Exclusive

Exclusive Rizzoli & Isles Season 4 Poster: Hard-Core Crime-Solving Is No Picnic

Rizzoli & Isles‘ Jane and Maura can make anything look like a walk in the park.

RELATED | Dallas Renewed for Season 3 — When Is It Back?

The key art for the TNT drama’s upcoming Season 4 (which bows Tuesday, June 25 at 9/8c) finds Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander kicking back for what looks like a picnic… until you notice the police tape and corpse feet.

Peruse the poster below, then hit the comments: What would you like to see happen this season on Rizzoli & Isles?

Rizzoli & Isles Season 4

1. allison says:

I know I would love a little Rizzles action…

2. antoine says:

The return of Gabriel Dean ! =D

• Babygate says:

Obviously trying to get a reaction from the Rizzles’ fandom since Gabriel Dean has been gone since episode 1 of the 3rd season and with Billy Burke on Revolution there is no talk about bringing him back. Besides, it is clear that Jane’s romantic interest is currently Casey.

• Dreamrose says:

Speaking of Casey, I really, really hope that it all turns out well for him. As love interests go, I actually like him. And that’s saying something.

• Jennifer says:

Revolution doesn’t film at the same time as Rizzoli & Isles. Honestly I think he’s just there for the tension and reaction from the audience himself. They basically ended the ‘romance’ portion when Jane left him behind and when he left at the end of the season finale. I know he’s to return this season but I just don’t see it happening.

• Sophie says:

But I do like Gabriel better!!!! and just think about that the series is made after the Books of Tess Gerritsen and the Book Rizzoli has been married to Gabriel since the end of the third Book!!! I find it wears that the series is so different!

3. tahina says:

They’re baáaaaaaäck! <3<3

4. Sarah says:

Jane and Maura becoming a couple

• I so have this feeling deep inside me bc look at that poster … its ment to be

• lalyce says:

• Lisha says:

No, women can be great friends without being lovers.

• Chris May says:

Yes they can, and are just friends. Please stop trying to turn them gay it will ruin the show..

• Rhonda knows the show says:

Please stop trying to keep everything hetro, because that really does ruin the show. To sum it up, it is 2013 and gays are welcomed here.

• KML says:

I agree with you. Even though there are gays, it doesn’t mean everyone in the world needsto BE gay! It would definitely kill the show if they were gay. The show is awesome because of the very fact that they are both women – who are best friends- and are intelligent and hardworkingn and NO WAY ATTRACTING TO EACHOTHER!!!!

• Beth says:

Chill the heck out dude! Not everyone in the world is gay!
            There are more heterosexuals in this world than bisexuals or gay people combined! It will not RUIN the show! So chill out!

5. Cassandra says:

Rizzles. Or at least an indication that they’re heading in that direction.

Also wouldn’t mind a darker tone. The slapstick humor last season was off-putting.

6. N says:

Love this show!

7. rachelle says:

LOL! Agreeing with everyone above hoping for some Rizzles action. I’m here for it! #gayzolli

8. belinda says:

It’s kind of late now to ask for anything since they are already taping but,,,,. No more stupid clown music. Stop having the ladies be all man hungry. No more clown music They act like school girls. Show could more darker and less like a comedy and no more clown music.

9. Lila says:

Donnie wahlburg back and either Jane or Maura pregnancy storyline. I’m sorry I’m not one of those who thinks Jane and Maura should be together.

10. ana says:

Rizzoli ON Isles! <3

11. Lyn Bockmiller says:

I sure like Sasha in this show she is sexy likes to play around on NCIS she was very boring never dated never played around never a hint that she sleeped with a guy boy what a difference WOW!! love it more interesting to watch!!!

12. Jesse says:

I really want Rizzles to get together. They belong together.

13. K says:

Jane and Maura finally get together! It’s about time don’t you think? There is obvious chemistry between them, let’s explore that avenue.

