TVLine Items: Cee Lo Reclaims His Voice, Top Hooker Hunt Starts, New CNN AM Fare and More!
Cee Lo Green is putting his voice to good use… again.
The eccentric recording artist is slated to return to his former Voice stomping grounds next Wednesday, May 8 — but strictly in a guest-performer capacity.
Green served as a coach on the NBC series’ first three cycles before stepping away during the current season to work on outside projects. The network has yet to officially announce whether he or fellow coach Christina Aguilera will be back for Cycle 5.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Animal Planet is looking for America’s Top Hooker — but there’s a twist. The new series (premiering June 2) is actually a high-energy fishing competition.
• Kristen Bell took to Twitter to announce that she’ll been be hosting the CMT Music Awards for a second time:
• Comedy Central has ordered a new late-night talk show, hosted by Talking Dead’s Chris Hardwick, to launch in the fall, Deadline reports. Produced by Funny Or Die’s Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the show will air four nights a week at midnight following The Colbert Report.
• CNN’s New Day, the cabler’s new Chris Cuomo-and-Kate Bolduan-hosted morning program, will bow June 10. It will air live 6-9 am from New York.
• Netflix’s new original series Orange Is the New Black will hit the streaming service Thursday, July 11. The prison-set drama — from Weeds creator Jenji Kohan — stars Taylor Schilling (Mercy) and Laura Prepon (That ’70s Show).
• Peabody- and Emmy Award-winning journalist Maria Shriver is returning to NBC News — the place she called home from 1986 to 2004 — as a special anchor. Her duties will include reporting on the evolving needs and roles of women in modern life.
• ABC has given the green light to Sing Your Face Off, a six-episode competition series in which five celebs are tasked with performing as a legendary musical icon — hair, makeup and wardrobe included.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?