New Spoiler Alert!: Sarah Chalke Talks Parents' Possible Scrubs Reunion, Reflects on Emotional Grey's Experience; Plus: Once Mystery Deepens

Sarah Chalke Interview Spoiler AlertSarah Chalke was in very celebratory mood when she dropped by TVLine’s offices on Thursday to shoot this week’s Spoiler Alert!.

Mere moments before Matt Mitovich and I began interviewing the TV vet, news broke that her new ABC sitcom, How to Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life), premiered to impressive ratings.

PHOTOS | How I Met Your Mother: Six Potential Mom Theories Debunked (and Two That Could Still Prove True)

“If I wasn’t attached to this couch with a wire I would get up and do a victory dance,” the Scrubs alum enthused.

Naturally, we used her cheeriness to our advantage by coaxing scoop out of her about Parents‘ forthcoming Academy Award-themed episode, Zach Braff’s inevitable casting as her character Polly’s love interest, and her possible return to CBS’ How I Met Your Mother.

But wait — there’s more.

Chalke also reflected on her recent and deeply personal Grey’s Anatomy episode (which she calls “the hardest acting job I’ve ever had), and wrapped things up by helping us break some Once Upon a Time news regarding Neal and Tamara (hint: your theories are all wrong).

What are you waiting for? Stop reading and start pressing PLAY below.

1. Elly says:

I really hope it works out for her, I loved her on “Scrubs”. She seems like a really nice person, just hope the show picks-up comedy wise, heard it dragged a bit :(

2. If he’s not Pan, how does he know who Hook is? There is still the question of his remark about the real world not being the first world he visited or else he’d hundreds of years old.

At first I thought that Tamara could have been Tinkerbell, Wendy, or even the Indian Princess, but after I saw the episode with the flashbacks to her encounter with Pinocchio, I’m sure she’s not from fairy tale land. That still doesn’t mean she can’t be from one of the other fictional worlds, like Frankenstein is, but she could very well be who she says she is. She and Owen could represent a human faction in a coming conflict between the world of magic and the world of man.

One question I have about that episode is how the dragon came to the world of man if the curse didn’t bring him here. If it had, surely he would have been in Storybrooke with everyone else.

• Andy says:

Neal could easily have been one of the lost boys.

• Name That Tune says:

Depending on which version of Peter Pan you read, Hook is Peter Pan as a grown man. Hook’s ship is obviously a portal to other lands. So Hook picked Neal up in another land. Neal the knows how to pilot Hook’s ship. At the very least, that makes Neal a pirate. Which pirate? He coukd be Billy Jukes, who was the youngest Pirare. But he could be anyone since that ship could go anywhere. We’re going to have to get more information before we can pin it down.

• “Hook is Peter Pan as a grown man.” interesting.

• ej says:

Accept that there are set photos of the actor who plays young Baelfire in the company of the Lost Boys (and possibly a cloaked Peter Pan) in Steveston, so it seems he was a Lost Boy. If Bae went directly to Neverland from FTL, he would have arrived maybe a year or so (?) before Hook. Whether or not Hook could have been a previous incarnation of Peter Pan and the name gets passed on like the Dread Pirate Roberts, that I can’t say! It is interesting that Hook was going to Neverland to find a means to get revenge on Rumple, so either he’d heard a rumor about something (or someone!) or had been there before and knew of something to use against Rumple. (And how the heck did Hook get back to FTL from Neverland? Did he steal a literal boatload of fairy dust?) It will be interesting to see if Hook and/or Bae recognized one another in Neverland for their connection to Rumple/Milah or if that doesn’t come out until Storybrooke, perhaps as the “game changer” in the Bae/Rumple relationship, nevermind what Emma will think about the her pseduo grandmother-in-law’s lover trying to get into her pants; seriously, the guy has a creepy infatuation with the ‘Stiltskin men’s ladies! What I want to know is how Neal ends up with Mulan, Aurora, and Philip while everyone else is chasing Greg, Tamara, and kidnapped Henry through the docks… and possibly through that floating safety mat… er portal.

• “If Bae went directly to Neverland from FTL” Why would the bean have taken him there when it was supposed to take him to a land without magic? Neverland is not a land without magic.

• Name That Tune says:

There is a clue in episode 15. Neal tells Henry that the best pizza is found in “The Kingdom of Dramaria on the North Shore of dragon fields of Zorn.” That’s either a reference to Star Wars or an indirect reference to Beauty and The Beast. Neal has been to other lands and Hook picked him up on some shore before he went to Neverland. We will find out in the season finale.
          And remember, the producers have said no one is close to guessing who he is. Lost Boys has a been tossed around for several months. They are telling us that is not it. He came to Neverland from somewhere. He may have hung with the lost boys, but he was not one of them.

• Kaley_T says:

…Hook is Mr. Darling…

• Elly says:

I think the dragon has something to do with Mulan. At least some relation. If she wants the magic gone, my guess is she had something happen to her before she met up with Owen-like maybe she doesn’t want anything else from their land crossing back over to storybrooke?

3. rod says:

Her show is gonna be renewed for a 2nd season, then ABC is gonna change it to another time slot and its gonna die. Cougar Town, Happy Endings and Apt 23 style

4. Andy says:

After seeing some clips from How to Live With Your Parents, I think I’ll give it a try. I do love Brad Garrett.

5. Emily says:

She seems like a huge B. And her new show sucks.