14. Aoife says:

Cannot Wait :) :) :) :) Well I know what I want to happen – a girl can dream of Rizzles eh? But whatever Janet has in store for us I’m sure it’ll be AMAING :)

15. tahina says:

They can be whatever everyone wants Jane and Maura to be..together or not. Its a win win!:D

16. Kate says:

I’m on the Rizzles bandwagon, too! How could you not be? Bring back Season One chemistry and get them together already! They’re no good for anyone but each other.

17. angel says:

hey come on i know the chemistry between jane and maura is on purpose and is part of the script. it makes their interactions fun and engaging. but i am very sure the makers of the show would never actually get their 2 leads romantically involved . lesbian couple is definitely not wat they wil focus on. and moreover our gals love too much of the man drama in their lives. if there was even a hint of a romance between them, the characters themselves wud hav been ecstatic that they dont hav to look further than their best friend to find a lover.

18. Jane and Maura belong together romantically. And from the looks of the poster, the feminization of Jane Rizzoli has begun which is also a big no no. Bring back the season one chemistry and let them be together. The show needs to be darker too. Season one was amazing and 2 and 3 were not. Put these ladies together as a couple!!!!!!!

19. sandra says:

Jane y Maura juntas como pareja es lo que tiene que pasar

20. Eagle Eye says:

Jane+Maura 4ever
    #Rizzles

21. 4theloveoffilm says:

Rizzles? I am not a fan of the popular practice of smushing names together, but I think I am more flabbergasted that so many people favor a romantic relationship between the two leads! I can’t see that at all. I agree that they have great chemistry–of the platonic variety. They are closer than friends–more like sisters. And to have them all of a sudden realize that they are lesbian or bisexual would seem wildly out of character to me. They both have exhibited rather clearly their interest in the male sex. I, for one, love that they are so close and mean so much to one another without the romantic entanglement.

Of course, it’s a matter of opinion. I just think that if the showrunners wanted to consider the option of a “Rizzles” romance, they should have implemented things long before now that would have made it seem more plausible and possible.

All that said, I’m looking forward to its return! And I am definitely a fan of Rizzoli landing Casey finally (surgery, please work!). She deserves to be freakin’ happy.

• c-mo says:

Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking while reading all of the comments!

• Sarah says:

The showrunners have been implementing things from the pilot episode. That doesn’t mean that they wanted the leads to be in a romantic relationship but they have been teasing and throwing out little messages that would make it possible, if they ever wanted to do that. The fact that Jane gets jealous when Maura dates or the fact that neither seem to be able to hold on to a relationship except the relationship between them is just one of the many ways that the showrunners have been teasing the audience. The Rizzles fandom didn’t just pop out of thin air. It has been heavily teased from the very beginning and the actresses chemistry has shown that it is the only thing that makes sense for these characters.

• Rizzles says:

Thank you for your comment it is the oerfec comment!! Rizzles should so be together

• kam says:

YESSS to everything you wrote! I do understand the concerns about getting two leads romantically involved (for any tv. show, not R&I specifically), but their chemistry is just so off the charts that any male interest thrown in just cannot compare.
        The buildup has been there from the get-go, from Jane’s staring at Maura’s cleavage to Maura’s “You’re gorgeous my friend,” the languid loving stares, Jane’s blatant jealousy whenever Maura is dating etc. etc., not to mention the incessant gay teasing in most of the promos (speed dating, the poster above etc.). The rizzles fandom, as you stated so eloquently, didn’t just pop out of thin air, and it is frankly getting insulting how all of the above is brushed off as the wishful thinking of delusional fans.
        I simply cannot understand the viewers who do not see this…. or seem to think that two skye sessions and the ridiculous “can’t love you without a functioning d***” crapfest between Casey and an OOC Jane-turned-giggly-shoolgirl should constitute a convincing story line. Really, het viewers, that is your idea of a love story??

It’s the 21st century, for chrissakes. Make Rizzles happen.

• Lizzy says:

I agree. I think they should remain the close friends that they are without complicating things with a sexual relationship between co-workers. I love the entire cast of this show. Especially Rizzoli’s brothers and her partner. Great characters! How about more between Ed Begley and Sasha? Some sort of conflict that forces them to work together again.

• Lisha says:

Finally, someone with common sense.

