrberr says:

RIP Jeanne Cooper
      I’ve watched the show off and on over the years but very steady over the past 2 years. I’ve grown to love and respect Catherine’s character and believe part of her character was truly the real her. This is like a real family here. When the matriarch passes on to Glory, she/ he is not replaced however someone steps up to the plate to be the strength for that family. In my opinion Jeanne can never be replaced however whose character can be strong enough to step up to the plate to hold Genoa city together and be the matriarch.
      Ill be watching ….tune in

• Rachel says:

There is no capable replacement for Mrs C.!!!! One of a kind!!!! Don’t want to see a replacement just wouldn’t be right when all Y & R fans know she has passed on.

• ROBIANNA LONGEVITY says:

NO MATTER WHAT WE SAY ABOUT THE ROLE OF MS. CHANCELLOR, THESE SOPA OPERA WRITERS ALREADY HAVE THIS TAKEN CARE OF.
      EVEN JC KNEW B4 SHE PASSED AWAY, HOW IT WUD BE WRITTEN IN CASE SHE WOULD EVER SUCUUMB OF HER ILLNESS.
      THESE PEOPLE AREN’T N THE BUSINESS OF BEING WRITERS IF THEY DIDN’T HAVE A
      PLAN 1, 2 or 3 THOUGHT OUT MONTHS OR TEARS AGO WHEN SHE FIRST TOOK ILL AND HAD HER TEMPORARILY REPLACED. THAT WAS A TEST THEY DID THEN, JUST TO C HOW THE VEIWERS WUD TAKE TO A PROXY. NO ONE LIKED IT!
      THE WAY MS. C WALKED UP THOSE STAIRS, WAVING GOOD BYE, SHE KNEW, AND THE WHOLE STAFF KNEW SHE WAS NOT GOING TO B RETURNING, FOR HER FIGHT WITH HER ILLNESS HAD COME TO THE END OF THE ROAD. IM TRULY GRIEVING FOR JEANNE COOPER, THE PERSON, AND ALL HER LIFE ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!! ms. C was just her character! But, MAY SHE, “JEANNE Cooper” forever REST IN PARADISE! …RIP….WE WILL ALL MISS U!!!! …God bless your family!!!!

• ROBIANNA LONGEVITY says:

Rest In Paradise!…R.I.P…MS. JEANNE COOPER!

• nancy says:

Three generations of my family have followed Y&R and to replace Jeanne Cooper with someone else would be an insult to her years of dedication to the show….let her go as she would want…..

• cmaglaughlin says:

I do not agree. A new and different Katherine would be a living legacy to her enormous contribution to the show, a daily reminder of her talent and dedication. Putting her in her grave on the show only does two things: One, it removes a gigantic character for future plot lines, and two, subjects viewers to constant flashbacks. If Victor(Eric Braeden) dies in real life, I say stop the show altogether, because Victor IS the show! Sentimentality is nice, but common sense and logic should prevail.

• Geraldine reid says:

Rest in peace mrs c I have been watching y&r since the first day it aired. Mrs cooper was like my family I loved her an will miss her dearly. God only picks the prettiest roses and she was one she was such a strong lady at her age remembering all her lines. I really admired her I would not replace her just let her go. It time she took her rest Her family,friends,y&r family,fans loved her but god loved her best. I will continue watching the show but it will never be the same without the dutchess love an peace to the family and y&r family.

• Avis says:

She will be missed. My Mama and grandmas loved her in Y&R, Watch since the begin. Now too they have passed. Jeannie will be missed by us and in her role as Katherine. Eternal Rest grant unto her Oh, Lord.

• NURSE AT MRC says:

Y & R WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT THE ONE AND ONLY KATHERINE CHANCELLOR. REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

• Celeste K says:

I have been watching Y&R sice day one…there will be only one Mrs. C and to try and replace her as far as I am concerned would be an insult to the character…there will NEVER be another Katherine Chancellor … So do all us die hard Y & R fans a favour and let the grande dame rest in peace ..,!!!!!!!!!!

• Sherrie Richardson says:

My condolence to the family she was a great actor and she made young and the restless. RIP Ms. Cooper

• LM Perrin says:

Thanks to all the cast of the Y&R for paying such a beautiful tribute to Mrs Chancellor from the Y&R. I have been watching the series for maybe 40 years and have enjoyed it immensely and will miss her big time. She was a very SPECIAL person. Thank you, LMP, Ste. Anne, Manitoba, Canada

2. paul says:

Deeply saddened by the news of Jeanne’s passing. Blessings and prayers sent to her family.

