Pilot Scoop: Kristin Chenoweth to Play Matthew Broderick's Sister in CBS' Tad Quill Sitcom

85th Annual Academy Awards - ArrivalsIn one of pilot season’s final major castings, Kristin Chenoweth is set to play Matthew Broderick‘s sister in CBS’ Untitled Tad Quill Project, TVLine has learned.

The multi-camera comedy, written and exec produced by Scrubs vet Quill, centers on Broderick’s Jack, a recently widowed father who is raising his 12-year old son while simultaneously jumping back into the dating pool.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers — and Who’s In Them!

Chenoweth, whose tube credits include Pushing Daisies, Glee, The Good Wife and GCB, will play Marnie, Jack’s cute but judgmental sister who works as a waitress at a nice but not-too-upscale restaurant (is it shaped like a pie?!) Something of a busy-body with strong opinions about pretty much everything, Marnie considers herself a therapist, even if she hasn’t quite finished her clinical hours for state certification.

Fellow musical theater vets/Tony winners Broderick and Chenoweth appeared together in ABC’s 2003 adaptation of The Music Man (see below for video proof).

1. MLO says:

I find Kristin Chenoweth is best in small doses. Not sure I’d watch anything where she’s a main character – despite the fact that her character and I share the same name. Marnie’s are popping up everywhere it seems!

2. Lena says:

I love Matthew Broderick & Kristen chenoweth I’ll def check this out. They should name it See Jack…. and then each episode could be titled with See Jack (insert action) date, turn 40, get a new job whatever the episode is about…. just an idea

• the girl says:

That’s a cute idea! I like it. I’d probably watch it just for that.

• Zach says:

No offense, but I honestly think that is a horrible idea. As a person who read the script, I can attest that it would not fit the shows theme. It’s a low-key show. Also, he is 40 at the start, dates in every episode, and is successful at his job, and it plays a major part in the show.

In addition, Chenoweth (while talented) is horribly miscast. This is supposed to be a deadpan character, something Chenoweth would be horrible at.

• Chubbs McGubbins says:

Great idea! They can do a business trip episode – “See Jack Off”

3. TVDIVA says:

Hooray! I will watch her act/sing in anything.

4. lyn says:

Between bland Broderick and seriously irritating Chenoweth, this just jumped to the top of my must miss list.

5. Chubbs McGubbins says:

I would like to meet the moron who thinks this is a great idea.

6. Deena says:

I would LOVE to see this go to series. A pairing of Matthew and Kristin is awesome…I would love to see MB on my tv screen each week!