Exclusive

Vampire Diaries Exclusive: [Spoiler] to Return -- But What's the Catch?!

Vampire Diaries Jeremy ReturnsThe Vampire Diaries is raising the dead.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Steven R. McQueen, whose Jeremy character perished in February at the hands of Katherine, will return to the CW series later this season.

PHOTOS | The Originals Plot Spoilers — Get a Sneak Peek at CW’s Spin-Off

But will the actor return as Jeremy? Or will immortal menace Silas take on the form of Elena’s little brother?

Of course, there’s also the possibility that Bonnie will finally make good on her plan to take down the veil separating the other side and bring back her ex. After all, a source tells TVLine that we might see a few familiar faces “drop in” before Season 4 ends on May 16.

Vampire Diaries fans, are you excited for the second coming of “Jeremy”?

1. Luis says:

God, Terrible news.. his character is so awful!

• Kjess says:

I completely agree! Every episode I’d say, “Can’t they just kill him already??”. Though I’m starting to feel that way about half the cast. May be time to quit watching…

• Your face says:

Then why don’t u stop watching it!!! Unlike there are other that enjoy every episode and is left with anticipation for more. Speak for ur self!

• j says:

knew i wasnt the only one who felt that way
      they should’ve never brought him back for the 4th
      let the black hunter or some other youngin complete the hunters mark
      i found myself wishing he would die constantly
      HORRIBLE character

• lily butter says:

what the hell Jeremy is amazing and i am soooo happy they are bringing him back he is sooo fit

• Jeri says:

I love Jeremy / Steve McQueen, his character is so realistic in a show that realisim is like a breath of fresh air. I love the show & was so disapointed they killed off Jeremy. I hope it’s not just a cameo / visit from the other side. I want him back for good. We need our token humans, just ask Matt.

• kerra says:

i couldn’t agree more i quit watching tvd and 55 of my friends did to cuz the killed Jeremy so now that there bringing him back we all will start watching it again

• Lourdes says:

I was so happy when Katherine killed him off. His character made no sense. First he breaks Bonnie’s heart by falling in love with a ghost. Then he’s pyschic. And then he’s a supernatural hunter? Like most characters on this show, the TVD got writers block.

• BRANDEE VENSON says:

omg if yall dont like the show stop watching it duh nobody putting a gun to your head jeez

• Your face says:

My mother has always told me if you have nothing nice to say, Don’t say it at all!!!!!! Speak for ur self…. Jeremy’s character was awesome and I for one can’t wait for his return if you don’t like it don’t watch it….. But look how good the cast of VPD is they make u dislike a character that’s the entire point of a show. If u sit there and say “I don’t like blah blah blah” your the only fool contradicting ur self simply stop watching it!!!! And save ur comments as there are true fans of the show.

• Ehpacha says:

You guys are ridicoulous. His character isn’t that bad. If you don’t like him, then you aren’t a true fan of the show.

• tripoli says:

False.

• Luis says:

I enjoy the show quiet a lot.. but his character doesn’t really bring anything good to any of the storylines. They shoud give more screen time to Caroline and/or Klaus.

• Sarah says:

Right, I Think so too. Caroline & Klaus is the only reason for me to Watch the show, so sick of the Stefan – Elena – Damon drama! I need some true chemistry – Karoline!! :D

• Donna Golden says:

If you think that Caroline and Klaus are the real reason to watch the show than you haven’t read the books. Elena Stefan and Damon are what the true story line is about.

• Fabe says:

You can still be a true fan of the show and not like some of the characters. I hate Bonnie, but I’m still on my couch every Thursday for the show!

• M3rc Nate says:

Cant stand his character or the voice/acting of the guy. I know thats personal of me to say but i just cant…he bugs me. Let alone at Paley fest hes gotten jacked up (big/muscular) yet he still has that boy voice so its just become weird lol.

• Yikes says:

I know exactly what you mean. He’s got the face and voice of a little boy, but these huge Incredible Hulk arms. It’s not attractive, but it is rather disturbing.

• Actually, his character is fantastic.

• You are absolutely right!! I’ve hated him since s1,I wish they brought Jenna instead of him!!

• martina says:

i agree, i find him annoying since the first episode.

2. Nick Murphy says:

I kind of had a feeling it wasn’t the last we would see of him. There wasn’t a lot of fanfare and valedictory interviews following demise. Plus, come on, there are so few “mortals” left anymore, and he was well liked and, well, HOT.

