CBS 'Spoils' 18 Season Finales, Including HIMYM, Big Bang, NCIS and The Good Wife

CBS Season Finale SpoilersRed John strikes again on The Mentalist, Robin and Barney finally get hitched on How I Met Your Mother, Penny and Leonard (maybe) get separated on The Big Bang Theory, and the Criminal Minds crew braces for a tragedy — those are but a few of the big season finale plots in store on CBS’ dramas and comedies this May.

A complete tease-tastic rundown, courtesy of the Eye net’s PR department, is below. Warning: Major Spoilers!

RELATED | Complete 2013 Season Finale Calendar: What’s Ending When?

SUNDAY, APRIL 28
THE GOOD WIFE (9/8c)
On the night of Peter’s gubernatorial election, Alicia, Will and Diane race to emergency court proceedings when Zach believes he’s witnessed vote tampering. Meanwhile, Cary is approached by an unlikely source who offers to help him start his own firm, and Alicia’s conflicted personal and professional feelings come to a head. (Martha Plimpton, T.R. Knight, Denis O’Hare and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg guest star.)

THE MENTALIST (10/9c)
Just as Jane narrows down the Red John suspect list to seven, Red John strikes again, and the victim has a link to Jane’s past. (Laura San Giacomo guest stars.)

THURSDAY, MAY 9
TWO AND A HALF MEN (8:31/7:31c)
Walden dates a hot 22-year-old (Hilary Duff) but finds himself more interested in her grandmother (Marilu Henner). Meanwhile, Alan and Jake go on a father-son bonding trip.

PERSON OF INTEREST (9:01/8:01c)
When The Machine goes offline, Finch’s elusive original motivations for helping its irrelevant numbers begin to come to light as he and Reese join forces with surprising allies in the race to save it.

RELATED | 2013 May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying? Who’s Getting Hitched? Who’s Returning?

FRIDAY, MAY 10
VEGAS (9/8c)
All bets are off when Sheriff Lamb, determined to get revenge, teams up with Savino to take down Porter Gainsley (Michael Ironside), the man who killed Lamb’s wife and attempted to murder Katherine. Meanwhile, Jack is devastated when he catches Mia in a compromising position.

BLUE BLOODS (10/9c)
When someone close to the Reagans is murdered, the family rallies together to take down the leader of the gang responsible. While Danny works on the gang leader’s girlfriend to lead them to him, Frank is left reeling from a second crisis.

MONDAY, MAY 13
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (8/7c)
As the gang prepares to go to Robin and Barney’s wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the house he’s finally finished fixing up. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney’s night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple (Casey Wilson and Keegan-Michael Key), and Marshall takes the baby on a last-minute trip to Minnesota to see his family.

2 BROKE GIRLS (9/8c)
Hoping to raise enough money for an upcoming business seminar, Max and Caroline deep-clean part of the diner for Han prior to a health inspection and discover something that could help re-launch their cupcake business.

TUESDAY, MAY 14
NCIS (8/7c)
The international manhunt for Eli David’s killer turns into a federal witch hunt against Gibbs and the team, which questions their unconventional methods and threatens their future at the agency.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

NCIS: LOS ANGELES (9/8c)
A nuclear explosion in the Pacific reignites the search for stolen nuclear weapons and prompts Hetty to shuffle the NCIS: LA partnerships, sending Callen and Kensi overseas and leaving Sam and Deeks teamed up state side.

GOLDEN BOY (10/9c)
When Clark is relegated to desk duty, he delves into Owen’s cold case in which the murder investigation of a construction worker was compromised by the events of 9/11. Meanwhile, Deputy Mayor Holbrook pulls a gun on Clark and Margot, Agnes drives away with her father, and Owen gets his long deserved promotion. Michael Madsen guest stars as Clark’s estranged father.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 15
CSI (10/9c)
Roles are reversed for Russell and his team as they are placed under the microscope when a feature journalist follows them as they investigate a series of murders. One team member goes undercover and is jeopardized when the team discovers they are up against a highly sophisticated predator. Plus: Look who’s guest-starring!

THURSDAY, MAY 16
THE BIG BANG THEORY (8/7c)
Sheldon and Penny are thrown for a loop when Leonard is offered an exciting job opportunity overseas.

RELATED | CBS Renews 14 Shows for Next Season — What’s Missing?

