Revenge Shocker: Emily and [Spoiler] Engaged

Get More: Scoop

Revenge Emily Daniel EngagedRevenge‘s Emily Thorne will soon find herself engaged to one of her many suitors. Will Aiden, the red Sharpie-wielding gal’s undercover lover, get down on bended knee? Maybe her former fling Daniel will pop the question? Or perhaps Jack, her childhood soulmate, will finally make a grab for his girl? Ponder no more: We’re spoiling the identity of Em’s soon-to-be fiancé in 3, 2…

As of the addictive drama’s May 5 installment (ABC, 9/8c), Emily will once again be betrothed to… her sexy ex-y Daniel Grayson!

The engagement news was first revealed in the upcoming episode’s official description, which states: “Emily plots her next move in her new role as Daniel’s fiancee, while Aiden struggles with the re-engagement.”

RELATED | Revenge Season 2 Spoilers — Major Character Death in Finale

In an interview with TVLine just prior to the question-popping news leak, Revenge creator Mike Kelley prepped us for the major romantic shakeup awaiting fans. “The love rectangle — or Jack and Daniel and Aiden vying for Emily’s affections — will come to a head at the end of this season,” he teased. “Emily will be put in a position where she needs to make a profound choice.”

Could said choice be the one in which she recommits herself to an increasingly dark Daniel? We can’t be sure, though Kelley did playfully note — when asked who Emily really, truly cares about at this point — that the Grayson son has “given her little reason to have true affection for him because he’s been such a bastard in so many ways.

“As far as her future with Daniel is concerned,” he added, “for the time being at least, it’s firmly cemented in her revenge plan.”

So, there you might have it folks: This engagement shocker is all part of Emily’s revengenda.

Scroll through the gallery below for fresh pics from the April 28 episode, in which the on-again lovebirds’ engagement presumably takes place, then hit the comments: Are you down for the impending Daniel/Emily reunion?

Tags: ,

Comments (87)

• Can’t wait, it looks really good!

Comment by mikoli – April 15, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And the odds of Daniel dying in the season finale just went up quite a lot (IMO of course).

Comment by CJS – April 15, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • unfortunately you are probably right! I’m still hoping Jack dies though!

Comment by Elyse – April 15, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. This is awesome. They had better not punk out and make it Ashley or Declan or someone equally lame. Daniel dying after marrying Emily would be epic. She’d be a Grayson with, I’m betting, a huge share in Grayson Global. Cue evil laughter and ice cold smile

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – April 15, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This would be awesome.

Comment by The letter J – April 15, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I made this same comment on another board. I seriously think that is what they’re going to do. People betting on Aiden being the one dying baffles me because it has been quite clear from the moment he was made a series regular(after 5 episodes) that he is a writers favorite. Heck, Mike Kelley even stated he loved Emily&Aiden as a couple. And the writing clearly supports his claim. No way Emily is going to suffer another terrible loss after losing Amanda. The new triangle will be Emily having to chose between the two men she clearly loves for vastly different reasons, Aiden & Jack. Daniel is a dead man.

Comment by deme – April 15, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly! I was betting on Sr. or Jr. Grayson, but this just swayed it towards Jr. getting the ax.

Comment by C – April 16, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want this so bad. Daniel’s character has gotten stale and douchey- his death would re-energize the show and be so thematically fitting. I hope the writers take a risk and kill him off because Daniel is a dead weight that is holding back the show.

Plus I really want to see that Jack/Aiden/Emily triangle (maybe even quadrangle with Vic’s new son although he’d be a bit old).

Comment by GuyAwks – April 19, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One can only hope! Victoria;s new son can take the place of whiny Daniel next season. Hopefully a better actor will be cast.

Comment by A – April 15, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. I almost wanna call it.

Comment by dee123 – April 16, 2013 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll call it. Daniel is outta here. There’s a beach calling his name.

Comment by deme – April 16, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ms. Thorne is back to her first plan which was to take down the Grayson thur Daniel.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – April 15, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they’d take Emily/Daniel more seriously as a romantic prospect. Her chemistry with him is far superior to anyone else on the show.

Comment by dude – April 15, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • dude I agree 100%!

Comment by Elyse – April 15, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%. I also don’t understand the comments from the creator. Daniel does see concerned about Emily and the only person that tries to keep her out of danger. Isn’t that why he broke up with her?

I’m sure my hatred of Aiden also clouds this issue.

From a story perspective I think a large part of the reason the show has become stale is because it just seems like the same things rehashed over and over and over again. The show would be much more interesting if Daniel knew who she was and they worked together to take down the initiative. But this seems like another “use Daniel to strike at the initiative” story line.

