Exclusive: All My Children Alum Chrishell Stause Joins Days of Our Lives

Days of Our Lives Casting News Chrishell StauseThings will undoubtedly heat up in Salem this summer when All My Children alumna Chrishell Stause surfaces on NBC’s Days of Our Lives.

Sources confirm for TVLine that Stause, who played AMC‘s Amanda Dillon Martin from mid-2005 until the serial’s broadcast finale in September 2011, has been cast on the Peacock’s long-running sudser in a contract role.

VIDEO | All My Children Relaunch: Meet Pine Valley’s Returning Faves and Fresh Faces

Given Days‘ lead time (the show is currently taping about three months out) and the fact that Stause just reported to the set last week, details on her role are hard to come by, but this much we have learned: She A) is playing a new character and B) will likely first air sometime in early August — maybe perhaps possibly for my birthday, on the 1st of the month?

In addition to her AMC run, Stause’s credits include a guest spot on ABC’s Body of Proof and the web series Luke 11:17.

Are you happy to see Stause back in the daytime-TV world? Which Salem stud would you pair her with?

Comments (57)

• I loved her on All My Children, so I may have to tune in to her on Days. I can just imagine how great the scenes between Arianne Zucker and her will be.

Comment by jerrired – April 18, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NOOOOOOO – so sick on new people coming on the show and pushing our Faves on back burner story lines. STOP MESSING WITH THE ALREADY OVERCROWDED CAST!!!!!!

Comment by Aryn – April 18, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree! TPTB don’t seem to care much for the VETS like Drake Hogestyn;who has been on the bench more than not this whole year! Drake is not the only vet on the bench either! They don’t seem to use the people who can really act lately compared to the newbies! The DAYS of today is NOT the same as say 20 years ago. I blame it on the current Head Writers! I hope & pray the situation changes ASAP before the long running DAYS is cancelled!

Comment by Pam Drake – July 28, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love days and the cast on it now there like family watch it everyday, but if this stause comes on cast she should know not to take over and b the main part since she’s just starting on the days soap ty

Comment by ronald mikell – June 2, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she could have been perfect for Bold and the beautiful.

Comment by Tess – April 18, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They better use her well!! I wanted her to be on GH–involved with the Quartermaine heir somehow.

Comment by JAMANDAFAN – April 18, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arguably one of the most beautiful women in Daytime TV. I loved her on AMC. I preferred her when she was “bad girl” and involved with David and JR. I hope she is a villian on Days just not too villianous like Sarah Brown was for many fans who wanted her gone. I hope Chrishell is in Salem for many years to come. Hmmm who can they hook her up with? I am 11 months behind but definitely skipping ahead now once she starts airing.

Comment by The Goat (@Y2Jin99) – April 18, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definitely see her playing a love interest for either Brady or Father Eric (after he’s de-frocked, of course).

Comment by TT – April 18, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, she might be in the Top 10, but since there’s only a few dozen women left in Daytime TV, that’s not necessarily all that much of a compliment.

Comment by Martoukian – April 18, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great news! Bout time somebody picked her up. She’s a great actress and she is going to fit rite in. Congrats!!!!

Comment by darlene zurline – April 18, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she ends up with Rafe! :)

Comment by Em – April 18, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No thanks!!!!!!!! Rafe is so boring.

Comment by The Goat (@Y2Jin99) – April 18, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN to that, Rafe is super boring no matter who he’s paired with. He needs to get a personality, so please Days Writers let’s make Rafe a rogue cop or something…geez he can be Victor’s new “Nico” or something :)

Comment by Aryn – April 18, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if the DAYS cast wasn’t ALREADY bloated enough, OY! Another NEW character eh! TomSell need to create NEW characters because they don’t have the talent to write for established characters, this is PAST annoying.

Comment by Linda Brett (@DrakeDBEST) – April 18, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t new characters like the nature of soap operas.

Comment by dude – April 18, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, but the DAYS way is let the newbies take OVER the show like TomSell’s newbies have. They seriously ignore HALF of the cast as it is. Other actors are so far on the back burner they’ll never get off. When TomSell start writing for DAYS as an ensemble, I’ll welcome new characters but right now it is CLEAR they have their favorites and those favorites have been shoved down our throats since TomSell started writing for DAYS. Frankly, I’m sick of the favoritism.