ELEMENTARY (9/8c; two-hour episode)
As Sherlock reels at the reappearance of his former lover, Irene Adler (Natalie Dormer), a series of flashbacks unravel the tumultuous events that led to his downfall into addiction. Meanwhile, he and Joan once again find themselves in the crosshairs of the enigmatic Moriarty.

MONDAY, MAY 20
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (8:30/7:30c)
Brenda (Sara Rue) goes into labor on Jennifer and Adam’s wedding day, Russell and Timmy attempt a reconciliation and Audrey has a huge surprise for Jeff.

MIKE & MOLLY (9:30/8:30c)
When Peggy breaks up with Patrick (Gerald McRaney), Mike attempts to reunite them in order to improve his work life. Later, as a tornado descends on Chicago, Mike and Molly confess important news to each other.

HAWAII FIVE-0 (10/9c)
When a plane lands on Oahu with four bodies on board and a missing terrorist detainee, the CIA tasks Five-0 with finding him before he carries out an attack on U.S. soil. Meanwhile, Kono is on the run from the police for a murder she did not commit, and McGarrett’s prison visit to Wo Fat ends with a shocking discovery. Christine Lahti, Ian Anthony Dale, Daniel Henney and Autumn Reeser guest star.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22
CRIMINAL MINDS (9/8c; two-hour episode)

1. wrstlgirl says:

Best Survivor spoiler ever :-)

2. Maki says:

If they don’t INTRODUCE THE MOTHER TO US! I WON’T WATCH HIMYM ANYMORE. 8 year has passed enough enough enough. . .

• Marge says:

I also hope they introduce the mother in the season finale but I suspect that the wedding will take two episodes: the season finale and the season premiere and that the mother’s face will only come up on our screen next season. Because we have not waited long enough apparently…

• Lauren says:

I’m not quite as mad as you but I am definitely annoyed that it looks like the wedding will not be during the finale. They really have strung us along long enough.

• Ang says:

And when you think about it, Ted and the so-called mother were at the train station together after the wedding and supposedly did not know each other yet so what gives. I am past the suspense. Truly at this point, I don’t care. I watch because Barney is hilarious!

• Bill says:

You’re kidding right? Next season is it. Why give up on the show now?

• Eric says:

I understand your frustration, but you do realize that Season 9 is the FINAL season of How I Met Your Mother, correct? What would be the point of quitting now?

• Mel says:

Maki, you are better than I, After stringing me along for 7 years and still no mother sighting, I said no more. I’ll tune in to the finale – maybe.

• stefany says:

At the end of the episode a few weeks ago (the one with the future Barney and the future Ted) Ted mentioned that in 45 days he would meet the mother. Based on that timeline, that would make it mid May. Now I realize with television seasons its possible does that might actually mean the season premiere in September, however I am quite certain that we are going to get to see Ted court the mother in season 9 based on that comment.

• jawad says:

well I won’t be watching sason 9 of HIMYM,, if they didn’t show the mother’s face in season 8 finale….

• Chris says:

if you dont wanna watch HIMYM, then dont watch it. i hope there will be HIMYM season 9.

• brutony says:

Hey, Im so tired of watching and waiting for the mother to show up, but apparently theyve lost interest in it, if you watch the show each week and suffer through these endless, repetitive plotlines and story arcs! We just got to suffer through it, and hope the reveal comes by next week, at this point, right?

3. Mary Ann says:

The Mentalist seriously needs to put the Red John storyline out of it’s misery. It’s dragged on long enough.

• Kim R says:

Yes! Seriously! Is this all Jane is made up of? Let’s get on with it already.

• IMHO says:

I couldn’t agree more. This series would be better if it was just a ‘crime of the week’ type. Oh, and if it was on a different night too so it started at a consistent time …

• Elyse says:

LOVE the mentalist but i so agree!

• TVDIVA says:

I am sooooo tired of Red John. Those episodes are always dark and dank. He needs to die already and move onto another villain or standalone cases.

• Deb Evon says:

I agree its almost like The Profiler looking for Jack Of All Trades, just way too long.

• Maryanna says:

I ve had it with red john and Mentalist will have to muddle through on its own without me watching they have taken a good show and turned it into a red john soap!!