3. Sam says:

I’m so sad! I’ve grown up watching the show so this feels like my grandma dying or something. RIP.

• Tracy Elliott says:

I just said the same thing to my husband. I’ve basically been watching her since birth. Such a sad day, but I’m glad she is at peace with no more pain.

• Carolyn says:

Same here, have been watching Jeanne Cooper since 1974, my entire life! I feel like I’ve lost a family member today. Y & R will never be the same without her, my thoughts & prayers go out to her family, friends, and the rest of the cast at Y&R, as I know she will truly be missed. Rest in peace Jeanne, you will not be forgotten ~ Carolyn

4. Amy says:

RIP a true legend, she was one of the greats. I know some people joke about soap opera acting but back in its prime years ago when soaps started most actors were hired right out of the Theater in NY (not like today were they are either models or have no experience)

5. Seth says:

Rest in peace Mrs. C.

6. Linda says:

This is a sad day.

7. Ashley says:

So sorry to hear of her passing! My prayers go out to her entire family.

8. Y&R just won’t be the same without her.

9. Sherrie says:

:-( RIP Jeanne. We will miss you.

10. jen says:

Rest in peace, and thanks for decafesr of characters I won’t forget.

11. Billie Young says:

SO SO SAD MAY YOU REST IN PEACE JEANNE COOPER ( MRS. C)

12. jen says:

Rest in peace, Mrs. C.

13. Desiree says:

Today America has lost a Mother and a Grandmother to many ppl. My condolences to the Corbin family. My heart is heavy

14. jill says:

You will be sadly missed RIP

15. Judy Ingram says:

I was so sad to hear of her passing only minutes ago. I have watched her for many years. Y&R will never be the same without her. To her family, my thoughts & prayers are with you as you loose this wonderful lady.

16. Helen Carellas says:

So sorry to hear of Jeanne Cooper’s passing. She was one of a kind! I have been watching the show Y & R since it began. Really going to miss her. Prayers and thoughts to the family.

17. R.I.P. and condolences to your family.

18. Barbara Moss says:

R , I P i truly mean this from my heart ,this lady was really a part of my family,i was young and i wanted to be just like her,i allways thought she was so pretty and also i loved her power on the young and restless..i will truly miss this grand person,,,,,,,,,,,

19. You were a wonderful actor and person. My heart breaks that you had to leave us but know someday we will see you again. God bless you and your family. I pray that He gives them the comfort they need to cope with your passing.

• Debbie Ellis says:

My prayers go on to the family n her other family the cast of The Young & Restless because I know they R family to n will miss her deeply R.I.P Debbie ELLIS

20. Debbie says:

RIP. you will be greatly missed.

21. nancy gordon says:

YES, SO SO SAD NEWS THE MORNING, MAY YOU REST IN PEACE JEANNE COOPER(MRS C), OUTSTANDING ACTRESS IN THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, YOU WILL BE TOTALLY MISSED BY ALL OF YOUR FANS AT THAT!!!!!!

22. Edie waters says:

I am so sad to hear of the passing Jeanne cooper my heart is heavy also…she like a part of my family..god bless ..

23. Daniela says:

RIP Jeanne Cooper.

True legend. So sad. Prayers for her family.

• cherylee Becker says:

So sad for the loss of this great star, who was just like family to so many. Our hearts go out to her actual family, as this must be an incredibly difficult time. She was loved.

24. Tom Adams says:

I feel as though I have lost a close member of the family…as Kay would do, show heaven how its done! You will be missed.

25. Tina says:

My heart aches!! My prayers goes out to her family and cast members. Rest n peace!

26. Kelly Theriot says:

I am so very very Sorry to hear, She will be forever Loved and Missed!! God Bless you Mrs C!!!

27. Joe R says:

Truly an icon. There will never be another Jeanne Cooper. Or Kay Chancellor.

28. leroy hyman says:

rest in peace MS “C”

29. tmccoy8832@gmail.com says:

I am so sorry to hear of the lost of Mrs C.. I will miss her.. Prayers to the families and the family of Y&R

30. Dave says:

If you want to appreciate what a great actress Jeanne Cooper was, check out her work on “The Big Valley” with Barbara Stanwyck. I watched the episode this past week and Jeanne was absolutely riveting in her scenes with Ms. Stanwyck. She earned two primetime Emmy nominations in her career, in addition to her 10 nods for her work in daytime, and she deserved every one of them! RIP to an amazing actress.

