Dallas Renewed for Season 3: When Is It Back?

Get More: News, Renewals

Dallas Renewed for Season 3Putting to rest much anxiety amongst the serial’s fans, TNT on Tuesday announced that Dallas will in fact return for Season 3.

The news comes more than two weeks after the show’s Season 2 finale.

RELATED | Dallas Season 2 Finale Recap: The J.R. Mystery Is Solved (Twice) — Plus: Did Pam Ewing Return?

Dallas has built a passionately loyal following with its expertly woven storylines, clever twists and turns, and numerous outstanding performances by a cast that spans generations,” TNT/TBS/TCM president Michael Wright said in a statement. “Although we said goodbye to Larry Hagman and his iconic character J.R. Ewing this year, Dallas has many more stories left to tell, and the Ewing clan will continue to honor J.R.’s memory by keeping its audience surprised and delighted.”

RELATED | Southland Producer Weighs In on TNT Drama’s Current Renewal Odds

Dallas‘ double-episode Season 2 finale averaged 2.9 million total viewers and about a 0.9 demo rating, rising 30 and 20 percent from the week prior and on par with its season opener. TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “A-.”

The 15-episode Season 3 is slated to launch in early 2014.

Tags: ,

Comments (128)

• YAY!!!! Thanks, TNT!

Comment by Michelle – April 30, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi. Desperate to see season 3 in UK. How long do we have to wait????

Fantastic series!!

Comment by Mary – May 17, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would be awsome to bring back Victoria Principal !!!!

Comment by rock picard – September 24, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Love the show in fact many years ago my husband and I flew down to Dallas to have our picture taken at Southfork
          It was awesome

Comment by Joanna – November 29, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Apparently I heard that Patrick Duffy & Victoria Principal never got along. Maybe they will bring back a different Pam.

Comment by Dianne – December 29, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When is dallas back on tv in the uk

Comment by ogbourne@hotmail.com – February 20, 2014 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Best show on tv , I hope we dont lose anymore of the old stars , bringing back Pam would really help now that jr is gone.

Comment by jack – August 8, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sooooooooooo happy Dallas is returning!!! It’s the best show on TV!!!! I can breathe again!!!!!!

Comment by Combo – August 11, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 23 more days until Dallas returns and the previews have me soooooooo EXCITED!!!!!! I can’t wait!!!!!! Yesssssss!!!!

Comment by Combo – February 1, 2014 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can someone tell me what channel number on sky or freeview

Comment by Dave – March 24, 2014 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BLESS

Comment by Hmm. – April 30, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – April 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is fantastic news but I am concerned about it airing in “early 2014″. Wouldn’t it be better served in a summer cycle where the competition isn’t as tough? I would rather sacrifice a few extra months and wait until Summer 2014 if that meant better renewal opportunity for future seasons

Comment by TW – April 30, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! It did really well when it debuted last summer. That’s when I got hooked.

Comment by kurlytop – April 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. I hope they change their minds and push it back a bit. It’s not too late.

Comment by dude – April 30, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • or better yet bring it out this summer, best of both. :)

Comment by Anonomous – May 20, 2013 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree plus this is a show I don’t want to have to wait to long between seasons, cause people might lose interest

Comment by Angela – April 30, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Consider it a plus that TNT chose to move Dallas to this past January. If not, filming would not have begun until Spring and Larry Hagman would’ve passed away. It was a blessing that TNT moved up S2 and Hagman was able to participate in the show and they were able to create a great ending for an iconic character. TNT needs new programming throughout the year – they must be pleased with Dallas’ ratings if they are keeping it in January. I’m just glad it’s back!

Comment by Chicago Dan – April 30, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show was great..loved it. Didnt think I would like it in comparison to the original but this is just as good. To have to wait until 2014 is a long ways away :(

Comment by Dana – June 20, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • REALLY?! Lose interest? Worried about competition! HAHA Nothing competes with this- I dumped another show for this when they changed nights from season 1 to season 2.

Comment by Carrie – July 27, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really like the “NEW” Dallas . A mixture of young talent with some of the old. Thankfully not too much of the old, sorry Lucy. Keep up the good work!

