Vampire Diaries Recap: Let the Sunshine In

Vampire Diaries Season 4 RecapOn Thursday’s Vampire Diaries, torture fails to get Elena to turn her humanity back on, so Damon and Stefan come up with a surprising — and deadly — alternative.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including The Vampire Diaries, Castle, How I Met Your Mother, Glee and More!

The elder Salvatore starts off the episode by getting into Elena’s head and trying to paint her a picture of the happy graduating high schooler experience she’s missing. She senses that something is off because she doesn’t want to be there. After that fails, the Salvatores turn to torture, letting the sun shine on a daylight ring-free Elena. But the vamp kind of beats them at their own game. First, she goes for their emotional jugular. Naturally, she brings up her break-up with Stefan, while basically telling Damon that being sired to him was the pits. She also verbally attacks Caroline when she tries to interfere with Damon and Stefan’s extreme measures. Elena calls her a needy clinger who drove both her boyfriends, Tyler and Klaus, out of town. Ouch.

“No one likes a tease,” says the girl who’s teased two Salvatores for four seasons.

Caroline’s response: “Do whatever you have to do.”

But Elena’s caught onto the fact that the brothers will never truly let her get hurt, so she’s got nothing to be afraid of. She proves it by setting herself on fire by way of sunlight. As expected, Damon and Stefan extinguish the flames. So the boys are left to call in the one person who will have no problem inflicting pain on her and who is responsible for Elena’s misery: Katherine. At first, the torture session is going well, but then Katherine decides she’d rather see Elena ravage an orphanage and leaves her cellar door open. She’s now on the loose in the woods and hungry, and who should appear but her blood bank Matt. She starts feeding on him until Damon and Stefan arrive at the scene. The former threatens to kill her oldest friend if she doesn’t flip her humanity switch.

“You’re bluffing,” Elena replies, after which Damon snaps Matt’s neck! Admit it, you gasped along with Elena. That finally does the trick as the emotionless vamp is overcome with tears. While she’s reeling at the idea that Matt is really a goner, Damon reveals that her pal is wearing the Gilbert ring. Phew!

Overwhelmed by her feelings, Elena tells them, “The pain’s still there. The grief and the shame.” And the pink streaks, too.

Stefan instructs her to focus on the one thing that makes her want to live, and she’s found it: Killing Katherine.

Elsewhere in the episode:

– Matt and Rebekah bond when she offers to help him study. The boy is failing, like, three classes because having supernatural friends is very distracting. Caroline gets in on it, too, rushing off to grab her flashcards. “You dated that?” Rebekah asks. Matt: “She likes projects.” The Original initially offers to compel him good grades and a scholarship because everyone needs an advantage. But this is Matt, so she agrees to help him the old-fashioned way and to spend every day until graduation paying him back for making her better. She also reveals, “Anyone who leaves you behind is a fool. I wouldn’t.” So you say now, Rebekah, but come fall

– Caroline is haunted by Silas, who appears to her as Klaus and Matt. He threatens to kill her mom if she doesn’t find him Bonnie, who’s in hiding. Silas impersonates Sheriff Forbes, leaving the real one dead on the floor. Caroline manages to save her, but not before promising that if she wakes up, she’ll get her out of town and find her a nice man. Maybe in New Orleans?

– Bonnie and Katherine make a deal: Kat hands over Silas’ tombstone, and Bonnie will speak to the witch Qetsiyah about making her truly immortal. That’s definitely going to come in handy now that Elena is hellbent on destroying her.

Vampire Diaries fans, what did you think of the episode’s two almost-deaths? Are you rooting for Elena or Katherine? And do Rebekah and Matt just need to get it on already?

1. Esther says:

I dont understand why people still watching this show, this season hasn’t been as good as others. Oh well just my humble opinion.

• Bon says:

People have different tastes some really like this season too.
      I don’t really love it but l love some of the episodes.
      So bad season with some good episodes that are really good example this episode was great all the regular characters had something to do to further the story.
      The acting has really saved this season for me – without these actors l really don’t know if I would still love this show, when the writers ask them to step up their game they do it exceptionally.
      That said I hope season 5 is far better than this ,really far.

• Bon says:

plus what show has outstanding seasons all the way way through.
      Some of the best shows have mediocre seasons.
      I have never watched a show without one.

• Ari says:

If I could suffer through the last 3 seasons of Gossip Girl, I can make it through one season of TVD before the Originals spin off.