Comment by Linda Brett (@DrakeDBEST) – April 18, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That it is..They are 3 months behinds,as for other soaps 6 weeks…They need new writters

Comment by Eva Bechtle Shareshian – April 18, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true! Such a shame!

Comment by Pam Drake – April 18, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can TOMSELL write for new characters when they can’t handle the great cast that made the show what it is. And why does everyone use the phrase “i get that” what are we 12?!!! They are destroying DOOL more than before- the writers before them actually starting writing like the late James Reilly and I was actually coming back to the show- now it’s too up and down and it’s getting worse- get rid of these writers and bring back the last writers and we might just save DOOL.

Comment by MIMI – May 15, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree! With these writers DAYS won’t make it to their 50th Anniversary! They are trying to write out of character for all the vets for SURE! I will always be a fan of Drake Hogestyn though. He’s WONDERFUL!

Comment by Pam Drake – May 16, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news a great get for Days. One of the few young actresses as talented as she is stunning to look at. She broke my heart during Amanda’s cancer scare.

Comment by lauren – April 18, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • brady needs to dump kristen and get with the new lady :)

Comment by mimijo7 – April 18, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Days needs to bring Bo Brady back !!!

Comment by Kim Sandino – April 18, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hook her up with Lucas!!! He needs his own love interest away from Sami for now (although I am a Lumi fan).

I have never seen AMC before or this actress. But she is smoking hot. Hopefully she can act.

Comment by Ray – April 18, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in daytime. She was very good on AMC. Not only beautiful but a very defined and talented actress. I would love to see her paired with Ej (James Scott)

Comment by Kelly Lower – April 18, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s too bad she didn’t go to AMC. Maybe they didn’t ask her back?

Comment by Fabe – April 18, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t fault her for wanting a most likely higher paying gig on broadcast TV. The AMC and OLTL reboots are still a new thing for a startup company. If they are a big success maybe she will return someday but with the episodes only being 30 minutes now there were bound to be cast cuts. Tune into Days and support Chrishell. Just fast forward thru all John Black scenes. lol

Comment by The Goat (@Y2Jin99) – April 18, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s NOT John Black’s fault for being SO OOC. It’s the writers! He’s the best actor on the show!

Comment by Pam Drake – April 18, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, Pam! John is fabulous and Drake is a magnificent actor! Oh well, since DAYS are benching the vets to make room for more newbies, I won’t be watching anyway. I won’t be supporting NEW DAYS with all these new faces. Thank goodness for the freedom to turn the show OFF.

Comment by Linda Brett (@DrakeDBEST) – April 18, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oH theyasked her back on AMC but she moved on with her career. Chrishell is a good friend of mine..

Comment by Amy – May 20, 2013 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The powers at be should not be hiring any new actors, when they have shoved our favorite seasoned actors to the side lines. Their writing stinks, they need fired and a all new team hired. They are running Days into the ground!. I think they want Days cancelled. It makes me sick how these people have ruined the characters on the show and how they have left so many go……….. Get it together and bring our beloved actors back……………

Comment by Debi Clarridge – April 18, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is SO true! The VETS are being cast aside for BAD script writing in my opinion. Everyone is being written out of character for sure. For example: Caroline Brady at a strip club! Terrible! John Black would NEVER have left Doc over an argument!

Comment by Pam Drake – April 18, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is gorgeous and was great as Amanda on “AMC.” Too bad she isn’t joining the online reboot, but congrats that she got “DOOL.” The biggest surprise in the article is that “DOOL” tapes three months in advance. Really? I remember the days when the soaps taped about two weeks ahead of airing.

Comment by dan – April 18, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a budgetary issue, Dan. Apparently it’s cheaper if they tape a huge amount in six weeks, then get six weeks off. Something like that. Am I anywhere near correct?

Ah, forgot about EJ. Yes, she’d be smoking hot with EJ or Brady. As for Rafe? Uhhhh, no. He’s way too dull for her. I am concerned she’s a bit too similar to Arianne Zuker (Nicole), though.