• Nancy Iden, Forsyth, Mo. says:

I feel like I lost member of my own family! I always read e-books but I had to buy a hardcover edition of Jeanne Cooper’s book and I’m glad I did– I can look at the pictures and remember her always. RIP Mrs.C

• joan cole says:

been watching young and restless since it came on never can replace mrs. c

31. Faith Allen says:

Sad to hear of this ;.( and prayers out to the family. Y n R will never be the same !!!

32. Kelly says:

Such a loss…rest in peace Mrs. C

33. Scott says:

She is a true legend! Beautiful woman on the inside and out. Had the great honor of meeting her. RIP Jeanne! Thank you for for all the timeless scenes on Y & R

34. Evelyn Creppel says:

My Heart Goes Out To Her Family And Friends.I Loved Her Role on Y&R She Will Be Missed By Many Fans And Her Cast Mates RIP Mrs C <3

35. SUSAN NOLEN says:

THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ARE WITH HER FAMILY. U SHALL BE MISSED. LOVE YA !!!!!

36. Carol B says:

RIP Your hard fought battle is over. You brought many hours of great entertainment to a lot of people. Deepest condolences to the families off and on screen.

37. Keri says:

Very sad news. Our family has been watching Mrs. C. for the past 28 years. Y & R will not be the same without her. Our thoughts and prayers to all the family and her extended family on the show.

38. Robin says:

Such sad news. Rest in Peace, Jeanne.

39. Dianna says:

Jeanne you will be greatly missed! My prayers goes out to the family and cast members. May you Rest n peace.

40. Lori says:

All our love and prayers Corbin to you and your family during this time.

41. Rose says:

My heart hurts…RIP Jeanne Cooper. Prayers for the family.

42. Jeff danis says:

As her only neighbors on Edwin, we shared a life and a driveway…
    She was the best next door neighbor anyone could wish for.
    We would always see her car pull up or getting the mail and we would gab for hours in the driveway .
    We loved her rants….
    When we went to her 80th bday party, she made sure our son Joe was in ALL the family photos..we loved her for that.

Jeanie was an original…and she made the cul de sac on Edwin Drive a home for us all>
    It will never be as good..

They don’t make them better than Jeanie..

we will miss her more than you know…

Jeff and Mike

43. Bella says:

My daughter Natalie and I had the Privilage of meeting
    Jeanne Cooper on the Y&R set. My daughter was battling brain cancer and was there to meet Don aka Brad. Jeanne came over and introduced herself and Jill to my daughter saying Jill was the bitch of the show… We all laughed so hard…

RIP ^J^ soaring free on the wing of love…

44. Tami Shope says:

IT WAS A HONOR TO HAVE MEET WHEN YOU VISITED OHIO A FEW YEARS AGO AND THERE HAS BEEN FIVE GENERATION IN MY FAMILY THAT HAVE WATCH YOU FROM START TO THE END ..R.I.P JEANNE ….YOU WILL BE MISSED DEARLY ..MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HER FAMILY .. I KNOW WHAT THIER FEELING… MY FATHER PASSED AWAY ON EASTER AT 78

45. Mary Rickman says:

God has gained another angel, My prayers are with the family.

• Yvonne H says:

RIP… She has been like a grandma to me / are garndma you wish you had. She will be truly missed. Prayers to the family.

46. Veronica Reid. says:

My heart goes out th her family. I just know she is entertaining the Angels in Heaven now. Thank you Katherine for the laughters and the tears i have been watching you for the last 38 years i will missed you. You are a true legend. I really loved you.

47. Bb says:

This is so sad. She was an exceptional actress and will truly be missed.

48. Engbunny says:

Rest in Peace Jeanne. You were amazing and will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to her children.

49. Sandra Norman says:

She will truly be missed may she rest in peace

50. Bobbie says:

May God bless and comfort the family and cast. A great lady and actress. Rip in peace Jenna. You will always be remembered..

• Alexa says:

I am saddened with the news of Jeannie Cooper (Mrs. C) you will be missed, Rest in Peace Grande dame of the Y & R . You will never be forgotten. In hearts always