TVLine Items: Office Star Arrested, New Dexter Promos, J.J. Abrams Eyes Stephen King & More!

Arrested Development Cast John KrasinskiJohn Krasinski‘s first post-Office “TV” gig has been revealed.

After clocking out of the NBC series, the actor will make a cameo in the new season of Arrested Development, debuting May 26 on Netflix, reports EW.com.

RELATED | NBC to Air Office Series Finale Retrospective Special

No details about his guest spot are available yet.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

And the killer Dexter promos just keep on coming. The latest teaser touting the Showtime saga’s eighth and final season (bowing June 30 at 9/8c) takes you behind the mask of a murderer, while the second questions Deb’s so-called “victim” status.

VIDEO | Dexter Season 8 — ‘Final Symphony’ of the Dark Passenger’s Kills

Press PLAY below to watch (and screen-grab) the previews, then hit the comments: What’s to become of Dex and Deb?

In other Dexter news, 24 alum Julian Sands has joined the series’ final season, per TVGuide.com. He’ll play an international businessman named Miles Foster.

Downton Abbey star Michelle Dockery will lend her voice to Family Guy, playing — stop us if this sounds familiar — an aristocrat in a British period drama, per EW.com.

RELATED | NBC Renewed Shows 2013 -- Parenthood, Revolution, Grimm and More!

• Cult creator Rockne S. O’Bannon has joined NBC’s Revolution as an executive producer, per The Hollywood Reporter. He’ll serve as No. 2 to showrunner Eric Kripke.

• J.J. Abrams is looking to adapt Stephen King’s hit novel 11/22/63 for either a TV series or miniseries, Deadline reports. The story centers on an English teacher who uncovers a portal that leads to Sept. 9, 1958. From there, he goes on a quest to prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy, which fell on the titular date.

CBS is eying a new game show titled Money Pump. Hosted by omg! Insider‘s Kevin Frazier, the project features contestants competing for $1 million against — you guessed it — a large money pump.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Zach says:

John Krasinski is in Arrested Development?!?!?! Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

2. Whatever says:

11/22/63 would make a great miniseries.
    I don’t think a series would do the book any justice.

3. Britta Unfiltered says:

Oh gosh, Julian Sands…I used to have such a crush on him. I hope he still looks good. Now I’m the mood to go watch A Room with a View.

4. These DEXTER promos are awesome. Can’t wait to see how the series beginning June 30th. Wonder if Julian Sands’ role on DEXTER could end up as a “serial killer”.

5. Shaun says:

I want Michelle Dockery on American tv.

6. King says:

It seems TV Line couldn’t find a better picture of John Krasinski. He looks like a cave man in a suit with those gigantic awkward smile and wide jaw.

7. Dom Pascullo says:

I adored that Stephen King book and J.J. Abrams is the perfect guy for it. Would love to see a mini-series of it! I hope to hear more about this project!

8. Babygate says:

“Cult creator Rockne S. O’Bannon has joined NBC’s Revolution” If I could ask a question of anyone in Hollywood is why failed showrunners are rewarded with more shows that they can ruin. Time and again I’ve seen reported in this pilot season how people attached to shows that not only failed but completely crashed, have been given the reins of new shows. To me, it defies logic…

• The Kaibosh says:

Wrong. Defiance is turning out to be very interesting and layered and adding the creator of Farscape can only be a good thing.

• Drew says:

Rockne isn’t some newbie whose only job was a failure. His career goes back to the 80’s, and he’s had a hand in many shows with strong cult followings (hence the idea for Cult). This is exactly what Revolution is looking for in term of audience.

Honestly, it’s not like he’s going to hurt the show. The writing is pretty darn weak as it is. The fact that the show has an audience boggles my mind, with the thoughtlessness that went into writing it. Cult might not have been a ratings success, but to call it a writing failure would be a mistake. It’s way better than most of the shows out there. The Following could learn a few things from it.

9. Drew says:

Okay, so say I’m thrown back to 1958… is Kennedy really the thing that I’m going to focus all of my attention on? He might not have been the worst President of all time (not gonna go there), but he was hardly worth altering the timeline over. Yeah, the Camelot image is popular, but even that was more press spin than reality.
    The 1960’s was full of riots, death, chaos… I just don’t see Kennedy being the most “Oh my God, I have to change that!” element of it all.