Exclusive The Killing Season 3 First Look: Linden and Holder Know the Kids Aren't All Right

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

The Killing‘s Linden and Holder are back on duty on June 2 (AMC, 8/7c), and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the powerful pair’s third season — as well as a visual hint at the new case that will consume them.

In the photo below, Mireille Enos‘ Sarah Linden and Joel Kinnaman‘s Stephen Holder stare stalwartly into the distance while a group of street kids (new cast members Cate Sproule, Max Fowler, Julia Sarah Stone and Bex Taylor Klaus) hang out in the background.

RELATED | Scoop: Peter Saarsgard Joins The Killing

We know that the revived drama will pick up a year after the Rosie Larsen case closes, when Holder’s search for a runaway girl leads to a string of murders related to an investigation from Linden’s past. Might someone in this blurry group of teens have some insight into the newest mystery?

Take a good look at the pic, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

The Killing Season 3 Spoilers

Tags: ,

Comments (33)

• Holder looks better than ever!

Comment by Columbus – May 7, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best TV duo! <3

Comment by Cherry – May 7, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holder looks like the new boss!

Comment by Till – May 7, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s nice to see Holder not looking like a skateboarder! :)

Comment by Kim R – May 7, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope the showrunners don’t screw up this season.

Comment by SAM – May 7, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Holder looks very nice there.

Comment by Brooke – May 7, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! So ready for Joel Kinnaman to be back on my TV weekly!

Comment by Aprilcot – May 7, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy it’s coming back!

Comment by Jen – May 7, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holder does look more handsome than ever. I am looking forward to the return. I like both characters a lot. The show atmosphere is great, hope it moves forward. I’m so glad this show is still alive.

Comment by bobbie – May 7, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great decision to bring this back! Enos and Kinnaman have such great chemistry together. Let’s just hope the showrunners cut down a bit on the torrential downpours. More of the gentle mists, please!

Comment by queerbec – May 7, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha….I had already commented above but I was thinking, “please don’t let it rain so much.” It was so depressing!

Comment by Kim R – May 7, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s in seattle…. ever been to seattle? It rains, a lot. Can’t wait, rain or no rain!

Comment by Angie – May 8, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But I love the melancholy vibe the rain brings to the show.

Comment by Mari – May 7, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy they are back!

Comment by Becky – May 7, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The previews for The Killing look awesome. I’ve seen them watching Mad Men. Agree with other commenters that Holder looks great. He & Linden are a good team. Can’t wait for the new season!

Comment by DanielleZ – May 7, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad this show is coming back on!!!

Comment by Travis B. – May 7, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • welcome back

Comment by danny yuen – May 7, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank heaven for Holder’s shoes, otherwise I’d think he’s gone over to the dark side! Wonder if the whole “manager” look will remain or if it’s just a passing fad with him. Have to say he looks great!

Comment by arial2 – May 7, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love themmmm!!!! Im glad they are back!!!

Comment by Diana – May 7, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love seeing Holder in a suit! Can’t wait for this new season. I’m so happy they’re bringing the show back. It’s such a good show.

Comment by kim – May 8, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t be depressed about the rain. I lived in Seattle for 17 years and saw much worse rain than they feature on the show. It is realistic, and I like to tell myself “I don’t live there anymore!! YEA!……….

Comment by Roger Miller – May 9, 2013 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hell yeah i am glad that they are going to have a 3rd season

Comment by Recca Woodruff – May 9, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my God I need some more Holder in my life.

Comment by Sarah – May 9, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They remind me of Mulder and Scully…very good chemistry between the two actors.

Comment by Amy – May 9, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was the best series I had seen in a while!

Comment by Lisa – May 9, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited to see them both back in Season 3!! This is by far my favorite show. They work so well together!

Comment by Megan – May 9, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’M JUST HAPPY THERE COMING BACK! CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON!

Comment by RENA – May 9, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Linden’s got wings! Best show. Really, really glad they’re back!!

Comment by Grace – May 10, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like what looks like angel wings behind Linden.

Comment by Dawn – May 10, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enos!!!!!!

Comment by helles – May 11, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enos is back. Can not wait!!!

Comment by shelle – May 11, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in Seattle and it doesn’t rain as much as people believe. We have just had over two weeks of no cloud, blue sky 70 – 80 degree weather. This happens alot here and it is one of the best kept secrets around. As for the show, I was hooked from the first episode. Just wish it was filmed in Seattle, not just canned shots every so often. So glad they decided to bring it back and am hoping that it is able to continue for a long time. Can’t wait for June 2nd.

Comment by Everett – May 11, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was getting worried because my dvr is still recording old eps! I am thrilled that this show was saved. This duo has some awesome chemistry and I’m glad to see Holder in a suit. WOW! I hadn’t noticed the wings behind Linden and I wonder if it portends a death? I certainly hope not hers, buf maybe someo e close to her.

Comment by Angela – May 14, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post