• Cam says:

Wow how sad are you? You say you don’t like the show and yet you search for it on Google and bother to comment about it.

2. Fabe says:

I’m rooting for Katherine. I swear, if they kill Kat, I’m done with the show. I love it, but that would be too far. Elena is such a whiner!

• Elijahgirl26 says:

All Im gonna say is read the books and you will see how different the books are from the tv show because some things are the same and some are different

• Wrstlgirl says:

Why should we care what’s in the books. It’s the TV show we’re watching and reading the books isn’t going to change how poorly it’s being done. In fact if the books are so much better then I would think it would make what we’re viewing all that more difficult to watch.

• Mk says:

Some things that have been done in the books are on the show and if you have read them then you can kind of see where this whole Elena/Katherine story is going…..

• wrstlgirl says:

Eh, I’d rather just watch and be surprised, good or bad. I’ve never really understood the whole read the books then watch the show deal because so many times people complain that the show does not follow so what’s the point. But that’s just my opinion.

• I know exactly where the Elena/Katherine storyline is going I have been trying to explain it but you explained it better than me

• Fran says:

wrstlgirl, I’m with you on the whole books vs show thing. There have been series that I’ve read before they became shows, and you always have people complaining that they aren’t like the books. I think it would be pretty boring if they followed the books completely- where would the surprise and suspense come from? Vampire Diaries is based on the books and does not follow them to a T, so nothing is set in stone. You either enjoy it for what it is or you don’t.

• wrstlgirl says:

Fran – yes, that’s exactly it. I just don’t see the appeal in watching anything if you already know the outcome. TWD comic book readers are the worst. Sorry I don’t mean to offend anyone here you if are one, but I’ve been exposed to so many spoilers from TWD comic readers because they always have to talk about how things happened in comics, how much better the comics are and what’s coming up next. And they complain how horrible the show is compared to the comics. Every time I see a sentence that starts with “In the comics”…..I run :-)

• Now I’m not saying you should care about the books but if you think about it without the books there would probably be no show. You don’t have to like the books just be grateful that there is a show as great and awesome as this one that is based on a book. The author created the books starting in 1991 and many people who have read the books watch the show I am one of them. I like comparing the books verses the shows or movies because it gives me a sense of able to know the characters and the follow the storylines. The books and show only have maybe at least 3 storylines in common maybe 4 but they also have at least 10 characters in common. You don’t have to like the books I’m not saying it is true but probably without the books there would be no show. No vampire diaries at all. This is what I think that without books there would be no show or movie. Some of te greatest tv shows and movies are based on books or comics. Like Harry potter true blog hunger games iron man spider man batman superman Thor captain America hulk twilight and a lot of other movies and tv shows. So I am just thankful for those books and comics for the tv shows and movies that are based on them.

• Fran says:

Hey I’m a huge book fan. Overall I would rather read than watch TV anyday. But I just think you need to seperate the two or it makes the show experience less enjoyable. But that’s just me.

3. Cc says:

Great ep; definitely gasped when he snapped Matt’s neck. I’m interested to see the whole revenge scheme play out. I still can’t figure out how the cure will play out in the end either!

4. Elijahgirl26 says:

All Im saying is read the books just to see how different it is from the show

• Rob says:

I’ve heard that the show is a lot better than the books, because in the books elena is like a guardian of a universe or something, and they have gone too far.

• Elijahgirl26 says:

Your right with Elena being a guardian I don’t want to spoil it but some of the things that are in the books are in the show. I don’t want to say anything just in case people want to read the books. People don’t like that I made the mistake of that last time and someone blew up at me for it so if you wanna know just say so in the comments. I will do that if not then I can give you my email address.

• Miranda says:

I’d like to know. I tried reading the books, but couldn’t get through the first one. I’d just like to know the gist of what happened.

