Exclusive: Syfy Renews Being Human

Being Human Renewed Season 4 SyfyScary-good news out of Syfy: The cabler has renewed Being Human for a 13-episode fourth season, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones‘ Finale, Glee‘s Harrowing Episode, Grimm‘s Super Twist and More

Being Human really hit its stride creatively this year,” raves Syfy’s president of original content Mark Stern. “This show has become a signature series for Syfy and we are thrilled to have it return in 2014.”

The drama’s just-wrapped third season averaged 1.8 million viewers, 1.1 million of which fell into the 18-49 demo.

A formal announcement about the renewal is expected to made this evening at Syfy’s annual upfront presentation in New York.

1. Juan says:

Yay, this made my day, so happy

• Maria says:

Great news!!! As long as they dont change the cast…..Im loving the latest trio!!! Especially Hal!!!

• Juan Cubano says:

I’m also named Juan, and love this show. I can’t watch episodes when they air, and was left for almost a week waiting to see the finale. It was 100% worth the wait. I wonder where Sally’s going. She’s been to Purgatory, and briefly no longer existed, so the only two places I can think of are Heaven and Hell, and I doubt she’s going somewhere nice.

2. Ivan Lind says:

Phew, I was worried it wouldn’t be renewed due to it’s low ratings this season, and big decline vs last season

3. Wow. Now I can relax. One of my favorite shows this year!

• SWuzi says:

I agree…but 2014 will have to watch season 3 all over again within a week of new season, to get primed fseason 4. I’m old and forget whos what and why…lol

4. Melanie says:

TVLine! You could not have made my day any better! Love, love, love this news! : )

5. Joshua Reguin says:

Awesome news! Sam Witwer is easily the best actor on television.

• Adrienne says:

And the hottest, lol. LOVE this show. I only discovered it a few weeks ago and can’t get enough!

• Donna Hursey says:

I have never liked vampires or warewolves. I was checking out the channels one night in 2011
      and for some reason Being Human really cought my eye, I started watching it the night that Sallys’ boyfriend pushed her down the stares. It seems that Being Human is only on no more than 4 to 6 weeks then it is gone for a year, then the reruns are so far and inbetween. Producers do things their own way and in their own time and to heck with the people that injoy it. Josh, Nora, Sally,
      and Aiden are great acters and actrises. It would be good to see the love that Josh and Nora have for each other at this point return as wolves with that same strong love and protection for
      oneanother as well as others. Looking forward to seeing them again.

6. Michelle says:

I am thrilled and relieved, thank you, SyFy!

7. I agree with the article… I’m a BIG fan of the UK version and the US version’s departure from the UK version has helped it create its own identity! And it really makes it a better show (than just being a copy of the UK one.)

• topoopon says:

As an original fan of the UK version, I feel like this version has surpassed the original in so many ways. Realism, storyline, keeping the characters between seasons, and better special effects all make this the superior product. The best season of the original was the 1st and maybe the second. The US version is consistently great TV.

• Fran says:

I disagree, I still like the UK version better- at least the first 3 seasons. Once 2 of the 3 main characters left I lost interest. But to each their own :)

• Ivan Lind says:

I agree afteer season 3 it started to go down hill in the U.K. version, now I prefer the US one

• Brett says:

I actually think the Syfy series surpassed the BBC series from season 2 onwards. I think Toby Whithouse (who made the BBC series) played all his cards in the first series and then spent the rest of the time playing character/plot do-overs.

8. Thank you – this has been the highlight of an otherwise crappy day!

9. Chris says:

YESSSS!! I’ve been waiting for this news. So happy. Being Human is my favorite series on Syfy.

10. lynn says:

excellent news !!

11. bexx888 says:

So happy about this! Being Human is one of favourite shows on tv.

12. Jmom says:

Awesome luv Josh and Nora

13. Allison P says:

So glad that the wait for a renewal is over. I really enjoy the actors and plotlines on this show and I can’t wait to see what happens next year!

14. Em says:

Yay! I would have been so frustrated if the show ended with those multiple cliffhangers

15. Frank says:

Glad to hear the good news of renewal. I was worried about cancellation since television execs are so hell bent on shoving reality TV down our throats.

16. Et. Al says:

Dallas is now the last cable show I’m worried about.

17. Jerry says:

Very happy with this news. It’s definitely one of my favorite shows on TV

18. Eliza says:

Yay! Thank you, Syfy. I love Being Human!!

