Two and a Half Men Renewal Scoop: Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer on Board for Season 11; Angus T. Jones' Return in Doubt

Two and a Half Men Season 11 Renewal Two men down, one half-man out the door?

Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer have finalized deals to return to Two and a Half Men next season, TVLine has learned.

Meanwhile, co-star Angus T. Jones — who came under fire last fall for biting the hand that has fed him for the past decade — will not be back as a series regular but could return as a recurring guest star while he attends college, per CBS.

VIDEO | Angus T. Jones Slams Two and a Half Men, Calls Show ‘Filth’

News of Kutcher and Cryer’s freshly inked contracts cleared the way for CBS to formally renew the long-running comedy for an 11th season late Friday.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

1. hello says:

Patton Oswalt as series regular, isntead of the kid?

• Whatever says:

I would like to see both Herb and Patton Oswald as regulars.

• whitneymuse says:

Ashton Kutcher verified that the “kid” will not return for next year: on the tonight show. (was said quickly to seem like just in passing; but he got it in there, as a response to J. Leno’s question, too.
      The suits got it in there folks. RIP to the 1/2 men. (You should have never grown up, as Peter Pan’s writers had it wired). There goes the huge weekly check for a college-aged post-pubescent pre-adult.

2. Andre says:

I hope he leaves. He isn’t funny anymore…

• Cindy says:

If he isn’t funny it’s because the writers haven’t been writing for him; but I think he should have a bigger role; the show has become a one-joke show, just sex,sex, sex and it get booring. Stories around the kid, even if he’s not a preteen any more, but is a young man and now in the service, in basic training …I would think there could be a lot of funny stuff written; and bring the mothers in more and Rose back!. AshtonKutcher’s lolks and beautiful girls don’t make up for UN-funny writing (plots and/or dialog)

• EatMorePez says:

“the show has become a one-joke show, just sex,sex, sex”

That’s Chuck Lorre’s specialty: find the lowest-hanging fruit on the comedy tree and keep on pickin’ it.

• Ted Smiff says:

Learn how to spell! You uneducated people should not post until you learn how to spell simple words. The word is spelled “boring”, not “booring”. The other word is spelled “looks”, not “lolks”…you idiot.

• Snes says:

1. I assume he spelled boring with 2 ‘o’s to emphasize the boredom
          2. Do you really think he believes looks is spelled with a second l in the middle? Didnt it occur to you that it might just be a typo?

And that makes you so angry that you need to call him an idiot?? :)

• Bob says:

Snes – I have to back Ted on No. 1. When trying to emphasize boring, you need more than one additional ‘o’. It needs to be “booooorrrrrrinnnnnngggggg”. See, much greater emphasis.

• @ Ted Smiff … Are u the new ” Spelling Police ” ? LMAO

• diana says:

Hahahahaha Too funny…but have to agree. :)

• diana says:

Okay, I was laughing (out loud) about the remark by Ted Smiff. My last comment doesn’t clarify that. One thing about 2 1/2 Men…I think it totally blows now that Charlie is gone. Does anyone else see a sink hole happening??

• Bob says:

Ted Smiff – You’re complaining about spelling and you can’t even get “Smith” correct in your own name???

• Ted Smiff says:

You are right!

3. Dick Whitman says:

It still amazes me that people actually watch this.

• Keith says:

It still amazes me that people reply about shows they don’t watch

• Dick Whitman says:

I’m sorry, are we not allowed to comment if we don’t watch? Ok.

• dutchee says:

How can you make an educated comment about a show you don’t watch? Just curious.

• Delirious says:

Well, I usually say I don’t watch it, because it isn’t a show I follow regularly, or try to catch when it’s on, or think about watching when I have nothing else to watch, although I’ve watched it in the past, either trying to enjoy it, or because someone else was watching… And I can say that even though I’ve never really enjoyed it too much, I’ve seen it’s been getting worse and worse. Maybe it’s the same case for him?

Anyway, yeah, I don’t really get why the show continues being supported by the network – does it really do such good numbers, or bring in so much cash, or tickles the network execs’ fancies so much?