• denise says:

I agree completely! I didn’t see anything in the past to make me think of them together in any way but friends and coworkers. If anything else they shouldnt have had guy involvements along the way. I vote for Casey.

• Ann says:

It is about time someone said this!!! The Rizzles pandemonium has got to stop! Lorraine Bracco’s character Angela has already said Maura is like her daughter, too! That doesn’t have to mean they are gay by any means. They are best friends that would do anything for each other. I have a best friend like that, but I am not gay. I have a wonderful boyfriend and son that can contest to that! Jane and Maura are so much more than Rizzles, but I do agree this show needs to go back to the darker undertones that made the show so great in the beginning! They are entering a writing style that has gotten some shows cancelled in the past. Janet needs to do what she does best and write well thought out stories that will draw in the audience. Also, I think all this about Sasha Alexander leaving NCIS is better left without an explanation. There is always going to be controversy about Kate Todd’s premature demise, but Sasha had to do what she thought was best for her, Edoardo, and their impending family at the time. NCIS is still a successful show, but I believe Sasha is doing exactly what she needs to be doing right now! She is an incredible actress and an inspiring woman!

22. big fan rizzoli on isles says:

WE NEED MORE RIZZOLI ON ISLES

23. heather says:

It’s time for Rizzoli ON Isles like Sasha said on Conan.

24. Would like Maura to have a nice man friend during a life and death moment of her life. Drama that leads to happy things for at least someone. More Boston flavor.

25. Shannon says:

A big NO to the Rizzles comments. The chemistry is great…for friends. The show does not need to go that direction. It is a great show as it is.

• Anna says:

totally agree with you, I don’t understand why everybody want to see jane and maura in a romantically relationship. they are friends, why people can’t understand that women can be friends with each other!

26. brandy says:

Ok enough with everybody wanting them to turn gay already!!!! They clearly love men and you can love your friend tremendously and not want to sleep with them!!! If they make them a romantic couple I will stop watching the show. I wouldn’t mind the show having a more dangerous feel to it but other then that I love it. If they were romantically involved the show would lose a lot of they way they feed off of each other’s problems.

27. Marion says:

A great show as it is? Please! The only reason the show is as popular as it is is because Maura and Jane have that intense chemistry.

If it weren’t for these two ladies, the show would suck. The crimes are boring, the investigations laughable, the procedures ignore all common rules of law enforcement.

I’m definitely on the Rizzles ship, although I would have to say that a) it ain’t gonna happen, and b) I’d rather have intense chemistry and flirting than personal drama for ratings sake. That just doesn’t work. It would become a completely different show.

• Sarah says:

Perfectly said, Marion. If it wasn’t for Angie and Sasha’s off the charts chemistry then there wouldn’t be a show at all. They are the driving force behind the show. And believe it or not, sometimes you can fall in love with your friend, even if you haven’t had any same sex relationships before.

And to brandy, the poster before you: If two characters that clearly belong together bothers you so much just because they shouldn’t go “gay”, then just stop watching. If Jane and Maura ever got together then the ratings would go through the roof. A few viewers not watching won’t make a difference. And to say that you would stop watching a show just because the characters are gay is homophobic, to say the least.

28. Ap says:

I’m on the Rizzles bandwagon as well.

But I’d be fine with having male love interests if Rizzoli and Isles didn’t act like silly schoolgirls around them.

29. Piper says:

More action, more guns, more fight… but No rizzles #friendshipforever

30. lalyce says:

Que vuelva Dean y las botas de Rizzoli, los tacos son un asco!!!
    Que siga la complicidad entre Jane y Maura y sigan siendo las mejores amigas, nada más que eso.
    Dejar un poco las niñerías en ambas.
    NO a la relación amorosa R&I.
    Complicidad = Lesbianismo, q estupidez!!!

31. Danielle says:

Maura and Frankie get together and Jane and Casey. NO RIZZLES! They have a great friendship and it is hard to find and keep friends like that!

