Could this Friends reunion rumor be any more untrue?
“I’m going to clear this up,” Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman told E! News Monday night, “it’s not happening!”
Essentially putting the kibosh on any reunion ever, televised or otherwise, Kauffman explained, “Friends was about that time in your life when your friends are your family and once you have a family, there’s no need anymore.”
For those unaware of the latest Central Perk buzz, a report from a never-before-heard-of website set the Web ablaze earlier this week when it “confirmed” that NBC had greenlit a comeback season (yes, not just a special) of the hit comedy, to air in 2014.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Covert Affairs has tapped Constance Wu (One Live to Live) and Johnny Wu (24) to guest-star in a Season 4 episode as married Chinese bureaucrats living in D.C., TVLine has learned exclusively. Spy gal Annie will be tasked with determining whether the pair’s motives are more nefarious than previously believed.
• If this news doesn’t make you want to roll with the homies, we’re not sure what will: The Exes is staging a Clueless reunion! Stacey Dash (Single Ladies) has been tapped to appear opposite her former big-screen love Donald Faison in a July episode of the TV Land comedy, TVGuide.com reports, playing Phil’s (Faison) born-again virgin girlfriend.
RELATED | 2013 TV Shows — Renewed or Cancelled?
• Starz has unveiled a first look at Black Sails, its upcoming Michael Bay-produced pirate drama series set 20 years before the events of Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. Press PLAY below for a peek at the series, which stars Toby Stephens (Die Another Day) and Australian actor Luke Arnold.
• 30 Rock vet Tracy Morgan has been named host of the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, which will air Sunday, May 19 on ABC.
• DirecTV has given the green light to Full Circle, a 10-episode drama series from Neil LaBute (In the Company of Men). The project is said to examine the human condition through a series of conversations between 11 people who, unbeknownst to them, are all somehow intertwined.
• Smash EPs Craig Zadan and Neil Meron have been asked back to produce the Oscars, which will air March 2, 2014.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?