• ktbanks says:

I know…TVD cast members ALWAYS do post-mortem interviews when they’re characters are killed off, so I knew we’d see him again. However, the “how” of it all is still intriguing!

• Joey Connick says:

HOT: amen, brother!

• James says:

Agree!

• N.dirix says:

Damn all you americans care about is how good or hot people look can you get anymore shallow. Thats whats wrong with tv these few years people dont care anything about clever and interresting storylines. The only thing they care about is looks and stupid twists.

3. I’d got my hopes up that this was going to be Alaric. :(

• Carmen says:

me too :(

• dude says:

I was thinking Tyler :(

• Into Dark says:

Alaric is the last Person who will EVER come back. Matt Davis was HAPPY as he heard about his Death. He was very frustrated with his Character. He had so many Ideas to develop with Alaric but was never allowed to….thx to Julie -.-

• Mel says:

Sorry to hear Matt Davis was unhappy, but I can’t blame him. I too felt he was under utilized, and was always hoping for more of a storyline for him. Julie Plec really screwed the pooch on that one. Too bad he’s on that truly awful show Cult!

• MaryAnn says:

I think it is a terrible shame that the writers for Vampire Diaries don’t acknowledge that a sizable proportion of the viewers are not in the really young demographic, and would like to see at least a few of the characters who are 30+ stick around and have meaningful story lines.

• sls says:

Agreed. I’m hoping the Originals spin off will have a more adult feel to it while still being inline with the world we have come to know in tvd.

• JA says:

I’m in the 30+ category and I have no desire to watch the Originals spinoff. The only thing that makes me like Rebekah and Klaus are their contrasts to the core TVD characters. I think both shows will suffer when they split. The only one I will cheer to lose on TVD Is Hayley, ugh, I HATE her. Can’t decide if its the character, actress, or both, but she can’t be gone fast enough for me.

• Fabe says:

He never seemed like a main character to me anyway; I’m not upset he’s gone. He’s too old anyway.

• H.F.Washington says:

Yes.,Miss Alaric big TIME.

• luli says:

Lexi please!

• sa says:

Out of all the characters that have died, Alaric is the one I would most want to see brought back. Heck, he’s probably the only one I would want back!

• M says:

THIS.

sadness.

4. Six says:

Yay I have missed Jeremy. I can’t wait to see what they do with him.

• smthkly says:

Told my best friend & fellow fan today that I thought Jeremy would be back because he is the only one that can get Elena to turn her humanity back on. But I def can see Silas taking on Jeremy’s appearance especially if he is trying to convince Bonnie to do something for him.
      Personally I think the idea of the other side where all the supernaturals who have died remain was a brilliant concept by the writers. It opens up the door to bring back EVERY character who they have killed off I think, except poor Andie.

5. Hmm. says:

There is honestly nothing this show could do right now to redeem itself. I’m way over it thanks to their careless handling of this sire bond garbage and all the character assassinations.

• KelseafromNC says:

I feel not hatred towards season 4, but disappointment. Elena without her humanity is nice, but did she really need to be sired?

• Mandalynca says:

I don’t understand it either, Julie Plec has implied that it is just another obstacle for Damon and Elena to get over before being together.

6. He was a hunter and Katherine killed him by feeding him to Silas…. should he be haunting her now?

• bend22 says:

Technically, when Katherine killed him, he wasn’t a hunter anymore. I don’t remember why (’cause I really don’t care about this oh-so-boring character), but I remember that his tattoos had disappeared just before his death.
      So, no haunting for Katherine.

Yeah, that’s a lame explanation, but I’m pretty sure that is the only explanation.

• tvd says:

No. Katherine TECNICALLY didn’t kill him. She made Silas fed on Jeremy. Then, Silas killed him. If Silas is a vampire, he’ll be tormented. That’s why he isn’t haunting Katherine.

• shia says:

Actually, that whole part of the story makes NO sense! If he wasn’t a hunter/supernatural anymore then the magic ring SHOULD have worked! other wise he should be haunting SILAS… but SILAS is a warlock, right?? I thought you could only be one or the other! I hope they clear up these inconsistencies now or the show is going to have issues!!

• Emily says:

Silas would have incurred the Hunter’s Curse, not Katherine. Silas killed him. Katherine just served him the meal.

• Natasha says:

Silas killed him by snapping his neck.

• esta96 says:

Technically, it wasn’t Katherine that killed Jeremy. She just gave him up to be killed by Silas so if there’s any hunting, it should be done on Silas

7. WTactualF says:

Terrible news!!!!

