The CW Renews Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast, Orders The Originals to Series

InsatiableThe CW on Friday announced early renewals for its Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast. In addition, the network ordered The Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals to series.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames

The series join Arrow, The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, which were previously renewed for the 2013-2014 season.

The fates of Nikita and The Carrie Diaries remain unknown; the network added that additional decisions would be made in the coming weeks.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups.

Got thoughts and feelings about your CW favorites’ futures? Sound off in the comments!

1. a says:

Welp. There goes The Carrie Diaries. Oh well…

• Maki says:

sad this really makes me sad! the show has/had such a positive and good vibe. It was really about growing up and honesty. the cast was really good but maybe one or 2 more popular faces or special guest stars would’ve gathered a bigger crowd.
      CW could give them a summer lunch. they have a pretty bland summer programme. this could gather some good audience.

• Joline says:

The Carrie Diaries really hit its stride by the last few episodes, especially those scenes with Carrie’s job in New York, the development of Walt’s character with Bennet and Carrie/Sebastian woes. I really hope they consider renewing.

• destiny says:

that is so sad :( i want a spin off with walt, bennet AND stanford!

• Emily says:

This makes me sad. It was a great, well written show with likeable characters and smart storylines, and I loved the 80s stuff. I really hope it somehow gets another season.

• Wakey says:

Lets be honest The Carrie Diaries was always going to get cancelled from the minute it was picked up. For starters its a show set in the 80’s, Gossip Girl already tried that same premise for a prequel which never got last a backdoor pilot with the 80’s setting being part of that reason. The CW’s main target audience will at best have been born in the 80’s but mainly at the tail end of the decade with a decent percentage being born in the 90’s. As such they don’t experience enough of 80’s for it to be nostalgic which undoes one of the key selling points of setting a show in the past. Its not even as if the 80’s are a decade considered particularly hip so it doesn’t even have the myth to appeal to those who didn’t experience the 80’s

Then you have the issue of it being a prequel, in itself its not a problem but with shows like The Carrie Diaries, 90210, Melrose Place, Knightrider etc which have tried to expand on the source show you need your target audience to really be familiar with the source show. Sex and the City was a show that aired on premium cable when most of those in networks target demo would have been too young to have been allowed to watch it (if their family had HBO) and while some of them may have watched it since there’s going to be a swaths of the target demo who have no connection to the charachter .

So the quality of the show didn’t matter one bit, it could have been the best show ever written because it was like someone with a broken leg (or two in this case) and trying to beat Usain Bolt over 100metres. You can’t start with handicaps like that

• thereasonsy says:

Wakey, meet the nail, you hit it on the head. The only thing you missed is that this wasn’t the Sex & The City Carrie. In that show she had severe abandonment issues because of her father leaving her. It’s one thing to add a sister it is another thing to completely change how Carrie would interact with men in the future by having a Dad that actually doe scare about her.

• nate says:

gossip girl is a big thing the series was wonderful an it didn’t get cancelled it was finalized gossip girl first season did great an second and third and fourth with good ratings an alot of viewers but season 5 & 6 was dropped in viewers but the series was wonderful gossip girl was famous a series and people loved it so dont bad tlk gossip girl

• Meg says:

I believe the OP is referencing the back door pilot for the spin-off that never happened. It was to center around Rufus and Lily in the 80’s. That “series” never got past the first episode.