Comment by clubcarman – November 17, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s fantastic also.. Love the new Dallas much more than the old series. If I could only watch 1 hour of tv a week. this would be it. Also agree it would do better if they kept in in summer. Thats when I started watching it.

Comment by lking – September 29, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only thing that makes me mad about this is that it wont be back on sooner!!!!

Comment by Lynne – April 30, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the new Dallas tv show.I watch in the 70′s and 80′s keep up the good work.We have to many reality shows.

Comment by Dianna L Goode – August 21, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show is great as a summer show so I’m not sure why they want to keep with the January premiere. I know summer is fast approaching, and timing-wise it doesn’t work out but it’s a shame because it’s one hell of a show, but particularly during the summertime with less competition on my DVR. The best news!

Comment by Rob – April 30, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t TNT wait till June 2014 for this show? It does better as a summer series, no competition to dull its ratings [like this year with "The Following" and "DWTS"]. Push the show to summer and watch the ratings soar, it would be appointment TV on those sultry nights.

Comment by Mark DeLoatch – April 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why not do what USA does and show 8 in the summer and 8 in the winter?

Comment by Midori – April 30, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Funny thing is, Dallas being a soap was WAY much better than The Following as a thriller slash noir slash serial killer mystery slash whatever. Sorry for Kevin Bacon, who is always brilliant (and the cast generally were pretty good, at least the episodes I watched). But the show?a real sleeper, imo. And Dallas is simply SO MUCH FUN!!

Comment by Roz11 – April 30, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Summer shows that aren’t such anymore (and I wish they were!): Dallas and Haven. Nothing to do with each other but both made lovely Summer tv! What a pity. Anyway, at least they will be back!

Comment by Roz11 – April 30, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I raise my cowboy hat to the air Yesss!!!!

Comment by dude – April 30, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t have one, but if I did, i’d be in the balcony doing the same thing ;)

Comment by Roz11 – April 30, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! So happy for Dallas! Love the show!

Comment by Lea – April 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Gary , going to show up ! What about hiis daughter &kids? Is Cliff and Family Show up on the Show?

Comment by Thomas Jr. – January 16, 2014 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! If only NBC renews Hannibal I could get my sleep back

Comment by Liam – April 30, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for this! love Dallas!

Comment by thi86 – April 30, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wooohooo! YES!

Comment by didi – April 30, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great!! Now when will we get the announcement about Southland??

Comment by Shannon – April 30, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two words. KNOTS. LANDING.

Comment by KenBud – April 30, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!! I miss that show sooooooooo much!!

Comment by Tina – June 2, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news….

Comment by RUCookie – April 30, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant news will we in the uk see season 3 as channel 5 in the uk haven’t said wether they are or not carrying on with the superb show!! Due to the fact of low viewing figures!!!

Comment by Tony Vernon – April 30, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Be better if a decent channel got hold of it and gave it the publicity it deserves. It is brilliant, at least as good as the original. Great writing and fine acting. Channel 5 are a bunch of losers and don’t know quality when it’s staring them in the face. Back on a real network in the UK please.

Comment by Woolley – May 4, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you TNT :) :) :)

Comment by Elyse – April 30, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news of the day. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Comment by Robert – April 30, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news indeed….looking forward to another season. Now as someone posted earlier if we can get a renewal on Southland I will be very very happy.

Comment by Sal – April 30, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!!!!! This news just made my day. I hate that we have to wait until 2014 but I’ll take more Dallas whenever I can get it. I need my John Ross and Pamela fix. Those two totally hooked me on this show!

Comment by Jen – April 30, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. I’m looking forward to season 3.

Comment by sabrina – April 30, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Thanks TNT! Love Dallas, Southfork and the whole Ewing clan… (miss you JR…) and our whole family watch….younger and older generations….us in our 50′s and ones in 20′s and 30′s. Great story lines this year! Can’t wait!!!!!

Comment by Patti – April 30, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring on Pamela & Elena vs. John Ross and the Ewings!

Comment by Julie – April 30, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love Dallas! So happy it gets a third season. Awesome news!