8. Kathryn says:

Maybe like I suspect this season is going to turn out to be Elena’s coma dream. When she collapsed last season she fell into a coma and dreamed all of season 4.

• Mark says:

We can only hope…

• tvd says:

How pathetic it would be…

• Maddie Hoy says:

It wouldn’t surprise me though, the writing has been so careless lately and the sire bond was a complete cop out to give the Damon/Elena relationship a proper shot. That could have been a great story handled correctly, the bond could have given them extra strength against the Originals etc.. I just get so fed up with all the inconsistencies and wonder if the writers even bother to check the back story anymore. They have destroyed Elena, made Damon a wimp and Stefan and Caroline’s self righteousness drive me mad. Oh for the standards of the first 2 seasons

• Into Dark says:

AMEN to this we need Kevin Williamson back or someone complete new which have a clue about other Stuff than illogical Romance on every Corner

• Cathy O. says:

I agree totally Maddie Hoy and Into Dark. I am just hoping by the end of the season it all comes together because overall this season has been a huge disappointment!

• S says:

are you freakin kidding me? the only good of that is that Jeremy and others wouldn’t be dead. BUT can you say JUMP the SHARK? No matter how bad you or anyone else think S4 is that would be the most ridiculous thing ever LMAO

• Into Dark says:

that would be the VERY BEST cause a lot of Characters reliability would be automaticly restored

• JA says:

This entire season ending rebooted would be STUPID. and what, does the Originals spinoff keep being part of the coma dream storyline while TVD goes back to a reboot? That would make no sense at all.

9. Mark says:

Vampire Elena needs to be staked immediately. What an irritating character.

10. ruba says:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo he is horrible no please no no no no God no ….

11. whatever says:

Ughh I hate him.

12. Maki says:

I miss Jer. he had pretty solid interactions with Elena, Matt, Damon and Bonnie. Jonnie was perfect btw.
    Stephen has great screen presens and I can’t wait to see him on TVD or something new.
    He would be a good choice for aswell Ravenswood.

• JA says:

Thank you for being the one POSITIVE person in this whole thread…I thought Jeremy was pretty good, too. At least his character was growing up. He was totally different that S1 Jeremy.

13. meee says:

alaric will be back tooo

14. Ty says:

how can you guys hate Jeremy? Seriously? Just beat it, nerds. Jeremy was one of the most interesting characters and I’m glad McQueen will be back. I just hope it won’t be just for one episode. And it would be great if he came back as Jeremy.

• tvd says:

Well, i agree. I love that Jeremy will be back, his and Alaric’s death were terrible. I miss both.

• Liam King says:

HAHA that is were every single one of you are wrong jeremy is the best person ever he makes the show interesting and very good to watch and ant jenna will be back in the show when the final is on jenna alarik the tomb vampires anna and her mum so you can all shut it and even better the original vampire cole & flyn and the original mother is back so shut it

15. Sally says:

Alaric needs to come back!!

16. Brandy says:

Yay!Hope he stays.

17. Kyle says:

What the heck is the point in saying ‘spoiler’ will return if you have the spoiler in the URL? Please work on that next time

18. Cathy O. says:

Really don’t care about Jeremy coming back, but he will probably be the reason Elena gets her humanity back.

• sls says:

It is likely he will be the reason she gets her humanity back. Or she doesn’t get it back because of him and it takes something even more interesting to bring it back.I just hope that after he comes back emotionless Elena doesn’t kill him. I don’t think she could ever forgive herself if that happened. And, even though I’m not a Jeremy fan, I’m guessing many fans would really have a hard time with that one.

• Cathy O. says:

Sis, I am thinking that either Elena gets her humanity back due to Jeremy’s return OR something happening to Damon. Something tells me it won’t be Stefan who brings her back but who knows for sure. I also don’t think she would kill Jeremy even if she is emotionless.

• shia says:

this is getting stupid. I like ELENA without her humanity it makes for a more interesting storyline then her crying ALL the time. and i dont really understand why the show killed off her ENTIRE family.. i mean thats harsh! and now I hear * SPOILER*………………………………that she is getting her humanity back on………………. thats soo lame. and none of the characters are remotely interesting anymore! except for Caroline and Klaus dynamic together! but as soon as the characters get interesting then they have to change them back to normal..ugh I hope Bonnie STAYS powerful and doesnt revert to boring and stefan and damon are making me want to strangle myself with all this concern over Elena’s humanity! like they didnt lose theirs! they should all be having fun and adventures, testing their limits and going places! I am really tired of all these high school dramam hows that do nothing when graduation time comes. all without parents of course! almost ALL the cool adults have died including Tylers mom and his uncle, Alaric and Jenna, Elenas mom and dad ( real) they added so much more dimension to the show and now they are all gone and we are left with this crap, and prom.. yay……

19. Frances says:

This news has made me so happy! Jeremy is my favourite character and I was so sad when he died.