• 80s says:

Come on the 80s have as big a myth as any decade.
        They brought us into the fully modern era we are in now too. No CDs/portable music/home video/video games/cell phones/home computers/modern pop music/TVs in dorm rooms/huge focus on teen marketing,movies,shows/suburban mall life/etc.etc. in the 70s and earlier, a lot of slang and current styles of talk/patterns of speech like uptalking and so on all started then too and all the “like”,”omg”,”totally”,”duh”,”whatever” etc. etc. that you still hear tons of today. From what I hear, the 60s revolution brought us into a new age with women’s place in the world totally changing and stuff like school moms supervising dorm rooms and no opposite sex in dorms after 8PM and so on got swept away but pop culture and all was still pretty old and the 80s suddenly brought us into a much more modern pop culture society and into modern technology ruling the world. John Hughes films are still found on many favorite movie lists of those in HS/college today. About a third of the top ten on American Idol this season were even starting to style somewhat 80s. 80s dances on campus and clubs seem to sell out fast.
        The 80s were sort of like today in many ways just with some different shadings, like the same only probably: a bit lighter-hearted/friendly and energized in a way, without having all the wars and domestic bombings all the time, people being a touch more open and less paranoid seeming, pop culture was a lot more universally suburban than urban/hip-hop oriented though and there was not the big obsession of suburban kids doing the bad-ass poser thing, things being a fair deal less P.C. (both a plus and a minus), without the news running scare stories non-stop, and with the grunge/hipster style and urban gangster wannabe styles replaced with big hair and a more color and without everyone having a little cell-phone people did tend to notice each other more when walking around on average. Pretty similar but somehow a but more fun and freer seeming and more suburban oriented. But someone from HS today being dropped into the 80s/early 90s or vice-versa would mean a LOT less adjustment than compared to anything pre-80s, a lot less. They were a cool balance of having the modern stuff we are used to and yet without some of the harsher stuff and quite so overdone with technology on hand every last waking second of today and with a a trace more of light-hearted fun free suburban vibe.
        (the one thing most movies/shows that get set back in the 80s way underplay is the big hair, looking at the Carrie Diaries promos it looks like they got the 80s hair wrong too, heck even just look at Kelly K’s hair in Saved By The Bell and that was the 90s even; OTOH most tend to overdo the clothes a bit though, there was a lot more color around and stuff wasn’t all grungy plain and dull and there was zero of the urban baggy down to your ankles/ski hat thing (unless you actually literally were a gang member in the inner city or, ironically a total geek), but that said, the avg set of clothes someone would wear on an avg day wouldn’t really jump out on the street today much, if even at all, in fact a lot would be basically 100% identical to what quite a few other people would be wearing day on the same street. It was hardly like 40% of the girls were dressing up full on in like early Madonna every day or anything even remotely like that, not even at the peak of that, never mind later in the 80s as it often seems to be portrayed today). Things definitely were not as 100% universally, dull and plain and boring as what the grunge and then hipster I don’t give/I’m cool because I pretend to not give era brought in though.)

• dee123 says:

Yep. What kind of brain dead slug watches Beauty & The Beast anyway?

• Raychl says:

So glad they’re renewing Hart of Dixie and BATB! I’m excited for The Originals. I just hope it won’t hurt TVD. It will be sad seeing the originals leave the show! Hopefully there will be plenty of “guest appearances” :) Personally, I don’t know anyone that watches The Carrie Diaries or Nikita. I think the CW’s time (and money) would be better spent if they brought back The Secret Circle. That is one show I have never been able to forget. I check in regularly to see if maybe I’ll get lucky in terms of them bringing it back. There has been no such luck…which is surprising considering how many fans (and growing) the official FB has.

• alicia9709 says:

I agree, the secret circle season one was great, and it is a disappointment that they are not renewing it. I am also very excited about BATB being renewed and The Originals spin-off… now all they need is the secret circle!

• Carl Pettey says:

I had followed “Nikita” since it fist aired, but the last 10 minutes when Amamda told Nikita that she had to kill the President I lost it and turned off the TV, this series is over for me!

All of them are great but I believe the writers let them down…..

2. paigegail says:

Aww I’m thinking this means buh-bye Carrie Diaries.

3. Everyone says:

Nikita come on cw…Batb sucks

• Batb should be renamed Harpy and the Creep!

