Emmys

CBS, Y&R Lead Daytime Emmy Nominations; OLTL Nabs Three Nods, Including for Best Drama

Get More: Awards, Daytime TV, Emmys, News

Daytime Emmy Nominations 2013CBS led the pack at Wednesday’s announcement of nominees for the 40th Daytime Emmy Awards, amassing 50 total nods.

Fueling the Eye’s impressive showing was a total of 23 nominations for The Young and the Restless, which topped all (of the few remaining) daytime dramas. ABC’s General Hospital followed with 19 nods, while Days of Our Lives netted 17, The Bold and the Beautiful 15.

RELATED | General Hospital Casts ATWT Emmy Winner Maura West — As a Member of the [Spoiler] Family?

One Life to Live, which was eligible for a handful of its final ABC broadcasts, collected three nominations, including in the Outstanding Drama race.

RELATED | AMC and OLTL Stars Reveal What’s New — and Improved — About the Resurrected Dramas

Here are the nominees in a few select major categories; the rest can be found at EmmyOnline.org.

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful
Days of Our Lives
General Hospital
One Life to Live
The Young and the Restless
(…aka all of them…?)

WRITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
B&B
GH
OLTL
Y&R

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Susan Flannery (Stephanie, B&B)
Peggy McCay (Caroline, Days)
Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, Y&R)
Heather Tom (Katie, B&B)

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R)
Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)
Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)
Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Julie Marie Berman (ex-Lulu, GH)
Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)
Jessica Collins (Avery, Y&R)
Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, B&B)
Arianne Zucker (Nicole, Days)

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Bradford Anderson (Spinelli, GH)
Jeff Branson (Ronan, Y&R)
Scottt Clifton (Liam, B&B)
Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R)

YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Kristen Alderson (ex?-Starr, GH)
Hunter King (Summer, Y&R) — Editor’s note: Someone named Hunter plays someone named Summer? Kids!
Jacqueline Macinnes Wood (Steffy, B&B)
Lindsey Morgan (Kristina, GH)

YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Max Ehrich (Fenmore?!, Y&R)
Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)
Chandler Massey (Will, Days)
Freddie Smith (Sonny, Days)

OUTSTANDING MORNING PROGRAM

Family Feud
Jeopardy!
Let’s Make a Deal
The Price Is Right
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Comments (54)

• Ha ha I love the editor notes. FWIW Fenmore is named after his mother’s maiden name. Everyone calls him “Fen” (that’s not much better I know).

Fingers crossed for Susan Flannery to get one more in.

Comment by Brian E. – May 1, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah, yes, Lauren. Love me some Tracey Bregman.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 1, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doug Davidson should ein best actor. He has been overlooked for over 30 years. His scenes where he killed his son were spot on.
    Susan Flannery’ s Death of Stephanie waendlso spot on as was Katherine Kelly Lang ‘s Brooke Logan as Stephanie’s unusual choice for a companion to be eith her at the end.

Comment by paul – May 1, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Erik Valdez (ex-Trey, GH) isn’t nominated but Lindsay Morgan is?!? Oh the irony!

Comment by RoSe – May 1, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And how is Lindsey Morgan nominated for anything? Awful awful and isn’t she ex-Kristina?

Comment by Jules – May 1, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know that her final scenes have aired yet. They seem to have forgotten about her though.

Comment by Meg – May 1, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Erik Valdez couldn’t even hold his job he was so bad. But then again you can say the same thing about Lindsay. That couple and those actors were a total failure and GH smartly fired them!!

Comment by Jason – May 1, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Michael Muhney should win! That or the always awesome Peter Bergman. Doug Davidson is meh.

Comment by Scott – May 1, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! Doug Davidson had too much “Look at me!! Emmy please!!” in his performance. The others act more naturally and deserve it more

Comment by Tony – May 1, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love for Michael Muhney to win because I think he’s one of the best actors on that show. I don’t know what Doug Davidson submitted but his scenes during Ricky’s death were heartbreaking.

Comment by Lena120 – May 1, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Doug Davidson deserved the Emmy the year he had the scenes with his sister. The Ricky scenes were ok.

