Exclusive

Law & Order: SVU Exclusive: Kathryn Erbe Returns for 'Big' Fin Episode

Law & Order: SVU Season 14 SpoilersWhen Law & Order: SVU‘s Fin finds himself in danger this May, an old friend will be around to lend a hand.

Kathryn Erbe‘s Alexandra Eames will make her second appearance of the season in the May 8 episode, executive producer Warren Leight tells TVLine exclusively.

RELATED | Law & Order: SVU Casts Eion Bailey

The Law & Order: Criminal Intent mainstay will show up when someone related to Fin’s past as a narcotics officer begins causing trouble for the SVU detective . What happens is “so big, she’s called in,” Leights says, adding that the idea for the episode originated with its star Ice T.

“He said, ‘I saw after that Rollins-and-her-sister episode, the fans really like it when we’re in harm’s way,” the EP recalls. “‘And don’t forget, I used to be a narcotics officer. There’s got to be a lot of people who want me dead.'”

Hip-hop artist 2 Chainz also appears in the episode as “someone Fin dealt with in the past,” Leight says. “There’s a lot of bad blood from Fin’s past involved in it.”

Emilio Rivera (Sons of Anarchy), Yul Vasquez (Magic City) and Cathy Moriarty (Raging Bull) also appear in the episode.

1. Esaul says:

Funny story, Ice-T was hinting about this storyline in a video. :D

• Chris Devlin says:

Svu has heavy weights around its. Neck and sinking fast.
      Having Eames show up is refreshing but why not dig deep and call back Robert( bobby) GOREN…
      Zach NICHOLS…
      OR….
      Mike LOGAN.!!!!!
      WHAT A COMEBACK FOR ALL THE FANS OF
      CRIMINAL INTENT!
      might as well call back JAMEY SHERIDAN

2. Chicago Dan says:

If they added Erbe to SVU (even as a recurring character – for “big” cases), I’d start watching again.

3. Star says:

Do people still watch this show?

• Esaul says:

Since it’s one of their highest rated veteran drama’s, yeah.

• Emma says:

Barely 6 mill watch it a week. No, nobody watches. It’s rather embarrassing actually.

• Esaul says:

Viewership isn’t the same as ratings. The ratings count more toward a show’s life than the viewers.

• Esaul says:

And also, Revolution, NBC’s new hit had 6.36 this past Monday. Does that mean nobody watches? Does that mean it has no life? Should that be cancelled too because of the viewership? Or should Revolution be renewed because it has a good rating, which Mondy’s episode had a 2.2.

• lil says:

Emma = meloni fanatic. Yes people STILL watch it and its a lock to be renewed
          It still does good in demos

• Esaul says:

Mhm. Also read on Deadline that they’re getting writers for next season, or something along those lines. So while it’s not official, it’s getting renewed which we should hear soon.

• Emma says:

I’m as far as you can get from a Melonhead fanatic. I’ve never been a fan of the Melonhead or UnStabler. The numbers prove nobody watches. Look at the other shows in the same time slot. They KILL SVU every week in every kind of rating you can think of (demo and overall viewers). Move it to noon to run with Days of Our Lives. Then it might actually win a week in the ratings.

• Keith says:

Do people still comment about shows they don’t watch

• Jacque says:

OH YES!! I watch as many as I can record and watch every night! I latched on to this series late in the game…. I just can’t get enough of these stories. I like Erbe and Mariska both, but the whole cast in both are excellent.

• Zoe says:

-raises hand- I still watch it. Y’all are missing out. It’s better than Glee and Castle.

4. Fin_Fan says:

His name is Fin, short for Odafin. I had to read the article twice to figure out who the heck “Finn” was!

5. melissa says:

I still watch I guess theirs something 2 say about being in the past at times and yes I like Kathryn erbes a lot I liked her on svu criminal intent I wish they handn’t took it off as 4 her coming in helping finn that would work hes a former narcotic officer so he has a lot of people out 4 him I cant wait

6. Warren Leight should be ashamed at what he’s done to SVU, I thought it was an over-dramatized cop show BEFORE he came on, it’s gotten worse. NBC should just move SVU after Days of Our Lives, they’d be the perfect match for NBC daytime.