• Bo says:

Saying it sucks doesn’t stop it from being renewed.
      l’m guessing you don’t like every show on tv something you may watch and call good l could just tell you is utter crap.
      People have different tastes lets all respect we like different things and not bash anothers show and each other.
      There are a lot of shows l don’t really like that get renewed but you don’t see me insulting its fans or calling it crap.

• mia says:

Yes thank you. Hating on shows (or ships for that matter) that aren’t your cup of tea never made sense to me. You don’t like it? Cool. But there are people that do. So let’s all play nice.

• I happen to agree 100% with Bo & Mia, and for anyone who thinks BATB Sucks, well that is entirely up to yourself with what you want to watch…Please don’t Bash those of us who Love this Show and trust me there are millions of viewers, otherwise it would not have been renewed. Every one has their own taste, and all I have to say is “To each their Own” and that applies to just about anything in Life. :)

• Aly says:

THis is so true.. RENEW NIKITA…… please!

• JC says:

Nikita is a great show it is definitely underrated but please people do your research and you will see that Nikita is universally praised it deserves that full season renewal to get to syndication :)

• Catherine says:

I hate to say it, but I think it’s the other way around!

• luli says:

AHHHHHH C’mon Cw are you blind??? NIkita is a great show and it needs to be reneewedd!!!! #FULLNikitaS4

• CG says:

Beauty and the beast is a great show with fantastic acting by Jay Ryan I’m so glad to hear it’s been renewed.

• lorna says:

Obviously the CW believes in the show. I can understand people not liking it, but it has greatly improved and added Mohinder from “Heroes,” to my excitement, and killed off a series regular recently. Started watching for Kristin and Austin, but I really like the show. The show is interesting. I love Rachel Bilson, but I think HOD looks like dog crap. Carrie Diaries is witty and AnnaSophia is great as young Carrie, with great music, covers of originals. I really hope for a s2. TVD spinoff does not interest me much, but I do like Klaus and Elijah. Marcell was just a nuisance. But then again TVD s4 has been hokey for the most part.

• Monica says:

I watch all the shows on the cw they’re all amazing they shouldn’t cancel any of the shows there suppose to want us fans to keep coming I almost banned against them for canceling the ringer but you don’t see me bashing other shows just calm down they don’t read this stuff anyways

4. mayiread says:

That was quick.
    Delighted for HoD and The Originals Pilot was pretty nifty.
    Might check out BatB

5. April says:

So glad The Originals got picked up. I really liked last nights episode. While I like Elijah and Klaus I’m ready tosee them somewhere else other than Mystic Falls.

6. alim says:

yesssssssssssssssssssssss to hod

7. Damn I really liked the Carrie Diaries – hoping it gets renewed.

8. J says:

First Parenthood and now Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast!! =D Yay!

9. Elyse says:

yes!!!!!!!!!! Hart of Dixie! :D now that BATB got picked up for a season 2 ill have to check out season 1 when it comes out on Netflix this summer :) pretty excited about the Originals too!

10. Lindsey says:

Yay!!! I watch all of these shows!! The CW has really become a solid network the last few seasons… It’s a shame that no one seems to take it as seriously as the big four networks… The CW brings the most original programming by far, in my opinion!

• mia says:

I totally agree. They’ve been pushing themselves and I find that I’m watching most of what they air. They’ve moved past the ‘tween’ demographic and are now telling complex stories with fabulous characters that are targeted to that all-desired demo.

• Chris says:

A solid network? Their ratings are in the toilet! I like and watch many of their shows, but the network is a flop with declining viewership.

