Exclusive Dexter Promo: The Dark Passenger's Haunting 'Final Symphony' Plays On

“It’s like I’m conducting a final symphony: Requiem for Demonic Dexter.”

So said (or predicted?) the Dark Passenger back in Dexter‘s second season. And now, as the Showtime saga approaches the end of its eight-year run, that sentiment has never been more applicable.

RELATED | Dexter Season 8 Spoilers — Yvonne Strahovski Returns as Hannah

The following promo — a haunting one-minute spot obtained exclusively by TVLine — showcases Dex’s most memorable kills and closest calls over the past seven seasons, culminating in the epic conclusion to last year’s finale.

Press PLAY below to watch the nostalgic (and stunning!) preview, then hit the comments.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (14)

• I must know what the song they used is

Comment by Deej – April 24, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Per a Showtime publicist, the song is “Evil Night” by Jill Tracey.

Comment by Megan Masters – April 24, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this might sound awful but I want him to die, that would make sense…

Comment by celine – April 24, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. I don’t see redemption for Dexter, especially after he went off the rails in S7 and totally forgot about the code.

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – April 24, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really want to see Joey Quinn get killed off. He’s so annoying.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – April 24, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As Dexter become more human and began to feel emotion, he began to make mistakes. He became one of us – imperfect. That is his downfall. Instead of living by the code, he began to act on emotion. And as he evoled into a human being, his character became more unlikable. What are the screenwriters really saying here?

Comment by Tony – April 24, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen season 6 or 7 so I can not comment on those seasons, but the prior seasons before that he was learning how to be both a human and keep his dark passenger satisfied. Unfortunately a lot of lessons were learned from the wrong people who he thought of as friends but weren’t. Each of his kills had been for justice when the courts failed to provide it. He killed other bad people and showed them their crimes and why they are on the table to give them a last glimpse at remorse. I hope the dark passenger devolves into the more human Dexter and where it will always be there, but the more human Dexter is now in control. I hope he does not die that would be cliche unless it is a symbolic death where his dark passenger dies that would be cool.

Comment by Shannon – April 24, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree Dexter should not die. It would be best if we left him alive. kill Debra cos she knows the secret and left him to continue his work. After all the dark passenger does a job that the law both can’t and won’t. Dexter serves a purpose and lets face it that old line about good guys and whats right and wrong…. just a bore.

Comment by sonya – April 25, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, I want dexter to live

Comment by Robyn – April 25, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited and sad for Dexter to be ending I hope the ending satisfies great series all in all

Comment by gina – April 25, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Dexter fans will contact Showtime every way possible about continuing this series!

Comment by dmc – April 29, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post