I hope Dick Wolf and NBC continue to treat Chicago Fire and it’s spin-off (whether it be ‘Law & Order: Chicago’ or not) better than how he did the L&O brand in the back years. I honestly wish SVU was canceled for creative reasons.

Did Warren Leight or any of his writers/producer ever think that if they took a look back to the ‘good ole days’ of SVU, they’d have a stronger and more interested audience? It’s not about Chris Meloni anymore, it’s about making SVU into the show it used to be, without him!

• Esaul says:

Some of the episodes this season have been quite laughable, but for the most part it is an improvement from last season. I can do less with the personal stories, but seeing some of the court scenes again makes me miss the mothership.

• I think SVU has the potential to be a ratings hit on NBC again if Leight would keep focus on Law & Order-formula that SVU regularly followed the first 10 seasons: trial scenes, expert testimony, banter between lawyers, DAs etc. Raul Esparza is currently cast as ADA (one of the best in years since Novak & Cabot), I wish Leight would use him more/up him to series regular in season 15. I honestly wish Leight would depart if he can’t keep SVU consistent (and in it’s own shadow and not Law & Order: Criminal Intent’s) week after week.

Until this happens,or Leight leaves I will always be critical of SVU and hope for it’s cancellation by creative means.

7. Jason says:

SVU is a good show for what’s its worth. Either watch it or not.

8. Crystal says:

The ratings are a measly 1.5 on a good night. Agree with above; nobody watches. I love the Warren Leight hired hand above that feels the need to try and correct everyone with good ratings. The ratings are no bueno.

• Jackson says:

And yet Chicago Fire gets around a 1.6 rating and everybody says it’s a Hit!

• Addelyn says:

Because CF isn’t supposed to be up to the same standards as SVU. It’s actually a bigger hit than SVU is atm. Unfortunately CF has a crappy lead-in of SVU.

• Esaul says:

You do realize that SVU’s been on for fourteen seasons now. And SVU’s ratings is still a success for NBC. Please keep in mind that for the most part it’s about the ratings within a network. SVU AND CF’s ratings would mean cancellation on a network like CBS.

• Warren Jr. says:

Why thank you Warren Leight wannabe (or Warren himself? This is something he would do) for trying to explain the obvious. It draws no numbers anymore. CSI has been on for 13 seasons and doesn’t draw these embarrassing numbers. Criminal Minds 9 years (with even darker subject matter in the same timeslot) and doesn’t draw these embarrassing numbers. NCIS has been on for what 10 seasons and draws 4X as many viewers. SVU is doing it all wrong.

• Esaul says:

Ratings are for the most part within a network. SVU’s ratings is a success for NBC. I didn’t say it was a success for OTHER networks. If SVU were on say CBS, then yes the show would’ve been cancelled ages ago. NBC would love to pull the ratings CBS has, but that hasn’t happened in quite some time. For NBC’s standards, SVU’s ratings works. It’ll only be cancelled as a result of the show being too costly to continue, not because of the ratings.

9. Just make the character a regular. If Munch can jump over from Homicide, why not Eames from CI?

10. Love it! I love SVU and I love that we finally get a Fin-centric episode. I want more of Fin & Rollins, they’re my favorite pairing! I hope Rollins will be by his side through out this ordeal!
    And fun fun that Erbe’s back. She’s awesome!

11. Sunshine says:

If it was Chris Meloni then I’d tune in & start watching again. I tried giving it a chance but just not the same.
    Erbe coming in is not even close to getting me to watch an ep…
    Loved the original L&O, loved SVU even more until CM left & they did a weak send off (wish they could have worked out something for better closure) but I could never ever get into criminal intent which Erbe was on.
    IMHO it wasn’t as compelling as the other 2!

• Jackie says:

I love L&O SVU and have been a fan from the beginning of the whole L&O franchise. I liked the Stabler character but I think the show has gotten better since he left because it’s not the “Elliot Show” anymore and we get to see more character development with the other detectives. The writing has been great and the acting has blown me away!
      Yes the show is different but Meloni WANTED to leave. He has moved on. We need to move on as well.

12. Madison says:

This is big news for May sweeps? I don’t get it.

13. bethygirl says:

Eames was great — as Bobby Goren’s sidekick. And Benson is only half of a team without Stabler. When partners are together for years and have hit shows, there’s not much left when the partnerships are split, no matter how much we like the individual characters.