11. I would give up The Originals spin-off (hated the back-door pilot) in order to have another season of Nikita.

• Lindsey says:

I would agree with this… The Originals pilot was okay, but I adore Nikita! But they did say that we were getting a 10ep final season of Nikita right? At least they’ll get the chance to wrap it up and give it a solid ending instead of just dropping off… :(

• Shannon2 says:

Although not a fan of Nikita it reminds me too much of the show from the 90s and not really a fan of the star. I would say it is a very nicely developed remake and I would renew Nikita over the pilots they have. The pilots the CW has that i would mostly watch is Reign because they can do some much with it and it can kind of be like the Tudors that was on showtime. Also, Company Town. The Hundred reminds me of Revolution that is currently on NBC, Oxygen is just a remake of Roswell and Roswell I know would be better by far. The selection is like the movie/story The Lottery, Blink and The Tomorrow people do not look that interesting.

12. LE says:

Yes Yes Yes!! For Hart of Dixie.. It’s a cute little show that it’s so fun and relaxing to watch.

13. Lala says:

I think The Originals was a done deal before the episode even aired. Now just drop that baby storyline and I’ll be a happy camper!

• Grrrrp says:

I agree.

• Jules says:

Exactly.
      The second they announced it, it was a done deal.
      I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, except for the Hayley and the baby part. That is just ridiculous.

• lll says:

AMEN ABOUT THAT BABY STORYLINE!!!

• Randy says:

I agree. When they brought up the baby all I could think about was Angel. It was also a spin off of a successful vampire show that was good until Darla got pregnant by Angel. Then Cordelia got pregnant by Conner. Speaking of the original, Buffy suffered with the arrival of Dawn. Point being, adding supernatural children is never good. I am looking forward to the show, but mostly for Rebekah.

• mia says:

I agree with you on the ridiculous pregnancies on Angel; so cliched! But I actually thought the addition of Dawn was a smart one. Sure she was annoying at times, but she served as something Buffy had to fight for. Seasons 1-4 had Buffy fighting for herself/the world but as she grew up she became a bit jaded and lost the wide-eyed optimism she had as a teen. Adding Dawn gave back to Buffy something for her to fight for/on behalf of.

• Miranda says:

I, for one, liked the Darla getting pregnant thing, but hated Cordelia pregnant by Connor… Ruined a perfectly awesome character. Cordelia, that is, not Connor.
            But despite my opinion, it certainly wasn’t cliched, the first pregnancy at least. But then, the second one was only because Charisma Carpenter became pregnant, they were originally going to have her inhabited by the fallen PTB.

• alexjones says:

season 5 where dawn arrived was in my opinion the best season on the show so I have to disagree there.

• Shannon2 says:

Dawn’s character may have been better if it was casted better in my opinion. Also she should have disappeared once she was no longer the key, because then she became even more annoying and the actress who played her made it worse.

• Tee says:

Yeah I really enjoyed the episode other than the whole baby storyline.

14. Jane says:

SO GLAD for Hart of Dixie, but poor Carrie Diaries.

15. mia says:

OMG OMG OMG!! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!!! FIRST COUGAR TOWN AND NOW BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!! YAYAYAYAYA!!!

Thank you CW!!!! And also Hart of Dixie!!!!!!

16. Mike says:

I would also assume BatB will get a new home then. The logical place to put The Originals on is right after Vampire Diaries.

17. M says:

The Originals pilot was such a bitter disappointment. I want to be happy about this but I just can’t be.

• Miranda says:

I, personally, was surprisingly happy with it. I didn’t want it to be good, so I went in to it not wanting to like it, because I really wanted the possibility for Klauroline, and with the show that drops significantly. So, maybe because I went in to it with low expectations, it was surprisingly good.

18. Martin says:

Lets hope BATB doesn’t do The Secret Circle drop like last season in the last few episodes, and if it doesn’t either end up Friday at 9pm after Nikita or if Nikita does indeed get a shorter final season and it replaces it when it finishes I’ll be shocked.

Also yah for Hart Of Dixie, and I think I might like the Originals, liked planted spinoff but slight SPOILER – out of the two witches, I liked the sister that died more. Also, only realised after watching one after the other that Marcel in The Originals is Chest Pecwell in Greys Anatomy, and even with how evil Marcel is, still like him more.