5. Bender says:

Good for Elena turning her emotions back on, now she has a purpose, on killing Katherine. Waiting for Matt and rebekah to hook up now. Is it wrong that I just want to see Elena and Katherine hook up just once :)

6. cote says:

Well… One of them has to go, poor Nina’s been playing both since late Season 1. And Elena’s the main character so…. If only she could acquire some of Kat’s attitude she wouldn’t be such a pain in the ass sometimes lol

7. Rose says:

Matt/Rebekah <3. 'Nuff said. Can't believe I only have a few more eps to enjoy these two. *sighs*

• Tamim says:

Well, Matt wants to go off to college, so he could go to Tulane or Loyola… I mean, if that’s where his bestest study-buddy is, he’d be crazy to lose a tutor that good

8. Patricia says:

What a disappointing seasons this has been. Nothing good happened, Elena has been a bore, they killed Jeremy, Tyler is mia, Caroline became my least favorite character…the Silas story line dragged on for so long and with only two episodes left I doubt the payout will be any good. The only good thing this season was when Elena and Damon finally hooked up but even that the writers screwed up with the site bond crap. I’m not giving up yet let’s hope next season is better

• OMG you’re comment encompassed every thought I have had about this season! I stil love the show but this season has been subpar at best compared to the other 3.

• Cathy O. says:

I agree Patricia, the best part was Delena hook-up which was totally ruined by the sire bond. Here’s hoping that is rectified by the last episode or next season.

• Tamim says:

The way every other comment right now seems to be “Poor Damon, you never get the girl do you?” and that icky look of hope Stephan had when he thought he might be Elena’s one emotion, I think Damon’s gonna get the girl, but become mortal, so the two will still be unequals

• Cathy O. says:

I agree but if he becomes mortal, I don’t think it will last for very long. Some way, he will become a vampire again.

9. Mariah says:

I would take Katherine over Elena always.

10. Jon says:

If the kill Katherine but freaking bend over backwards and ignore all reason just to keep Klaus around, I will be so freaking pissed. Katherine is hands-down the most interesting character on the whole show, and she only shows up a few times a season anyway. The writing team behind this show has never made much sense anyway, but killing Kat will be the last straw for a lot of viewers. Lets hope they’re just playing some kind of game with the viewers.

11. Elijahgirl26 says:

Then so be it they will probably lose a lot of viewers but they aren’t killing off any of the main characters which is Elena Damon Stefan Bonnie Caroline Matt. Katherine is just part of Damon and Stefan’s backstory she isn’t that important at all she probably won’t be around for much longer. That’s my opinion this is just a fictional show the characters aren’t real if you don’t like the characters then o well you will just have to live with it. The show and characters aren’t real. I love everyone on the show it is absolutely fabulous but if they gotta kill off characters them they will kill off the weak and not important ones.

• Wrstlgirl says:

What do you mean they’re not real?

• Elijahgirl26 says:

What I mean is that they are characters made up from a book and an author who wrote that book. I love the characters but it is all fictional. Vampire diaries is based on the book and the main character is Elena Gilbert who falls for Stefan and Damon Salvatore. Matt Bonnie Caroline are all in the books it is very different from the show with the characters because Alaric and Meredith are also in the books along with Tyler but they all play different parts. I am not going to go into details but they have different roles in the books and klaus and Vicki and Katherine are in the books for a short time. I am not going to spoil anything for people who want to read the books I will respect that. Believe I wish I could explain the books it would be easy to. But I am going to respect people’s wishes and if anyone wants to know the author is L.J Smith but the books series has been taken over by a ghost writer so te author can’t write the ending she wants it to be.

• Wrstlgirl says:

Seriously! I was joking! LOLOLOL.

• Sorry I am not very good at telling when a question is a joke. You could say I’m gullible and I don’t get sarcasm when it is written in a text if I knew you and you said that I wouldn’t have answered you. I am very sorry Wrstlgirl I didn’t mean to anger you or annoy you I was just answering what I thought was a question please next time be a little more like knowing so I would not answer it and not feel stupid for responding to a joke. Again I am very very very sorry

• wrstlgirl says:

No need to be sorry, I’m not angered or annoyed. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad :-( It’s just that a show about vampires is obviously not real, anyone who thinks otherwise is scary. So are you both Elijahgirl26 and Delenaforever26?

• Yea I am I just had to sign up for something and my username for that is being used so I am both. I am delena fan and I am a fan of Elijah haha

• Miranda says:

Wait, wait, wait! Are you trying to say, vampires AREN’T real?

• Mariah says:

I would hardly say Katherine is weak and not important. And people are allowed to be upset with the idea of killing her off. Just because she isn’t a “main” cast member doesn’t mean she doesn’t have as many fans or people who would like to see her stick around. As far as I’m concerned she’s far more entertaining than a majority of the main characters. People are entitled to their own opinions and if they want to be mad about the potential killing of Katherine then so be it.