Comment by James – May 1, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I love them both, but Doug had the stronger storylines last year and deserves the win! Love him!!

Comment by didi – May 1, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, all you Y&R fans, but you’re all going to be unhappy. Jason Thompson had a KILLER year on GH, acting-wise. First the death of his wife, then drug addiction (in an attempt to cope with the death of his wife). And he was phenomenal.

Comment by meme – May 1, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So much this. I was rooting for an Emmy nod for Jason Thompson. He just blew me away this year. I can’t count the number of times his scenes brought me to tears.

Comment by aeromel78 – May 1, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes he did!

Comment by karen de henning – May 10, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • christian le blanc is awesome…michael muhney, too! I agree on Peter and Doug.

Comment by karen de henning – May 10, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey mat, your former co-worker at tvg — it’s haley king, not hunter king

Comment by kate – May 1, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s definitely hunter king, she used to be on that teen soap opera Hollywood Heights

Comment by amichelle – May 1, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, her full name is Hunter Haley King but she goes by just Hunter King now.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 1, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jason Thompson will win, so will Heather Tom because she’s Heather Tom. But congrats to Katherine Kelly Lang and Kristen Alderson on their first nominations. I wish Robin Mattson were in there too.

Comment by Xandra – May 1, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forgot to add James Reynolds was robbed!

Comment by Xandra – May 1, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, I think (hope) Jason Thompson wins. He deserves it. His scenes after his wife died were absolutely heartbreaking. And he managed to portray his slow slide into drug addiction without over-playing it, which is a rarity. His work last year was nothing short of astonishing.

Comment by meme – May 1, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. Jason Thompson was killing it all year long. He was legitimately making me cry from February through the summer. His scenes before Robin’s funeral (especially the scene where he can’t tie his tie) still make me emotional.

Comment by Spencer – May 1, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The acting nominees are such a joke. Can’t believe that Kelly Monaco, who was a total rockstar last season, didn’t get nominated but Lindsey Morgan and Kristen Alderson did. For acting. Lindsey Morgan was recognized for acting. Who is paying for these nominees?

Comment by dude – May 1, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!!!

Comment by jen – May 1, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree… Doug Davidson, has been overlooked for years, BUT… Nobody does it like Eric Braeden… You S.O.B!! (His words, not mine)
      LOL!!

Comment by unyquelykim – May 1, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m surprised too. I expected Julie Marie Berman in the YA category and Kelly Monaco in the Supporting category. I am also surprised only 4 actresses were nominated under Best Actress
      I was certain Finola Hughes or Laura Wright would be nominated.

Comment by Gillian – May 1, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The lack of nominating Laura Wright says a LOT….Whose choosing the nominees?

Comment by karen de henning – May 10, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How did Lindsey Morgan get nominated?! UGH!!! Where are all the TALENTED General Hospital stars?

Comment by Denise – May 1, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention Laura Wright, Finola Hughes, Kelly Sullivan, Rebecca Herbst…

Problem is they only judge one episode and not their body of work from the year.

Comment by Meg – May 1, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LAura Wright is one of the most one note actresses I’ve ever seen. Her voice is so annoying to me. She has this way of saying every line in the same rising high pitch tone. She is nowhere near the actress of Sarah Brown, who made the character so flawed and dual natured. Laura is just annoying!!

Comment by Jason – May 1, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So you’re telling me that New!Kate (sorry I’m not good with names) from GH didn’t get a nomination? These categories were so pulled out of someone’s butt. She was freaking regular Emmy worthy when she was going through all DID stuff last Spring (it got a little heavy handed towards the end but that was the writing, not her)

Comment by Rrrrrr – May 1, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The DID story needs to end… now! So played out and BORING.

Comment by Abe Froman – May 1, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about the Y&R male lead acting catagories! But where the hell is Sharon Case for best actress??? Did she not submit?

Comment by didi – May 1, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every soap but AMC got nominated. And if they can bring OLTL and AMC back, they should bring back ATWT and GL. They were the first to transition from radio to tv. They should be back.

Comment by Jamie Simone – May 1, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMC wouldn’t be eligible because they didn’t air any episodes in 2012.