• Herbfan says:

The show still gets good ratings. New episodes may cost more than ever. Kutcher is getting less than Sheen. Sheen’s contract rewarded him for his earlier work, promising to pay him his salary EVEN if he quit. Perhaps there was a settlement about that. Anyway, it’s good business to have a lot of episodes in the syndication package.

• SWOTD says:

I watched this show for 8 years, but stopped after charlie left. When charlie left the show died. It sucks and it wil continue to suck.

4. Brandy says:

Season 11? Seriously?! It’s time to wrap it up.

• Keith says:

Change the channel if you don’t like it

• Bridie says:

I don’t watch it either. Only because it’s gone soooo bad. I usually love American comedy I’m (UK). Two and a half men being a favourite. Now though?? Good god!!! Ity’s cringing :(

• Bob says:

If they still have ratings, that means money. And o one loves money more than Les Moonves!

• Bob says:

Arrgghhh! *And no one*

• Ben says:

I gotta say Bob, your reponse to your own typo was awesome! Wonderful irony and thumbs up for busting yourself.
          As for the show, I’ve noticed the struggle the writers have had trying to find a new identity. But, they’ve had a few good moments. I like the introduction of the Charlie’s lesbian daughter. Ashton character is the one they’ve had the hardest time with, in terms of making him funny.

5. TV Gord says:

I say make the show about Alan, Walden and Herb all living at Walden’s house. I’ve always considered Alan to be the half-man in the title anyway. ;-)

• Lena says:

That is too funny I was thinking the exact same thing. Plus it seemed like they were hinting at that this season with all the episodes about Herb being left by Judith (though she did come back right?). Maybe they are laying the ground work for this if Angus doesn’t come back. I think it would work and would be funny.

• Drizz says:

I agree entirely! Before Kutcher was signed,I wrote CBS suggesting Herb be made a regular. As this season has shown, Ryan Stiles plays very well with both of the show’s stars. I find I enjoy episodes with Herb more than those without. Alan IS the “half man”- make Herb the replacement man!

6. PPPG says:

IMHO the kid is going and ill be replaced by Herb

7. Herbfan says:

Yes, make Herb a regular character, if the show continues. As for Angus T. Jones, he really wasn’t featured much this season. Really, it’s time to pull the plug on this expensive show. I remember when CBS was called “the Tiffany of the networks.”

8. RobMF says:

Ryan Stiles is really the saving grace of this show. His appearances are always great. Angus isn’t even barely on the show anyway. So who cares if he leaves? They should just announce this as the last season.

9. Two and a Half Men should have a “final season” if it gets renewed.

10. dude says:

Ryan has kept the funny going and Patton who should return next season

11. Jocelyn says:

Wouldn’t the title contradict itself that way? Ha. But seriously,is this really a smart decision for the show?

12. Et. Al says:

I hope that crazy, snotty, brat saves his money. He’s never going to work again.

13. april-ann says:

I think it’s been a while since they’ve cared about the title. They tried to make the title work when they introduced Walden. I recall fans complaining at the time about Jake having gotten older and should therefore no longer be considered the “half man”. So they introduced Walden as childlike, unworldly and all unknowing so he could be the half man. But yet a billionaire of all things lol so no wonder fans didn’t buy that. I like the idea of Alan, Walden and Herb living in the house but only if they can incorporate that wonderful supporting cast they featured so prominently in those great pre-Chelsea seasons (when it was still fun). Whatever though. Tell me they’re waking Charlie up from his coma and I’ll be excited.

14. Patricia Reed says:

How many episodes does one have to watch to complain about how the dumbing down of America is made possible by shows like this one. Oh yes, How I met Your Mother is Worse.

15. MB says:

Is this a joke? Oh that’s right this show is a joke.

16. Jocelyn says:

@april-ann-Oh thanks. Just curious. I started out kidding but then I realized it would contradict itself.

17. Samantha_Clarke says:

I totally love how the moment a show is renewed people who don’t even watch it start complaining . It sucks that whatever show you are obviously waiting on hasn’t been renewed but jumping on the hate wagon just seems bitter. This is a 21 minute comedy the fact that you spend enough time getting so vitriolic about such a short show is nonsense.

It still pulls in on average 13 million viewers ( I said average people before the claws come out) , there are still moments in every episode that are hilarious Jake or no Jake.