• I know people are allowed to have their own opinions and I am ok with that. I respect that people have their own opinions about the characters. I just don’t like it when people I don’t know the best way to put it but I don’t know what I am saying I like all the characters on the show no matter how annoying evil or whiny they are I like Katherine too and I would be upset that she would be gone but not as upset I think I just have a different view then everyone else it’s what I think and my opinion. I don’t judge the characters or hate them at all. I don’t wish any character dead but the truth is they gotta let one go or two or more but it is just the way it has to go the way the writer tell the story it will upset the fans but they can’t keep everyone on they gotta leave at some point of disappear. That’s how a story goes the characters come and go.

12. Wrstlgirl says:

I agree with a lot of other comments. I quit watching a few weeks back and clearly I haven’t missed a beat. I’m back to see how they end the season. I would much prefer it if Katherine killed Elena. The show would be considerably better. Elena is unwatchable.

• kavyn says:

My dream scenario: Bonnie brings back the dead, and WW3 breaks out with some longtime cast dying and some previously dead characters returning (as an example, kill Bonnie and Tyler, bring back Anna, Vicky and Alaric), and just *really* shake things up. It doesn’t have to be those characters specifically, but having a finale where literally anyone could die or come back would be a phenomenal way to refresh the series.

13. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I think there is so much more story potential in a truly fearless Katherine than in Elena killing her. #Katfan

14. Taryn says:

okay, i am calling it right now…they are going to force Katherine to take the cure and then Elena will kill her.

• Cathy O. says:

Huh, never thought of that but you could be right. But then again, JP said that a vampire will take the cure and it might cause Elena to change her mind on her choice so that would mean it is either Damon or Stefan. I am still betting on Stefan because Damon is kind of obvious since he became human in the books. It may turn out to be who we least expect.

Does anyone know if the sire bond is broken now?

15. S says:

This was one of the best episodes of the season and it was just so good it reminded me of the earlier seasons.. If this is any indication on how the next 2 will be then wow tvd is def back!

16. AMCPress says:

I wasn’t expecting the two deaths. I am rooting for Elena since she has been through a lot. I think Katherine should start running from Elena. I am wanting to see more of Rebekah and Matt.

17. sls says:

Hmmm…glad Elena has her humanity back. Was scared for a moment when Damon snapped Matt’s neck but figured it wasn’t going to stick. Didn’t remember about the ring though so that was a relief.

It seems weird to me that Bonnie would promise Katherine that her ancestor, who she doesn’t know at all, would make her immortal. What? And Katherine going for that seems out of character to me. Katherine is smart and should know that there is no guarantee Bonnie can convince Qetsiyah to do anything. It’s seems like there is far too much risk getting mixed up with the witches and whatever else may come out from the other side for the mere possibility that Bonnie could deliver what she is proposing. Lame. I’m sure it is setting up whatever is bound to happen in the finale.

And, while I understand Elena’s hate for Katherine, I think it would be completely lame to kill Katherine off. Even though she isn’t a main character, she is so entwined with the story and to kill her off now and not allow her redemption or at least to see it through to the end seems such a waste to me. So many people like Katherine. She is a good villain. They are already getting rid of Klaus and the Originals so killing Katherine too would be a waste of all the seasons of building her entire story. It’s not like Katherine can have her own spin-off.

Sure they can bring in new villains but then all the villains will be lame like Silas and people won’t be able to wait to be rid of them. How boring.

Katherine is the best villain they have. Period.

While I still want to see Damon and Elena together I’m happy the whole long triangle had a bit of a break for a few episodes. I look forward to the finale and finding out who gets the cure (will it be a human Damon next season?) and wrapping up some of the now boring Silas story line (though I don’t think Silas is over this season but maybe I’m wrong about that).

• S says:

I agree. Katherine is the best villain this show has/had. I’d rather her go on the run again over her being killed off by Elena or anyone else for that matter.

• Mariah says:

I completely agree that Katherine is a wonderful villain and killing her off would not bode well for the show. In my humble opinion, already losing much of the cast (which have become my personal favorites) to the new spinoff will already put the show on shaky ground. But then to get rid of Katherine as well? I could never see it fully recovering from that. I truly hope the writing crew make wise choices from here on out concerning characters leaving.

• kavyn says:

If they kill off Katherine (and can get Caroline to move to The Originals), I’d probably stop watching TVD and start watching The Originals instead.