20. I want Alaric!!!!!!!! I love you Ric *-* I vry when you Die T-T

21. Rob says:

Jeremy was the solid post holding up the wobbly tent of this show. Everyone else went wacko then they had to make him do it too I guess to keep up. Stupid. He’s gone, I’m gone. Sick of whiny Elena, but butch Elena not much better.

22. ggny says:

Jeremy was great end of season 1 with Anna and middle of Season 2 with Bonnie. After him and Bonnie broke up he became a useless character. Bring him back but first bring back Alaric. The show just isnt the same without Rick

23. anon123 says:

Bring Jenna and Alaric back!

24. P. says:

I’m glad he’ll come back. I love that character and I couldn’t stop crying when they made him die.

25. JQ says:

Always thought he’d be back, but great to have confirmation. Jeremy has always been one of the best characters on the show to me, and especially this season where I found myself more interested in his story arc than anything else on the show. Hope this time we get a little resolution (a real goodbye with Elena and Bonnie, an idea of what happens with him afterwards, etc.).

Anyway, definitely news that has me excited for the rest of the season to play out.

26. Biff says:

Would rather see Lexi, Jenna, Alaric, Rose or various other supernatural characters return.

• kavyn says:

I would love to see Lexi alive again. The rest of them, meh.

What I’d love to see his a gigantic cluster f of characters return, and then kill off some existing, some returning characters and totally mess with the TVD story during the full-out apocalypse of bringing back the dead.

Like, have Bonnie and Tyler die and bring back Anna, Jeremy and Lexi, or something really messed up like that. Make it really ambiguous saying “everyone’s in danger”. There’s no way they’ll bring back the dead and not have a full out World War 3 with supernatural entities.

An Elena death would be great too, but I highly doubt it would happen.

• Julie says:

kavyn, I think that would be awesome! It would shake up the show in a way that it desperately needs.

• JA says:

Great idea, Kavyn! Sounds like an awesome Fanfic story idea. :) I wish they would do that on the show, though. Except kill Elena…I like her. :)

• luli says:

LEXIIII!!! She needs to come back!!

• Sarah says:

I agree…loved Alaric and Lexi…Jenna I could do without, but Rose could really bring something to the show now…considering how Damon felt about her, it could be very interesting. Do these writers ever listen to the fans? Probably not.

27. Biff says:

Matt Davis (who played Alaric) will probably be available soon with Cult bombing, but he burned a few bridges bad mouthing the plot of Vampire Diaries after he left.

• Julie says:

What did he say (or where can I read it)? I always see people saying this about Matt Davis but I haven’t been able to find it. Just curious.

• Emily says:

The only thing I ever heard or read that he said was that he left the show over creative differences surrounding his character development. He had ideas and Julie didn’t listen. But she has said many times since then that she would love for him to come back. He left for professional reasons and he spoke his mind. Obviously, he came back to TVD last night, and will appear in next week’s finale, so I guess everything worked out okay between him and his former boss.

28. meow says:

I want Aunt Jenna and Lexi back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Babalo says:

I’m so happy about this news! *_* But Jeremy is only Jeremy of Steven plays him. Please Steven, come as Jeremy back to TVD! *_*

30. This season is so abysmally poor I feel sorry for you having to review. I watch with one eye open only and even then it doesn’t minimize how bad it’s become.

31. RobMF says:

I’ve said this before but Silas bringing the dead back can only serve as an awesome storyline. If it doesn’t happen that will be the most annoying thing ever. There can be such awesome stories to tell. Plus it could explain Klaus leaving, they could say he is hiding somewhere but Viewers would know where.

32. Into Dark says:

So far about POETIC JUSTICE …..Kol is still dead but another annoying Gilbert comes back………………PLS JULIE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GET OVER YOUR WRITERS BLOCK. What you’ve done to Elijah lately was unforgiveable

• Toby says:

So true!! I was highly disappointed that an “Original” could fall in love with a mere Katherina. Julie murdered Elijah’s esteem. He used to be well feared and respected… now he’s just one of many pawns in the mix. As for Damon, his bad boy attitude that we so much love is fading fast. Don’t want another Stefan Salvatore

• Glenda says:

Yah u right damon charactr z k z e bad by,w dnt wnt anthr stefan salvatore,othr’ws wl die of boredm z 4 Jeremy his ok glad hs gn b bc

• Emily says:

Um, Elijah always had feelings for Katerina/Katherine. That is why he asked Klaus to spare her life when she was still human and again once they became an item this season on TVD.

