Exclusive: Syfy Renews Being Human

Get More: Renewals

Being Human Renewed Season 4 SyfyScary-good news out of Syfy: The cabler has renewed Being Human for a 13-episode fourth season, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones‘ Finale, Glee‘s Harrowing Episode, Grimm‘s Super Twist and More

Being Human really hit its stride creatively this year,” raves Syfy’s president of original content Mark Stern. “This show has become a signature series for Syfy and we are thrilled to have it return in 2014.”

The drama’s just-wrapped third season averaged 1.8 million viewers, 1.1 million of which fell into the 18-49 demo.

A formal announcement about the renewal is expected to made this evening at Syfy’s annual upfront presentation in New York.

Tags: ,

Comments (99)

• Yay, this made my day, so happy

Comment by Juan – April 10, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great news!!! As long as they dont change the cast…..Im loving the latest trio!!! Especially Hal!!!

Comment by Maria – April 11, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. The cast is superb. I hope the main 3 stay for all 13 episodes in season 4. What about the morgue guy?

Comment by Ralph – April 12, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was sooooo glad that Being Human is coming back!! It really made my day!!

Comment by Barbara Eatherly – August 12, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m also named Juan, and love this show. I can’t watch episodes when they air, and was left for almost a week waiting to see the finale. It was 100% worth the wait. I wonder where Sally’s going. She’s been to Purgatory, and briefly no longer existed, so the only two places I can think of are Heaven and Hell, and I doubt she’s going somewhere nice.

Comment by Juan Cubano – April 15, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phew, I was worried it wouldn’t be renewed due to it’s low ratings this season, and big decline vs last season

Comment by Ivan Lind – April 10, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Now I can relax. One of my favorite shows this year!

Comment by Patty (@phouse1964) – April 10, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree…but 2014 will have to watch season 3 all over again within a week of new season, to get primed fseason 4. I’m old and forget whos what and why…lol

Comment by SWuzi – April 13, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVLine! You could not have made my day any better! Love, love, love this news! : )

Comment by Melanie – April 10, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! Sam Witwer is easily the best actor on television.

Comment by Joshua Reguin – April 10, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And the hottest, lol. LOVE this show. I only discovered it a few weeks ago and can’t get enough!

Comment by Adrienne – April 25, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have never liked vampires or warewolves. I was checking out the channels one night in 2011
      and for some reason Being Human really cought my eye, I started watching it the night that Sallys’ boyfriend pushed her down the stares. It seems that Being Human is only on no more than 4 to 6 weeks then it is gone for a year, then the reruns are so far and inbetween. Producers do things their own way and in their own time and to heck with the people that injoy it. Josh, Nora, Sally,
      and Aiden are great acters and actrises. It would be good to see the love that Josh and Nora have for each other at this point return as wolves with that same strong love and protection for
      oneanother as well as others. Looking forward to seeing them again.

Comment by Donna Hursey – April 25, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thrilled and relieved, thank you, SyFy!

Comment by Michelle – April 10, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the article… I’m a BIG fan of the UK version and the US version’s departure from the UK version has helped it create its own identity! And it really makes it a better show (than just being a copy of the UK one.)

Comment by Dennis Pascual (@dennis_p) – April 10, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As an original fan of the UK version, I feel like this version has surpassed the original in so many ways. Realism, storyline, keeping the characters between seasons, and better special effects all make this the superior product. The best season of the original was the 1st and maybe the second. The US version is consistently great TV.

Comment by topoopon – April 10, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I disagree, I still like the UK version better- at least the first 3 seasons. Once 2 of the 3 main characters left I lost interest. But to each their own :)

Comment by Fran – April 10, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree afteer season 3 it started to go down hill in the U.K. version, now I prefer the US one

Comment by Ivan Lind – April 10, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I actually think the Syfy series surpassed the BBC series from season 2 onwards. I think Toby Whithouse (who made the BBC series) played all his cards in the first series and then spent the rest of the time playing character/plot do-overs.

Comment by Brett – April 26, 2013 06:32 PM PDT
  • awesome.

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 10, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you – this has been the highlight of an otherwise crappy day!

Comment by Steve (@Stevil907) – April 10, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSS!! I’ve been waiting for this news. So happy. Being Human is my favorite series on Syfy.

Comment by Chris – April 10, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • excellent news !!

Comment by lynn – April 10, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about this! Being Human is one of favourite shows on tv.

Comment by bexx888 – April 10, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay!

Comment by Polly – April 10, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome luv Josh and Nora

Comment by Jmom – April 10, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thsnk you for coming back this is my fav monday night show

Comment by brian – April 21, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad that the wait for a renewal is over. I really enjoy the actors and plotlines on this show and I can’t wait to see what happens next year!

Comment by Allison P – April 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I would have been so frustrated if the show ended with those multiple cliffhangers

Comment by Em – April 10, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I was thinking at the end of the episode – “Damn it show, you can’t leave it there!”

Comment by Mo – April 10, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear the good news of renewal. I was worried about cancellation since television execs are so hell bent on shoving reality TV down our throats.

Comment by Frank – April 10, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas is now the last cable show I’m worried about.