32. Natalie says:

I’d like to see Jane and Maura in lesbian scene

33. kam says:

You know.. again, I think there are very good reasons to keep the show as it is in terms of there being no serious new love interests for Jane and Maura at all. Because male or female, the intro of any such “serious interest” other than between Maura and Jane would require believable, fully developped back stories, and too much time away from the main focus of the show (=the dynamics between Jane and Maura).

IF we want a serious love interest for Jane and/or Maura on this show at all, however, I believe that all of us, het and queer, should agree on a few things:
    Namely, that a deeper love relationship between two people of any sex is about two people deeply caring for each other (like, caugh, Jane and Maura). Who love to spend time together and are each other’s most important things in life besides work. (LIke, caugh, Jane and Maura.) Who understand each other’s emotional and career needs. (Like, caugh, Jane and Maura). WHo can laugh, and cry, and be foolish together. (LIke, caugh, Jane and Maura.) Who would die for each other. (LIke,.. oh, you know.) A person with whom you can be yourself, and be loved for who you are, without having to turn into somebody else, let alone a caricature of your true self. (You know.. like Jane and Maura. UNlike Jane/Maura and ANY of their male interests so far.)
    I think that all of us lovely human beings can agree that, even if not much sexuality will actually be shown on a prime time tv show, a great romantic relationship is pretty much a wonderful friendship between two people, just with an additional physical interest that you would not have for “just a friend”. (You know, like.. when you love to get lost in eah other’s eyes.. like, caugh, Jane and Maura. When you stare at somebody’s assetts like they were a manifestation of the divine, caughJaneandMauracaugh, or like when you find your s.o. totally “gorgeous,” caugh, likeJaneandMaura. UNlike the big fat “EEEWWWWW gross” reaction we get each time that oh-so-straight Jane is confronted with anything relating to male anatomy so far.)

So.. to all of you who are rooting for Maura&Frankie (two characters who share NONE of the above), or Jane&Dean (ditto), or Jane&Casey (who does not even exist as a developped “character,” and whose inexsistent love story with Jane basically consists of two skype chats and lots of not-getting-each-other):
    I must confess that I pity you a little for your understanding of love.
    And since all seems to be just swell in a relationship for you just as long as boy and girl come together rather than two females, and forget about everything else:
    Could you please explain how us queer readers here are not supposed to read that as anything but blatant homophobia?

• felejim says:

Yes, to everything you just said! The main attraction of the show is Jane and Maura and their relationship. If they get a love interest, male or female, then they will have to take time away from Jane and Maura. The love interests pale in comparison to Jane and Maura’s relationship. So either they stay as they are or they bring them together. Nothing else will really work.

34. Kat says:

Rizzles.

35. Malin says:

happy end for jane and Casey . Maybe they found a family like in the novels ;)
    happy end for maura and their native family…

36. Sydney says:

Bringing a romantic relationship into the equation is not possible, It drags the story down. No one cares about any relationship unless there is massive amounts of back story for both characters. I like the relationship that is shown between Jane and Maura….whatever that ends up looking like, that’s what people watch the show for. I think it can be played to please both audiences. You can see their relationship however you want to view it, and that’s a very cool thing.
    I can’t watch Casey anymore after the whole “I can’t feel” scene. That, was absolutely terrible. I should not have been laughing my ass off watching that, and I was.
    If Jane and Maura are going to date….anyone, the guys need to be in the background. I only care about what Jane & Maura have to say to each other about the date, sort of like designing women. They were married, but you hardly ever saw the guys b/c what people cared about was the relationship between the women. So, I want more Jane and Maura b/c that’s where the money’s at. Also, go way darker. Sasha Alexander is an amazing actress, cant’ wait to see what all she has to bring to the table this season. I’d love to see her on something like Grey’s, Homeland etc. one day. Any other show and she would have been nominated for her part of Maura Isles.

• felejim says:

Both actresses are talented. The entire cast has a lot to bring to the table. Angie Harmon is exceptional when the writing goes darker and she is able to play Jane as she did in season 1. And yes, the main focus is Jane and Maura and their relationship. They can return to the way things were in season 1 and not bring in a love interest. If any love interest is going to happen then it should be between Jane and Maura.