• kirads09 says:

I guess have the complete opposite point of view. Perhaps in the minority. The Red John story is the one aspect keeps the Mentalist going for me and sets it apart. I really don’t know what could happen in the show (excep that it would cause it to end) when RJ is identified and captured or killed. Otherwise, it is just your average procedural with a quirky eccentric main character. Yawn, been there, done that. RJ has been Jane’s sole quest and motivation – to avenge the death of his family. Where exactly can the show go if that is over with? To me the “murder of the week” is fairly routine stuff (albeit it is always fun to see how Jane works and figures it out.)

One of my current running theories is that RJ isn’t one individual. It is made up of various people inside Visualize (started with Stiles himself, but others have since been assigned the role). My other theory is that Jane himself is RJ and suffering some sort of amnesia/displacement disorder. Time will tell.

• bobby says:

who’s to say red john is male? there was a new team member brought in when jane joined.
        and she does have red hair….. just a thought.

• kirads09 says:

Well, we can’t rule out anything or anybody where RJ is concerned. But Van Pelt? I really can’t imagine any circumstance where she is RJ. That would truly be a shocker. On the other hand, she did seem drawn to Stiles and Visualize.

• Emma says:

The whole reason the show exists is because of Red John. It’s the only reason Jane decided to come and be a consultant for the CBI. He wouldn’t even be there if Red John hadn’t killed his family. He’d still be ripping off people pretending he was a psychic.

• Mary Ann says:

Yes, that was the reason he started working with the CBI, but he has been there long enough now to realize he likes working with them, and he likes solving murder mysteries. We don’t need Red John anymore.

4. Scott says:

So Casey Wilson (Penny from Happy Endings) isn’t the mother then? #ohwell

5. Luke may have fallen to the dark side. I always knew he was more Sith than Jedi.

6. sladewilson says:

WOW. I mean, WOW. But really, a couple are serious re-treads. How many times can they revisit investigating Gibbs and his team? How many times is Kono going to be on the run from the police? PoI, Elementary, The Good Wife, Golden Boy (I’m rooting for a 2nd season for GB) all seem like killer enders. The Good Wife consistently brings it every year….

7. TJ says:

HIMYM summary: NO wedding, no mother. Go eff yourself HIMYM and CBS for giving them S9… Soo Not watching this show if they don’t introduce the mother.

• Sg. Grant says:

Yea, because just quitting the show right before the last season after investing 8 years into it is a great idea.

• adam says:

You realize the show is called ‘how i MET your mother’ not ‘how i met, dated, fell in love with, married and had kids with your mother’. why are people getting pissy about not seeing the mother before the end of the series. just enjoy the ride.

• Brendan says:

Oh so much THIS. I still can’t understand how worked up people get about this. The mother features into at most 1 in 4 of the episodes (really more like 1 in 6), it’s a through line that frames the storytelling, but has never been the focus of the show. Yet people freak out that this great show about 5 friends growing and maturing together isn’t doing something that they were clearly never going to do until the series finale.

• busy says:

are you really making this point? it’s called How I Met Your Mother, not How I Told My Kids Every Story About My Friends’ Lives In Their Early Thirties And I Just Happened to Meet Your Mother Along The Way. no. we’re here for the show itself, yes, but at a certain point, they have to live up to the title. if you got chicken and asked for tofu, wouldn’t you be a little upset? because that wasn’t what you were expecting? that’s exactly what this show has been doing for the last seven seasons, giving us the wrong meal over and over again because it’s easier for them. the show is a five-season show they’ve spanned into (now) nine seasons and at this point, fans complaining about not having met the mother are just tired. they came to this show over and over again and they continue to be disappointed.

• brutony says:

Actually, this show almost got whacked after 2 seasons, but designed for 3-4, but it got so popular in syndication that they’ve just gone on and on! I want to see the meeting, wooing, and falling in love with this beyatch, ONCE AND FOR ALL!

8. Martin says:

Bit weird having all the shows on every night spread out with their finales like for instance having HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls finales on one week and then the Rules Of Engagement and Mike And Molly and Hawaii 5-0 finales the next week, what do they plan to have the second week, have repeats lead-in to season finales, doesn’t make complete sense to me.

9. CC says:

Elementary! Can’t wait to see Sherlock and Irene Adler interact. :)

10. Linda says:

Kono on the run from police? Even though I said it when Mama McGarrett let Wo Fat escape that she was his mama too, please don’t let me be right.