Comment by TT – April 18, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh definately put her with Rafe! Let him be the hot hero again and get the focus back on romance and away from the garbage relationships they have now! And don’t blame TomSell for the current bad storylines, blame the idiots in charge who have forced them to follow the current story paths.

Comment by Huskygrl – April 18, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I would love for days to put her with Rafe. Some say that Rafe is boring, but he’s not. What’s boring is having Stefano Dimera come back alive for the 1,000th time. Talk about boring!!!

Comment by Pearl – May 19, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rumors are she is Cassie Brady. How do you know if she is new character? She is either Cassie or Emily Hudson.

Comment by Sky – April 18, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is a new character. That’s why I put that in the story. That she is playing a new character. New.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 18, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How do you know she is a new character where did you that she was? Cause rumors are Jen Lilley is the new character Keara Baldwin.

There a younger female Brady character coming back to Salem that hasn’t been mentioned in a while and rumors are its Cassie Brady.

So do you know for a fact CS is a new character? SOD says she is coming to Days and that she will cross paths with Rafe nothing about her being a new character.

Comment by Sky – April 18, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES – Rafe needs a hot gorgeous lady in his life let him become the Rafe we grew to love when he first came on the show, this hot, gorgeous FBI agent with a agenda to stomp out crime in Salem. If he would be paired with her I might start watching again.

Comment by Kathy – April 18, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s times like this when I’m glad that I stopped watching Days.

They need to stop treating the vets like kitty litter and start writing better for them.

The teen crowds on all the soaps are horrible but days is the worst.

I’m happy for CS and the fact that she didn’t join that ghastly AMC reboot, but does days really need to add anymore new characters right now???

The show does terrible in the ratings all the time and doesn’t sony or NBC have an option this year to cancel their contract with Days?

I would think because of that fact, it’s time to bring back some established characters and close up some loose ends.

Comment by Chacha – April 19, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see her with Lucas or Chad!?? They both need to find someone n be happy finally! I love Chrishell, shes beautiful!! I was so hoping she was joining GH as Lulu or the Quartermaine aire but im a Days watcher too so I’m ok with this too!!

Comment by Michelle – April 19, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Days is keeping a very tight lid on this so you don’t know for a fact she is a new character. She might be a new character or she might be recast. Only people who know is Chrishell, the days crew and cast.

Comment by Taylor – April 20, 2013 12:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – April 21, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I will believe it when I hear SOD say who she is playing. There is no need for her to play a new character when Jen Lilley is a new character. Chrishell looks to much like Lauren Koslow to play anyone else but Cassie. Days is keeping a tight lid on all this so you don’t know who she is playing. Only Days cast and crew know. I’m still going with CS is playing Cassie Brady. I guess we all will have to wait and see.

Comment by Sky – April 27, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the only show on daytime that shoots so far in advance, and as I get it’s partly for budget reasons, it doesn’t serve the show well. Especially when there’s a story that’s failing hardcore, but you have to stick with it for 3-4 months because the writers can’t just make a quick change to it. -_-

Comment by turnerisms – April 20, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m laughing at the people questioning Matt. LOL! Matt Mitovich knows what he is talking about! This isn’t a blog. Good grief!

I’ve watched on and off for over 20 years. I’m all for new characters coming on to the show. I haven’t missed Bo at all and wouldn’t cry if Hope left.

Comment by iheartwilson – April 23, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! They can take John and Marlena with them!! I loved her on AMC and will love her on DOOL. I see her with Rafe maybe? Who knows? Whatever the case, Welcome Chrishell :)

Comment by waitingsucks – April 24, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She would have been a beautiful compliment for EJ(James Scott)..as Taylor.If she plays Cassie Brady that would be good because,she could take Rafe from Kate.LOL now that would be a great storyline,for Rafe(Galen).Or she could play Rafes mysterious wife that “supposedly” died.

Comment by Reney – May 3, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did Rafe have a wife before he met Sami? The only wife I remember that died that we never saw was Dr. Daniel Jonas’ wife who passed from cancer.

Comment by daysfan4ever – May 28, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • he had a fiancee or wife (rafe) that died

Comment by lana dingus – July 15, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think her an EJ would make a new super couple & Sami back to Rafe!

Comment by Denise – July 9, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post