New Girl Exclusive First Look: The Morning After

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

new girl jess nick sexAs singer-actress Maureen McGovern once opined, there’s got to be a morning after. And where New Girl‘s freshly-sexed Nick and Jess are concerned, you just know it’s got to be messy.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on New Girl, Castle, Revenge and More of Your Favorite Series

In next Tuesday’s episode of Fox’s comedy hit, Nick and Jess’ post-coital afterglow is darkened when her pop (the returning Rob Reiner) shows up on her doorstep unannounced. “They haven’t even had a chance to talk about it,” notes Reiner in the following sneak peek, “and then all of a sudden the father is thrust into the situation.”

As an added complication, Jess forbids Nick from breathing a word of their base-rounding rendezvous to her overprotective pa. “Keep your mouth shut,” she orders her lover. “He can never find out about this because he will kill you.”

Ah, well, the best laid plans…

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Favorite Series

Press PLAY below for an exclusive preview of Daddy Day’s reaction to the “new” guy in his little girl’s life, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Do you think Nick and Jess are doomed?

Comments (60)

• A really annoying lady just said ‘This content is unavailable’ :(:(:(

Comment by Sarahii – May 3, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same thing!!!! Worst sentence ever :(

Comment by Mel – May 3, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then I’m not even going to try, being from Canada I wont see it

Comment by Sasha – May 3, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, why why why would you keep posting things us non americans are not allowed to see, kinda mean.

Comment by Lee – May 3, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not TV Line’s fault. An AMERICAN network is posting the video and probably has to geolock it because of legal obligations. Then TV Line’s posting the video and I don’t know why you guys would expect them to not share it with their home country/millions of people who can see it.

Comment by B – May 3, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THIS. Thank you. As much as I wish international people could see the video, it’s not TVLine’s fault that Fox (and American network) has restricted viewing access to an American audience. It might not feel fair, but it’s how it is.

Comment by Jane – May 3, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • We can see things from Fox on their YT page for example, these specific clips that tvline posts we can’t. They could choose to publish thing we all can see.. they choose not to. I’ll find it on YT tomorrow, it just annoying.

Comment by tess – May 3, 2013 11:35 AM PDT
    • Darn it, me too… There are people OUTSIDE of the US, you know! It would be nice for EVERYONE to be able to see the video!

Comment by Liz – May 3, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • if you have Firefox or Google Chrome you can download Media Hint and it allows you to watch content from the USA! I just discovered it and it’s amazing! :)

Comment by Vanessa – May 3, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THANK YOU SO MUCH VANESSA. YOU’RE A LIFESAVER.

Comment by Michelle – May 3, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I… I just love you (no homo…well, maybe a little)

Comment by Klaudia – May 3, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Um did you just seriously write “no homo”? What a rude, idiotic, ignorant phrase.

Comment by Mark222 – May 3, 2013 04:33 PM PDT
          • We can we block this homophobic moron???

Comment by Yeahcanwe... – May 3, 2013 04:43 PM PDT
        • Love you

Comment by MeL – May 3, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There should be a like button here, like on facebook! Or better yet a love button :)

Comment by Ellinor – May 3, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • you’re the best!!!!!!

Comment by Silly – May 3, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amazing!! Thank you from UK!

Comment by Ami19 – May 3, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Vanessa, thank you so much! I now won’t feel like a lonely Aussie outsider not being able to view content :) I tip my hat to you :)

Comment by Karen Mcg – May 3, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh my fricken word! i bloomin love you (just thought you should know)

Comment by nicole – May 3, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you soo much!! it really works!!

Comment by cyn – May 3, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are you sure this is not illegal?

Comment by bell – May 7, 2013 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All I get is an arrow going endlessly around and around and around. Not even “This content is unavailable.”

Comment by JW – May 3, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it wrong that I tend to love all the wierd, adorkable characters out there?

Nick, Seth (the OC) Finn (cause lets face it he is) and a lots of others.

Comment by Sasha – May 3, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not at all! They’re just quirkier and therefore more lovable :p

Comment by Britt – May 3, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROB REINER. I mean, I’m actually really excited about Nick/Jess but the point right now remains Rob Reiner.

Comment by Avi Sotonzadeh – May 3, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every comedy on TV should have Rob Reiner doing a pop in. He is the best and can really steal a scene. As far as Nick & Jess, in this crazy world of constant angst, if we can’t provide a little quirky happiness to two of TV’s best characters we are in a pretty sad state.

Comment by Frank – May 3, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a grown-up but this show and those two are making me feel like a pre-teen at a Bieber concert. I have been re-watching season 1 and season 2 looking at the signs and the laying of the ground work for Jess and Nick…I can’t handle the feels! I think this summer hiatus might kill me.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – May 3, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Soooooooo glad I’m not the only one!! I am going to go CRAZY during summer hiatus!!!

Comment by Britt – May 3, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m an older New Girl fan too and this show and the Nick and Jess relationship is doing the same thing to me! Certainly the writers wouldn’t upset us all and not let them be a couple?! I am worried about that. But yes, the hiatis is going to kill us all!

Comment by julscaks – May 3, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m the same way!! I still have the first kiss episode saved on my DVR and I go back and re-watch the last five minutes every once in a while. That might make me a perv, but I’m ok with that.

Comment by Jen – May 3, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well if that makes you a perv, then so am I because I still have it on my DVR and I still go back and watch it too…fairly frequently :)

Comment by Heather – May 3, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too. My kids are sick of hearing about New Girl

Comment by amyhorsfall52 – May 3, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh thank god I’m not the only one. Hubby even knows it might end in divorce if he deletes it! lol

Seriously though, that kiss was the stuff of legends!

