Exclusive

New Girl Exclusive First Look: The Morning After

new girl jess nick sexAs singer-actress Maureen McGovern once opined, there’s got to be a morning after. And where New Girl‘s freshly-sexed Nick and Jess are concerned, you just know it’s got to be messy.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on New Girl, Castle, Revenge and More of Your Favorite Series

In next Tuesday’s episode of Fox’s comedy hit, Nick and Jess’ post-coital afterglow is darkened when her pop (the returning Rob Reiner) shows up on her doorstep unannounced. “They haven’t even had a chance to talk about it,” notes Reiner in the following sneak peek, “and then all of a sudden the father is thrust into the situation.”

As an added complication, Jess forbids Nick from breathing a word of their base-rounding rendezvous to her overprotective pa. “Keep your mouth shut,” she orders her lover. “He can never find out about this because he will kill you.”

Ah, well, the best laid plans…

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Favorite Series

Press PLAY below for an exclusive preview of Daddy Day’s reaction to the “new” guy in his little girl’s life, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Do you think Nick and Jess are doomed?

1. Sarahii says:

A really annoying lady just said ‘This content is unavailable’ :(:(:(

2. Sasha says:

Is it wrong that I tend to love all the wierd, adorkable characters out there?

Nick, Seth (the OC) Finn (cause lets face it he is) and a lots of others.

3. ROB REINER. I mean, I’m actually really excited about Nick/Jess but the point right now remains Rob Reiner.

4. Frank says:

Every comedy on TV should have Rob Reiner doing a pop in. He is the best and can really steal a scene. As far as Nick & Jess, in this crazy world of constant angst, if we can’t provide a little quirky happiness to two of TV’s best characters we are in a pretty sad state.

5. bluebonnetbelle says:

I am a grown-up but this show and those two are making me feel like a pre-teen at a Bieber concert. I have been re-watching season 1 and season 2 looking at the signs and the laying of the ground work for Jess and Nick…I can’t handle the feels! I think this summer hiatus might kill me.

• Britt says:

Soooooooo glad I’m not the only one!! I am going to go CRAZY during summer hiatus!!!

• julscaks says:

I’m an older New Girl fan too and this show and the Nick and Jess relationship is doing the same thing to me! Certainly the writers wouldn’t upset us all and not let them be a couple?! I am worried about that. But yes, the hiatis is going to kill us all!

• Jen says:

I’m the same way!! I still have the first kiss episode saved on my DVR and I go back and re-watch the last five minutes every once in a while. That might make me a perv, but I’m ok with that.

• Heather says:

Well if that makes you a perv, then so am I because I still have it on my DVR and I still go back and watch it too…fairly frequently :)

• Oshi says:

Oh thank god I’m not the only one. Hubby even knows it might end in divorce if he deletes it! lol

Seriously though, that kiss was the stuff of legends!

• Shannon says:

Where have you found Season 1? I can’t find it anywhere — been re-watching season 2 and also just discovered fan fiction. And I am a grown woman as well

• R says:

I’m older too, and I can’t get enough of this show. It’s just so authentic, and the writers have done a spectacular job this season, especially developing Nick’s character. I also have read the fan fiction, which makes me feel silly admitting that fact, but it is what it is. I even subscribed to HULU so I could just watch the episodes over and over. I can’t believe how much story line they are going to get in these last 2 episodes. Really looking forward to the next two weeks.

• nicole says:

im 18 – but i feel you! normally i laugh at the fan girl types – but i’ve literally become obsessed with these characters – i want my own nick miller :)

• J says:

Nope not alone..I’m a grown up and I feel like a 12 year old with a major crush. I don’t know what to do with all my feelings over these two fictional characters.

6. James says:

this show is quickly becoming an addiction, I can’t stop watching it i’ve re watched season one and two like two times in the last week, sad i know. Jess and Nick are complete opposites and common sense would dictate that they’re relationship would fail, and fail hard. But that’s what makes them so fun to watch, and at the end of the day they’re good for each other. I hope it works out, but am not counting on it, at least this early in the series.