19. Shari says:

very happy about HOD so I can continue to NOT watch this season while they play out the crappy Zoe/George storyline and tune in next season when they (hopefully) do the right thing by putting her back with Wade!

• wednesday says:

I am right there with you Shari! I had to stop after they had Wade cheat on Zoe. They destroyed his character & I could see the train wreck coming that is Zoe/George. No thank you! Hopefully now that they have been given a 2nd season they can fix this mess & I can start watching it again. Beauty and the Beast! Best news ever! My favorite show other than SPN! Thank you CW!

20. Eliza says:

I’m really happy to read that Hart of Dixie will have another season. And I came to like BatB very much… so, Yay!
    Haven’t checked The Originals yet.

21. Ames says:

Oh that just makes my day about HOD… with the last two weeks rating dropping i was starting to get nervous about its sure bet status. I really wish i could get into BATB. I watch it every week on my DVR and I keep trying to get invested but so far I just am not. With this renewal of HOD it is that much closer to a syndication deal after the next season so hopefully we will be getting at least TWO more years with our favorite BlueBell citizens!

• The ratings on HOD would rise if Zoe and Wade wandered into each other’s orbit again. You can’t manufacture chemistry and these two have it in spades. I hope the show DOES go into syndication and we have many more seasons to enjoy.

22. Lena says:

I hope they get rid of the baby plot for The Originals.

23. Samson says:

YaY! Beauty and the Beast is officially renewed! TVLine should’ve used a Catherine and Vincent photo as it’s really Kristin Kreuk’s show – she’s the lead!

24. Mo says:

Not surprised to hear about HoD or The Originals. BatB was a toss-up so good news for them… bad news for some other bubble show.

25. julio says:

well i guess i’ll give beauty and the beast a chance since it got renewed. hopefully its available for streaming at netflix. Will definitely watch the originals although after yesterdays pilot i somewhat lost interest. Hopefully they change some of the details of the show. Now i hope they pick up the tomorrow people, the selection, the 100 and oxygen. And yeah there’s probably no hope for the carrie diaries.

26. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Thank goodness! I love HoD and am so happy it will be back for another season.

I’m assuming they’ll pair TVD and TO together. maybe B&B and Nikita together on Friday?

27. Zade says:

So excited HOD!!! Such a fun sweet show.

28. steveo says:

Kind of happy about this, kind of bummed, because several of the pilots the CW has lined up I really liked the sound of, and presumably this means less of them will find their way to air.

29. Grrrrp says:

If they get rid of that baby storyline I’ll consider watching.

• Bo says:

I don’t even get the baby story-line complains especially for a character like Klaus he is honestly an ego -centric, selfish and all round bad human being becoming a father can change that.
      I don’t like Klaus at all he is a terrible person if they do this right it can do wonders for his character and Haleys likebility.

• bklyngirl says:

That’s just tiresome old ISH from the demented Klarolines. Their bitching won’t change a thing.
        Klaus and Hayley will share a bond and find redemption in each other, courtesy of Julie Plec.

• Lala says:

Ok, I’m not a “Klaroline”, but I hated the baby thing. It’s just silly. I don’t want Klaus to be saddled with a baby or an epic failure of character such as Hayley.

• Lee says:

Hayley wasn’t featured in many episodes so she doesn’t have any development. Caroline, Rebekah and Klaus was disliked by many before they became interesting characters. Give Hayley a chance.

• Miranda says:

Caroline, in my opinion, only became redeemable once she became a vampire. Then she wasn’t so snivelling and annoying, and a little more badass.

• Tee says:

Personally my dislike is not a Klaus/Caroline thing, I just don’t like the storyline. It probably doesn’t help that I haven’t really liked Hayley’s character. Not sure if it’s the character or actress, I found her annoying on Secret Circle and she hasn’t really been an interesting addition here.

30. wrstlgirl says:

Beauty and the Beast and The Originals. So now I get to watch the awesome Klaus again.

