Ratings: The Voice, DWTS, NCIS: LA and Golden Boy Go Down, Body of Proof Ticks Up

Ratings NCIS Ziva Car Crash, NCIS LAABC’s Body of Proof was the lone gainer this Tuesday night, rising 4 percent and a tenth to score 9.3 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating — its second-best numbers of the season — and beat CBS’ Golden Boy on both counts.

Opening ABC’s night, the SAG-endangering Splash (4.9 mil/1.1) shed a few viewers, while Dancing With the Stars’ results show (12.4 mil/2.0) slipped two tenths in the demo.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Body of Proof, NCIS And Other Favorite Series

Over on CBS, NCIS drew 16.8 mil and a 2.7, matching its most recent outing/season low. (I will go out on a limb and predict a season high next week.)  NCIS: LA led out of that with 14 mil/2.6, ticking down a tenth to tie its season low yet topping those Dancing stars. Golden Boy (8 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth.

RELATED | NCIS Shocker: Did Ziva and Tony [Spoiler]?! Watch Video of That OMG Moment

NBC’s The Voice (12.45 mil/4.0) netted the night’s best demo rating despite dropping 12 percent week-to-week. The terminal Ready for Love was flat at 3 mil/1.2.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Recap: Lost in Translation

Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen (4.7 mil/1.9) was down two tenths, the CW bubble drama Hart of Dixie (1.2 mil/0.4) fell a tenth aka 20 percent and is subject to atypical adjustment due to baseball bumps.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

1. wrstlgirl says:

I’m really enjoying all the little mysteries within Golden Boy between the present and the future. I hope we get to see at least some of them play out.

• edlow says:

Me too but with these ratings we might not find the answers!!!!

Why arent people watching Golden Boy???

• xander says:

I’m with you, why aren’t people watching this superb show. Finally a cop show with an original premise.

A mystery to me why this show is struggling!!

C’mon people, wake up this this great show before it maybe goes??

• Bob L says:

Really? Body of Proof over Golden Boy? Sorry to sound like a judgemental snob, but although it’s just one guys opinion, Golden Boy is just terrific! I do hope folks catch on. They ought to sandwich it in between NCIS and NCIS LA….just my 2 cents :)

2. Jared says:

I’m really rooting for HoD to get renewed. Hopefully it can continue to stay steady up until the finale.

3. Kim R says:

I was skeptical when all of the changes to Body of Proof were first announced but decided to give it a shot. So pleasantly surprised at much better the show is. It is now on my must see list every week. :)

• ChrisGa says:

Yep, I was worried a little too with the fairly major overhaul but I have to say I’ve enjoyed the hell out of this season. It’s getting better than decent ratings viewer-wise and I’m sure alot of that is the timeslot; personally, I’m good with it having 13 to 15 episode winter/spring seasons and following DWTS as long as it doesn’t get cancelled.

• Boiler says:

It has been a great season!. Hopefully it bucks the predictions and is renewed

• lyn says:

I got pulled away for a few minutes during last night’s Body of Proof and missed the part where Darby stabbed the cop. Can someone please tell me where she got the knife, because she couldn’t have had it concealed on her person the way she rolled out of that car.

• K. says:

I really love Body of Proof and watch it every week but I’m a little worried with NBC moving Grimm to Tuesday’s at 10pm now! I watch Grimm too but I can DVR it.

• GS says:

I was definitely in the “ticked off b/c they killed Peter” camp but I love the changes! Dana has much better chemistry with Mark and I love that he isn’t afraid to buck up to her when she oversteps. The dynamic of the show is so much better. Really hope they give it another season and leave it alone this time.

4. rebecca says:

So glad to see BOP is continuing to get decent ratings….I thought it was one of the best last night….Please bring it back,ABC

• Patrick says:

Ditto. Mark Valley is fantastic. He should be one of the biggest stars on TV, but he isn’t for some reason. Plus, they have reduced the role of the supporting characters, which is going better than I hoped.

• lyn says:

ITA I’ve been a fan since he played Jack on DOOL. I wish they hadn’t ruined Human Target by bringing in that Pucci woman.

• Nero theTVFiddler says:

As Upfronts approaches next month, many of us/posters here on TVLine are speculating which dramas ABC brings back next season, and which won’t have room to return to the fall schedule. I’m watching Nashville and Revenge numbers closely – I think it will be close for both, depending upon how much open real estate ABC has on their schedule. Ironically, I never factor in BoP – I just assumed the numbers weren’t that good; and hence, it won’t be back in September. But one thing I’ve learned over the years of watching and admiring the lovely Dana D – never bet against her. This show is improving, and the numbers (9.3m viewers) is quite good – the demo, perhaps not – if it could get the demo up to 2.0, I think it would be a lock for renewal.
      One possibility could help BoP, Nashville and Revenge all get renewed – the fate of ABC’s Tuesday night 9pm slot. This past season, the slot was used for a comedy block {Happy Endings and Apt 23}. IF ABC goes that route again in the fall (comedies at 9pm block/Tues), I just can’t see how BoP, Nashville and Revenge all come back – there’s just no room. ABC needs to bring in at least two new dramas this fall – the 10pm slots (Wed/Tues) are the best slots to bring them in – no more 10pm Sunday tries. So, BoP has limited space to return to the fall/winter 2013/14 schedule.
      However, if that 9pm Tuesday slot opens up, that gives room for perhaps another short-order (13-16?) run for BoP, and perhaps squeeze in Revenge or Nashville at that Sunday 10pm slot, and then run either [Nashville/Revenge] in the 9pm Tuesday slot with BoP on hiatus. That could work, but the 9pm Tuesday slot must open up. ABC has a ton of comedies on their pilot list – I assume they’ll green-light at least three or four. They only need a couple (max) on Wednesday, *maybe* one on Friday, another for winter-spare. If they green-light more than four, Tuesday 9pm block would have to go back to more comedies.

5. ollie says:

sucks for hod , and I live where f@#king baseball bumped it till 1030. I hate baseball and sick of it bumping shows. not everbody in new york gives a crap about the yankees.

• Elyse says:

i hate baseball! surprisingly living in Ohio i haven’t had anything bumped for a Reds or Indians game yet… *knocks on wood*

6. Elliott says:

Golden Boy is probably toast. Theo James is much more suitable for something like Revenge or Gofhica (which I think will get picked up by ABC).

7. Norah says:

So excited about Body of Proof. Really hoping we get a season 4!

8. Daniel says:

I hate The Voice! It’s destroying NCIS’ numbers!

9. Ed says:

Loving The Voice this season. Is there any hope at all that Shakira and Usher returns next season?? I don’t want Ceelo to come back :( I know Usher is a very busy man, so maybe keep Shakira and replace Usher with Christina? 2 girls and 2 guy judges.

10. Babygate says:

Body of Proof finally wins the slot and they go an hiatus. Way to kill momentum ABC…