Dancing With the Stars Week 7 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?

KELLIE PICKLER, DEREK HOUGHWith the hot and heavy lineup of salsas, sambas and rumbas — not to mention the Immunity Challenges and Dance-Offs — that filled the ballroom floor during Monday’s Latin Night festivities, you’d think the tension level going into tonight’s Dancing With the Stars’ live results show would’ve been equally sizzling.

But unless the DWTS producers were planning to pull a fast one via some inexplicable vote-tallying shenanigans (or if Sean Lowe’s hormonally-driven fan base took Monday night off), only one celeb — Andy Dick, at the bottom of the Judges’ Leaderboard with a paltry 17 — seemed likely to bid a fond farewell to his Mirrorball Dreams. That said, Carrie Ann’s ’5′ for Andy’s rumba was way harsh. Lighten up, girlfriend!

The other sure thing going into tonight’s results: An on-fire Kellie Pickler, whose 29 points for last night’s sensational samba trumped Aly Raisman’s equally-scored salsa (Pickler’s higher season-long totals broke the tie), earned the country songstress a DWTS first — immunity from elimination.

Given this Week 7 lull in the ‘who’s going home’ drama, it’s no surprise that tonight’s show featured a buffed up series of performances, highlighted by silky smooth crooner Michael Bublé and So You Think You Can Dance stars Allison Holker and Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss, accompanied by violinist Lindsey Stirling. And how could you not be inspired by Boston marathon bombing victim (and ballroom dancer) Adrianne Haslet’s moving segment?

But without further ado, here’s the real moment of truth — tonight’s results:

FINAL THREE COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff
Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson
Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson
Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

ELIMINATED
Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

“I’ve been talking about it from day one … it’s just been the best,” said Andy, fighting back tears before directing a playful jab at the ‘5’ he got from Carrie Ann (“It was all your fault!”). Before departing, the funnyman added, “The fact that we were here on Week 7 has been amazing,” and then graciously thanked all the fans. “It’s been a wonderful ride.”

And with that, it’s your turn. Which couple should have really gone home tonight — or was it truly Andy’s time? Did you get a jolt of joy from the inspiring Camden Sophisticated Sisters performance? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (47)

• Oh Andy, you lasted til the last possible moment, good job!

Comment by Tim – April 30, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Andy, it was his time to go. Although not great, Sean and Ingo are better and deserve to stay another week or two. Andy went as far as he could go. Had he stayed, another star who is better would have had to go. Next week Sean should go followed by Ingo. Then I think a 4 couple finale would be better because Jacoby, Ally, Kellie, and Zendaya are awesome.

Comment by Paige – April 30, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let Sean and all his fakeness be the next to leave .

Comment by forwarddad – April 30, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was sad to see Andy go, even though of course everyone knew he was the worst. But he tried and generally had a much better attitude then Victor and DL. Andy did get a pilot out of this though and apparently he now has a hot girlfriend. Its hard not to root for him, despite having no rhythm. I think I even saw Zendaya’s mascara running there. Carrie-Anne penalized Andy for an illigal lift. She is the “illigal lift” police, for whatever reason. In fairness, she has made it clear from the beginning that she does not tolerate lifts in non-lift dances.

Comment by dumas1000 – April 30, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Carrie Ann doesn’t always catch the lifts. She’s very particular and picky about which lifts she’ll penalize for. For example, she’ll penalize Andy and Sharna for a lift, but she’ll look the other way and not say anything about a Mark and Aly lift.

Comment by Meg – May 1, 2013 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Carrie Ann definitely shows favourtism to some stars, and pros as well. I think it’s a well know fact that she has little respect for Maksim. He can never do enough to please her.

Comment by Adasera – May 1, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How was Sean safe and Jacoby in the bottom three? Like I get it ABC, he’s your current cash cow, but seriously he needs to go.

Comment by Jaime – April 30, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some folks who were hoping to get rid of Andy banded together to save Sean.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli (@AnnaPaolinelli1) – April 30, 2013 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most likely Jacoby was not in the bottom three. It was probably Sean who is not a good dancer at all. They always put someone “in jeopardy” who was not in the bottom 3. Andy and Ingo were the bottom 2. You are correct that ABC is shamelessly pushing Sean on the public. I know I am in the minority but I see no appeal to him. He strikes me as an empty shell without an original thought. I would have preferred that he was the one to leave last night but the reality is that Andy was on borrowed time anyway. If it wasn’t this week it would have been next week.