31. Lara says:

YAY!!!! Hart of Dixie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. mac says:

I guess we’ll see Beauty and the Beast on Fridays then, I’m sure they’ll want to show TVD and Originals back to back

33. Playhouse says:

Seeing a 13 episode final season for ‘Nikita’ and anything else left over canceled.

• kavyn says:

Giving Nikita only a 13 episode order for its final season would be so stupid, for many reasons.

(a) It doesn’t give Nikita 88 episodes.

(b) There’s simply nothing to replace Nikita with for the 2013-2014 schedule that will produce better ratings.

(c) If the plan is to replace Nikita with BATB mid-season, then that puts BATB in a worse position for reaching syndication (it would need two and a half seasons to reach syndication instead of just two full seasons), basically implying BATB will be guaranteed cancellation before it even airs since it already has bubble ratings with the best lead-in.

The way I see it, it’s better to give Nikita the 22-episode order and give BATB the 13-episode order (with back 9), and just pair the two together on Friday. They’re not going to air a new show on Friday, and I’m sure the two shows will help each other. Nikita gets it’s 88 episodes, BATB stands a chance at renewal if it can maintain 0.4-0.5 ratings, and everyone’s happy (and if BATB fails, replace it with re-runs).

• luli says:

Nikita deserves a FULL season, I don’t know what the hell is the CW waiting for! Nikita has great rating considering it’s in the cw and on a friday night (death slot)

• hilda garcia says:

Exactly!!! Nikita is a good action packed show and the problem started when Percy got knocked off. I think that Owen should stay as Owen and get a different villan tha
        Amanda. She’s tiresome. She could stay in the mix, but juice it up. Writer’s cramp, much?? Or cash problems?? In so far as the Originals, am very excited to see what gives. Claus is a hottie!!! I liked him with Caroline, she brought out the best in him. And no, I don’t think the Originals should come after the Vampire Dairies. I would put them on Tuesday. All in all the CW is a banging network. Keep up the good work!!! Loyal fan.

34. Amy says:

Beauty and the Beast over Nikita???? What the actual hell??

• kavyn says:

Nikita’s currently in negotiations between a 13 episode or 22 episode order, and the current show runner is only interested in 13 (I imagine the CW wants the full 22 for syndication).

This probably means they’ll need a new show runner, hence the delay. That’s what I *think* is going on right now anyways. I’m surprised at the early renewals though, I thought we’d have to wait a lot longer.

• Diego says:

where you saw Craig saying he want 13 episodes?

• kavyn says:

Deadline mentioned that he’s working on a new show at AMC, so I made the assumption that he’s the one that wanted the shortened season. The CW needs a full season for syndication so it can’t be them who’s asking for a 6-13 episode order.

• luli says:

Craig said on twitter that that was the first time he heard of that number, he hasn’t stated whether he is interested in a 13 episode order!

35. Michelle says:

Beauty and The Beast is a horrible show, CW is stupid for renewing it. I cant believe they cancelled better shows and kept Beauty and the Beast a show where no one can act to save their lives. Seems like idiots are running the CW.

• mia says:

I watch both shows, but I have to admit to loving BatB more. I like Nikita, but I LOVE BatB – and I do think its well acted and well written. Is it kinda campy and fun? Oh yeah. But its the type of show that you just can’t stop watching; it makes you fall in love with it. I don’t have that with Nikita.

• kavyn says:

Really? Are you comparing seasons 1 of both BATB and Nikita, or s1 BATB with s3 Nikita? If it’s the latter then I could *maybe* see your reasoning, but IMO Nikita is a far superior show.

I guess our preferences could be based on what type of shows BATB/Nikita are though. I’m sure BATB does the romance better, considering I absolutely hated all of the romance storylines they introduced at the start of season 3. But when it comes to action, nothing beats Nikita (not even Arrow).