• Huskygrl says:

I said that about Wo Fat as well, last season was “Steve meet your Mother” this season is “Steve meet your Brother” I betcha. Can’t decide how I feel about it though.

• That’s what we’ve been thinking here, too. That Wo Fat’s Steve’s brother, that’s why MamaGarrett let him escape. Easy to check if we look at spoilers from the original. But we’re trying not to. :P

• brutony says:

Everyones talking about how frustrated they are with HIMYM-what about 5-0? Its the same crap every week, and its gone WAY down from its first season, esp with all the Shelbourne crap! Wrap it up next season, kids, that way you’ll have 4 seasons so you can syndicate it-as if any station would be dumb enough to air them!

11. Karen says:

OMG THE ELEMENTARY SPOILER. Thanks for that… Cant wait!

12. The Mentalist has gone too far again with these Red John mysteries. Hope Red John’s identity will finally be revealed depending on how many more seasons it should take when the whole series is over.

13. Elyse says:

thanks for the spoilers! :)

14. forwarddad says:

Criminal Minds? Someone die?

15. Bethan says:

Victim seems a little vague for CM, does it mean someone gets hurt, dies or kidnapped or see a loved one die a la Reid? there are so many options. I hope the original cast get there negotiations sorted out so we know who is coming back or not :(

• Right??? I feel a little sick with that spoiler, though! NEED CONTRACT news asap!

• kirads09 says:

Hope it is not Reid!

• I would think not, since he’s already had such a huge storyline this season. I’m thinking probably not JJ, either, since last year’s two-hour finale was pretty much JJ-centric. Hoping hard it isn’t Rossi. I adore him!

• Angela says:

He’s supposed to be signed on through season 9, whenever that gets announced, so I imagine it won’t be him. I hope it’s NONE of the team members-honestly, if I were a family member/lover/friend of one of the team members I’d be a little bit nervous right about now :p. I have a feeling it might have to do with one of them somehow.

16. Cindy says:

Wow. Thanks for these. Love spoilers..

17. lll says:

Surprising allies on PO!? Finch and Reese already have Carter, Fusco, Zoe, Leon, Bear and Shaw so I assume some of them (or all of them) are coming back. I wonder if Root will be the surprising ally.

18. Jessica says:

I’ve been wondering when H5O was going to acknowledge the fact that Kono’s boyfriend’s brother secretly used her gun.

19. Mike says:

I predict that Penny asks Leonard to marry her so that he stays. They’ve been setting that up for awhile and my money is still on Red John being Jane.

20. Alice says:

Called it- Irene’s alive! Can’t wait to see how that pans out.

• alexjones says:

yeah, anyone else think that Irene could be Moriaty?

• Alice says:

Ooh that idea could be interesting…And with a gender-flipped Watson, I could see them going for the same route with Moriarty. Although Moran did refer to Moriarty as “he”. At the very least, perhaps they’ll go the same route as BBC’s Sherlock and have them working together, willingly or not.

• TVDIVA says:

Now that would really be a unique twist. But we all knew Irene was alive because the showrunners refused to say if we would ONLY see her in flashbacks. Glad she is around so we can see the interaction between her and Sherlock… and Watson.

• meredith says:

i glad that i’m not the only who thinks that

21. Pamela says:

Callen & Kensi has me excited.

22. Rose says:

“Mark Hamill guest stars”. Does this mean that Hamill is the Replicator?

23. alexjones says:

in regards to the H50 spoiler, does that mean Wo fat is going to end up in prison again at some point before the finale.

24. Little Red Charlette says:

I hope Leonard and Penny are thrown for a loop TOWARD each other.

• Little Red Charlette says:

Okay, I meant Sheldon and Penny. Leonard and Penny have been boring me with their non-chemistry for, lessee, 6 seasons now.

• Lacey says:

I agree that Leonard and Penny make a boring couple. I think they’re better as friends and I am rooting for a Penny/Sheldon connection.

• TVDIVA says:

Sheldon and Penny would be hilarious together. Can you imagine if they had a baby?

• Sarah says:

Sheldon and Amy are too adorable for each other so Penny fans, go away.