Comment by JB – April 15, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Daniel would be a far more interesting partner in Emily’s revenge plot.

Comment by Me – April 15, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But Daniel would never work with Emily to take down The Initiative or his parents- have we been watching the same show? Daniel believes that David Clarke deserved to be framed and murdered, and would sooner ex-communicate his own mother than allow the truth to come out.

He’s proven that he has no moral compass time and time again and will do whatever get’s him the most money/power possible. That’s not someone Emily is capable of loving.

Jack and Aiden are definitely potential Revengenda allies- but Daniel would probably rat her a** out to the cops if he ever found out what she was doing.

Comment by Jeremy Ponniah – April 16, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, but I think Daniel’s death would do more for the show. I prefer Emily with Daniel too, but they’ve made it abundantly clear that would never happen.

Comment by The letter J – April 15, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t change my opinion. It is very interesting to see Emily with the son of his greatest enemy.

Comment by Mary – April 16, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to me. I never found them interesting.

Comment by Radha – April 16, 2013 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as long as it’s not Jack!!! I hate Jack!

Comment by Elyse – April 15, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here Here!

Comment by THIS – April 15, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack is the end game. As much as i hate it.

Comment by dee123 – April 16, 2013 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She should be with her childhood sweetheart, JACK!!!

Comment by Michele Hampton Barnes – April 15, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto but I’m fine watching them drag it out because it will make their inevitable union all the more sweet.

Comment by Jeremy Ponniah – April 16, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this means either Daniel or Aiden will be the major player killed off at the end of the season.

Comment by Trista – April 15, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hopefully both. I was hoping they’d have a Bachelor party with Aiden, Daniel, Jack and Declan, and suddenly the building they’re in blows up and everybody dies :X

Comment by kavyn – April 15, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Will Conrad be there as a guest? :D
        I would love that. haha

Comment by Mayra – April 15, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sick of the way they keep shoving Emily/Daniel down our throats. Enough already, please.

Comment by Andrew – April 15, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last season Emily actually did fall for Daniel. This season Emily is strictly using him as her ploy to get her revenge against the Grayson’s and wedge her way back in in a more temporarily permanent manner. The writers aren’t forcing anything. We know Emily doesn’t love him and even the creator has stated that.

Comment by iMember – April 15, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again? Boring. This show is a real let down this season. Last year my friends and I would text or call each other about the episode.This year we barely talk about it.

Comment by Diane – April 15, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if u dont like it watch something else

Comment by maxisatroll123 – April 15, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Engaged again? Snooze ..

Comment by Amy – April 15, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haters to the left, this is gonna be good! The show has sky rocketed these past episodes.

Comment by iMember – April 15, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree enough of Dimbo Daniel being given a storyline, he’s had a good run, time to go.

Comment by Mimi – April 15, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do think Daniel being the big death is a likely chance now though.

Comment by iMember – April 15, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only way I care for this is if Daniel is the one killed in the finale. I really don’t care for him at all. Also it better not be Nolan or Jack or I be done with Revenge!

Comment by K. – April 15, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you! Not my NOLAN!!! Or Jack!

Comment by ratneck – April 22, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see any chemistry between jack and Emily or Daniel and Emily.. I think jack should die or move out of Hampton . At least we will be entertained by Daniel -Emily- Aiden triangle..:)

Comment by Amy – April 15, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • jack and emily had so much chemistry last season. especially in the beginning. now that they barely have scenes together, they don’t seem to have that same spark :/

Comment by baglesvswaffles – April 19, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Season Two. I don’t even care anymore.

Comment by melanie – April 15, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • u dont care about it but yet u still took the time and read the article and left a comment? if u dont care anymore switch over to another show that u like

Comment by maxisatroll123 – April 15, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How about you chill out and stop telling those with a differing opinion what to do? A decent portion of the viewing audience is sadly disappointed in this less then stellar season and are prefectly in their right to voice said opinions.

Comment by tripoli – April 16, 2013 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so tired of the Emily and Daniel story. I hope Daniel either dies or gets a new love interest. Lets move on. I’d like to see Aiden with Emily, but unfortunately, he’s probably the one that gets killed and she lives happily ever after with Jack. Better Jack than Daniel, but if Aiden gets killed, I won’t care anymore and won’t be watching season 3 if there is one.

Comment by Lynn – April 15, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i DON’T WANT EMiLY TO END UP WiTH JACK. i RATHER SEE HER END UP WiTH EiTHER DANiEL OR AiDEN.

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – April 15, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping it’s Aiden who dies; I can’t stand his ninja/assassin character!

Comment by Karrie – April 15, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm i swear this has happened before….

