Exclusive

Sons of Anarchy Exclusive: Look Who's Back!

sons of anarchy season 6 spoilers wendy returnsAs if Tara’s prison ordeal weren’t enough for her and Jax to contend with on Sons of Anarchy, one of the embattled couple’s longtime adversaries will be back in their crosshairs in Season 6.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Season 6 Spoilers: Scoop on SAMCRO’s ‘Most Dangerous’ Foe and a Pair of New Faces

TVLine has learned exclusively that Drea de Matteo has signed on to reprise her role as Jax’s presumably-steamed ex (and baby momma) Wendy for multiple episodes.

When last seen, Jax cruelly injected the former junkie with heroin as a way of undermining her credibility after she threatened to string up his dirty laundry all over the Charming police department.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Exclusive: Jimmy Smits Returning Full-Time

While Wendy’s return doesn’t bode well for Jax and now-incarcerated Tara, it could prove to be in the best interest of little Abel and Thomas. As series creator Kurt Sutter recently pointed out to TVLine, “The most f—ed-up person at the beginning of the show is now, in a weird way, the healthiest parent.

“She’s the only one that’s hit bottom and had to do some work on herself,” he continued. “And now she has some self-awareness, which none of those guys do.”

Sons of Anarchy‘s sixth season bows this fall on FX.

1. Ari says:

I’m kind of over Wendy popping up all the time. What can I say?

• ASHLEY says:

WHILE TARA’S AWAY…… WENDY WILL DO SOME DAMAGE CONTROL AND MAKE JAX’S LIFE A LIVING HELL! GEMMA AND WENDY WILL GO AT I SMELL ANOTHER BITCH FIGHT! LOL.

• Ivy Marion Meeuwisse says:

Agreed!!!!!

• This is off topic but I just have to say, the show saw it’s end when they killed off one of the best co star in the entire show, Opie. I would have rather much preferred Juice or even Trager to be the one’s that got killed off instead of Ope.

• vanessa says:

juice can go nowhere!!!!!!

• Kayleena says:

Opie had to die. Don’t get me wrong…I love Ope. He’s my favorite character on the show but, it was in fact a way for the characters in the prison to grow. It makes Jax a stronger character because he had to deal with the loss of his best friend. I’m sure that the decision to kill off Ryan Hurst’s character was a very difficult one but it was something they had to do to make for a better story.

• BigBlue2289 says:

I agree he had to die, I loved the Ope character but if they did not kill him off epically when they had the chance pretty soon that character would have ran out of storylines, he lost his wife, dad, and identity so it was time.

• hell spawn says:

The show is bassed on the like of an organized biker gang, simmiler to the angels, in all actuality noone is really safe not even jax if ya want to keep the show on a realistic path. Other than that it would be just another Tv drama. People die so others can step up. Sucks that Opie is gone but hey that’s just the way it ism

• Kaci Brennan says:

Opie had to die and his character knew it. His kids are better off without him and now have a chance at a life far away from the club. And the significance of him dying in jail for the club is the ultimate sacrifice. His entire life and everything he loved was handed to the club and it was the most respectful and loving act of loyalty.

• Unknown says:

It is not based on the hells angels, it is a fictional tv show. This country needs to stop thinking that it is based in real life, it’s not. Stop stating facts that are not true.

• andrea says:

hey unknown, yes it is based on true stuff. want otto back! hey Christmas is coming! bikers of Christmas past. lol.

• Psychopachik says:

She is the best choice for mom right now. I agree with Kurt Sutter on that point, however, the bitch is still a threat to the club. I hope Gemma stomps a mud hole in her ass.

• Psychopachik says:

P.S.Don’t get me wrong Drea de Matteo is a fantastic person and a great actress I just hate her character she’s just that good :)P

• Joe says:

All I know is Tara is sexy as hell and I cant wait to see her in the prison scenes! Lol

2. jhanse says:

I’m glad. Always liked her and they have kept the character fresh imo by transforming her each season just a little bit.

3. Mariana says:

We already knew this (it’s been known she signed for more than the episodes she appeared in season 5) but I’m glad it’s officially been confirmed. I freaking love Wendy and has all the right in the world to ask for sole custody of Abel. I think this means more trouble for Gemma than Tara, though. Can’t wait.

