Exclusive

Hell on Wheels Exclusive: Jennifer Ferrin Joining Season 3 as Series Regular

Hell on Wheels Casts Jennifer Ferrin Season 3Jennifer Ferrin, who’s currently pursuing Kevin Bacon on The Following, is joining the third season of Hell on Wheels as a series regular, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actress will play Louise Ellison, a smart, witty and flirtatious journalist hired by the New York Sun to cover the “story of the century” — the building of the Transcontinental Railroad. Louise  imbues her work with an element of human emotion as well as thorough, blunt, truthful fact-finding. She is strong and independent and demands to be treated with the same respect that any man in her position would be given.

PHOTOS | 13 Plot Twists We Wish Were April Fool’s Jokes

The gig reunites Ferrin with her former Cape EP John Wirth, who was recently named Wheels‘ new showrunner.

In addition to The Following and The Cape, Ferrin’s resume includes stints on CBS’ late soap As the World Turns and ABC’s Life on Mars.

AMC’s period Western is slated to kick off its 10-episode third season this summer.

1. George says:

I’m happy to see this talented actress finally start landing quite a bit of work the past couple years. She was FANTASTIC on ATWT, and when she left I thought she’d start landing parts left and right. It took a little while, but she’s finally starting to land a steady amount of gigs.

2. Pamela says:

I REALLY, REALLY hope Dominique McElligott comes back.

• M3rc Nate says:

I loved her and am such a huge fan of her as an actress now, but isnt her character as dead as can be? How could she come back?

Lol i swear…this show, as much as i love the women…that Anson Mount as Cullen…id say my biggest man crush, tied with Jason Momoa in Game of Thrones. The manlyness…the facial hair…the badass-ery….the head hair….so awesome. Cant wait for more Hell on Wheels.

Im shocked TVline, that you didnt make a article about last nights Psych…i dont think anyone saw the ending coming and its a HUGE milestone for the show. Would have loved an article on it with a interview with Maggie Lawson and Roday regarding the huge shocker.

• John Fogarty says:

DITTO DITTO & DOUBLE-DITTO!@!

3. I’m really curious to see what they do with the show after the way things ended last season.

• wordsmith says:

Agreed. It was a GREAT finale, but given how it ended, I have no idea what the show will be this season.

• That ending explains why the original creators left. They told the story they wanted to tell, I guess. Now it’s a matter of seeing what kind of story the new show runner wants to tell in this world and whether or not it’ll be as compelling.

• John Fogarty says:

Safe bet the Swede will “resurrect” from his watery grave, his demise being left entirely up in the air. Last we saw, the mighty Nordic gravedigger was floating downstream, like a Viking boat waiting to be fired.

4. Maria says:

Oh thank you for the implicit spoiler: it definitely means that she’ll be dead on The Following soon.

5. Teag says:

She’s the past girlfriend of Ryan Hardy right?

6. Julia says:

I’m so happy she has found success after ATWT. Can’t wait to see her in the third season

7. BobbieO says:

Jennifer Ferrin can easily be in both shows. Just like Natalie Zea – who plays Claire Mathews in The Following and Winona Hawkins in Justified. Enjoying the roles both ladies are playing.

8. chatity says:

No Lily Bell, No me watching HOW bout that

9. Diane ferrin says:

Excited to see hell on wheels & Jennifer to!

10. Jenny says:

Whoopdy doo
    She’s no lily bell
    If Lily ain’t back then I could care less
    There’s no replacing her

• Rosalee says:

I am almost there myself……………when they killed her I thought ‘okay why would I care watching him take over the railroad project, ie getting it built??
      No interest at all

• Bruce says:

I was not happy when Lily was killed off. I just finished watching season 2 on netflix. I may not watch the show again when it is available on netflix next year with season 3.

11. Rosalee says:

I just want Lily back…………….I am not interested in introducing another love interest for Cullen………he was fine with Lily
    If she is not brought back, I hope Cullen finds out that it was the Swede who killed her

• John Fogarty says:

Oh, he did find out. That’s why he was leading him down the RR bridge, to hang him over the side. But the cunning codfish-eater leapt from his would be gallows and plummeted into the fast-moving stream below, ostensible “dead”. . . .
      . . . don’t bet on it. Der Svede vill be bock, jah. Ass nassty ass effer, jah.

12. Veronica says:

Swell. Now they can kill her off the minute that Cullen connects with her. Three times the charm for recylcling THAT particular plot.

13. sandy says:

i also want to see lily come bk, her and cullen had such chemistry, i won’t watch if she is really gone and have never missed an episode

14. tim camden says:

all we have is dreams, flashbacks and memories….of our poor lilly…….. sadly. R.I.P.

15. nellywelly says:

Why is it on at 6 am? I’m sure the followers all recording it like myself! Is it true that they lost some of their original creators? I accidently stumbled onto this series on Netflicks. It’s our favorite show, that and Longmire! However, Hell on Wheels IS much better! I can see how people of other nationalities would be really offended in our society today but this is who the old west was! It’s a very authentic show of the old west era. I’m sure that’s the reason that it never made it to prime time and on the 3 major networks. It sure is a great show!

16. johnbianitello says:

WHY kill lily off?? I HATE the Swede and I HATE Durant!!!

17. john ianitello says:

WHY kill off Lilly???? I HATE Durant and I HATE the SWEDE!!!!

18. Pam Thompson says:

No Lilly = Much lower viewer numbers. The writers could easily put a plot together that
    had Ruth discovering her still alive, hiding her, and getting her out of town. Cullen could
    have discovered he buried a coffin with someone else inside……….Just a thought………….

She is missed and I have had a significant withdrawal of enthusiasm for the show.

19. Ed says:

As alluded to so often, the “killing-off” of Lily was as rude-to-the-audience as it gets in series-decision-making. She actually upstaged the rest of the supporting cast in acting ability as well as in character development. Okay, the “Swede” was exceptionally well-done in the despicable-villain-developing department.

I watched the opening episode of season 3 and, just as expected, I now have utter contempt for the show and now notice all the aspects of the show that I had previously tolerated in season one and two.

Most notably: “The Chin.” Is anyone not good and sick n’ tired of looking at that, and on a particularly unlikable character, on top of it all. Then, of course, every other line with “common”‘s scenes in the new season, is obviously going to be with that tedious, drippingly over-the-top, “racial-theme” “thing.”

The charismatic, enormously likable lily dies, and “The Chin” lives! Huh!? What does the producers have against us?

That’s it for me. I’m un-DVRing the rest of “Hell On Wheels,” season 3. They ruined a rare, good western (the “Deadwood” legacy has nothing to fear). The producers of the ruined “Hell On Wheels” aren’t worthy of employment.