Boardwalk Empire Adds Patricia Arquette

Get More: Casting News

MediumPatricia Arquette has reason to raise a (contraband) glass: She’s nabbed a major recurring role in Boardwalk Empire‘s upcoming Season 4.

The Medium star will play Sally Wheet, the tough owner of a Tampa speakeasy who’s connected to local gangsters. Arquette’s role is a meaty one opposite series star Steve Buscemi, according to our sister site Deadline, which first reported the story.

RELATEDBoardwalk Empire Season 4 Spoilers – Terence Winter Answers Burning Questions

Earlier this year, the HBO series added Ron Livingston (Sex and the City), Domenick Lombardozzi (Boardwalk Kings), Brian Geraghty (The Hurt Locker) and Jeffrey Wright (Source Code) for the upcoming season.

Arquette had a guest turn as a call girl on Law & Order: SVU in December; Boardwalk will be her first major TV role since Medium wrapped in 2011.

Comments (22)

• Ron Livingston has done more known things and better things than his arc on Sex And The City. Rather use Band of Brothers? Have some repect for the actor.

Comment by RibaMc – April 11, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt Ron would mind. He did recur on SatC. Not seeing the problem here.

Comment by Steven – April 11, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, like his Keyboard Cat spoof! Seriously, you must look that up on youtube for a good laugh.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 12, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I think I mostly associate him with Office Space.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 12, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not actors I would have expected to turn up on this show, but definitely interested to see what happens…

Comment by wordsmith – April 11, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, good for her. I miss Medium.

Comment by No one – April 11, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …said no one, ever.

Comment by Eddie G – April 11, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Said me, just this morning.

Comment by CountryQueen – April 11, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And me. One of the best, most unappreciated shows ever.

Comment by Liz985 – April 11, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahaha. What a funny, clever, and not overused reply at all. Screw you, Eddie.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 12, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually liked Medium. You just couldn’t take it too seriously.

Comment by Steven – April 11, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked it, too. So I guess Eddie is outnumbered here!

Comment by MediumFansRevoltAgainstEddieHa – April 11, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I liked her in nightmare on elm street 3 ! Hey, Remember when medium was relevant guys??

Comment by Eddie G – April 11, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Loved Medium…until the series finale. Haven’t been able to rewatch an episode since. Seasons 3-4 in particular were pure magic though!

Comment by GM – April 11, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This series finale was pretty rough. I was not happy where they took the show in that last episode. So devastating. I also wasn’t thrilled about the recasting of Ryan Hurst’s character with David Arquette, but whatever, maybe Ryan was just too busy with Sons of Anarchy at that time. I think Medium might be in my top 3 favorite crime dramas though. On the surface, the premise sounded silly, but they really handled the show well and made it quite believable and heartfelt.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 12, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was fantastic in her guest star spot on SVU.

Comment by TT – April 11, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? I am really pulling for her to get an Emmy nomination out of that.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 12, 2013 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Add my name to those who really liked Medium. And she was awesome in her SVU guest spot. I just cut the cord to HBO however so I’ll have to wait for the video.

Comment by Linderella – April 11, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Medium!

Comment by RG – April 12, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you mean Breakout Kings, not Boardwalk Kings. (:

Comment by Casey – April 12, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I approve of this totally awesome casting decision.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 12, 2013 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this season is going to be amazing!! So many great guest stars! I can’t even wait!!

Comment by baglesvswaffles – April 13, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post