NCIS Scoop: Dexter's Colin Hanks Lands 'Truly Memorable' Season-Ending Arc

Get More: Casting News

NCIS Cast Colin HanksDexter‘s Colin Hanks has scored a killer arc on NCIS, TVLine has confirmed.

The actor will appear in this season’s final two episodes (May 7 and May 14) as Department of Defense Investigator Richard Parsons, a character executive producer Gary Glasberg describes as “Ken Starr, J. Edgar Hoover and an angry pitbull wrapped into one.”

RELATED | NCIS Renewed as Mark Harmon Inks New Deal — But What About Cote de Pablo?

Glasberg adds that Hanks’ “should make it a truly memorable finale.”

In addition to Dexter, Hanks’ TV credits include Roswell, The Good Guys and Mad Men.

Tags: , ,

Comments (33)

• He could pass for McGee’s brother.

Comment by Ryan – April 10, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • McGee does not have a brother. But if he did, I agree with you!

Comment by Daniel – April 10, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hell I thought it was McGee

Comment by Jeff – April 10, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing

Comment by TVPeong – April 10, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When i first saw him on dexter, i thought it was mcgee, i didn’t realize it wasn’t until i saw episode 23 with them both in the same room.

Comment by micho – May 16, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Googled him to see if he was a relative of McGee…wow do they look alike, a younger version of McGee !

Comment by Liz Klanga – May 24, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was McGee playing 2 parts cause in Season 11 opening, you never see McGee and Parson’s in the same scene in the first half of the show.

Comment by bjc – September 25, 2013 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he should play McGee’s brother!

Comment by Jessica Brogan Denny – April 10, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that thinks he looks A LOT like McGee? Totally could have been cast as his brother!

Comment by Lee – April 10, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES ! Colin looks more like McGee’s TWIN brother than he looks like his father, the famous TOM. Uncanny ! But I love only McGee !

Comment by Wilma – September 24, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • is it a definite, he is not mcgee’s brother in real life, because, my god he is identical. they do say that everyone somewhere has a double. creepy.

Comment by deborah, wife of – September 25, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Colin Hanks. I miss his show “The Good Guys” and I am glad to see him doing so much acting!

Comment by Deanna – April 10, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish Matt Nix would end Burn Notice already and bring back “The Good Guys” in its place! While I loved BN season 1—it was one of the best first seasons of any show I’ve ever seen—it really has been going steadily downhill since then IMHO. “The Good Guys” in its short stint showed much more promise.

Burn Notice actually reminds me a lot of Prison Break in that they seem to have run of ideas after a few seasons, and keep tacking on new reasons for Michael (either one, LOL!) to seek revenge.

Comment by Pat D. – April 10, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss the Good guys too! They didn’t even give the show a chance!

Comment by JJSask – April 10, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Good Guys was a lot of fun!

Comment by bobbie – April 11, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Guys was a lot of fun, and I am glad to see that Colin is going to be on NCIS.

Comment by Andy – April 10, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bring back Dan Stark!!!

Comment by Pat D. – April 10, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So the serial killer, Travis Marshall, played by Colin Hanks, is now going to be raised from the dead and come back as Department of Defense Investigator, Richard Parsons. So the writers are saying that Travis really didn’t die, that he joined the DOD and will be the one to end Dexter’s life or imprison him for life. Sure…that’s believable.

Comment by Germaine – April 10, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read the article again.

Comment by Doane06 – April 10, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought at first, the headline was misleading, but its a role for NCIS.

Comment by Mike – April 10, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What article did you read? :) haha

Comment by Kim R – April 10, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow…

Comment by Teag – April 10, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Colin hanks never played a “Travis Marshall” on ncis. What is this hit talking about.

Comment by Tommy – April 23, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Guys was one of my favorite shows of all time. I’m not a fan of NCIS, but I’m glad to see Colin is still doing TV.

Comment by Zachary – April 10, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love Colin Hanks but I really don’t want to watch NCIS again.
    And I thought Sophie had to make a difficult choice.

Comment by Pepper – April 10, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Colin Hanks and he really does look like his Dad Tom Hanks. I first started watching him on my favorite TV Show Roswell. He did an excellent job portraying the best friend Alex.. He truly has his dad’s talents with a different spin of his own. =) He keeps being on my favorite shows, so I will keep watching. Good for Colin for making the rounds. Maybe someone will get some brains and keep him on NCIS of give him another show for him to shine on. It would be interesting for him to be on and stay on NCIS. It would refresh that beloved show a little bit.

Comment by Shannon – April 10, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoy Colin Hanks in just about any role, so looking forward to this arc. He seems to have inherited his dad’s talent.

Comment by arial2 – April 10, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am hoping he’s on board to make sure someone (ziva) pays for this revenge mission this time around. It would be novel to have NCIS actually go that route

Comment by anti-ziva – April 10, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Colin Hanks is great! I hope we see a lot more of him.

Comment by bobbie – April 11, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Jamie Lee Curtiss returning to NCIS. Love her and Gibbs together.

Comment by Susan Palmiotto – April 12, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He looks so much like his dad Tom Hanks.

Comment by jean – May 10, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Colin Hanks is the worst and ruining the season finale. He is nothing like his father…just a horrible pretender. The only thing I ever like him in is the movie where he was killed by acid and burned alive. Ugh!! NCIS season finales are always the same – bring in idiots and bring down Gibbs…come back with new cliffhangers. You are the best show on TV and always bring in horrible actors/actresses for cliffhangers that always bring the same thing the next season – the team is fine and still kicking ass.

Comment by Party Lady – May 14, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Collin Hank’s show The Good Guys too. I don’t watch too many comedy shows, but loved that one (laughed my a-s off!). They never gave it a chance. I would love to see Collin signed as a permanent cast member on NCIS, love the way the other team members give him a hard time. Maybe he could be the new preebie & let McGee finally move up.

Comment by Helen Burns – September 28, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post