• Mari says:

I don’t like Wendy and I completely disagree with your comment Mariana. Wendy is a low life mother that doesn’t deserve any right to her son because she hasn’t been in her life. She gave up the right to be called ‘Mom’ when she decided to be a junkie while pregnant.

• Mariana says:

“Low life mother” W O W. I’m not denying that her past is awful. What she did to Abel when she was pregnant with him is totally inexcusable. But you know what? She was also very remorseful about it. She knew she was in an awful place to be a “mom” so that’s why she left and CLEANED HERSELF UP. TO BE A BETTER PARENT. You are blind if you can’t realize that Jax, Gemma (nor Saint Tara, as people like to see her) are good for those kids. Sure, they love them deeply but the biker life has proven to be extremely dangerous for them right now.

• Guy says:

hahahah, no one is that serious about a comment unless she was a junkie her self, hahahaha

• old lady says:

One tara wants out of the club just as bad as anyone she also very much wants whats best for her babies from the beginning saint tara as you like to put it has never overdosed with her baby Thomas and has always thought about whats best for the kids hint why she wouldn’t let gemma see them she knew she was unstable WENDY is a ex junkie she could go right back to being that neglectful mother she was when she almost killed abel. remorseful or not she has gotta go.. I say kick her ass gemma and send that bitch packing.

• Olivia says:

Just wanted to point out, no one wakes up one day and decides to be a junkie. Yes, she put Abel’s life in danger. Yes, she missed the first few years of his life. But she got clean, got an education, and now helps other addicts. There were so many awful things Jax did this season, but injecting Wendy with heroin was unbelievable on so many levels. You can’t judge a person simply by one act, no matter how awful it is. I am a huge Jax & Tara fan and don’t want Wendy involved there, but the more positive loving people a child has in his/her life the better. And Jax’s kids need it more than most.

• jerzygirl45 says:

Wendy’s been clean and sober for a long time now. I love SOA and the boys and Tara and Gemma, but realistically Wendy is way more stable. And there’s less chance of the kid getting in the middle of a shootout. Just saying.

• she gave up her rights as a mom because she was a drug addict and she knew she was no good to her child. if anything, that makes her a great parent for finally doing the right thing and putting aside what she wants for the good of her child. she got herself cleaned up and has been on track after making a lot of bad choices. she’s a better parent than jax and gemma now that’s for sure.

• BigMammasHouse says:

jUST a show…relax

• skippy says:

Every mother deserves a second chance. We all make big mistakes in our lives. It is important that we learn from them and do it right next time. I hope that Wendy gets the chance to do things right now.

4. Elly says:

We all know the end game is Wendy getting killed to ensure Abel will always be Tara/Gemma/Jax’s. But that said, Drea De Matteo is a great actress and watching her for the duration of the ride will be great.

• Anyone remember the ignominuous end of Adrianna on “Sopranos”? Good to see her back and
      playing the woman you can take seriously.. Also she is the
      daughter in law of country singer Waylon Jennings and has two children of her own..

5. Whatever says:

I’m just ready for the NEW Season of SOA to start !

6. Whatever says:

Anybody know when the New Season Starts ?

7. angelwings says:

I am beyond being over Wendy. Her character is completely useless and is a very tired plot device to cause trouble for Jax and/or Tara.

Junkie whore birth mother or not, it is the fact that she chose to abandon Abel for three years without even so much as a phone call to check on him, and she was stone cold sober the entire time. So no, she doesnt deserve another cgsnce with the child.

And truthfully, Jax is the only parent/parent figure that has always protected Abel and the only one who has always been there for him.

Sutter needs to quit recycling storylines (Wendy, Tara’s seasonal ‘I am leaving’ arch) and do something different.

• lisa says:

I wasn’t even going to comment but everything angel wings just said is so ludicrous I had to. Have you ever actually watched soa? Bc if you have then you know full well that jax has not protected those children. Sure, thankfully, they haven’t been killed but that wasn’t bc jax is parent of the year. He (and tara, who I love just as much as Wendy as a character) allowed them to be kidnapped and taken to another country where they could of easily been killed as collaterall. The samcro life is not a safe one for his children and both jax and Tara admitted last season that they were puting their children in jeopardy. I think at this point in the shows run, whatever her past sins, Wendy is the most fit to be a parent to those kids.