• Sydney says:

I think Angie Harmon, Lorraine Bracco, Bruce McGill, Lee Thompson Young etc. are all VERY talented. However, there are times when a role simply stands out. I could name tons right now, but for me Sasha Alexander has stood out in her role as Dr. Maura Isles. I’m not taking anything away from the rest of the cast. I think Rizzoli and Isles is loaded with amazing actors, that much is obvious. I just think she deserves credit b/c played by just about anyone else and the character could be seen as cold. Instead she gives Maura so many layers and colors. She’s one of the strongest characters I’ve ever seen and yet she’s extremely vulnerable at the same time. Her intelligence is innocent and endearing, instead of pretentious and snobby. She can break your heart with one look. ;) Sasha has really layered Maura beautifully. Even the NYDailyNews sited Sasha’s work as Maura as one of the best characters of the year with Claire Danes in Homeland. Countless blogs and critics always give Sasha’s portrayal kudos. So while I”m a huge fan of the whole cast, I like to give ms Alexander credit for creating one of my favorite characters.

• felejim says:

I prefer Jane, to be honest. And Angie Harmon has bought her to life beautifully. She is strong and vulnerable at the same time. But yeah, the entire cast is talented. But they need good writing to work with. My biggest hope is that the writing becomes more serious and they leave the dumb comedy antics to the side. The pilot episode was the best because it was a good, creepy story with a few hints of funny moments. And both actresses played it out wonderfully. Jane especially was great in the pilot.

The other hope I have is that Jane and Maura become a couple or that it is somehow hinted that they are going in that direction. Angie and Sasha have crazy, hot chemistry and it would be a waste. I’ll just repeat was is being said. The main interest in Jane and Maura’s relationship. Anything else just takes away from their screen time. So either they just leave them without serious love interests or they bring them together. And I really do hope that they bring them together.

• Sydney says:

Well, it’s not about me preferring one to the other. I’m only talking about Sasha’s portrayal of the role she was given. I’m glad you love Jane and she’s your favorite! :)

• Jessie says:

I LOVE THIS!! I dont care if Maura and Jane go lesbian or not. I am a lesbian and and I love their chemistry, however they dont need to complicate things at this moment and possibly alienate viewers. However I dont like Casey and I cant feel anything about his relationship with Jane. It just doesnt work. If they want her with him…ok…but keep it in the background because it ruins things for me. I love the Jane/Maura relationship as it was in season 1 and 2. I want that back.

• Tori says:

I totally agree. Their relationship in season 1 and 2 was a hands and eyes on fun. The bound Jane and Maura have is makes me love every min of them together

37. felejim says:

Yeah, I understood what you meant, Sydney. And I was talking about Angie’s portrayal of Jane.

38. No doubt I cannot wait for the show to be back on air…..But I pray Maura not loosing one of her kidney for her half sister who is eternally ungrateful to her selfless attitude and the Selfish mother who came back to save her other daughter, even after learning and denying the fact that Dr Isles is her daughter too…

39. felejim says:

Just wanted to point out that what we all agree about is that we all want more serious episodes and more serious interactions between the characters. I already pointed out that I would like to see Jane and Maura together because in my opinion that is the only thing that makes sense for them. But although we may disagree on the love interests, it’s good to see that we all want the senseless comedy to go away and have the show become a more serious cop show.

And I just wanted to say that another poster is right. The teasing of a Jane and Maura pairing comes from the showrunners and the fans didn’t just come up with rizzles. This picture is a great example of teasing and so is the other picture for season 4 that has Jane and Maura handcuffed together. So if the ads for season 4 are to be taken seriously, then maybe we will see them together. Why else would they handcuff the two leads together?

• lalyce says:

aparecer esposadas no quiere decir que vayan a terminar emparejándose (que sería una estupidez, porque perdería el encanto).
      ahora se ves a maura con un escalpelo al cuello de jane… significaría que terminará matándola???
      no entiendo el afán de verlas juntas más allá de una linda amistad!!!

