Dallas Renewed for Season 3: When Is It Back?

Dallas Renewed for Season 3Putting to rest much anxiety amongst the serial’s fans, TNT on Tuesday announced that Dallas will in fact return for Season 3.

The news comes more than two weeks after the show’s Season 2 finale.

RELATED | Dallas Season 2 Finale Recap: The J.R. Mystery Is Solved (Twice) — Plus: Did Pam Ewing Return?

Dallas has built a passionately loyal following with its expertly woven storylines, clever twists and turns, and numerous outstanding performances by a cast that spans generations,” TNT/TBS/TCM president Michael Wright said in a statement. “Although we said goodbye to Larry Hagman and his iconic character J.R. Ewing this year, Dallas has many more stories left to tell, and the Ewing clan will continue to honor J.R.’s memory by keeping its audience surprised and delighted.”

RELATED | Southland Producer Weighs In on TNT Drama’s Current Renewal Odds

Dallas‘ double-episode Season 2 finale averaged 2.9 million total viewers and about a 0.9 demo rating, rising 30 and 20 percent from the week prior and on par with its season opener. TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “A-.”

The 15-episode Season 3 is slated to launch in early 2014.

1. Michelle says:

YAY!!!! Thanks, TNT!

2. Magically Suspicious says:

Yay!

3. TW says:

This is fantastic news but I am concerned about it airing in “early 2014″. Wouldn’t it be better served in a summer cycle where the competition isn’t as tough? I would rather sacrifice a few extra months and wait until Summer 2014 if that meant better renewal opportunity for future seasons

• kurlytop says:

Totally agree! It did really well when it debuted last summer. That’s when I got hooked.

• dude says:

Completely agree. I hope they change their minds and push it back a bit. It’s not too late.

• Angela says:

I agree plus this is a show I don’t want to have to wait to long between seasons, cause people might lose interest

• Chicago Dan says:

Consider it a plus that TNT chose to move Dallas to this past January. If not, filming would not have begun until Spring and Larry Hagman would’ve passed away. It was a blessing that TNT moved up S2 and Hagman was able to participate in the show and they were able to create a great ending for an iconic character. TNT needs new programming throughout the year – they must be pleased with Dallas’ ratings if they are keeping it in January. I’m just glad it’s back!

• Dana says:

This show was great..loved it. Didnt think I would like it in comparison to the original but this is just as good. To have to wait until 2014 is a long ways away :(

• Carrie says:

REALLY?! Lose interest? Worried about competition! HAHA Nothing competes with this- I dumped another show for this when they changed nights from season 1 to season 2.

• clubcarman says:

Really like the “NEW” Dallas . A mixture of young talent with some of the old. Thankfully not too much of the old, sorry Lucy. Keep up the good work!

• lking says:

I think it’s fantastic also.. Love the new Dallas much more than the old series. If I could only watch 1 hour of tv a week. this would be it. Also agree it would do better if they kept in in summer. Thats when I started watching it.

4. Lynne says:

Only thing that makes me mad about this is that it wont be back on sooner!!!!

5. Rob says:

I think this show is great as a summer show so I’m not sure why they want to keep with the January premiere. I know summer is fast approaching, and timing-wise it doesn’t work out but it’s a shame because it’s one hell of a show, but particularly during the summertime with less competition on my DVR. The best news!

6. Why can’t TNT wait till June 2014 for this show? It does better as a summer series, no competition to dull its ratings [like this year with "The Following" and "DWTS"]. Push the show to summer and watch the ratings soar, it would be appointment TV on those sultry nights.

• Midori says:

Why not do what USA does and show 8 in the summer and 8 in the winter?

• Roz11 says:

Yes! Funny thing is, Dallas being a soap was WAY much better than The Following as a thriller slash noir slash serial killer mystery slash whatever. Sorry for Kevin Bacon, who is always brilliant (and the cast generally were pretty good, at least the episodes I watched). But the show?a real sleeper, imo. And Dallas is simply SO MUCH FUN!!

• Roz11 says:

Summer shows that aren’t such anymore (and I wish they were!): Dallas and Haven. Nothing to do with each other but both made lovely Summer tv! What a pity. Anyway, at least they will be back!

7. dude says:

I raise my cowboy hat to the air Yesss!!!!

8. Lea says:

Yay!!! So happy for Dallas! Love the show!

9. Liam says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! If only NBC renews Hannibal I could get my sleep back

10. thi86 says:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for this! love Dallas!

11. didi says:

wooohooo! YES!

12. Shannon says:

That’s great!! Now when will we get the announcement about Southland??

13. KenBud says:

Two words. KNOTS. LANDING.

14. Tony Vernon says:

Brilliant news will we in the uk see season 3 as channel 5 in the uk haven’t said wether they are or not carrying on with the superb show!! Due to the fact of low viewing figures!!!