• angelwings says:

lisa yes I have watched SOA from the beginning but I wonder if you have because it was clear that Jax had nothing to do with Abel being kidnapped. Tara was there and did not attempt to stop it and of course Wendy had abandoned Abel so she was nowhere to be found.

Wendy gave up her right to be a mother to Abel a very long time ago. Luckily she is nothing more than a plot device so hopefully seadon 6 will finally be the one where she is killed off.

And yes, Jax does do everything he can to protect his children and he is the only one who had proven that he would give his own life to do so.

• Fran says:

NONE of them are good parents- Jax doesn’t get a pass. If he really wanted to protect his children he would get out of the club entirely. Just being there will always cause a threat to this children. You can think what you want about Wendy and Tara but don’t act like Jax is so special.

• secondly, jax did have something to do with abel getting kidnapped because he is in a gang. if he left charming, abel wouldn’t have been kidnapped and half sack wouldn’t have been killed. tara was in shock and scared for her life. if she moved, the irish guy would have killed her and the baby. obviously, wendy is risking her life by trying to save those children. she went to jax and threatened him even when she knows he’s dangerous and when he injected her with speed, she still went to tara and demanded that she take the kids out of charming. she’s willing to risk her life for the safety of those children– one of which aren’t even hers! so obviously, she is a better parent than jax. if jax was a good parent, he would have taken abel out of charming with his other kid and tara as soon as he got abel back and never looked back. but he decided to join the club back in charming and become president as well as deal with the cartel! at least wendy learned from her bad choices and mistakes. jax keeps making bigger ones!

• Ashley Dawn says:

i never comment on blogs about anything but i couldnt help myself on this one i just want to remind yall about some things everyone keeps forgetting which 1)first of all if it werent for tara abel would be dead 2) second no one ever allows their child to be kidnapped 3)third there was nothing tara could have done to prevent it and cammy hayes had killed half sack for trying to protect abel 4) fourth is jax was willing to let that irish couple keep abel to protect him from “the life” and look what happened (unlike wendy who never tried to reach out to the son she almost killed she also never did a damn thing to protect him she only wants him so tara cant have him and abel would be her ticket to getting back jax like she stated in season one she wants her family and to be the girl jax fell in love with again) 5) the fifth and most important jax is doing everything in his power to get samcro out of all outlaw sh** trying to make them clean so he can create a better life for his family tara abel and thomas but apparently no one gives a sh** about that i mean seriously in one season he got rid of the ira the cartel pope and the posionous clay who will kill anyone who gets in the way of getting what he wants including j.t lowle donna piney ope tara .as well as finding samcro honest legal ways of making money ooooo and reason number 6) six jax tried getting himself tara and THEIR boys out but the CIA (cartel) forcsed him to stay

• Brandon weekly says:

Thank you Ashley! Very well written and explained. You definitely know your SoA.

• Ashley, you know your SOA! I have watched these seasons so many times I damn near know them by heart! Your absolutely right! We all know its fiction, but you can’t help getting involved with this awesome show like this one! Jax has tried way and far beyond all he can do to try and get on the good side of things, but keeps getting hammered by everything under the sun, especially with the CIA. Is there anybody out there that thinks Clay had everything to do with the past and current situations! Damn right he is and Jax will keep trying to do what he has to do, to make things right! He’s trying to go legit, even in a not so glamorous way, but at least trying! He wants to leave a legacy that his real father, J. T. built! He does not want to see his club die! Dedicated to his love for the club! Awesome!

• Barbie says:

Wow!! Get a Life! angelwings

• first of all, how do you know she never called? maybe she did but jax ignored her and refused to let her back into the child’s life. even if she didn’t, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t love her kids. maybe she wasn’t ready to face the child she abandoned or maybe she was waiting until she was ready. even if jax can protect abel, he still manages to put him in so much harms way. just by staying in charming, he’s gotten into a serious car accident and tara was almost kidnapped and killed three times so that’s saying something about his protecting abilities. wendy is better for the kids now than jax and tara because they remain in the gang life while wendy wants out and a better life for her kid, away from all of the violence.