• Catherine says:

Oh yes…bashing CW will definitely get your show renewed! :)

36. elle says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! OMG! BATB SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!! BEASTIES ROCK

37. Lois says:

I’m happy The Originals got picked up just because I hate Klaus and want him out of the main show. The backdoor pilot was truly awful. I’m sad we have to lose Elijah and Rebekah to it though.

38. Kate says:

So Nikita is getting the shaft for the crap that is Beauty and the Beast…why is this wannabe beast show even on the air, the show is a major suck fest.

• Jake says:

lol it barely gets a million viewers and will probably die next season on Friday nights. No one can survive on Friday night time slot on the CW except say for the old powerhouse shows like supernatural and smallville.

• Jake says:

^^^ BTW I’m referring to Beauty and the beast, it’ll probably die midway next season. Hopefully the turds at CW will renew Nikita, if not I guess they dont want quality programming.

• Catherine says:

I have tried to watch your show a few times because of the actor but find it extremely boring. BATB on the other hand is well written and is very entertaining which is what a show should be!

39. Lisa says:

Renew Nikita please!!!!

• Janis says:

Can I simply say what a comfort to uncover someone who really understands what they are talking about on the web.
      You definitely understand how to bring an issue to light
      and make it important. More people ought to read this and understand this side
      of your story. I was surprised that you are not more popular given that you surely possess
      the gift.

40. Margot says:

The 0riginals? always the same old thing nothing new! The producers and the network CW think that viewers are stupid? It’s time to put an end to the vampires and beasts and the mediocre actors!

41. Well, I think that does it. I still think Nikita will be renewed, but I don’t see any hope for The Carrie Diaries. As soon as Nikita is renewed all my CW shows will be coming back. Yay! Supernatural, Arrow, Hart of Dixie and Nikita. Although I no longer watch The Vampire Diaries, I am excited for The Originals because I get TVD without Elena!

• Jared says:

“I get TVD without Elena”

You realize Elena IS the center of TVD. the show and the books.

• Miranda says:

Thus, I believe, her reference to The Originals series being picked up. It’s still in the same realm as TVD, but it doesn’t have Elena in it. I believe that was the point.

42. TV Gord says:

I’m not giving up hope for The Carrie Diaries. I’m happy about Hart of Dixie.

43. James says:

CW what is wrong with you renew NIKITA for a fullseason now :(

44. Jared says:

So excited about The Originals! Fingers crossed for one more Nikita season!!

45. SILVIA says:

im glad for josepg but the ORIGINALS pilot SUCKS! i hope that they change the whole storyline about the BABY because it ridicolous!

46. Nerdbot says:

Come on, CW! Renew Nikita already!

47. Stop fretting, you whiny people. Geesh. NIKITA *is* 100% definitely coming back for its wrap-up season. The deal is done. And look for The Carrie Diaries to return, as well. CW does not rerun series in the summer (as they will do with Carrie, beginning June 3) if they are “done” with the show. (see Emily Owens, Cult, etc.)

I really wish the casual poster would get a freakin’ clue.

• dude says:

They actually did rerun Privileged after canceling it if I remember correctly. TCD may be renewed but that will only happen if their pilot prospects are particularly grim.

• Brandy says:

Where did you see or hear CD was being rerun this summer?Breaking Pointe and I think another reality show will air on Mon.Deadline says CD is a Likley renwal.

48. Cory says:

Julie Plec should be demoted on The Originals, it already feels meh, interesting but not fresh as it should. Let her be a regular writer and someone else should be showrunner.

49. dude says:

Nikita will be renewed, The Carrie Diaries canceled (unless their pilots are particularly crappy).

50. Jared says:

Ecstatic that the CW gave an early renewal to BATB. Loved this series since the pilot episode and the series just Continued to become stronger throughout the season. I guess a strong presence in social media will get series renewed,atleast on the CW. can’t wait to see how the rest of the series plays out and looking forward to season 2!