Comment by Et. Al – April 10, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy with this news. It’s definitely one of my favorite shows on TV

Comment by Jerry – April 10, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Thank you, Syfy. I love Being Human!!

Comment by Eliza – April 10, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outstanding news. Sam Huntington, Sam Witwer and Meaghan Rath are all immensely talented, and I am looking forward to seeing where Josh, Aidan and Sally’s stories go next season.

Comment by Shikouchi – April 10, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That should of been a NO Brainer for SyFy.
    The US version of Being Human has surpassed it’s now deceased UK counterpart

Comment by Whatever – April 10, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like.

Comment by topoopon – April 10, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Surpassed it in number of episodes at least. The UK version had 5 seasons but only 6 or 8 episodes a year. I still prefer the first 3 seasons of the UK version, but I will admit they’ve done a really good job expanding the storylines and creating their own identify for the US version. It makes it very enjoyable.

Comment by Julie – April 10, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lame “Sherlock” wannabe.Oops, misplaced snark!

Comment by Danyelle – April 10, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey SyFy.. you keep me as a viewer!! GOOD JOB!!

GREAT FREAKIN SHOW!! … now to wait for season 4! :)

Comment by Will R – April 10, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOMESAUCE!! we’ll be able to find out what happened to Sally!! what is happening to Josh? who is aiden’s wife’s creator and what is gonna happen with the ever-increasingly convoluted plot?!!

Comment by cjeffery7 – April 10, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!!!!!! love this show!!!!

Comment by MoshiMoshi – April 10, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news I have heard all week! Now the long wait until January begins.

Comment by Eric – April 10, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice!

Comment by Rlynh – April 10, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Love this show!!

Comment by K. – April 10, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ty for letting us know i love this show i just wish it wasn’t a whole year before it comes back on

Comment by jeana (@hellsangel33) – April 10, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!! Really hoping they go with Aiden and Sally getting together next season!!!

Comment by Lea – April 10, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I thought It was wishful thinking on my part. Glad some else sees it too.

Comment by H.F.Washington – April 16, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic! Great cast of actors and such a fun show!

Comment by David – April 10, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, would like to see Aiden and Sally together too but his dead wife did show up at the end of the last episode. Also I know some people might not like this but for once I would love to see this three actually have something good happen to them that will last. (I mean just one thing)……..

Comment by K. – April 10, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to hear that it’s being renewed for next season!!! But why only 13 episodes?? Why not have the usual 20-25 like other shows…

Comment by Missy – April 10, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I cannot wait I feel like crying…. I am in love with this show not to mention aiden

Comment by shanika – April 10, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love being human!!! Love all of the cast!! So happy it will be back next season.

Comment by April smith – April 10, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! The show left on such a high note. Can’t wait to see what happens!

Comment by serenechaos83 – April 10, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad Being Human is being renewed! I couldn’t imagine watching Syfy if it wasn’t for this amazing show! I am so excited for season 4!!!:D

Comment by Ashley – April 10, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY I am so so glad!!!!!!!!!! I love this show!!! I have watched it from the start an never missed a episode so i cant wait till season 4 HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!

Comment by Wendy – April 10, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that show. Now wondering what happened to Sally and is Aiden’s son going to come back. Can hardley wait for Season 4.

Comment by Yvonne – April 10, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news. This is a great show!

Comment by DMD – April 10, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loveeee this show but why must it take a year to come back ? And why only 13 episodes. I feel that since there is only one season a year it should be a long season like 20 or more episodes.

Comment by caitlin – April 10, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im with you

Comment by WeButterTheBreadWithKamo – September 14, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is amazing I thought I was gunna have to wait forever to hear if there was gunna be a season 4 I can’t wait I could just scream I can’t believe I have to wait til January …. Huge fan this is the only show I will actually even try to get into I’ve watch every season and Ill still be watching till the very last one

Comment by Pamela – April 10, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEPPIE

Comment by Maria – April 10, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!

Comment by Alex – April 10, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ecstatic that the show has been renewed. This season was incredible. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for next season. Just wish the show was on longer and not have such a short season.

Comment by Anna – April 10, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s on cable not broadcast, so it makes perfect sense that only 13 episodes where ordered, it’s cheaper for Syfy to order 13 rather then 22 ike the Big 4 networks, so it’s the right call plus ratings, where down vs last season 34% in the demo and 28% in viewers, cable networks typically order between 10-13 episode seasons

Comment by smallville944 – April 10, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeah I can hardly wait for 2014

Comment by Anaid – April 10, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy News. This really is one of my favorite shows. I love the character development we’ve seen in Josh and Sally the wisdom Aidan is able to randomly shell out (for everyone else’s problems, anyway, lol). I started watching the UK version but didn’t really like it (I’m from the US, though, so it made sense). Can’t wait for next season.

Comment by Yay – April 10, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay …..can’t wait I have bought the first 2 seasons and will buy season 3 when it comes out

Comment by christina – April 10, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thrilled to hear a fourth season is coming. I’m just sad that I have to wait basically a whole other year before it comes on. What to do till then!??! I absolutely love this show!! I watch it religiously, lol! Can’t wait!! (Wish it was on year round… :-D )

Comment by Jennifer – April 10, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post