19. Shikouchi says:

Outstanding news. Sam Huntington, Sam Witwer and Meaghan Rath are all immensely talented, and I am looking forward to seeing where Josh, Aidan and Sally’s stories go next season.

20. Whatever says:

That should of been a NO Brainer for SyFy.
    The US version of Being Human has surpassed it’s now deceased UK counterpart

• topoopon says:

Like.

• Julie says:

Surpassed it in number of episodes at least. The UK version had 5 seasons but only 6 or 8 episodes a year. I still prefer the first 3 seasons of the UK version, but I will admit they’ve done a really good job expanding the storylines and creating their own identify for the US version. It makes it very enjoyable.

21. Danyelle says:

Lame “Sherlock” wannabe.Oops, misplaced snark!

22. Will R says:

Hey SyFy.. you keep me as a viewer!! GOOD JOB!!

GREAT FREAKIN SHOW!! … now to wait for season 4! :)

23. cjeffery7 says:

AWESOMESAUCE!! we’ll be able to find out what happened to Sally!! what is happening to Josh? who is aiden’s wife’s creator and what is gonna happen with the ever-increasingly convoluted plot?!!

24. MoshiMoshi says:

Awesome news!!!!!! love this show!!!!

25. Eric says:

Best news I have heard all week! Now the long wait until January begins.

26. K. says:

YAY! Love this show!!

27. ty for letting us know i love this show i just wish it wasn’t a whole year before it comes back on

28. Lea says:

YAY!!!! Really hoping they go with Aiden and Sally getting together next season!!!

29. David says:

Fantastic! Great cast of actors and such a fun show!

30. K. says:

Great, would like to see Aiden and Sally together too but his dead wife did show up at the end of the last episode. Also I know some people might not like this but for once I would love to see this three actually have something good happen to them that will last. (I mean just one thing)……..

31. Missy says:

I’m glad to hear that it’s being renewed for next season!!! But why only 13 episodes?? Why not have the usual 20-25 like other shows…

32. shanika says:

Omg I cannot wait I feel like crying…. I am in love with this show not to mention aiden

33. April smith says:

Absolutely love being human!!! Love all of the cast!! So happy it will be back next season.

34. Awesome! The show left on such a high note. Can’t wait to see what happens!

35. Ashley says:

I am so glad Being Human is being renewed! I couldn’t imagine watching Syfy if it wasn’t for this amazing show! I am so excited for season 4!!!:D

36. Wendy says:

YAY I am so so glad!!!!!!!!!! I love this show!!! I have watched it from the start an never missed a episode so i cant wait till season 4 HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!

37. Yvonne says:

Love that show. Now wondering what happened to Sally and is Aiden’s son going to come back. Can hardley wait for Season 4.

38. DMD says:

This is good news. This is a great show!

39. caitlin says:

I loveeee this show but why must it take a year to come back ? And why only 13 episodes. I feel that since there is only one season a year it should be a long season like 20 or more episodes.

40. Pamela says:

This is amazing I thought I was gunna have to wait forever to hear if there was gunna be a season 4 I can’t wait I could just scream I can’t believe I have to wait til January …. Huge fan this is the only show I will actually even try to get into I’ve watch every season and Ill still be watching till the very last one

41. Maria says:

YEPPIE

42. Alex says:

Finally!

43. Anna says:

Ecstatic that the show has been renewed. This season was incredible. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for next season. Just wish the show was on longer and not have such a short season.

• smallville944 says:

It’s on cable not broadcast, so it makes perfect sense that only 13 episodes where ordered, it’s cheaper for Syfy to order 13 rather then 22 ike the Big 4 networks, so it’s the right call plus ratings, where down vs last season 34% in the demo and 28% in viewers, cable networks typically order between 10-13 episode seasons

44. Anaid says:

Hell yeah I can hardly wait for 2014

45. Yay says:

Very happy News. This really is one of my favorite shows. I love the character development we’ve seen in Josh and Sally the wisdom Aidan is able to randomly shell out (for everyone else’s problems, anyway, lol). I started watching the UK version but didn’t really like it (I’m from the US, though, so it made sense). Can’t wait for next season.

46. christina says:

Yay …..can’t wait I have bought the first 2 seasons and will buy season 3 when it comes out

47. Jennifer says:

I’m thrilled to hear a fourth season is coming. I’m just sad that I have to wait basically a whole other year before it comes on. What to do till then!??! I absolutely love this show!! I watch it religiously, lol! Can’t wait!! (Wish it was on year round… :-D )