• Cathy O. says:

Agree with everything you said here sis. I also don’t see any point in killing off Katherine. I am waivering on who will get the cure now though. I recently read that JP changed who gets the cure from the person she originally had get it. I kind of think Stefan is going to get it instead of Damon. I am so bored with Silas and the cure and the sire bond. I am hoping Damon finds out Elena’s true feelings by the final episode.

• sls says:

Yup Cathy O. I remember seeing that…and the thought that Stefan may end up with the cure is sitting in the back of my mind. But I’m still hoping it isn’t true. Maybe they originally thought Klaus would end up with the cure and now it will be Damon? I just hope it isn’t Elena. The lameness of that would really annoy me (and I’m sure many others).

• Faster says:

Stefan has been soooo boring and useless lately, so at least if he got the cure it would bring *some* life to his character…

• sls says:

Oh, I did read something that mentioned the veil being lifted briefly and ghosts coming back. And that if they were “killed” they could just come back again, at least until the veil was closed.

In this case, I fully support Elena getting to kill Katherine just as long as she comes back when the veil is lifted. Yes…I think that would be tons of fun.

18. lisa reed says:

Well im sorry but Katherine needs to go,never have liked her i hope Ellen kills her,she deserves it she has done nothing but cause Ellen pain,so she needs to go!!!! I thought this season was really good,cant wait for season 5…:)

• Katie says:

Are a couple of you guys even watching the show? The lead’s name is E-L-E-N-A and Caroline is dating Tyler, she never dated Jer.

19. S says:

What would be the point in Stefan getting the cure? sounds boring to me

• queen says:

100% is damon. he is HURT in 4×23 promo pics

• Cathy O. says:

The only point would be if Elena chose Damon. Stefan already said he would like to be human again. He could become human and move on with his own life without Elena, possibly move somewhere else for a while AND later return hooking up with Caroline (since that may be a possibility down the line according to JP). AND Stefan getting it would be a surprise since everyone expects Damon to get it.

20. kevin blanco says:

I really like Matt and Rebekah and wish they’d just figure out how to be a couple already. If she was going to go to New Orleans as part of the spinoff, I wish Matt would go with her as he seems to do so little on TVD. And I think I like Caroline better with Klaus than with Jeremy whom seems whiny at times. I think TVD could withstand her leaving to be on the spinoff…

21. Lindsay says:

I don’t think Damon will take the cure. He has already said he does not want to be human, so if he did take the cure, he would just find someone to turn him back into a vampire. I think it will be Stefan.

• Julie says:

Yes but you’re assuming Damon takes it willingly… which I don’t think will be the case. He doesn’t want to be human so it seems to me that he will be the one. There really is no point in Stefan getting it. Where would the storyline go with that?

• Lindsay says:

They could force it on him, but I still think he would just find someone to turn him into a vampire again, rendering the entire storyline pointless. They could come up with something for Stefan, because he at least wants to be human. Or maybe Alaric will come back and take it. Who knows. I just think it would be pointless for Damon to take it.

22. Fran says:

I actually enjoyed this episode more than most lately. I’m glad Matt was the one that got Elena to feel again. I was so afraid that predictably it would be Damon or Stefan so it was a nice surprise, and one that actually made sense. Now I’m just hoping that the season will end with Elena being by herself. Way too much has happened for her to just jump back into a relationship with either brother. She can be honest about her feelings for Damon but she seriously needs some time alone. Maybe then her character can develop back into someone we can actually care about. And no to killing Katherine like others have said. That would seriously be a mistake.

23. JS says:

This show just keeps getting worse and worse. The story is so ridiculously lame and now there is going to be a spin off. Please, do us all a favor, wipe out the characters and put this crap fest to rest.

• Fran says:

That won’t do me a favor :) I still enjoy the show so I’m glad it’s still going. This was the 1st season that I thought was pretty terrible, but I can hope that next season goes back to the Vampire Diaries that I loved so much through seasons 1-3. I think having a spin off helps get back to the core characters of the series. I just hope things take a turn for the better and I’m not disappointed again…

• Cathy O. says:

I have to agree with you Fran. This season has been the worst but I am still hanging in for next season in hopes it will be much better. As long as Ian Somerhalder is on the show, I’m in for the duration. LOL!

24. Alice says:

I only started watching this show in episode 4×15. So…I”m NOT supposed to like Katherine more than Elena? And Bonnie’s NOT supposed to be my favorite character? Because Katherine is far more entertaining than Elena. And while everyone else is fretting over who Elena likes more, Bonnie is single handedly trying to save the world.
    Glad they didn’t kill Caroline’s mom, that scene was heartbreaking.

