Exclusive

Exclusive Dexter Promo: The Dark Passenger's Haunting 'Final Symphony' Plays On

“It’s like I’m conducting a final symphony: Requiem for Demonic Dexter.”

So said (or predicted?) the Dark Passenger back in Dexter‘s second season. And now, as the Showtime saga approaches the end of its eight-year run, that sentiment has never been more applicable.

RELATED | Dexter Season 8 Spoilers — Yvonne Strahovski Returns as Hannah

The following promo — a haunting one-minute spot obtained exclusively by TVLine — showcases Dex’s most memorable kills and closest calls over the past seven seasons, culminating in the epic conclusion to last year’s finale.

Press PLAY below to watch the nostalgic (and stunning!) preview, then hit the comments.

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Deej says:

I must know what the song they used is

2. celine says:

this might sound awful but I want him to die, that would make sense…

• Spoiler Junkie says:

I agree with you. I don’t see redemption for Dexter, especially after he went off the rails in S7 and totally forgot about the code.

3. Really want to see Joey Quinn get killed off. He’s so annoying.

4. Tony says:

As Dexter become more human and began to feel emotion, he began to make mistakes. He became one of us – imperfect. That is his downfall. Instead of living by the code, he began to act on emotion. And as he evoled into a human being, his character became more unlikable. What are the screenwriters really saying here?

5. Shannon says:

I haven’t seen season 6 or 7 so I can not comment on those seasons, but the prior seasons before that he was learning how to be both a human and keep his dark passenger satisfied. Unfortunately a lot of lessons were learned from the wrong people who he thought of as friends but weren’t. Each of his kills had been for justice when the courts failed to provide it. He killed other bad people and showed them their crimes and why they are on the table to give them a last glimpse at remorse. I hope the dark passenger devolves into the more human Dexter and where it will always be there, but the more human Dexter is now in control. I hope he does not die that would be cliche unless it is a symbolic death where his dark passenger dies that would be cool.

6. sonya says:

I disagree Dexter should not die. It would be best if we left him alive. kill Debra cos she knows the secret and left him to continue his work. After all the dark passenger does a job that the law both can’t and won’t. Dexter serves a purpose and lets face it that old line about good guys and whats right and wrong…. just a bore.

7. gina says:

I’m excited and sad for Dexter to be ending I hope the ending satisfies great series all in all

8. dmc says:

I hope Dexter fans will contact Showtime every way possible about continuing this series!