Comment by ggny – April 15, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are not going to kill Daniel or Jack. I can’t believe anyone really thinks it’s either of them. Aiden wasn’t in the picture but I hope it’s him or Declan or Ashley. I doubt Conrad and the show wouldn’t survive with out Victoria or Emily or Noel. We know the end of the season is Noel-centric and he and Aiden have been working closely to take down the initiative and falcon while Emily is off romancing Daniel. I’m still betting it’s Aiden.

Comment by David – April 15, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • who the heck is noel? do you mean nolan?

Comment by MM – April 15, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate how Emily treats the people she supposedly cares about. It’s disgusting that they would make her out to be so cheap. Please don’t take her down this road. It’s hard for me to even root for her. I don’t how any fans can be happy with the situation. She is obviously using Daniel, hurting Aiden and lying to Jack. She deserves to end up alone.

Comment by Steph – April 15, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand your position and to some degree I’m with you. But I’m enjoying so much seeing a woman in power that I’m able to go along with it. It’s nice to see the role reversal and having the men being toyed with. And I say this as a diehard Emily&Aiden fan. I hate what Emily is doing to him but he knows revenge first with her just like it was for him when he left her.

Comment by deme – April 15, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree with you Steph!

Comment by Amy – April 15, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the show, Daniel dying would be a great way to refocus for S3 .

I’m not ready to lose Aiden and I hope Em feels the same too, but I think her Revenging will come first, she’ll keep Daniel.

Comment by Mimi – April 15, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aiden will die and the initiative story will end finally. They realized that the initiative story was a dumb move and Aiden is still counts as a main character. For sure won’t be jack though

Comment by Dave – April 15, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope that this time she actually goes through with the marrige

Comment by aciel – April 15, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i TOTALLY AGREE WiTH ACiEL. i ALSO HOPE THAT THiS TIME EMiLY AND DANiEL GET MARRiED. AND iHOPEFULLY EMiLY DOESN’T RUiN THE CHANCE OF THE WEDDiNG LiKE LAST SEASON .

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – April 15, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack could die too.. I don’t see Emily having strong feelings for him right now at least..because you had a crush on a boy when you were a kid, does not mean you will still feel the same..she cares about Jack but i am not convinced she loves him..

Comment by Amy – April 15, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily’s feelings for Jack are not the normal childhood crush. He is the last reminder of a time when her life was innocent and full of hope before it was shot to hell and damaged her core. I completely understand her romanticizing him in her mind. The irony of there situation is she sees him of pure and good but her revenagenda has put that in jeopardy. Jack is becoming harden.

Comment by deme – April 15, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually hope Daniel does not die, because I like her with Daniel. If anything, I hate that Victoria does not like them together. I want them to actually have her go through with marrying him and being Victoria’s daughter in law and that dynamic.

Comment by MJ – April 15, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AIDEN!!!!!!

Comment by mia – April 15, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aiden and Daniel need to die! Both are useless characters.

Comment by Maryam – April 15, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no. UGH. I can’t stand Daniel.

Comment by Ella – April 16, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo

Comment by Danielisboring – April 16, 2013 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how everyone keeps saying I hope Aiden is the one who dies. When Aiden was not even one of the choices TVline showed us last week. So lets move on from that….

Comment by cas – April 16, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just an oversight though, he is CORE cast but not an ORIGINAL cast member. Why did they up him to ‘regular’ status from Ep 14 with a contract OPTION for S3, only to kill him off by Ep22?

ChristaB says the death is someone very very close to her – Daniel or Conrad I’d say.

Comment by Mimi – April 16, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m praying that it’s Daniel who dies in the finale because:
    a) Daniel is a greedy prick with a “poor little rich boy” complex
    b) Jack/Emily can happen
    c) It’s thematically perfect for Daniel to die as Emily’s fiance like we thought in S1
    d) Daniel has nothing more to bring to the show- he would never help Emily in her mission but him trying to be a villain is embarrassing

Comment by Jeremy Ponniah – April 16, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the writers will make us think Daniel is the one who dies, but I think it will be either Aiden or Charlotte. The summary for the finale says that person who dies is a true ally. I don’t think Daniel is or ever will be a true ally.
    I think Emily and Daniel will get married, and then Emily and Aiden will plot to kill Daniel. However, something will go wrong and either Aiden will die or Charlotte. That’s why Emily will be surprised. I think Charlotte could be the one to die because Emily could tell her the truth and turn her against her parents, making her an ally. Personally, I hope it is Daniel and not Aiden, because I’m a big Aiden fan. But I don’t think the writers have the guts to kill Daniel.

Comment by Donna – April 16, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, I like this idea except the killing part. I would love for Emily&Aiden to slowly drive him insane. I’m beginning to think it’s not Daniel either. Bummer. Charlotte is such a viable way to connect Emily to the Graysons but they fail to use it. They should bring her into the drama by having her develop an unhealthy attention to Aiden. Declan is dragging her down.

Comment by deme – April 16, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it isn’t Daniel. Yea, yea Daniel could be a bit whiny and he’s definitely no einstein but he’s not a bad guy. him and em have really great chemistry and I think they work well together. I wish they wouldn’t get engaged again though, even if it’s important for em’s agenda. Daniel just keeps getting kicked around and he genuinely loves her. For story wise sake it makes the most sense for daniel to die after they get married but I can’t deny I’d feel disappointed. I like aiden well enough and I’m pretty indifferent to jack. Jus get rid of declan! They can take charlotte too but I actually thing her character would be much better without declan around. Also take ashley! My word she’s useless.

Comment by jenjen – April 16, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Daniel & Emily’s chemistry. Hope Emily’s feelings for him reemerge!

Comment by Sarah – April 16, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aiden’s and emily’s chemistry is just so cute. I used to love daniel and emily together but not anymore…and i dont want jack to be the endgame.

Comment by Christina – April 17, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I would be tempted to never watch the show again if they kill off Jack or Daniel. Aiden can go, sure he knows the truth but I just dont like him. And yes I am a huge Jack fangirl(possibly because of a former Roswell addiction) and I would be really ticked if he were gone.

Comment by Tchele – April 17, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will never watch the show again if they kill off Nolan! He is my favorite. He just lost Padma and I think it would be nice if he and Emily would get together.

Comment by Melanie Huff – April 17, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so want Jack and Nolan to get together .. it would be a wonderful turn of events.

Comment by Richard Lindsley – April 18, 2013 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want quea Emily stayed with Daniel but clear before parents del gotta suffer a little
    Brazil kisses the

Comment by Anne – April 19, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE LET DANIEL DIE!!! I wish he died and they kept Tyler tbh

Comment by baglesvswaffles – April 19, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aiden is dying…makes sense.

Comment by justin – April 20, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • .” Unfortunately, a major player — “one of the nine characters that we began the show with” — won’t make it out alive. And wouldn’t you know, the Initiative is responsible for the impending demise.” – Mike Kelley. So NOT Aiden then.

If there was truly a long plan in place for this Finale i.e.S3 to start with a funeral, then it would have to be major character – Conrad or Daniel.

Comment by Mimi – April 21, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Jack killed off and have Emily&Aiden as endgame. Having her end up with her childhood crush would be beyond cliche. Personally, I think Emily and Aiden are really cute together. He knows everything already and he understands it all. Plus, they’re pretty similar too! All in all, I can live without Jack and Declan, and I’d stop watching if Emily, Nolan, or Aiden were killed off. As for Daniel, I’d like him to stay and Ashley is absolutely useless so they can just kill her off.

Comment by Paige – April 21, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re getting engaged AGAIN?! Seriously…poor Daniel, as much of a jerk he appears to be at times, he seems to genuinely love Emily.
    Jack and Emily seem like the obvious couple at the end of the show, although the prospect bores me to say the least owing to the fact that Jack is well…bland. In fact, I’d say I find Daniel more interesting than him. But then again, neither of them could be Nolan Ross…
    Aiden, I’m in two minds about…he’s better than both Daniel and Jack though so that’s a plus. As for who ends up with Emily…I think all three are better off without her. Although, I’d say the only person who stands a chance of not getting destroyed by her is Aiden…
    The whole “death of major character” screams Daniel/Charlotte, or I hope Ashley/ Declan. Jack will NOT die, but I don’t care if he does….Daniel dying might be prickling at worst. Charlotte seems to be the only person other than Jack not involved in Emily’s vendetta that she cares about- she could die. Whoever they kill, it better not be Nolan Ross…the show would fall apart without him. I and many others would stop watching the show if they do indeed kill him off.

Comment by TM7 – April 22, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love daniel want very much to emily!!!
    perfect couple? * _ *

Comment by Fernanda Anastácio – April 23, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm… I really hope it’s not Charlotte cos she never got to know her sister properly. I doubt it’s Daniel or Conrad, I enjoy watching Victoria and Conrad in their petty exchange of words. I like Aiden but wouldn’t miss him much if he gets killed off. And Jack is starting to be invisible as well. At least Daniel goes for what he wants lol. Ashley should die pls! Declan has gotten stale. And we all know Victoria isn’t going anywhere. Fingers crossed now.

Comment by Ola – April 30, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post