40. Paola says:

I would like to see more action, more drama, more fights, chases, scenes that highlight the friendship of both. I think Jane should do more action scenes. I love casey, so I hope he comes back and he and Jane become a beautiful a couple. Not rizzles please. I love this show. Brasil loves this show! #teamcasey #RandIBrasil

• casi says:

I agree with you. I truly would stop watching the show if Jane and Mura became a couple. Leave it as two best friends and men as love interests. I truly don’t see any hints that they are coming together as everyone is referring to, they are projecting their own desires. Anyway, the show is awesome,more serious scenes and more action.

• Roxie says:

“I truly would stop watching the show if Jane and Maura became a couple” Good-bye and see you later. You’re in the minority. There are plenty of het shows for you to choose from. Have fun >:-<

41. Bia says:

More action, Jane jumping off a building…. No Rizzles …. #RandIBrasil

42. Johanna says:

This show still running because of the roles of Angie and Sasha…Sorry but J.Tamaro suck as a writer for crime/suspense scenes. If I watch this show is because of them and because of their chemistry.

I don’t like Casey/Jane. Come on the guy left Jane only because he couldn’t give her kids and pleased her in bed? Love is no only about
    that but I should blame Tamaro for that message. I am for Rizzles but I am pretty sure they won’t risk the show for a lez relationship.

The poster like the one with the handcuffs and this one are do on purpose to keep people who ship Rizzles like me glue to the tv waiting for that moment which possible will never happen.

I hope this season is a little darker but with a little of humour. I hate season 3 and specially the last episode because the characters seen off and distant specially Jane and Maura.

43. Phyllis says:

I love this show, the comedy, the drama, the chases, and the looks that Angie has when Sasha says something out of the blue. I would love to see Jane with Casey I think they make a cute couple. The show is great because it takes your mind off all the bad things that are going on in this world.

44. Xena says:

I would like to see a return to Season 1 dynamics. Bring back Season 1 Jane and Season 1 Maura! And please more drama less silly theme music and for the love of GOD, please stop putting beards between Jane and Maura or anything else! We all know that the chemistry between the two actors is what drew us to the show in the first place and keeps us tuning in. To ruin that chemistry by refusing to let them touch or have more alone time is counterproductive if you ask me. Oh look! You did ask me! :) My opinion.

45. raive says:

I don’t think they should be lovers but they should not be afraid to give them the same close loving ‘friendship’ they had in season one. They are magnificant together. Let them have that. They don’t need to have men creeping all around them to prove they are straight. Instead, let the chemistry work. Don,t be afraid to continue to show two strong, intelligent, adult women working as professionals.

Get better writers that can create more drama instead of the clowning around and bad plot lines that take the actors completely out of character.

46. Kathy Hudgins says:

Hope the stories get back to the darker side like in season one and part of 2. Leave the family drama out. These 2 are friends in real life and that is why the show works.

47. kiwi says:

Rizzoli on Isles lol. I’m neither opposed to them getting together or staying friends. They have incredible chemistry either way. the interaction between the characters is really what makes this show, en mi opinion so some classic Maura quirks and Jane sarcasm is all i need

48. Crates99 says:

I still haven’t been able to find it on local cable this year! This week looks like it’s preempted by the NBA. When is it supposed to be on???

49. dacaria says:

It doesn’t matter to be who Jane and Maura date, I’m just happy the show’s back! Love the chemistry between the actors, love the teasing between the characters. I do not however want to see Jane back with Casey!! Casey treated Jane like crap. His attempt at being “noble” by pushing Jane away just came across as selfish and hurtful and Jane’s character became unrecognizable as this weepy, needy, begging person we never saw before when she tried to get back into his life. TPTB can bring on whatever love interests they want, I’ll watch eiter way b/c I love R & I, but no Casey, Jane could definitely do better than Casey.

• Jessie says:

Yeah. I’m a lesbian and while I do like Rizzles, I’d be happy with anyone other than Casey. I didnt feel the romance and frankly…he was a jerk.

50. Trisha says:

Detective Frost says he’s had a Big Crush on Jane, in the last episode of season 3…. They wont make a bad couple either! :)