6. sarah says:

i’m thinking Baelfire originally came to our land as the Blue Fairy said, then was kidnapped or persuaded to go to Neverland (possibly along with Wendy) by the Lost Boys on orders of Hook–who is a grown up Peter, IMO–so that he could find information about Rumplestiltskin’s dagger. Neal became a Lost Boy.

Bae was angry with his father, Hook knew about his existence, the Lost Boys can travel to worlds without magic (according to lore, that is, and assuming that OUAT’s Wendy is from our world)…and the Lost Boys WERE described as “sinister.” it all COULD add up. Just saying!

7. B232B says:

Did she say they told her who the mother was on “How I Met Your Mother” after she left the show?

8. ecrc says:

Hope Hook is not Peter Pan like I read somewhere :/

• sarah says:

Why not? Hook was always a metaphor for Peter’s adulthood in the original version. They had many similarities, though not as many as Killian Jones has to Peter Pan and his personality.

If they removed Peter from the origin of “Hook” (peter cut off hook’s hand originally), I think it’s really possible. Rumple being the croc/the beast, Ruby being Red and the Wolf…….I’d be more surprised Hook isn’t Peter, honestly!

• Arya says:

I think it will be too predictable, just like Ruby being Red/the Wolf. Not that I don’t like the idea of Peter=Hook. But it’s been done before, with Ruby that is. What about something unpredictable, like Hook=Wendy. It will be like Jack from the bean stalk being a girl and all :)

• LE says:

Jack was a girl in OUAT, she was played by Cassidy Freeman

• Ashley says:

It’s obviously not that predictable, since very few people believe it or even have began to think of/consider that theory yet. So many people in the fandom were wrongly (and still are for those that don’t read spoilers) assuming Neal is Pan. I love when they double up characters, it gives them so many layers and added dimension to the characters.

• ej says:

I’m pretty sure Bobbie mentioned in an interview at PaleyFest that Peter Pan was being cast as a teenager, or at least that’s what he’d heard. That doesn’t mean there haven’t been multiple Peter Pans either going by that name or another who’ve been the steward of Neverland and replaced when “Peter” decides to grow up. I hope Hook is not a former Peter, though. While OUAT has too many characters this season, adding another mash-up is not a good way to rectify that, IMO. But perhaps Hook, like Bae, was also once a Lost Boy who left with a pirate crew.

• JJ says:

so because of the Red/Wolf twist, making Hook = Peter would be predictable in your opinioin as it’s reusing a twist. but your suggestion is to make Hook = Wendy like Jack being a girl, which is also reusing a twist?

9. cuius says:

Think the “impressive” ratings were based on her past work – this week’s will tell the real story – have a feeling they’ll disappoint

10. Nina says:

I actually love the idea of Tamara & Owen (Greg) being humans who wreak havoc in these fairy tale characters’ lives, even the ones who have magic haha… Will Tamara be in the next season of Once, knowing the actress is now a regular in The Walking Dead? Or will her storyline ended in this season’s finale?

11. Ashley says:

I never at all believed Neal was Pan for several reasons:
    1) Him being Rumple’s son, Emma’s ex, and Peter Pan would be too unbelievable even for a show like Once.
    2) Neal’s personality is nothing like Pan’s. For one, Neal’s a runner, Pan is a fighter.
    3) Neal’s association with Neverland was just given easily away to the audience. They would never do that if he was actually Peter Pan, it would spoil the whole thing.

12. A says:

Never believed (and I hoped it wouldn’t turn out to be true) that Neal was Peter Pan. It would’ve been too predictable. So happy that they haven’t seen anyone’s theories be right because I really enjoy when OUAT surprises us and when i don’t already expect what’s about to happen. That’s what I miss from the first season. The element of surprise and the shock value.

• A says:

Although I think its highly likely that Neal will turn out to be a lost boy, but I’m not sure since the creators said they have seen many theories and they might have seen the lost boy theory and may have said that its not true so who knows.

13. B says:

SHE KNOWS WHO THE MOTHER IS?!

14. Babygate says:

Sarah was spectacular on Greys. Hope her show makes it. Like Cougartown, Happy Endings and Apt. 23, this show is quirky/edgy. ABC doesn’t seem to do well with that genre. I think her comment about Parents having so many stand up comics is interesting. I think it explains why the show relies so much on one-liners and why the delivery often feels so much like a punch line. I’m not really a fan but I will continue to watch for now because I really like Sarah.She was my favorite Becky on Rosanne. Of course, Elizabeth and Brad are another two great reasons to watch.

15. Name That Tune says:

I’m going to throw out an idea about Neal. He asked the Blue Fairy to send him to a land without magic. The next episode features Robin Hood. Amongst Robin’s Merry Men I was a boy named Much (or Midge) The Miller’s Son. He was caught killing a deer, which was a crime. Robin rescued him. The Miller’s son seems like a perfect fit for Baelfire. Both Bae & Much were about 12. So I am going to guess that his first land was Sherwood Forest & he met Hook there.
    And we’ve already had the story featuring The Miller’s Daughter.

16. Loki says:

Neal is Rufio, Rufio, RU-FI-O!

• Name That Tune says:

Rufio is a lost boy. And that has been guessed before. I think the producers are saying he is not of Neverland although he may have been there.

17. Sheila says:

Maybe Neal is the crocodile!

• A says:

The crocodile has already been established to be Rumplestiltskin. There was episode at the beginning of this season called “The Crocodile” also Hook refers to Rumple numerous times as a crocodile.

18. schu says:

Sea bass, haha. She is great. Period.

19. djkslfgjs says:

a scrubs reunion? yes please