• cindy k says:

i wonder if any real person out there who was at any time in Wendy’s situation, and their life went as Wendy’s has, would not try to reclaim their children!!!! If we must dissect the show as if it was real life, then put yourself in Wendy’s shoes as if they were they real life, make yourself Wendy, and then ask if you would not fight to get your child back!!!!!!!!!!

8. Paul says:

Booooring. Can’t stand this storyline.

9. margaret says:

I find it funny that people are arguing over FICTIONAL characters… how about we just enjoy the damn show.. without ALL the cast members & the story line surrounding them this show would be boring ! Enjoy

• jerzygirl45 says:

margaret: you make complete sense. You must be new to the internet ;-) It is funny how everybody gets so passionate about their shows.

• margaret says:

Nope I’m not new. LOL I get just as passionate but I know they are not real people so I don’t feel the need to bash fictional characters or bash other people. I just think everyone should just enjoy the show. :)

• Fran says:

Uh, we’re aware that the characters are fictional. It’s fun to dissect a show. Isn’t that why people comment on these posts? It would be boring if everyone agreed with the way a show goes. Sure some people take it too far but I don’t really see that here.

• Melissa says:

Thank you Margaret. I was thinking the same thing!

10. I love SOA and I can’t wait for it to start I love all the drama and wendys going to cause drama :) but all in all its a tv programme.

11. Karen says:

Well that is disappointing. I am quite bored with Wendy story. Something about the character is irksome And repetitive. I would much rather see any screen time that is wasted or her be given to either Chibs or Tig.

Unfortunately Wendy was the last character I wanted to see in the final 2 seasons.

12. kristi says:

I think Jax is going to start sleeping with Wendy and Tara is history. I knew when i started watching season 1 that this was to good to end good. It is like when your watching a awesome movie and then at the ending your like that was a f**ked up ending. Ruined it!

13. I can’t say I didn’t see this coming..

14. Mina says:

Take the children and run, Wendy

• sweetash says:

Except she could only take one kid and run since taking the other would be kidnapping.

• Both kids would be kidnapping, because Tara is the mother, not Wendy! If she did that, Wendy would be putting herself and the children in harms way! Tara will be out of the clink before u know it, and things might get worse for them little ones! Those kids don’t know Wendy! Do u think its right to take a child from its mom and dads home just because you think its bad for the kids? Common sense would be an asset here for all of them, but it is a tv show and we have to give our opinions! These writers are off the hook!

15. Latingurl29 says:

New season starts September 11, 2013 I so can’t wait

• Latingurl29 says:

Wrong date dame

• In other recent SOA news, it was recently announced that actress Drea de Matteo (Wendy) will be returning for a multiple episode story arc. Jax’s (Charlie Hunnam) ex-wife – who is also the mother to both Abel and Thomas – could put the SAMCRO leader’s livelihood in major turmoil, according to TVLine,

Sons of Anarchy is set to premiere its sixth season on Sept. 11 at 10/9c on the FX network. Be sure to check back for more of the latest details on the gritty TV series.

16. megan says:

New season won’t be announced until late summer, so yeah stop spreading the wrong information, latingurl. This same exact thing happened last season.

I could care less about Wendy. I feel she brings nothing else to the table, so why bother? But whatever. This show hasn’t been good in quite some time, IMO.

17. Crzycnck says:

Group hug!!!

18. Bikerdaughter says:

I think Jax is a fit parent. He is doing what he has to. I would rather my children be with a biker than a drug addict. If I had to choose!

19. cj says:

I don’t like Tara. I actually think she Drea should take the kids, Jax has decided to stay and that puts them in harm’s way. He chose club over family and stopped working on a way out.

20. Olivia says:

I read somewhere, maybe on this site, that Jax realizes this season, he can’t get away from the club. Instead he decides to stop all the illegal activities. Just guessing, but I could see Jax & Tara breaking up this season, but getting back together in the last season.
    If anyone has read the posts on the SOA page on the FX site, you’ll know all the inappropriate/snarky/rude comments on this site are child’s play compared to some of their threads.

