NCIS Scoop: Dexter's Colin Hanks Lands 'Truly Memorable' Season-Ending Arc

NCIS Cast Colin HanksDexter‘s Colin Hanks has scored a killer arc on NCIS, TVLine has confirmed.

The actor will appear in this season’s final two episodes (May 7 and May 14) as Department of Defense Investigator Richard Parsons, a character executive producer Gary Glasberg describes as “Ken Starr, J. Edgar Hoover and an angry pitbull wrapped into one.”

RELATED | NCIS Renewed as Mark Harmon Inks New Deal — But What About Cote de Pablo?

Glasberg adds that Hanks’ “should make it a truly memorable finale.”

In addition to Dexter, Hanks’ TV credits include Roswell, The Good Guys and Mad Men.

1. Ryan says:

He could pass for McGee’s brother.

2. he should play McGee’s brother!

3. Lee says:

Am I the only one that thinks he looks A LOT like McGee? Totally could have been cast as his brother!

• Wilma says:

YES ! Colin looks more like McGee’s TWIN brother than he looks like his father, the famous TOM. Uncanny ! But I love only McGee !

• deborah, wife of says:

is it a definite, he is not mcgee’s brother in real life, because, my god he is identical. they do say that everyone somewhere has a double. creepy.

4. Deanna says:

I love Colin Hanks. I miss his show “The Good Guys” and I am glad to see him doing so much acting!

• Pat D. says:

I wish Matt Nix would end Burn Notice already and bring back “The Good Guys” in its place! While I loved BN season 1—it was one of the best first seasons of any show I’ve ever seen—it really has been going steadily downhill since then IMHO. “The Good Guys” in its short stint showed much more promise.

Burn Notice actually reminds me a lot of Prison Break in that they seem to have run of ideas after a few seasons, and keep tacking on new reasons for Michael (either one, LOL!) to seek revenge.

• JJSask says:

I miss the Good guys too! They didn’t even give the show a chance!

5. Andy says:

The Good Guys was a lot of fun, and I am glad to see that Colin is going to be on NCIS.

6. Germaine says:

So the serial killer, Travis Marshall, played by Colin Hanks, is now going to be raised from the dead and come back as Department of Defense Investigator, Richard Parsons. So the writers are saying that Travis really didn’t die, that he joined the DOD and will be the one to end Dexter’s life or imprison him for life. Sure…that’s believable.

7. Zachary says:

The Good Guys was one of my favorite shows of all time. I’m not a fan of NCIS, but I’m glad to see Colin is still doing TV.

8. Pepper says:

I love love love Colin Hanks but I really don’t want to watch NCIS again.
    And I thought Sophie had to make a difficult choice.

9. Shannon says:

I love Colin Hanks and he really does look like his Dad Tom Hanks. I first started watching him on my favorite TV Show Roswell. He did an excellent job portraying the best friend Alex.. He truly has his dad’s talents with a different spin of his own. =) He keeps being on my favorite shows, so I will keep watching. Good for Colin for making the rounds. Maybe someone will get some brains and keep him on NCIS of give him another show for him to shine on. It would be interesting for him to be on and stay on NCIS. It would refresh that beloved show a little bit.

10. arial2 says:

Enjoy Colin Hanks in just about any role, so looking forward to this arc. He seems to have inherited his dad’s talent.

11. anti-ziva says:

Am hoping he’s on board to make sure someone (ziva) pays for this revenge mission this time around. It would be novel to have NCIS actually go that route

12. bobbie says:

Colin Hanks is great! I hope we see a lot more of him.

13. When is Jamie Lee Curtiss returning to NCIS. Love her and Gibbs together.

14. jean says:

He looks so much like his dad Tom Hanks.

15. Party Lady says:

Colin Hanks is the worst and ruining the season finale. He is nothing like his father…just a horrible pretender. The only thing I ever like him in is the movie where he was killed by acid and burned alive. Ugh!! NCIS season finales are always the same – bring in idiots and bring down Gibbs…come back with new cliffhangers. You are the best show on TV and always bring in horrible actors/actresses for cliffhangers that always bring the same thing the next season – the team is fine and still kicking ass.

16. Helen Burns says:

I loved Collin Hank’s show The Good Guys too. I don’t watch too many comedy shows, but loved that one (laughed my a-s off!). They never gave it a chance. I would love to see Collin signed as a permanent cast member on NCIS, love the way the other team members give him a hard time. Maybe he could be the new preebie & let McGee finally move up.