TVLine Items: Does Jennifer Love Hewitt Have the X Factor? Plus: Suits Scoop and More!

The X Factor Jennifer Love Hewitt JudgeIs The X Factor adding a little Love to the mix?

The Fox competition series is on the lookout for a few fresh faces to replace departing judges L.A. Reid and Britney Spears in Season 3 — and Jennifer Love Hewitt is said to be in the running.

According to UsWeekly.com, Simon Cowell is “very interested” is bringing the Client List star on as a new judge in the upcoming cycle.

RELATED | Khloe Kardashian Leaving X Factor Season 3, Mario Lopez Returns as Host

Reba McEntire and Kelly Rowland also are reportedly being considered for the gig.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• UK actor Max Beesley (Hotel Babylon) has booked a heavily recurring role in the upcoming third season of Suits (bowing July 16), playing — the new Harvey?! TVLine has learned that he joins as Harvey’s British counterpart who arrives in New York following the company’s recent merger. As expected, having two Harveys around complicates things at the firm.

RELATED | USA Opens Graceland Gates Early

• HBO and big-screen director Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth) are teaming up on the development of Monster, a potential series based on 18 volumes of Japanese manga, Deadline reports. The thriller is said to be about a young doctor’s search for the most evil sociopath alive.

• Grant Show (Melrose Place) will guest-star in The Exes Season 3, The Hollywood Reporter reports, playing a man the guys want to set up with Kristen Johnston’s Holly.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (34)

• Does Jennifer Love Hewitt even have musical experience?

Comment by Babybop – April 25, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s released 4 albums. Not that anyone knows, though.

Comment by D – April 25, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She started as a singer – she released a CD of cover songs when she was little. Then in 1996 and 1997 while on Party of Five released two CDs, then in like 2002 another CD which contained her most popular song Barenaked. She also had a song on the I Still Know What You Did Last Summer soundtrack which is an amazing song.

Comment by JeniLee – April 25, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Interesting. I may have to look that up! 4 albums, and I no clue she even sang! Ha ha.

Comment by Babybop – April 25, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • she’s talented! her best songs to look up are How Do I Deal, Barenaked, Can I Go Now, Cool With You, No Ordinary Love, Just Try. Oh and definitely the songs she wrote and sang for her movie If Only – The songs are Love Will Show You Everything, and Take My Heart Back.

Comment by JeniLee – April 25, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She has sang quite a bit this season of The Client List too.

Comment by JeniLee – April 25, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was also on Kids Incorporated back in the late 80s as Love Hewitt (back when Fergie was still Stacy Ferguson, who was also on the show.), where the kids did all their own singing.

Comment by Karen MT – April 25, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love her on the show!

Comment by j – April 25, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well JLH does have a background in music. Still, it feels like an odd choice.

Comment by D – April 25, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her voice and she’d add a lot of personality i think

Comment by JeniLee – April 25, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Love Hewitt really? This is the best they can find? Didn’t she have maybe one song?

Comment by Amy – April 25, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 4 cds actually…

Comment by JeniLee – April 25, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’ve already shown previews for the new season starting June 4th and Heidi Klum and Mel B are the new judges. Are they adding a 5th?? I’d think they’d have long since signed contracts given the new season has already been filming and is starting in about a month.

Comment by RB – April 25, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they are just fill ins for auditions until they hired permanent judges.

Comment by JeniLee – April 25, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How could you confuse The X Factor with America’s Got Talent?

Comment by Babar Suhail (@BabarSuhail) – April 25, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Probably because they’re both talent shows?

Comment by D – April 25, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh yes! You’re all right, I was thinking America’s Got Talent. Too many talent shows out I can’t keep up…ha

Comment by RB – April 25, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve got the wrong show. You’re thinking of America’s Got Talent

Comment by Tyler – April 25, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wrong show, they are on America’s Got Talent.

Comment by Jellymoff – April 25, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg please please please get Reba to join the show! I adore her. She has mentor experience from being on the Voice too. Not to mention could help ratings by drawing in some country music fans.

Comment by Mark – April 25, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually she should wait for a turn on The Voice instead. Maybe replace Blake for a season.

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have many times are they going to try this celebrity judge route only to see it bomb and bomb and bomb? People don’t want to tune into these shows to watch famous people not say anything. People want to see judges that actually have an interest in giving honest judgement and criticism. We want people we believe know what they’re talking about. The original Idol panel featured two people we never heard of and one has been. But they all had a history of working in the background and developing young talent and they weren’t afraid to tell people what needed to be said, good or bad. That is why that panel worked. Today they bring in these famous bores who won’t say anything honest or interesting because speaking the truth might affect their popularity from their real jobs. Jennifer Love Hewitt would be just another boring robot in the mold of Uban, Mariah, Tyler and Lopez who just sit there telling everybody they’re great.

Comment by Jason Castleman (@lethargicj) – April 25, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you about most of those judges being useless, but Keith Urban at least is not always positive even when someone sucks. Much to my surprise, Nicki Minaj is IMO the best judge this season. I really disliked her before the show started, and I guess I still don’t like HER, but as a judge, she is honest. More of that is needed,.

Comment by Chris – April 25, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one can ever replace Simon – on any talent show! They’ve all tried, but never succeed. And we saw with Britney that even an A-lister doesn’t bring in the views. I even like Britney, but her judging skills were pathetic!

Comment by RB – April 25, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But will Scottie return to Suits next season?

Comment by Mila – April 25, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love LOVE!! Hope it’s true that she’s joining the judges!

Comment by Scott – April 25, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Jennifer Love Hewitt is a new judge I’m officially done.

Comment by Katie – April 25, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never would have guessed she would be considered to be a judge on XFactor.

Comment by AMCPress – April 25, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JLove is actually an incredible singer. I remember watching her on Disney Channels Kids Incorporated when I was young and have followed her career ever since. She recently just sang on The Client List and has done some incredible music video promos for this current season. Not sure about the whole XFactor thing but huge fan none the less.

Comment by Jared – April 25, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. Her self titled CD, and Barenaked CD are still on constant rotation on my ipod as well as How Do I Deal and her amazing songs from her movie If Only

Comment by JeniLee – April 25, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still think of her as Love from Kids Inc. first and foremost. I’m surprised more people don’t know about that. Guess I’m old.

Comment by Et. Al – April 25, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My rankings for the 3 in contention are Reba, Kelly Rowland, and then Jennifer…Reba has the experience and personality but if Malibu Country gets picked up (I hope it does) she wont be able to do it…The most logical choice would be Kelly because she was a UK Xfactor Judge and was a pretty good one so if it’s not Reba I hope it’s her…I wonder who’s in the running for the male spot???

Comment by Billy – April 25, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if I can handle two Harveys… But I’m willing to give it a shot.

Comment by Mo – April 25, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Jennifer Love Hewitt signs up I’ll have to tune back in. I adore her and I’ve always said I’d watch her read the phonebook.
    The xFactor is too overproduced. Huge stage numbers that drown out the performer – not really a great way to get people invested. I cared about some of the contestants last season, but the above reason had me stop watching.

Comment by mia – April 25, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post