Comment by Nichole – May 1, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Correct.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 1, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith for Days! Wilson Forever :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 1, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG
    Lindsay Morgan is a terrible actress. It’s unbelieveble

Comment by Audrey – May 1, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I fear this is going to be a repeat of Brittany Allen who played Marissa on AMC. She was godawful but ended up winning!

Comment by Abe Froman – May 1, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That was exactly what I thought about when I saw that Lindsay Morgan was nominated, haha. Brittany Allen was absolutely horrible. I was so freaking glad when they recast her character.

Comment by Spencer – May 1, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg, SUPER DUPER excited that Katherine Kelly Lang finally got her nom. Go, KKL, go!!!

Comment by Lipstick Socialism – May 1, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch soaps like I used to but how is Heather Tom a lead actress and Katherine Kelly Lang a supporting actress??? Katie is so freaking annoying and Brooke has been a core character from day 1. In reality this daytime Emmy’s are a joke b/c there are only a handful. But that’s just crazy. No way should Heather Tom be in the same category with Susan Flannery and Susan should win. I watched her death and it was so well done.

Comment by GS – May 1, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My question exactly! I love Susan Flannery, but please, KKL deserved the Lead nomination from B&B.

Comment by Daven C – June 16, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited that both Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith were nominated! They are terrific as will and sonny. I hope Chandler wins again this year. He deserves it!
    But I just can’t understand how Eileen Davidson was snubbed for her role as Kristen DiMera! She is so good at being bad and she really has reinvigorated the show. She definitely should have been nominated for Sypport

Comment by A.J. – May 1, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eileen did not submit herself for Emmy consideration this year. She should’ve won back when she was playing all those roles circa 1997, but I believe she lost to Guiding Light’s Cynthia Watros.

Comment by Xandra – May 2, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks for that info. I wonder why she didn’t submit herself? How do you know she didn’t? She is certainly deserving of a nomination this year. Also, I agree, she definitely should have won in ’97, i remember being dumbfounded when she lost.

Comment by AJ – May 3, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    But I just can’t understand how Eileen Davidson was snubbed for her role as Kristen DiMera! She is so great at playing a nasty character and she really has reinvigorated the show. She definitely should have been nominated for Supporting Actress (or maybe lead). And also Allison Sweeney was amazing all year. She shoulda been nominated!!

Comment by A.J. – May 1, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hard to believe Lindsey Morgan (Kristina) got nominated for an award! She’s awful and didn’t they just fire her? Jen Lilley or Kirten Storms should have been nominated. Especially Jen Lilley for the Robin’s Death and her subsequent trial storyline!!!

Comment by Jason – May 1, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Y&R airs at 4′clock in my zone. I can’t help but watch when I’m home. I freaking love Phyllis (Michelle Stafford).

Comment by Leah – May 1, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am LOL’ing a little at these nominations. Really? Linsdey Morgan? Hahahahahahahaha. Ha.
    Where are Laura Wright and Nancy Lee Grahn?
    ===
    I will say, though. The biggest shock of the night is…
    Wheel of Fortune!!!!! It was snubbed!! What on earth happened??

Comment by nick1372 – May 1, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is nice to see OLTL nominated. I am disappointed none of the actors were nominated from the show. I am interested to see next year’s Emmy’s and see if OLTL and AMC receive any noms. And Susan Flannery will win. I have never seen an episode of the B&B but with her character dying and her legacy on daytime TV she should be a shoe-in.

Comment by Leigh – May 1, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you KIDDING me!!?? Where the hell is Kelly Sullivan’s name!!!!!? OMG she was absolutely amazing all year!!!! The best actress on daytime hands down!!!! She has gone above and beyond what they should expect from this character!!! This is soooooo wrong!!! I am outraged!! I’m not even a “fan” of any particular actor. I just watch the show along with many other soaps and I am very familiar with the other noms and none of them deserve to be nominated INSTEAD of her!! What a scam!! She deserves so much better than this!!!!

Comment by Katrina – May 6, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I don’t see that Marco Dapper is nominated…someone made a great casting call there!!..I’d like to see Michael Muhney and Hunter King win..the others I can’t decide on..lots of talent

Comment by J. West – May 21, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post