Comment by chistosa – May 1, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am right with you on Sean. I find him very unpleasant.

Comment by paula – May 1, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, everyone knew Andy was never going to win this season, but let’s face it, neither is Sean, or Ingo. Andy was trying so hard and he really put his heart into every dance. He made us laugh every show. It would not have hurt one bit to have let him go on another week or 2 at the most.

Comment by Daniel Kuklaw – April 30, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. I enjoyed him, in spite of his lack of rhythm. Sean is borin and puts me to sleep. Ingo is fun but can’t dance either. I was hoping that the order for leaving would be: Sean, Ingo, then Andy. BUT Sean and Ingo DO dance better than Andy so you can’t argue with the results.

Comment by Lola – May 2, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of the 15 year old girl!!

Comment by bob stone – April 30, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? She’s delightful!

Comment by Anna Paolinelli (@AnnaPaolinelli1) – April 30, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you misspelled obnoxious…

Comment by eileen – April 30, 2013 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whether or not you think she’s delightful OR obnoxious doesn’t really matter. If you’re judging the dancing, she absolutely should stay.

Comment by Cheryl – April 30, 2013 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the results are fixed, Zendaya is amazing and for her to have been ‘in jeopardy’ was ridiculous in fact if she doesn’t at least come in 2nd I will never watch again.

Comment by Jay Ell – May 15, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why woud they do that shes one of the best ones there

Comment by Joan – May 1, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Time for snore Sean to go!

Comment by Nikkidiva – April 30, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really sad to see Andy go, he tried so hard and never gave up; he truly touched my heart along with so many others, I know. Would have been more than pleased to see Sean go tonight – he’s awkward and s-u-c-h a poor sport – way beyond being over him.

Comment by sue – April 30, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelly Pickler is adorable and is remarkably talented. I also love Jacoby because he is talented and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Ali and Sandaya are both fun to watch but I believe they have some dance background. just saying. Andy is very loveable but not talented in the same category as the above mentioned so yes he did need to go. I never watched bachelor so I don’t know if Sean is really fake or not. I hope Kelly takes all.

Comment by Louise – April 30, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with ya… Kellie all the way :)))

Comment by sue – April 30, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Kellie!! She does have some dance in her past, but nothing formal by any means. She was a cheerleader and they have to do some dance moves, and I am sure she has tumbling experience too but she in no way has the experience that Zendaya has (the kid is a singer / dancer for pete’s sake!). That is a completely stupid advantage for someone to have in this type of “competition”. Ali has some dance, that’s true, but it is ballet type for floor and beam. She did not study it independent of her gymnastics. But please tell me why Jacoby is still in this. I know that he tries, but for heaven sake he is still so gangly. I know the other men have no rhythm, or at least can not keep their bodies and feet in unison for an entire song, but good grief. Oh, and lifts – what about Jacoby’s lift – lets all just ignore that cause Carrie Anne certainly did! Those who think Sean is basically an air bubble with legs – I’m with ya. Not that pretty to look at, and certainly nothing of consequence in the hat rack area. Ingo, well, he just needs to make himself scarce. At least he is not all self-bolster.
      Anyway, almost regardless of their abilities coming in (or maybe using it in conjunction with other factors including ‘realistic ability to win’) ABC skews everything by determining who your partner is going to be. There Kellie got the choice pick cause all the judges love Derek! Don’t you notice how he often gets the bouncy, bubbly, energetic pretty little things? Think that is a coincidence :s

Comment by Judy – May 3, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fix was in! Of my family’s 50 possible votes for Andy Dick, we were allowed to record only a total of 7. It was clear that he wasn’t going to be allowed to win this week. I wonder if the whole thing is scripted from the beginning of the season. I wonder if the ‘quiz show rules’ apply here?

Comment by K – April 30, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kellie also has dance experience and was a cheerleader and if you know ANYTHING about cheerleaders you know they have dance background so leave Zendaya alone.

Comment by mia – May 1, 2013 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very true, Kellie has had previous experience. Seems like the judges only see her with any talent so why even have the competition. The judges seem to be disgusted with the inexperienced dancers and have made some very rude, harsh criticism. Why would anyone want to watch this show anymore???