• Woolley says:

Be better if a decent channel got hold of it and gave it the publicity it deserves. It is brilliant, at least as good as the original. Great writing and fine acting. Channel 5 are a bunch of losers and don’t know quality when it’s staring them in the face. Back on a real network in the UK please.

15. Elyse says:

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you TNT :) :) :)

16. Robert says:

Best news of the day. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

17. Sal says:

Great news indeed….looking forward to another season. Now as someone posted earlier if we can get a renewal on Southland I will be very very happy.

18. Jen says:

Yes!!!!!!! This news just made my day. I hate that we have to wait until 2014 but I’ll take more Dallas whenever I can get it. I need my John Ross and Pamela fix. Those two totally hooked me on this show!

19. sabrina says:

Great news. I’m looking forward to season 3.

20. Patti says:

Yes! Thanks TNT! Love Dallas, Southfork and the whole Ewing clan… (miss you JR…) and our whole family watch….younger and older generations….us in our 50′s and ones in 20′s and 30′s. Great story lines this year! Can’t wait!!!!!

21. Julie says:

Bring on Pamela & Elena vs. John Ross and the Ewings!

22. Gillian says:

Love, love, love Dallas! So happy it gets a third season. Awesome news!

23. Kaulbach Kurt-James says:

Seems pretty unanimous, TNT. Airing in winter spells certain doom. Unless you plan to send her off at lucky three…

24. Noelle says:

I love dallas roll on 2014 can’t wait. : )

25. TV Gord says:

I guess since Monday Mornings wasn’t announced at the same time, it’s probably dead. Great news about Dallas, though!

26. christine says:

This is WONDERUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait for season 3. I have some suggestion for season 3 that I will make on here later. I am thrilled that the Ewing family is back

27. christine says:

Lets get Knots Landing and Dynasty back as well

28. paul says:

A Dallas Knots Landing back to back combo would be priceless!

29. Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    I’m finally glad that the show has been renewed by TNT for third season. Long live the kings.

30. Nora BRenneis says:

Hooray I have been checking every day. I think they should do what USA does split it into two sections so there is viewing in summer. It is a great show and I love it. Thank you TNT. Now just bring back Leverage and I will be ecstatic

31. Thank you TNT for listening to the fans! We love our show DALLAS. We fans are so very happy now. Looking forward to the episodes is like waiting to open your Christmas gifts on Christmas morning! THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN! Take a poll and you will be amazed at how many fans there are of the show, Dallas!

32. tp says:

Is this a good omen for Monday Mornings?

33. Dave says:

AMAZING!

34. Dave says:

Grew up with JR, go way back! Good to see a fitting end to this legend. The magic lives on with Jnr. Dallas for life

35. judy says:

Awesome show! Just hate waiting so long

36. Emmanuel says:

So gratfull they renew this excellent show! yeahh!
    Just ONE big request for season 3… …BRING BACK JUDITH LIGHT !!!!!
    She is THE ONE that could become the new evil one on the show!
    Don’t you all agree?

37. Maria says:

Absoultly love dallas. So sad we have to wait so long for season 3 the eposides should be aired right tnrough the year. So annoyed of watching boring series where dallas keeps us glued to the screen

38. Naneu says:

Omg I love Dallas sooo much….It’s addictive please do not keep us waiting for soo long…

39. Nick says:

Greetings from the UK. I grew up with and was hooked on the original and it’s like history repeating itself with the finale I’ve just watched……..totally brilliant. Roll on season 3 and please let a good network buy it in the UK next time such as the BBC who showed the original.

40. is it coming to the UK??? I really hope so as have been hooked!

41. Lorna Harvey says:

Dallas had been brilliant long term fan, such a shame to lose Lorry hangman. R I P. can’t wait for new series to start shame it’s not till 2014

42. Ian says:

Get it off of CHANNEL 5 in the UK. Worthless bunch of losers, happy to get the plaudits when the 1st series got their best viewing figures, and jumped ship after 2 episodes when they scheduled it like s*** and no advertising. We had to tape JR’s funeral and all the other episodes because unlike those useless bunch of money grabbling losers….we have jobs the next day

43. Margaret says:

JR lives on!

44. Si71 says:

Felt like cracking open a bottle of champagne when I heard the news. Fantastic & well deserved. I was hoping Dallas season 3 would be shown on another channel but bad news it will be on Channel 5. Their treatment of season 2 was diabolical – shoving it to a graveyard slot. I hope the head of programming had a reprimand & realises what a balls up they made & promote the series as it deserves.

45. Tracey says:

Great news for American tv that season 3 of Dallas will go ahead, lets hope that British TV will show this brilliant show. I was a fan of the old Dallas and I am a very big fan of this Dallas. I didn’t think that anything could beat the original but the last 2 series have been just fantastic, Wverything a true Dallas fan could hope for. Fingers crossed we British will be watching series 3.

46. tabitha says:

Alot of comments to bring it back this summer of it was just approved and not yet filmed we want them to take more than just a few months film it just sayimg