TVLine Items: Michael C. Hall's Post-Dexter Plans, OLTL Vets' New GH Characters Revealed & More!

Michael C Hall Post Dexter ProjectMichael C. Hall is living the American Dream with his first post-Dexter gig.

The actor is teaming with Showtime to develop a project based on the Matthew Specktor novel American Dream Machine, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Set in both the 1970s and present-day Hollywood, the story centers on a talent agent and his troubled sons.

RELATED | Dexter Season 8 Spoilers — Yvonne Strahovski Returning for Final Season

Hall will act as executive producer and may join the cast in a supporting role should Showtime greenlight the pilot. Dexter showrunner Scott Buck, meanwhile, will supervise the script, which Specktor will pen.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Gone are the days of Todd and Starr Manning and John McBain! One Life to Live vets Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson make their triumphant returns to General Hospital this week — but you might not recognize them. Press PLAY below for a peek at the trio’s new Port Charles alter egos (who all have fab new ‘dos!), then hit the comments: Are you digging their makeovers?

RELATED | Prospect Park Sues ABC Over AMC and OLTL Licensing, Alleges Sabotage

• Starz announced Tuesday that its new Michael Bay-produced drama Black Sails will bow in January 2014. A prequel of sorts to Treasure Island, the pirate adventure is set 20 years prior to the Robert Louis Stevenson classic and centers on Captain Flint (Toby Stephens, the UK’s Vexed), the most feared pirate captain of his day, as he adds to his crew a fast-talking upstart named… John Silver (played by Luke Arnold). Take a peek below at the series’ key art.

Black Sails Starz Poster

• TVLine has learned exclusively that veteran actor Fred Dryer (Hunter) will play Holly’s boss in an upcoming episode of The Exes.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Teag says:

It’d be weird seeing Michael C Hall on a network comedy.

2. Esaul says:

I love the key art. Too bad January is a bit of a wait.

3. Sara says:

I am so sad Dexter is ending! So many seasons, and I still love how freakin’ good the show still is!

4. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

OMFG. WTF have they done to Roger Howarth’s HAIR? It’s like N’Sync threw up on his head.

5. Jen says:

Can another commenter who has access to the video please share which characters the OLTL folks will be playing? Please and thank you! :)

• meme says:

The video doesn’t identify their characters, just shows them. NotTodd has shorter hair with blond highlights, NotStarr has brown hair, and NotMcBain has short hair.

• Jen says:

Thank you! I laughed out loud at my desk in work to NotTodd, etc. I’m so curious as to what their characters will be. I hope Roger Howarth’s character has the same snark and sense of humor. Thanks again!

• Lyndsey says:

Is it short hair or a ponytail? It looked pulled back to me but I could be wrong.

6. Gillain says:

I love you guys at TV Line but the headline misleads. Where in this video does it reveal who the notOLTL/nowGH3 will be playing? Black Sails looms amazing!

7. Nina says:

Not!Starr still looks good with her new do. Can’t say the same about the other two. Gonna suck seeing not!todd and not!starr acting like they’re not father-daughter. Boo.

• Jen says:

Agreed about them not playing father/daughter. My biggest bummer about this is that there’s no more Todd Manning in my life, and the next is that they won’t be father/daughter. I always loved that the Starr character aged at the right pace and seem to have an almost-real relationship with her on screen parents. Oh well, I still can’t wait to see who they turn up as on GH.

• Someone says:

You can still see Todd Manning on the new OLTL on Hulu and iTunes daily.

• Jen says:

I mean RH’s Todd Manning and he’s only on it for a bit. I gave the reboot a chance, but didn’t love it.

• Dan says:

Actually no he’s doing both shows…. he’s sticking around Llanview for good. So we’ll be seeing him around Port Charles as a Quartermaine and on Hulu as Todd.

• Someone Else says:

I tried and lasted a week. The new OLTL is poorly written and is missing the heart and emotion of the old OLTL. I wish it was written better. It used to be my favorite soap but I want to remember the show as it once was – brilliant.

8. NotStarr is totally going to be the new “Quartermaine” — Maybe John Easton is going to be NuJason.

• Someone says:

I don’t think NotStarr will be the new Quartermaine, I’m sure they want to pair her with Michael again and if they do that notStarr and Michael would be related.

9. Tim says:

ABC is so screwed with this…give them back to OLTL.

10. Alan says:

I wonder if Michael Easton is back on GH as Caleb then??? Since it seemed they left that door open just so they probably don’t have to start from scratch. Curious to see if Kristen and Roger’s new characters will be father- daughter again or completely unconnected.

• Meg says:

I read somewhere that his new character might be related to Stephen Clay/Caleb or something. Guess we’ll find out soon enough!

11. Mart says:

Rumor has it that Kristen will now play Serena Scott Baldwins daughter, Roger will be a new Quartermaine (maybe the missing one who knows) and Michael is suppose to play the brother of the guy who thought was a vampire and is suppose to fight for custody of his nephew.

• lll says:

I also heard about Serena Baldwin for Kristen, but I also heard of Lauren Frank, the missing Quartermaine heir. I heard Roger might be a Quartermaine, but I also heard on Wikipedia (take that with a grain of salt) that he will be Robert Frank–the new Franco.

• ShanyLu says:

I’m thinking Kristen will be Serena, since if shes Lauren Frank she would be related to Michael and I would assume they will want to pair them up again.

12. longchamp uk says:

Kate use white suit which has a brief part of compact black leggings to go with Kate Moss for Longchamp Gloucester cylinder black leather bag. Gloucester cylinder handbag,Rock ‘n’ Casual – shows Kate dress kind of easy, normal, but pay attention to compact details. Inspired by the wide width model of Division of Science and hefty metal ring which has a retro wooden box, it passed out practical spirit in the retro real. It neatly use of the normal wax surface treatment method cow leather in four designs with wealthy shade which adds a sense of shade. You’ll find traditional black, pale gray sky deal and tan and Kate’s preferred vivid red, which was also decorated with zebra black cow style calf leather piping of limited edition, reflecting Kate loving the daring animal shaped striae bile style and design. “I like the bag is comfy and light, and I constantly fill total in the bag, if your bag itself is too hefty, I would not carry it”

13. Johne635 says:

is elocon a steroid cream dedecebffdgf