• Zoe says:

Why do I get the feeling that no one would be saying this about Elliot or Bobby Goren if it had been Liv that had left the show?

14. Randy Rivas says:

SVU is one of the best damn shows on the air and as far as the Stabler groupies go, times must and do change as it was Stablers choice to leave the show and there’s not a whole lot you can do about it! as one person does not make a show like SVU as its about the entire cast and as long as the show has been on, the characters will leave eventually to persue other acting gigs so for you Stabler groupies get over it!

15. Stabler fans need to ask themselves before commenting places: are you pissed off/upset with SVU because Stabler left o are you pissed off with how the new episodes are written under Warren Leight? Let’s get a consensus please. People, Stabler was on the show 12 years, I grew to hate him, but I can respect the fans that still love him. Let’s stop Stabler-fan bashing/hating please?! Thank you.

• Jennifer says:

Let’s stop Warren bashing/hating please?!? Thank you. You’re a real hypocrite, Joshua. I suggest you stop harassing people who don’t give a damn about your opinion and just…I don’t know, get a life maybe? It seems like hating Warren Leight is some kind of religion for you and you’re doing everything you can to convert others. People are upset with the show for all sorts of reasons, not just your reasons. I wish you could see what an idiot you sound like when you post your rants.

• You sound like someone who’s getting to their 20th year of sobriety. I haven’t said one cross word about Warren Leight himself, just about his style on SVU. I loved the man on LOCI. So do your homework, don’t go judging until you know all the facts, Jennifer.

• Lita says:

Poor Jennifer. Why should the Warren bashing stop? What would you Warrenbots have to talk about then?

16. Alex says:

Since SVU season 9 which now has ridiculous stories, almost absurd. Currently the show is more linear, smoother. But the stories are more real, true, possible to happen. Stabler does not interest me anymore. He left the show and I live well with this new reality. I like the new additions. Kelly and Dani are great in their roles.

I do not understand why those who do not see the show come to ask its cancellation. I’d settle for being another channel. And there are more than 6 million who watch SVU weekly. Apart from what they see on DVD and reruns. I’m quiet as its renewal.

Fans of the site Meloni said of the series: “Since I do not see Meloni left. SVU sucks.” How much inconsistency. As dislike what is not seen.

17. Jackson says:

How is this big news? Is this supposed to draw an extra 7 million viewers (in the demo) to even try to compete with the competition? It’s not working. Next.

18. Jess says:

I don’t care for Kathryn Erbe or her character. She’s only a mediocre actress and Eames always bugged me. Her coming back to SVU is pointless. Bring back Dean Winters instead. I’d much rather see Cassidy on my television screen.

19. Carol says:

Goren used to be a narcotics cop, why don’t you bring them both in? Goren and Fin could be old friends or old partners.

20. Patty Hehr says:

love this show, love Kathryn, love all of Law and Order shows and can never get tired of them, ever !!!!!

21. Liz Smith says:

Some Stabler/Meloni fans are crazy. They bitch about the show constantly yet STILL keep track of the show & ratings.
    Pathetic! MOVE ON!!

22. Kathy says:

How about some more ties to the great past of this show? How this show can underutilize a character like John Munch is beyond me. He and Fin are a modern version of the Odd Couple. I miss their banter from older seasons. And where the hell has Cragen been? How about ME Warner, and the familiar CSU and TARU techs? They all added a depth to the show that’s been missing since the beginning of Season 13. And while I like ADA Garza (he’s grown on me since his first appearance), I really miss Casey and Novak.

23. Mary Ainsworth says:

Would like to see both Eames and Goren back miss them both Love Law And Order

24. Zoe says:

-squeals- YES. More Eames! I love the Benson/Eames friendship that they’re developing. Maybe we can hope for a Bobby Goren cameo some time later? (Maybe Goren and Eames together? Maybe dating? Maybe? Please?)

25. Rebecca says:

*cues more soap opera music* dun dun

26. Nathan says:

Nice to see her back again. But where’s Stabler? Chris Meloni expressed interest in coming back for crying out loud!

27. bill says:

L&O svu was allways one of my favorite shows and i personally think that marskia is a godes but if it comes back great (but please please without rollins and nick} if not it will hurt but i have to say the writeing has gotten bad.

28. Cynthia says:

Bring Kathryn Erbe to SVU!! She’s been missed.