25. Cathy O. says:

I rewatched the episode today. So Elena is no longer sired to Damon, is that correct? If so, how did they get rid of the sire bond? It doesn’t come back with humanity?

I also still think Stefan will get the cure and maybe leave town for a while. Remember he wants it and also wants to get away. I really don’t see him getting back with Elena right now. I also think Elena may confess her love for Damon but won’t be with either brother this season.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode. I don’t see Elena really killing Katherine either.

26. reward says:

Kath cant die. No, she cant.
    She is the only character that can move every single plot in the show.
    There is so much to discover about her, her past and her personality.
    Klaus, Elijah and Reb will leave TVD and without Kath I cant imagine how awful TVD will be.
    Bring back Jeremy and kill Kath would be a silly thing.

27. Mikael says:

The scene with Caroline and her mother was so sad. I really think the focus should shift off Elena and onto Caroline, who to me is the real star of the show. Bonnie doesn’t get nearly enough credit either. I hope that Caroline and Stefan get together because he needs to walk away from Elena who isn’t that great and is a bigger tease than anyone on the show. I do find it amusing the most people like Katherine better than Elena. I sure do. I hope she doesn’t get killed. I hope Bonnie doesn’t either.

28. Jess says:

I personally liked Elena without her emotions, she wasn’t bratty and whiny. If they kill Katherine off I will no longer watch and since they’ve basically drawn out this stupid love triangle for 4 seasons now I so annoyed. How could Stefan and Damon really hate Katherine when they are both in love with Elena?

29. Jason says:

Here’s a question…more of a statement: WHO ELSE THINKS SUSANNA THOMPSON (“Moira”) is the best actor on ARROW and possibly the entire CW? She is just *nails.” She and John Barrowman just lift this already-great series to unheard of heights.

30. Okay…the Elana killing Katherine thing…if she kills Katherine then does Stephan and Damon not die as well…or am I missing something…would Elana then not die as well?

• sls says:

Katherine isn’t an Original vampire so it would not make any difference if she was killed. It is only something to be concerned about if an Original was killed. When an Original is killed their whole bloodline will die too.

It is not a maker/creator thing just an Originals thing.

31. Walter says:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
    In the books, Katherine and Elena kill each other by tearing off their daylight rings and pushing each other into the sunlight and Elena is resurrected by a group of angels that call themselves the “Guardians of the Universe.” Also, Damon becomes human when he accidentally ingests the cure.

32. That is 100% true but I hope that doesn’t not happen I mean if Elena kills Katherine then that’s ok with me I mean I like Katherine but she can’t stay forever and if Damon takes the cure on accident or maybe he gets bitten by a werewolf and when he’s unconscious they give him the cure to heal him since klaus isn’t around anymore. But who knows what will happen we will just have to watch the last two episodes and find out.

• sls says:

Your bitten by a werewolf comment made me think…
      If ghosts are coming back then Mason Lockwood would have a real beef with Damon for killing him. Could a ghost werewolf bite cause Damon problems? And with Klaus gone how would Damon be cured? By “The” cure?
      I can see this happening! Damon bitten by Mason Lockwood! If Damon takes the cure then he is no longer a vampire and a werewolf bite won’t turn a human into a werewolf according to the show’s mythology, so far anyway. So “The” cure may be the only way to save Damon’s life.

Now, in theory, he could be turned back into a vampire so Damon might agree to take the cure with the idea that he can just get turned back into a vampire. But, of course, there will be some catch like the cure is permanent or semi-permanent. Holy crap! lol That will be so crazy if that happens.

• Cathy O. says:

That would be great but when Mason returned in I think it was Season 2 or 3 didn’t he want Damon’s help to try and help Tyler and told Damon he had no problem with him and that all he wanted was redemption when they were in that cave together. Also, when they were in the cave he helped free Damon from some stakes or something that could have killed him.

Kol is suppose to be coming back and I think he will be the unlikely person they were talking about that will help them since it seems he was right about not pursuing Silas and the cure. If I were Matt, I think this would be a good time to get out of town (maybe track down Tyler).

I really wish there was someway I could just watch the final two episodes now! LOL! Too much stress!