Plus as Herb so deftly observerd Walden has the kind of body you could imagine sculpted in stone (like Adonis). Before getting judgy about the appeal of Ashton on a female and male audience be sure to check yourself and make sure you have no emotional attachments to tv show characters that skirt past the mental to the physical .

I’m sure many will now unleash testament to the aforementioned fact that its all about the character nothing to do with their looks and yup I’m sure however many other actual tv fans read such a statement will smirk at the lie.

18. waffles says:

I would like to see the part of Jake played by a series of guest stars. Angus is a horrible actor who sucks the life out of every scene he’s in. Anybody who replaces him would be an improvement.

19. Caro says:

Men has been beyond awful since Charlie Sheen left! Ashton Kutcher is one of the least talented people on the planet and I don’t think he is even good looking! Plus, Chuck Lorre just irks me! I think he is a complete and utter hypocrite! Lorre continues to make comments about Charlie Sheen and acts as though the issues with Sheen were all Sheen’s fault but they weren’t. Yes, Sheen had some drug problems but Lorre fired the first shots at Sheen when Lorre started making cracks about Sheen’s personal life Lorre’s vanity cards! Lorre just didn’t like it when Sheen started firing back! I hate people who think it’s okay to dish it out but they can’t take it!

• sam says:

yep it is a sad fact : Lorre is pathetic but there is also a good fact : Sheen has moved on ! So now let’s live.

• Herbfan says:

I think Kutcher is OK, but I wonder how things would’ve been with a semi-lookalike Charlie replacement. There were a couple of actors considered who might’ve made it work. I’d like to see Berta, Judith and the mom featured more.

20. Another Guest says:

I wish Jon Cryer would keep his clothes on more in the show, he just isn’t appealing to look at topless, etc.. but he is funny when he is given the change. Herb ( Ryan Stiles ) is better on this show then the “Drew C** ” show. Angus T. Jones really needs to go, he no longer is really needed in the show or even better yet, let Warren or Alan have an unknown child that is a boy to replace Angus T. Jones. Even better have Alan get Lindsey pregnant and she leave her baby boy behind to Alan, Warren, and Herb in the last show of the series because she is decreased.

• Herbfan says:

Nothing much has been done with Alan’s daughter with ex-wife Judith. She appeared in the fantasy scene in the episode where Alan went to the mental hospital. In the scene, Walden remarked that the girl looked a lot like Alan. Later, Herb was going to kill Alan because Judith cheated with Alan.

• beverley says:

She got smaller…lol

21. Midori says:

Just rename the show, Two Half Men.

22. nikki says:

they ahould just give Walden a kid from a one night stand before his marriage.

• PPPG says:

Basically the same as an idea I posted in another string. Walden didn’t cover his pom pom with the cheerleader after the senior prom. That’d make the kid 12-14 and would make him (½ man) realize what’s gong on, but make him want to ‘play’ the adults and at so innocent. ☺

23. I think its tough to think about where the show should go ,
    But for me the fact that there are really just 2 actors that we see each week might be the main issue , its like a take on the Odd Couple , EXCEPT , neither one seems to have a day job which results in very limited story lines that are hard to relate to ,

• PPPG says:

That’s one reason I wish Walden would stop b!tching about ‘dead beat’ Alan. He’s a BILLIONAIRE. supporting Alan, running the house and paying Berta I doubt makes even a dent in the interest earnings he makes every year.

Hmmm that raises a way to get rid of Jake. Charlie didn’t die broke. He left his 5 or 6 million to Jake in a trust to be turned over to him when he reached 21!

24. Sam says:

Seems kinda stupid that they are wasting the Big Bang theory lead in– when two men can go to Mondays

25. Jinko says:

The show died when Charlie did. How a show could go from first to worst is astounding, and why it continues to stay on the air is a puzzlement. Renewed for another season! Come on. Ashton is beyond boring, and Cryer is way too old to be acting like Jerry Lewis.

26. Rob says:

So, it’s Two Men. Let’s pat ourselves on the back as a country that we’ve allowed Two Men to be in the same category as long-running “successful” sitcoms like Cheers, Frasier, MASH, and more. And it beat Friends for time it’s been on the air. FRIENDS. Really, America? Really?!?