• cas says:

Agreed. Seriously Sheldon and Penny? People are so strange. Penny is the type of girl who needs some sexy time, Sheldon will probably never supply that. And I think Penny and Leonard are cute together.

• Janelle says:

Oh my. That is really disgusting. How could anyone entertain the idea of Sheldon being with anyone else? Sheldon and Amy are perfect for each other. They are cute and funny and I love Amy Farrah Fowler.

25. Sara says:

“The BAU’s pursuit of “The Replicator,” the UnSub that has been stalking the team all season, comes to a head when one of their own becomes a victim. Mark Hamill (Star Wars) guest stars.”

What? Who becomes a victim? Oh jebus.

26. AZ2013 says:

TBBT: I bet that Leonard will take this job, and Penny will pull a Topanga and propose to him to make him stay.

• Allen says:

Looks like you beat me to it, I didn’t see your post till after I posted mine (almost identical). I had forgotten about Topanga!

27. Tone LG says:

Very Cool that Golden Boy will have Michael MADSEN (with an E) as a guest star.

28. Eric says:

BBT needs to stop with every season finale sending one or more members of the gang away for a job. In season three (I think; could’ve been season two) they all went to the Arctic; in season five, Howard went to outer space. This year, Leonard is (possibly) going overseas. It’s getting slightly overdone.

And the Rules of Engagement season finale certainly sounds like it could be a series finale.

29. Spoiler Junkie says:

Regarding POI, I am pretty certain that Shaw is one of their (Harold and Reese’s) allies. The really surprising thing would be if Root also joined them to help save the Machine. Imagine these foes working together (for the sake of the Machine). Just gold.

30. JenM says:

Rules of Engagement surprise?…Audrey is pregnant…

• RJ says:

LOL! I hope so. I love, love, love Rules of Engagement. Love all of the cast.

• dude says:

yes that would shock him i would love it would be cool if its a series finale though always imagined the series finale being Jen and Adam getting married but whatever cbs has never given this show real respect

31. Kate says:

Can’t we ever have a H50 finale that doesn’t leave Kono in jeopardy? I hate not knowing if she’s coming back.

• brutony says:

Yeah, what with that? Is she up for renewal every season, or what? And can they examine each character more than a minute a week?

32. cary’s unlikely source will either be plimpton

33. Alicia L. says:

Why is that NCIS’s finale once again doesn’t have me as interested as NCIS LA’s?

As for Criminal Minds I wouldn’t be surprised if the victim is Kevin or Strauss and the BAU team is untouched except for emotionally.

• Because NCIS:LA is better than NCIS! ;)

I don’t think the replicator was stalking either Kevin or Strauss, but maybe he could get rid of them to affect Garcia or Rossi (is he still sleeping with her?)?

34. Janice says:

Sheldon and Amy should have coitus, seriously!

• OMG, NO! That’s gross! (For them, obviously!)

• peri says:

Finally! Someone agrees with the plot I have in mind :) But I would want Amy and Sheldon to share a kiss as long as it is initiated by Sheldon, just like the hand-holding.

• Mel says:

Thursday’s episode was hilarious! Amy was so “titillated” when Sheldon was putting on the vapo rub, bathing her and spanking her, all without a clue. So funny. Don’t know if I am quite ready for coitus just yet, I just love “Shamy!”

35. Sassa says:

Reblogged this on Sarah and commented:
    THIS IS EPIC!!!!

36. Allen says:

So here’s my prediction for Big Bang: Leonard agrees to take the job opportunity overseas. But remember a while back, when Leonard told Penny that if she finally decided she was ready to get married, *she* would have to propose to *him*? There’s your final scene, fade to black, “to be continued.”

37. Archie says:

My problem with HIMYM isn’t that they didn’t show the mother – it’s that they have tired storylines that mess with characterization and go and up with Robin’s character especially. I watch for the characters because I feel invested in 5 of them but for the last 2-3 seasons I’ve found Lily hard to watch, Ted to be a guy who doesn’t know his mind, Marshall woefully under-utilised, and storylines with Robin and Barney dragged. I think if we know that this is the ninth season (and I read somewhere that the Barney-Robin marriage definitely happens) – I would love to see Barney and Robin adjusting to married life, as Ted finally decides on what he wants to do with his life, and Lily & Marshall find some stability in terms of jobs and home. End with all of them truly grown up and going forward in life.