• sls says:

True, the Mason storyline does seem kinda played out. But who knows! I was trying to think of which ghosts may have it out for Damon but pretty much anyone could come back and have it out for Damon. ooo Like Lexi! lol Maybe Lexi will come back and do something terrible to Damon.

And if Damon turns human in the books then there is a good chance it won’t happen in the show if they are trying to make it a real shocker. Ugh! I agree with you…Too much stress…but man…if we have to wait until next season to find out about that damn sire bond or how Elena really feels about Damon I’m going to scream. lol

• Cathy O says:

Please don’t even think that. The sire bond story has got to be resolved this season. I can’t wait until season 5. If we don’t get an answer I will be screaming louder than you. I am so stressed I can’t think straight. LOL!

• sls says:

lol indeed. enough is enough of that sire bond

33. That would absolutely be a crazy awesome twist. I would enjoy watching Damon be human. It would just be awesome if that did happen. Then I hope Elena turns him with her blood and then hopefully they can be together I am a huge delena fan and I would be happy for them to be together.

• Cathy O. says:

You and me both! I am hoping Damon finds out how Elena really feels this season and they can pick up their relationship next season. Just please don’t make us wait until the Fall to find out their outcome! Torture!!!!!!!

34. Danielle H. says:

I thought this episode was great. I think the haters need to stop hate watching. After a show has been on for so long it is never the same show. Things always change. I think it will be completely reinvented next season with the Originals gone and them all out of high school.

• Delenaforever26 says:

Danielle H.
      I agree with you people who don’t like the show or the main characters at all should stop watching the main characters(Elena Damon and Stefan) are not going anywhere neither are (Caroline Matt or Bonnie) the other characters I can’t say they will be staying but since Rebekah is leaving it leaves Katherine. I can’t say she will stay safe she maybe gone soon. But that’s up to the writers and producers. I love the show and I can’t wait to see what happens its so exciting and it is one of my favorite supernaturally shows my others include true blood and supernatural :) so I think this show is awesome and has a great cast who play their parts very very well.

35. Cathy O says:

I thought what Elena said to Damon about the sire bond and not loving him was pretty brutal. Damon takes a hell of a lot of verbal abuse from Elena and he still loves her unconditionally. What a guy! Also did anyone catch Damon’s look when Stefan was telling Elena to dig down deep and find one thing to focus on. Damon looked sad and afraid as he watched them.

• sls says:

I know that really got to me. I was just hoping she didn’t blurt out it was Stefan she was thinking of. I was cringing that whole time lol

• Cathy O. says:

Yeah right? I was holding my breath. I was so glad she said her focus was on hating Katherine I didn’t know what to do. LOL!

36. Cam says:

I think the reason why so many people are beginning to dislike the series is because of the amount of people dying and the amount of evil there is. Also people are fed up with the love triangle. The only way to break the love triangle is for Elena, Damon or Stefan to take the cure.
    They also need to introduce a really nice person into the show, possibly a guy. They will go to college in Season 5, so I’m hoping they will introduce someone at the beginning and slowly make their screen time for frequent as the season progresses. They should resurrect Jeremy somehow and give Bonnie and Jeremy a go. I think Elena needs a new guy, maybe give Delena a try for half the season and then maybe let them have a huge argument and Damon cheats on Elena and she breaks up with him. OR. If she chooses Stefan, then later on Stefan has a secret love affair with Caroline. I really think for people to love Elena again she needs out of this “She must be protected by the Salvatores” idea. It’s old, we need something fresh, we need more teen drama and less supernatural drama, as it doesn’t really make sense anymore. I think they should strengthen the bond between Bonnie, Elena and Caroline as you only see them together when something bad is about to happen. Also, maybe give the cure to Rebekah so that Mat and Rebekah and live happily ever after, they can show how he develops her into a better person. Elena needs to go to college and grow independent, we need to see the three main characters as individuals rather than “Stefan and Damon have nothing to do unless Elena is on the screen.” Elena is my favourite character and I want to see her grow up and develop as a person.

• sls says:

Not sure if you saw this weeks episode yet but I don’t think the Bonnie/Jeremy things is going to work out.
      Also, for those of us who are really into supernatural shows, we don’t want that aspect of this show to change. I don’t need for there to be a nicer character or a “good” character on here. There are a lot of shows already that are not supernatural that deal with teen drama. So, for me, personally, I like that this show has the supernatural and evil elements. I wouldn’t be watching it if it didn’t.