TVLine Items: Lifetime Sets Devious Maids Debut, Star Wars Vet Lands Criminal Gig and More!

Devious Maids Premiere DateLifetime is going to get a little devious this summer.

Marc Cherry‘s new sudser Devious Maids is slated to make its long-awaited debut on June 23 at 10/9c.

Based loosely on the Mexican telenovela The Disorderly Maids Of The Neighborhood, the drama follows four ambitious housekeepers (played by Ana Ortiz, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez and Roselyn Sanchez) who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.

Susan Lucci (All My Children), Matt Cedeno (Days of Our Lives), Brianna Brown (General Hospital), Drew Van Acker (Pretty Little Liars), Mariana Klaveno (True Blood) and Grant Show (Melrose Place) — among others — co-star.

In other launch-date news, A&E’s The Glades and Longmire will premiere their new seasons on Monday, May 27 at 9 pm and 10 pm, respectively. Also, the second season of Starz’s Magic City is set to bow Friday, June 14 at 9 pm.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Luke Skywalker is coming to Criminal Minds. TVGuide.com reports that Star Wars alum Mark Hamill has booked a top-secret guest spot in the CBS procedural’s two-part finale, which airs May 22.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Getting Cancelled?

• TNT has done some shifting and swapping in its previously announced summer schedule: Franklin & Bash now launches its third season with a two-hour premiere on June 19 at 9pm, while Rizzoli & Isles kicks off its Season 4 on June 25 at 9 pm. Perception‘s second season, meanwhile, debuts June 25 at 10 pm, and Cold Justice, a new unscripted procedural, premieres Sept. 3 at 10pm.

• Law & Order: SVU alumna Melissa Sagemiller has landed the lead role in NBC’s potential Chicago Fire spin-off, Deadline reports. The actress will first appear in Fire‘s May 15 finale — which serves as planted spin-off for the prospective series — as a Chicago Police Department detective.

RELATED | Chicago Fire Spin-Off: Lost‘s Tania Raymonde Joins Cast

• Paula Garces (The Shield) has joined All My Children‘s upcoming iTunes/Hulu revival, Prospect Park announced Wednesday. She’ll play a savvy woman devoted to fighting crime.

• Sullivan & Son‘s second season will bow Thursday, June 13 on TBS.

• No one at Saturday Night Live is more excited about Vince Vaughn hosting the late-night staple this weekend than castmember Bobby Moynihan. In fact, he’s got a plan in place to seduce the erstwhile Swinger. Press PLAY below to watch the hilarity ensue.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Esaul says:

I need to catch up on CM…

2. Babygate says:

About time! I have been waiting for this since last year. The premise sounds kind of weak and cartoonish so I hope the execution is on point to make up for it. Even though I make it a point to avoid anything Eva Longoria does, I will give this a try because I love this cast.

• Abbey says:

I too am not a fan of Eva Longoria but thankfully she is not in the show so I started watching it.
      And I am pleasantly surprised. It is a good show. I just hope they pick up the pace a little bit and don’t drag out the story lines. I am thrilled to see Tom Irvin in the show. I have always liked him as an actor.

3. Babygate says:

I am so happy that he crapfest that is Franklin and Bash will be on a different night than Rizzoli and Isles. It can now be a failure by its lonesome. I would have preferred to see King and Maxwell paired up with R & I because I think they are more compatible but I understand the move behind Major Crimes since Jon Tenney already had an audience from The Closer and into M.C. On Wednesday nights my vote goes to Necessary Roughness on USA. Looking forward to Perception as well. It’s not brilliant but it is entertaining as well as engaging.

• Lincoln says:

Oh Babygate…what have you done to change the face of TV? Such an uppity wannabe Know-it-All. Do me a favor: turn off your television and read a book. Miss Thing here is so judgemental. Sheesh.

4. kirads09 says:

Yay! Cannot wait for Glades and Longmire! ♥♥♥

So if Mark Hammill is guesting in the crucial season (?) finale – could he be – the replicator??!

5. GS says:

They seriously cancelled Drop Dead Diva and are putting a stupid show on about maids?? If the Client List wasn’t so good, I’d totally boycott the stupid network!!

6. nick1372 says:

Wow @ that cast list for Devoius Maids! That’s a lot of good actresses. Especially Briana Brown. She was great on General Hospital and her 2-episode guest spot on Homeland season 1 was nothing short of phenomenal.

• Spencer says:

Seriously. Ana Ortiz, Judy Reyes, and Brianna Brown are fantastic. I’ll be looking forward to this show. Susan Lucci is a pretty bad actress, though, so hopefully she’s not in too much of the show.

7. Alan says:

mark hamill on criminal minds, thats awesome. hopefully his role will be as good as the one tricia helfer had in last years finale. this should be the start of a new tradition, having sci fi superstars guest in the finale.

8. Alan says:

mark hamil in criminal minds, thats awesome. hopefully his role will be as good as the one tricia helfer had in last years finale. this should become a new tradition, having sci fi superstars guest in the finale.

9. Lorie says:

I can’t wait for Longmire! Love this show!

10. Angela says:

Mark Hamill, eh? Hmmmm. That should be quite interesting…
    Will have to let my mom know about this “Devious Maids” show.

11. Joe says:

Desperate maids that what it sounds like

12. LEP says:

I wonder if Mark Hamill will have something to do with the replicator killer, perhaps be the killer who has been replicating the different serial killers. Talk about going to the Dark Side….

13. lyn says:

Yay for R&I and Perception. F&B is like Suits lite, so, no. I’ll give Maids a shot because it seems like a cross between Desperate Housewives and JLo’s Maid in Manhattan.