Comment by guest – May 1, 2013 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! They have their favorite and it is Derek! They already icked who they want to win!

Comment by GLORIA LEWIS – May 2, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Every season they want Derek’s partner to win and it’s ruining the show.

Comment by John – May 2, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That is false, you remember the season with shawn, they were wonderful! Len always qualified low … do not say that derek always the favorite, that’s not true.

Comment by Manolita – May 2, 2013 08:18 PM PDT
      • I totally agree and when this show first started everyone was more or less equal now it is just favoritism and I will not be watching next year

Comment by Jay Ell – May 15, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kellie doesn’t have anything like Zendaya’s experience who’s a ringer imo. She was in a dance troupe for 3 yrs.

Comment by Deena – May 1, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been very, very impressed with this season with the fairness of the order of eliminations. Unlike some previous seasons, there have been no severe miscarriages of justice.

Comment by MaryAnn – May 1, 2013 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have not liked Andy since day 1 so I was glad when I found out he had sent home!!

Comment by McKinlee Hudgens – May 1, 2013 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jacoby is so full of himself and surprisingly not a great technical dancer.

Btw, it was the bottom 2 this time, not in jeopardy…

Comment by Tom – May 1, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t expect to like Andy, but I found him very sweet and likable. It was time for him to go, but I thoroughly enjoyed him. Well done, Andy!

Comment by Meredith – May 1, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Andy was fun to watch and he did try his hardest It was his time but will miss him

Comment by Joan – May 1, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agreed. I have a really sensitive spot in my heart for addicts going through that unthinkably hellish process of becoming healthy. I will continue to cross my fingers, post-DWTS, for his continued good life.

Comment by Katie – May 2, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Jacoby. But as soon as he gets eliminated, he should hurry up, and take his mom with him.

Comment by wilson – May 1, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also like watching Jacoby, and I so agree with you about his mom. It’s not charming, or funny, it’s obnoxious! Why exactly is she being given screen time for behaviour that, in any other setting, would be considered boorish, and she would be asked to tone it down, or leave! Perhaps she’s just used to cheering for her son at the football field. Please Ms Jones, sit down. Your over the top support is probably hurting your son’s chances much more than helping them.

That all being said, I find him incredibly entertaining, if not the best technically. Kellie is wonderful, Zendaya lovely, and Aly is coming out of her shell nicely. Ingo isn’t as bad as the judges make him sound, and Sean, well, Sean just puts me off right away. Something doesn’t ring true about him. I never watched the Bachelor, so I’m just going by what I see on DWTS.

I fully expected to root for Andy Dick’s immediate elimination, but he won me over on night one with his humble, self-deprecating honesty. Seeing Sherri Sheppard and Eric Roberts crying with pride was so wonderful to watch. I am so happy for him that he has managed to turn his life around. The dance for his daughter was so heartwarming…good luck Andy. I hope you continue on your road of recovery, knowing that you touched the hearts of so many.

Comment by Buffy0531 – May 1, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, it was time for Andy to go even though I voted for him every week. He was entertaining to watch, such a sweetie, and he tried so hard. I’m rooting for him in his future endeavors.

I’ve been ready for Sean to go since week one. I’m even more ready to see him go after the vomit-inducing shenanigans about having to pretend that his fiance was his partner so he could work up some semblance of attraction for his partner during the rumba. He is disgusting to me, and I’m so ready to see him gone.

Comment by paula – May 1, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Andy and voted for him too, but I still am very curious about this question: do eliminated contestants still go on the Jimmy Kimmel Show the night they are eliminated? If so, that’s gotta be awkward given that Andy was thrown off that same show a few years ago! Anyone have a clip from last night, if so?

Comment by CultureVulture – May 1, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Twitch performance really had me jonesing for SYTYCD!

Comment by Ann VerWiebe – May 1, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Technically Kellie is the best dancer, Zendaya is the best at confidence and upper body and facial expression, from the waist down not too much going on. She has speed, that’s it and boy can she play to the camera. Jacoby is too full of himself,not really a good dancer,very good at the split and his mother has to go. Hope Kellie takes it she deserves it.

Comment by Cookie0 – May 1, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post