27. Cheryl says:

I never watched this show when Charlie Sheen was on, but I did catch some since. I find this show a guilty pleasure. They should bring in a new half man (maybe a son Ashton didn’t know he had) or a son Charlie never knew he had, and a little more Herb.

28. house move says:

Im going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for brand spanking new information

29. house move says:

You really know your stuff… Keep up the good work!

30. PPPG says:

Jake: GONE. The question was answered last night. Shipped, err, “assigned” to Japan for a year.

31. episode of Charlie Sheen’s funeral was done in such bad taste!! I know I have never seen a character killed off in such a way,

because they mix personal with busines!!!!!
    Two wrongs don’t make a right! The chemistry between Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer was awesome especially in there earlier shows :-)

32. Barbara says:

I am finding that while 2 1/2 men is funny that it doesn’t have the same laughter factor that it did with Angus and Charlie Sheen. I am finding that with less of Rose and Herb as well that the characters that made the show what it is are also the ones that have the less cameos. SHAME!

33. Sam says:

This show need Charlie back if they want their charm back again……and they could adopt new child to make show two and a half man again instead of three full grown men….

charlie was, is and will be the charm and heart of this show……

34. Randy says:

tHIS SHOW NEEDS A GIRL! Like Charlies ex or daughter.c

• herbfan says:

Charlie’s unknown illegitimate daughter will be on the show this year. I don’t know why more hasn’t been made of alan’s daughter.

35. Kathy says:

They are throwing Angus under the bus for having the chutzpah for revealing his religious convictions and frustrations over how extreemely filthy the show has become.The dynamics of the show has become even more sexually perverted. Having one character that is a dog (like Charlie was) was funny at times. Now they have all the characters acting perverted and now bringing in a girl who is Charlie’s long lost daughter who will be bi-sexual. I agree with Angus… enough is enough writers. Have someone that is moral for pete’s sake. Everyone being a pervert isn’t funny.

36. I don’t think it hurts Angus for leaving 350 thousand a show ten or twelve shows a season eleven seasons sounds like around 46 million he’ll survive I’m sure.

37. joe joe says:

Ashton acts the same in everything he plays in..they keep moving the show up against weaker shows to say hey the ratings are excellent….

38. Jo Ann says:

This show has ran its course time to pull the plug and let it die with whatever dignity it has left. Angus grew up. let him move on, cute kid syndrome has left. Not to mention Charlie sheen.

39. tiredofgayshows says:

they should jsut retire the show. nothing against ashton crotchner, it just isn’t funny anymore

40. Get Rid of Jon Cryer says:

After last nights Season Premiere featuring Charlie’s daughter, I agree with Berta, I miss Charlie; and she said that so loud too. But can someone please get rid of Jon Cryer. That man is not funny, he is disgusting and I am sick of him in his underwear all the time. Is he personally suffering from the Napoleon complex (ie short man syndrome) or having a mid-life crisis. He has sucked this role dry. You could save this show if #1 get rid of Jon Cryer, #2 develop a story line between Charlie’s daughter and Waldon over the house. The house and Charlie’s ashes are the key. If you build this story line right you could possibly bring this show back from the dead. .

• bockster says:

get rid of jon cryer person….who are you!!!! have you ever watched the show…the show is now dead because of charlies ”daughter” you are a complete moron.

• Get Rid of Jon Cryer says:

The show was dead before Charlie’s daughter joined the cast. The producers/writers are trying to revive the show, the heimlich maneuver is not working. By the intensity of your response, you are either Jon Cryer or Chuck Lorre. I was told they monitor this site.

41. Kane says:

Not happy with how the series have evolved. Granted it was in a stalemate already with sheen but ashton-men started out somewhat ok but has evolved into a “whiny little bitch”-series. Not happy at all and actually hopes for this series to quit after this season so it leaves with the little dignity it has left. The “series brand” deserves that.

42. KV says:

I don’t care for the show anymore with Charlie Sheen gone. I have all the seasons on DVD with the original cast and some of my favorite episodes were with Charlie and Jake. I wish Angus T. Jones the best in college he dodged a career bullet getting out of this show when he did. This used to be my favorite show. Now I just don’t watch it anymore :(

43. leo says: