Pilot Scoop: Kristin Chenoweth to Play Matthew Broderick's Sister in CBS' Tad Quill Sitcom

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

85th Annual Academy Awards - ArrivalsIn one of pilot season’s final major castings, Kristin Chenoweth is set to play Matthew Broderick‘s sister in CBS’ Untitled Tad Quill Project, TVLine has learned.

The multi-camera comedy, written and exec produced by Scrubs vet Quill, centers on Broderick’s Jack, a recently widowed father who is raising his 12-year old son while simultaneously jumping back into the dating pool.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers — and Who’s In Them!

Chenoweth, whose tube credits include Pushing Daisies, Glee, The Good Wife and GCB, will play Marnie, Jack’s cute but judgmental sister who works as a waitress at a nice but not-too-upscale restaurant (is it shaped like a pie?!) Something of a busy-body with strong opinions about pretty much everything, Marnie considers herself a therapist, even if she hasn’t quite finished her clinical hours for state certification.

Fellow musical theater vets/Tony winners Broderick and Chenoweth appeared together in ABC’s 2003 adaptation of The Music Man (see below for video proof).

Comments (10)

• I find Kristin Chenoweth is best in small doses. Not sure I’d watch anything where she’s a main character – despite the fact that her character and I share the same name. Marnie’s are popping up everywhere it seems!

Comment by MLO – April 12, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Matthew Broderick & Kristen chenoweth I’ll def check this out. They should name it See Jack…. and then each episode could be titled with See Jack (insert action) date, turn 40, get a new job whatever the episode is about…. just an idea

Comment by Lena – April 12, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a cute idea! I like it. I’d probably watch it just for that.

Comment by the girl – April 12, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No offense, but I honestly think that is a horrible idea. As a person who read the script, I can attest that it would not fit the shows theme. It’s a low-key show. Also, he is 40 at the start, dates in every episode, and is successful at his job, and it plays a major part in the show.

In addition, Chenoweth (while talented) is horribly miscast. This is supposed to be a deadpan character, something Chenoweth would be horrible at.

Comment by Zach – April 12, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great idea! They can do a business trip episode – “See Jack Off”

Comment by Chubbs McGubbins – April 13, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on AMCPress.

Comment by AMCPress – April 12, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray! I will watch her act/sing in anything.

Comment by TVDIVA – April 12, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Between bland Broderick and seriously irritating Chenoweth, this just jumped to the top of my must miss list.

Comment by lyn – April 12, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to meet the moron who thinks this is a great idea.

Comment by Chubbs McGubbins – April 13, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would LOVE to see this go to series. A pairing of Matthew and Kristin is awesome…I would love to see MB on my tv screen each week!

Comment by Deena – April 27, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post