Pilot Scoop: Hellcats' Aly Michalka Out, Cougar Town's Briga Heelan In on NBC's Undateable

Undateable Pilot Recast Bill Lawrence has made an 11th hour tweak to his NBC comedy pilot Undateable.

Hellcats actress Aly Michalka has exited the project for creative reasons and has been replaced by Cougar Town‘s Briga Heelan, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers — and Who’s In Them!

Heelan, who is already tied to Lawrence’s TBS pilot Ground Floor (methinks BL is a Heelan fan), will technically appear as a guest star in Undateable.

The project, written by Adam Sztykiel (Due Date, Made of Honor), centers on Danny (Chris D’Elia) and Justin (Brent Morin), two very different guys who are bonded by their common inability to attract women.

1. Lindsey says:

Guess Chris D’Elia’s casting means Whitney isn’t likely to be back….

2. A.D. says:

Well there goes my interest in this show!

3. Evan says:

This is still probably second position to Whitney so they have to wait and see what happens there first.

4. mia says:

With Aly out, there goes my interest. I’m a huge fan of hers so I’m hoping she finds something awesome soon!
    ……..And no chance of Hellcats returning eh :P (sigh, still miss that show).

5. mia says:

To be honest I’m glad Aly is out – this show sounds stupid. She can do better.

6. Peace&Love says:

I have to be honest! The show sounds stupid! I’m happy Aly left it! She deserves waaaaay better roles than this! By the way, it’s 99% confirmed that she left the show because she has to work on the new album (Her band name with her sister is 78violet)

Good Job Aly!

I found this site out about them, oh-78violet (Click on my name to check it out)

• thereasonsy says:

Amen. Honestly, she was the only thing that excited me about the project because green lighting it meant the demise of Whitney. Which has weirdly grown on me. I may need penicillin.