21. cas says:

I am not a Wendy fan, I am more of a Tara fan, but maybe Wendy being around will remind Jax of what an ahole he has become. I doubt it but at least she will add some drama and since I am sure Tara will be locked up for a while, they need to create drama somewhere. At this point, I bet Tara wanted Wendy to stick around because of everything that happened.

22. Randi says:

Crazy to see that some people say this show isn’t interesting?! I felt like its been action packed and crazy things happened every episode last season! Can’t wait for this season to start!! Love SOA

23. i like wendy now. i used to want her gone but she’s the only level headed and sane one! i hope she makes it out alive with the kids out of charming!

24. TommyBoy says:

@Angelwings: part of the reason Half-Sack was killed was over a disagreement with the production staff. He died IRL not long after his part in the show was over. He had developed a drug problem, been through a tough breakup and was mentally unstable thanks to these problems. Sad to see a potentially brilliant character and actor go, but things don’t always work out.

25. Laura says:

I want Wendy dead. Hope it happens within 3 weeks of new season. I think Gemma will do the deed. Go back to first season, Wendy in hospital bed, Gemma grabs her neck and says, ” Abel will never call you mother”. Also Gemma says, and I paraphrase, ” If you ever cast a shadow on that boy I will finish this job”. I think Gemma will give here a hot shot right in Wendy’s favorite vein. I want nothing to interfere with Jax and his job bring the club into legitimacy. As for Tara, she put herself in this situation. Why did she bring Otto the cross? What was she thinking, Otto is in prison! Another problem for Jax to untangle. As far as I am concerned Jax can do no wrong, He’s strong, cunning, soft hearted, intelligent, what can I say, he’s my fav. Can’t wait for new season..

26. Haley says:

I LOVE Wendy!!! I was always pulling for her & jax to get back together.. But obviously that’s out of the picture. I can’t wait for season 6. Absolutely my all time favorite show!

27. andrea says:

I do not care what every one thinks! I just want to know when it starts again. I love all the characters!!! carry on.

28. Cookie says:

A lot of ppl seem to forget one important thing. This is a tv show!!!! I love S.O.A. but it’s not real. Some of the comments on here are.nuts.

29. Gary says:

This is awesome . I’m so glad Wendy is coming back .Drea de Matteo brings good acting to the show shes amazing hope they will write her something interesting .

30. Em says:

Not to fuel the fire or anything but all these comments and controversy that you are all discussing, are exactly the reasons Sutter is keeping Wendy and (recycling her character). DRAMA = RATINGS. Period. Either you love Wendy and the whole parent/junkie/clean act thing or you hate it. Either way, we all still watch whether we like it or not because curiosity killed the cat. That said, I do not like Wendy, she is too much of a wild card with Jax and Tara and the kids and I do not like an unstable family environment, especially where kids are concerned. Getting off my soapbox now… ;-)

31. katrina says:

I wish they could just start new season. Also opie was a good character and i wish he could have stayed but then jax wouldnt have taken the path he has so i guess its all good. Jemma will end Wendy but remember Tara gave Wendy custody of boys should something happen.! The paperwork they signed in Tara’s office and Tara said she would make jax understand…

32. suzyjak says:

“Vikings” is an excellent surrogate ’til the sons return!
    And it doesn’t hurt that Travis Fimmel looks an awful lot like Charlie Hunnam.

33. Jarrett says:

Kill her

34. greg a carney says:

If this were a serio-comedy I’d say ,we are having fun now . It is high drama ,so I am saying hurry September I cannot wait to get on with the drama high . Only S.O.A. does it all . Wendy ,in the long run , will be a none factor , a fill , so I’ll forever more dub her “Mendy” as in mending a whole where the Sons come in . Spontaneous funbustion at it’s best . Hoping Samcro like Tara and Jax will never die .

35. greg a carney says:

And poor Opie has anyone seen Opie besides Andy of Doodleberry?

36. Shannon says:

Help!!! Didn’t get to se e season five yet but have been trying to play catch up best I can….does anyone know if they will play reruns before the release of season six and if so when???????? I’m desperate!! Also I can’t do net flic and internet videos…so I’m hoping for fx reruns!!