• zaza says:

I don’t think that a relationship between complete opposites is bound to fail. My hubby and I are opposite but we work (for 22 years now) because through our differences, we balance each other and broaden each others horizons. I think Nick and Jess can work, so long as the characters strive towards understanding each other. This is a comedy, though, so the writers might accentuate the differences for laughs. However, if they split up Nick and Jess, none of us will be laughing, I’m sure!

7. R says:

First of all, Rob Reiner is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Second, I agree with a previous poster that I REALLY want these characters to start having a relationship that takes us back to more of their fantastic COMEDY. They DESERVE it!! They are hilarious together and there is so much opportunity for great, light-hearted storylines as they continue to fall in love. I have such high hopes for the Season 3 to start fresh with them being their crazy, quirky selves TOGETHER.

8. Lecholls says:

I love Rob Reiner! That said, I feel so sad seeing Bob Day telling Nick that he’s not good enough. I don’t want anyone saying that to Nick. I am very protective of him.

• the girl says:

I feel the same way! I’m like, don’t tell Nick that, he’s going to respond so badly!!

• JLK says:

The funny thing about that statement, to me anyway, was that during the Thanksgiving episode all I could think about was how similar Nick and Jess’s Dad are. I thought that must be intentional because for whatever stupid reason, women are often drawn to men with personalities similar to their father’s if they’re close with their Dads. And considering that Jess’s personality is similar to her mother’s, I thought they really laid the groundwork well to establish that Jess and Nick are likely to have the same kind of dysfunctional relationship her parents have…and establishing that they’ll have to work hard to not wind up in that same kind of strange relationship that her parents have.

9. J says:

I am completely and utterly addcited to this show. I love Nick and Jess as a couple and I’m not happy the writers are so down on Nick’s character. He’s not that much of a mess up and I feel that Nick and Jess are falling in love. Rob Reiner is so great but Papa Day is wrong. Nick is perfect for Jess and Jess is perfect for Nick.

10. Alessandra Vianna says:

“This content is unavailable” – I guess I should go back to Narnia…

11. Jeffrey says:

You could just change your DNS to an american number and *BAM* you can watch all this stuff and even use american netflix.

12. Frank says:

One of the greatest classic comedies of all time was I Love Lucy. The writers just let Lucy & Desi play off of each other. The writers didn’t need any plot devices where they threw in road blocks between them, it just wasn’t necessary. Here, Zooey & Jake have a lot of Lucy & Desi in them. Their on screen chemistry reminds me so much of Lucy & Desi. So, hopefully the writers won’t need to throw in plot devices and just give us the incredible comedic opportunities that having them together brings to the show.

13. BLV says:

I’m not located out of the US and I still can’t see anything after I hit PLAY. What’s wrong?!

14. Kate says:

Can’t play it either. :( I’m smack dab in the middle of the US. The arrow just keeps spinning. Dying of anticipation!

15. stephanie says:

i kinda understand that whole bod day not approving nick …. because every father never thinks anyone is good enough for their daughter, but a lot fans forget that bob day is this grumpy sad guy, and that he has been gong through a lot lately…. but what gives me peace of mind is that he actually approves of them eventually.. because on the promo pics to the finale he doesnt not mind them together at all …. i love ness so much is sad

16. Angel says:

I loved this clip, and I hope they let Nick and Jess try to make a go of it. The funniest thing on this clip is when Mr. Day tells Winston he shouldn’t eat all the cake, and he throws his fork…too funny.

17. nicole says:

New girl and rob reiner (who directed my favourite ever movie ‘when harry met sally’) = amazing! This show just gets me

18. They better not be doomed! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jess and Nick together and have said it from the first show. They will be together, it will be epic and they will live happily ever after…. if it doesn’t work I won’t watch any more…. plain and simple….

19. amyhorsfall52 says:

The best relationships start out as friends.

20. muhammad kamram says:

nice

21. Funny Video says:

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on
    blogs I stumbleupon every day. It’s always exciting to read through articles from other authors and practice a little something from other websites.

22. Sugar Floss says:

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but good topic.

I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.

Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my
    mission.