TVLine Items: Bumped Happy Endings Episodes Rescheduled, The Soup Spin-Off News and More!

Happy EndingsCome on get happy: Happy Endings recently pulled episodes have found a home.

Last week’s two installments of the cult comedy — which were delayed in some markets due to ongoing coverage of the Boston Marathon bombings — have been rescheduled for this Friday, April 26, beginning at 8/7c.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including Community, Revenge, Vampire Diaries, Glee and More!

Because of the change, Happy Endings‘ final pair of Season 3 installments are now slated to air Friday, May 3.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Anyone craving another bowl of Soup? E! is developing a spin-off if its long-running, clip-show comedy. Titled The Soup Investigates, the project is described as a spoof of the investigative TV genre, with Joel McHale and a team of reporters delving into various pop culture-themed mysteries. The cabler on Monday also gave the green light to Total Divas, a docu-series that follows the female WWE Superstars. On the scripted side, E! has put into development drama pilots from Gossip Girl‘s Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, One Tree Hill‘s Mark Schwann, House of Cards’ Kevin Spacey and many more.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

• Adam Goldberg (NYC 22) will guest-star in Franklin & Bash‘s upcoming third season, EW.com reports, playing twin-brother magicians harboring bitter feelings toward each other. Jane Seymour (Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman) is also slated to return as Bash’s mom.

• Jessica Tuck (True Blood) and Robin Givens (90210) have booked recurring roles on Twisted, ABC Family’s newest series (bowing June 11). The project is a Dexter-eqsue drama about an alleged teenage sociopath. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Tuck will play the mother of a deceased student, with Givens joining as the outgoing mother of Kylie Bunbury’s Lacey.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Diane Skiff says:

Its such a shame Happy Endings is constantly getting pushed around the schedule. Its a terrific show that everyone should watch. I am not even in its main demographic and I love it. If you’re not watching it, you should. Don’t let what happened to Pushing Daisies happen to Happy Endings.

• Steven says:

While I do agree with the show deserving a renewal (and Pushing Daisies was AMAZING), everything was pre-empted last week because of the Boston Bomber. It was out of ABC’s control.

• Diane Skiff says:

I know that Steven. Last week was a special circumstance. But its been getting moved around since December, doubling up here and there, or not appearing on the line-up at all. Then it got moved to Friday nights…not the greatest night to have your show that caters to the young, single demographic.

• dodgerpacker says:

You mean Pushing Daisies was A-MAH-ZING don’t you? Which it was.

• You realize the reason for the rescheduling was because of the Boston tragedy, right? It gets moved around because after spending an entire season and a half behind Modern Family, it proved it couldn’t hold its own.

• dude says:

Agreed. But last week was a special circumstance. However, the fact that both episodes are available online will likely hurt their ratings even more.

• David4 says:

How do you figure that? Very few people are watching the show anyways, it’s only die hard fans left at this point and they will watch all the time anywise. The ratings will continue to slip down.

• Keith says:

I watched the first season and it wasn’t that funny.Why not let men act like men instead of bumbling dummies?

2. Winnie says:

I understood why the Happy Endings episodes were rescheduled in the first place, and had been looking for them on the ABC iPad app. Unfortunately, I wont be around to view during the replacement time/date, but I appreciate knowing they’ll be on then. It will be hard, but I can wait an additional week for the 3rd Kerkovich sister…

3. John says:

Already watched the 2 episodes when they were accidentally put on Hulu on Saturday…oops ABC. But they were great as usual!

4. Ashlyn says:

Will the missed episode of Grimm also be rescheduled?

5. Hate to wonder if the May 3rd “season finale” of Happy Endings may turned into a “series finale” or if the sitcom gets “saved”, they better move it to another network like USA Network. :-)

• Spencer says:

At this point, I’m kind of hoping that USA just picks it up. I think it will get more respect there and not get thrown around to different days of the week.

• Dizzle says:

I think there’s a solid chance USA will pick up the show. They are going to need a half-hour to pair with the syndicated repeats of Modern Family. They have a couple of comedy pilots in the pipeline, but I would imagine they will want a rotation of shows to slot in after Modern Family throughout the year.

6. Sara says:

I am not liking this Soup spin-off. The show becomes diluted if that makes sense. I loved when they had a web-clip section & hated their Web Soup spin-off

7. Nicole says:

I watched it on Hulu on Saturday and didnt think anything of it that I saw that it expired on that day thought it was weird but I already watched it so it didn’t matter.

8. Sam says:

Or one could fine them online streaming

9. moonbunny28 says:

Why does one of my favorite actresses have to be on a show I’m trying not to watch so TLG can stay on.

10. mia says:

Lol, by spin off my first thought was a ‘Gay Shows’ only lol

11. schu says:

At least is ABC doesn’t pull through and keep Happy Endings around we “sort of” get an extra week of it. Ok ok I know we don’t actually, but I’m happy with anything they do for this show, except cancel it, because it is THE BEST!

12. Abeed Nadir says:

So is The Soup spin-off in continuity with the show? Is it like Baywatch Nights where the cast opens up an P.I agency to earn extra money? Or is this going to be like the Daily Show with fake news reporters following real people?