Comment by Gillian – April 30, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Amy – April 30, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems pretty unanimous, TNT. Airing in winter spells certain doom. Unless you plan to send her off at lucky three…

Comment by Kaulbach Kurt-James – April 30, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love dallas roll on 2014 can’t wait. : )

Comment by Noelle – April 30, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess since Monday Mornings wasn’t announced at the same time, it’s probably dead. Great news about Dallas, though!

Comment by TV Gord – April 30, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is WONDERUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait for season 3. I have some suggestion for season 3 that I will make on here later. I am thrilled that the Ewing family is back

Comment by christine – April 30, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lets get Knots Landing and Dynasty back as well

Comment by christine – April 30, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Dallas Knots Landing back to back combo would be priceless!

Comment by paul – April 30, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im with you on that. Love the new Dallas show & Knots landing was one of my favorites back in the day.

Comment by joann – October 18, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    I’m finally glad that the show has been renewed by TNT for third season. Long live the kings.

Comment by Justin Burnell – April 30, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray I have been checking every day. I think they should do what USA does split it into two sections so there is viewing in summer. It is a great show and I love it. Thank you TNT. Now just bring back Leverage and I will be ecstatic

Comment by Nora BRenneis – May 1, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you TNT for listening to the fans! We love our show DALLAS. We fans are so very happy now. Looking forward to the episodes is like waiting to open your Christmas gifts on Christmas morning! THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN! Take a poll and you will be amazed at how many fans there are of the show, Dallas!

Comment by Sherry Taylor-Woods – May 1, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this a good omen for Monday Mornings?

Comment by tp – May 1, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMAZING!

Comment by Dave – May 1, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grew up with JR, go way back! Good to see a fitting end to this legend. The magic lives on with Jnr. Dallas for life

Comment by Dave – May 1, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome show! Just hate waiting so long

Comment by judy – May 1, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by Ella – May 2, 2013 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So gratfull they renew this excellent show! yeahh!
    Just ONE big request for season 3… …BRING BACK JUDITH LIGHT !!!!!
    She is THE ONE that could become the new evil one on the show!
    Don’t you all agree?

Comment by Emmanuel – May 4, 2013 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absoultly love dallas. So sad we have to wait so long for season 3 the eposides should be aired right tnrough the year. So annoyed of watching boring series where dallas keeps us glued to the screen

Comment by Maria – May 7, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I love Dallas sooo much….It’s addictive please do not keep us waiting for soo long…

Comment by Naneu – May 8, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greetings from the UK. I grew up with and was hooked on the original and it’s like history repeating itself with the finale I’ve just watched……..totally brilliant. Roll on season 3 and please let a good network buy it in the UK next time such as the BBC who showed the original.

Comment by Nick – May 8, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it coming to the UK??? I really hope so as have been hooked!

Comment by Stuart Mitchell – May 12, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas had been brilliant long term fan, such a shame to lose Lorry hangman. R I P. can’t wait for new series to start shame it’s not till 2014

Comment by Lorna Harvey – May 14, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get it off of CHANNEL 5 in the UK. Worthless bunch of losers, happy to get the plaudits when the 1st series got their best viewing figures, and jumped ship after 2 episodes when they scheduled it like s*** and no advertising. We had to tape JR’s funeral and all the other episodes because unlike those useless bunch of money grabbling losers….we have jobs the next day

Comment by Ian – May 15, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JR lives on!

Comment by Margaret – May 15, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felt like cracking open a bottle of champagne when I heard the news. Fantastic & well deserved. I was hoping Dallas season 3 would be shown on another channel but bad news it will be on Channel 5. Their treatment of season 2 was diabolical – shoving it to a graveyard slot. I hope the head of programming had a reprimand & realises what a balls up they made & promote the series as it deserves.

Comment by Si71 – May 16, 2013 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news for American tv that season 3 of Dallas will go ahead, lets hope that British TV will show this brilliant show. I was a fan of the old Dallas and I am a very big fan of this Dallas. I didn’t think that anything could beat the original but the last 2 series have been just fantastic, Wverything a true Dallas fan could hope for. Fingers crossed we British will be watching series 3.

Comment by Tracey – May 16, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alot of comments to bring it back this summer of it was just approved and not yet filmed we want them to take more than just a few months film it just sayimg

Comment by tabitha – May 19, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post