37. rhonda says:

Killing off Opie was not Sutter’s brihghtest moment, but i’m liking Wendy. Tara makes me wanna gag. Hopefully she can put Gemma back in the box

38. Trav says:

Tara is smokin….hot….sexy as……i wish Gemma would come unstuck….i want Tara to show Jax what shes realy like.

39. Thomas says:

I’m tired of the children’s plot in general. It’s distracting, replayed, tired and boring. I can’t stand the characters of Wendy or Gemma and think they detract too much from the story line following samcro.. I’m ready to see progression with the MC not this stagnant old story of the custody battle.

40. Brandon weekly says:

Will Tig get bit or hot in the ass again? Or maybe we might lose Juice? Might see him pull something drastic to prove his dedication for the club? Will Jax finally put one in Clays head? Will Gemma’s new man die too? Aaaahhhh can’t wait. ‘

41. raimeilla says:

Wow, the emotion on this thread of comments is hilarious! Do you people realize your arguing over fictional characters? I mean the high strung emotion you guys write on this thread about these fictional characters are over the top! Enjoy the show and others opinions.

42. will says:

Op’s brother appears in season 6…played by Adam Levine

43. MamaJ.. says:

Ummm just wondering if anyone is wondering what will happen to Gemma when Jax finds out she “tipped off” the Tara situation? And Shannon ^^ I watched season 5 on movie2k (under all tv shows) thank god.. Because I was just recently turned on to this wonderful show… And Charlie Hunnam.. Mmmmmmm!!!!

44. AeeGee says:

Started watching SOA a couple of months back. WOW!! great show, fantastic actors. Gemma is the strongest love to hate character I have ever seen, this woman is absolutely horrible. Can’t wait for season 6.

45. Fatnutz90 says:

I love sons of anarchy but some of the people on here take it to the extreme as if its real life. c’mon people its a tv show, wake up ahahahaha

46. Melinda says:

I like how everyone is talking trash oh Wendy saying she is a low life junkie and blah blah. First, it is possible for people to become sober and better. Second how do you find Jax being better when he is the one selling drugs and guns and being around porn stars and always having gang wars and just straight killing people. OOO and Gemma is better too right. Really..wasn’t she the one who put Able in the hospital for driving high. Anyways can’t wait for the show to start. :)

47. logan says:

i would do anything for my family…kill who ever and make money to support them however…if you wouldn’t go to the ends for your family. then perhaps you dont love them enough. So jax injecting wendy it whatever in my eyes i would do the same thing.. besides jax is just buying time for his family he knows what he is doing is wrong, and hes trying to get out. so hes going to do whatever he needs to do to get him and his family out alive..and together. sorry about the spelling and grammar. English not my strong suit.

48. amber rose says:

I have had a blast reading these comments. I love SOA but tara isnt a saint anymore she is officially living up to the job and gemma taught her well. Wendy is one of those characters the show wants you to hate cause shes the outsider and we all love the jax/tara love story but what does the club normally do when it comes across a problem? They will probably kill her off and it will be easy to stage make her look like she over dosed. I will always love SOA but i do miss how the show use to be the club fighting for what they believe in as a club and they had each others back season 4 kinda took it down the road of not being able to trust each other of have that family bond they are ripping each other apart.I hope season 6 brings the family/club love back but as for defending the fictional characters of good parenting wendy knew not to reach out they would kill her gemma warned her of that but she waited til the club was in a bad position and she has a chance maybe. Jax tried leaving but the CIA stopped that and tara agreed to stay he said leave with our boys but people are saying wendy take both kids only abel is hers and legally she couldn’t tara was given custody. But instead of arguing about it we all have our own opinions and we are just gonna have to wait. And Opie had to die, he wanted clay dead and clay is needed for the story there just isnt enough plot time for opie and everything else and the poor boy had to be miserable his family was killed by the club but i think i heard somewhere that the opie character was supposed to be killed off in season one but Sutter wanted that friendship bond to grow with the show

49. jordan says:

why does everyone keep saying wendy is thomas’s mother too shes only abels mother. she cant take both kids only 1 is hers and splitting them up is not cool either

50. lupe says:

Hi Everyone
    I just finished watching all the seasons of SOA and I love it…. One question when does the new season is going to start?