Comment by Oshi – May 13, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where have you found Season 1? I can’t find it anywhere — been re-watching season 2 and also just discovered fan fiction. And I am a grown woman as well

Comment by Shannon – May 3, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Target has Season 1 and try ebay

Comment by Amy H – May 3, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m older too, and I can’t get enough of this show. It’s just so authentic, and the writers have done a spectacular job this season, especially developing Nick’s character. I also have read the fan fiction, which makes me feel silly admitting that fact, but it is what it is. I even subscribed to HULU so I could just watch the episodes over and over. I can’t believe how much story line they are going to get in these last 2 episodes. Really looking forward to the next two weeks.

Comment by R – May 3, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Does HULU do the whole season 2?

Comment by amyhorsfall52 – May 3, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amazon instant video has it. Each episode costs 2-3 dollars.

Comment by Courtney E – May 4, 2013 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • im 18 – but i feel you! normally i laugh at the fan girl types – but i’ve literally become obsessed with these characters – i want my own nick miller :)

Comment by nicole – May 3, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope not alone..I’m a grown up and I feel like a 12 year old with a major crush. I don’t know what to do with all my feelings over these two fictional characters.

Comment by J – May 3, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show is quickly becoming an addiction, I can’t stop watching it i’ve re watched season one and two like two times in the last week, sad i know. Jess and Nick are complete opposites and common sense would dictate that they’re relationship would fail, and fail hard. But that’s what makes them so fun to watch, and at the end of the day they’re good for each other. I hope it works out, but am not counting on it, at least this early in the series.

Comment by James – May 3, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that a relationship between complete opposites is bound to fail. My hubby and I are opposite but we work (for 22 years now) because through our differences, we balance each other and broaden each others horizons. I think Nick and Jess can work, so long as the characters strive towards understanding each other. This is a comedy, though, so the writers might accentuate the differences for laughs. However, if they split up Nick and Jess, none of us will be laughing, I’m sure!

Comment by zaza – May 3, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all, Rob Reiner is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Second, I agree with a previous poster that I REALLY want these characters to start having a relationship that takes us back to more of their fantastic COMEDY. They DESERVE it!! They are hilarious together and there is so much opportunity for great, light-hearted storylines as they continue to fall in love. I have such high hopes for the Season 3 to start fresh with them being their crazy, quirky selves TOGETHER.

Comment by R – May 3, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Rob Reiner! That said, I feel so sad seeing Bob Day telling Nick that he’s not good enough. I don’t want anyone saying that to Nick. I am very protective of him.

Comment by Lecholls – May 3, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the same way! I’m like, don’t tell Nick that, he’s going to respond so badly!!

Comment by the girl – May 3, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The funny thing about that statement, to me anyway, was that during the Thanksgiving episode all I could think about was how similar Nick and Jess’s Dad are. I thought that must be intentional because for whatever stupid reason, women are often drawn to men with personalities similar to their father’s if they’re close with their Dads. And considering that Jess’s personality is similar to her mother’s, I thought they really laid the groundwork well to establish that Jess and Nick are likely to have the same kind of dysfunctional relationship her parents have…and establishing that they’ll have to work hard to not wind up in that same kind of strange relationship that her parents have.

Comment by JLK – May 3, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am completely and utterly addcited to this show. I love Nick and Jess as a couple and I’m not happy the writers are so down on Nick’s character. He’s not that much of a mess up and I feel that Nick and Jess are falling in love. Rob Reiner is so great but Papa Day is wrong. Nick is perfect for Jess and Jess is perfect for Nick.

Comment by J – May 3, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “This content is unavailable” – I guess I should go back to Narnia…

Comment by Alessandra Vianna – May 3, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You could just change your DNS to an american number and *BAM* you can watch all this stuff and even use american netflix.

Comment by Jeffrey – May 3, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the greatest classic comedies of all time was I Love Lucy. The writers just let Lucy & Desi play off of each other. The writers didn’t need any plot devices where they threw in road blocks between them, it just wasn’t necessary. Here, Zooey & Jake have a lot of Lucy & Desi in them. Their on screen chemistry reminds me so much of Lucy & Desi. So, hopefully the writers won’t need to throw in plot devices and just give us the incredible comedic opportunities that having them together brings to the show.

Comment by Frank – May 3, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not located out of the US and I still can’t see anything after I hit PLAY. What’s wrong?!

Comment by BLV – May 3, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t play it either. :( I’m smack dab in the middle of the US. The arrow just keeps spinning. Dying of anticipation!

Comment by Kate – May 3, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i kinda understand that whole bod day not approving nick …. because every father never thinks anyone is good enough for their daughter, but a lot fans forget that bob day is this grumpy sad guy, and that he has been gong through a lot lately…. but what gives me peace of mind is that he actually approves of them eventually.. because on the promo pics to the finale he doesnt not mind them together at all …. i love ness so much is sad

Comment by stephanie – May 3, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this clip, and I hope they let Nick and Jess try to make a go of it. The funniest thing on this clip is when Mr. Day tells Winston he shouldn’t eat all the cake, and he throws his fork…too funny.

Comment by Angel – May 3, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New girl and rob reiner (who directed my favourite ever movie ‘when harry met sally’) = amazing! This show just gets me

Comment by nicole – May 3, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They better not be doomed! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jess and Nick together and have said it from the first show. They will be together, it will be epic and they will live happily ever after…. if it doesn’t work I won’t watch any more…. plain and simple….

Comment by Meaghan Mcirvin – May 3, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best relationships start out as friends.

Comment by amyhorsfall52 – May 3, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nice

Comment by muhammad kamram – May 26, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on
    blogs I stumbleupon every day. It’s always exciting to read through articles from other authors and practice a little something from other websites.

Comment by Funny Video – June 21, 2013 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but good topic.

I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.

Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my
    mission.