33. Alexandra says:

I´m super excited :) I can´t wait to see him back!!!!!

34. S says:

YAY!!! So HAPPY! I love Jeremy. All you haters can just STFU get over it don’t watch if you don’t like it.

• Into Dark says:

I’m not automaticly a HATER when i have a different Opinion and NOT blowing Sugar in someones as which is dissenting her own Storyline incl.the Characters more often than a little Child in a Candyshop. I’ll NOT say sorry for wanting the OLD standard back the Show once had.

• Alex says:

What old standard? It sounds like to me you’re just upset it’s not Kol coming back. Last time I checked “old standards” had Jeremy there since the very beginning and had Kol as a glorified GUEST character.That’s right. I said it. If anyone should come back at all it should be Jeremy. He never got any proper closure. Excuse the fans for being a little excited.

• Into Dark says:

I meant the old Standards were the Storyline actually made any sense and not being overfocused by Love Triangles or Love Interests for everyone. I’m not saying this because of Kol he wasn’t even my Top fave nonetheless he was at least a Character without any Love Interest. That frustrate me the most. And now even my LAST favorite was ruined by turning him into a damn wimp. Thats simply CARELESS, PATHETIC and POOR writing.

• Alex says:

Oh, I gotcha. It’s not the same anymore. Everything is about love interests and whatever. That’s all these writers know. I’m glad we’ll see Jeremy again mainly because the way they killed him off was completely unnecessary. He’s proof that the writers simply don’t care about their characters… writing them off or killing them off or neglecting them when they don’t know what else to do with them and when they are not in one of their sick little love triangles.

• Mandalynca says:

The triangle rehash is lazy, just a remix of D/S/E with Klaus/Caroline/Tyler and the bad one trying to win the girl. Damon has been emasculated over this humanity-less Elena. Why they brought in the sire bond is a mystery, they seem to enjoy shafting Damon emotionally over and over again. I love the show but part of me wants this season wrapped up and the cure, sire bond and originals gone and hopefully onto better things in season 5

35. Alana says:

I love Jeremy!!! I was so sad to see him leave. I hope this is b

36. mike says:

Have not watched since they killed Jeremy, guess I will start again.

37. Alicia says:

I want Jeremy back for good. They killed him off so unceremoniously and I was really bummed about it. Alaric should have protected him, goddammit! And yet his dead 3 weeks later…

38. Joanna says:

I`m so happy that they are bringing back McQueen!!!!!!

39. minxie18 says:

They’d better make up for the ridiculousness that was Kol being killed by Elena and Jeremy and bring him back too. Please and thanks.

40. Julie says:

Not surprising but I’m glad. Jeremy had the potential to be a good character but the writers ruined him. Then they killed him just so Elena would lose her humanity

41. Babybop says:

Yay! I’ve missed my extra eye candy! Let’s get him on in a tank top chopping wood again, please?

42. Jenn says:

Don’t bring back Jeremy. I use to like his character, but he got annoying & pathetic. Bring back Kol! His death was stupid. He got killed by a weak baby vampire & a wannabe hunter. Plus he was like a mini Elijah in looks & had Klaus’s personality, but he was more mischievous. I loved his character.

43. reward says:

Where is TVD that I remember?
    I remember a show that when a character dies … he/she stays dead.
    Unbelieve.

44. Sarah says:

Good….Would love to see him back….and give him a better storyline this time….he fades in and out of the story too much….him being Silas and a witch is interesting especially because a lot of his character is tied up in Bonnie’s character

45. Diane says:

Too many Jeremy-haters on here! I love, love, love Jeremy and I hope he comes back permanently as himself and not another character!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. Loubna says:

I hope they bring back Kol. About Jeremy I really don’t care but I think he was very interesting before his death. I feel that Jeremy has been sacrificed in favor of the trio. I’m tired about Salvatore Brother, they are very macho with Elena. Elena becomes independent, she’ not the girl they could manipulate. But JP turn her into a Mary-Sue, it’s just unbelievable about Elejah in the last episode. And I think her “friendship” with Rebekah is a fake. I don’t like how every character who supposed hate Elena became friends with her, it’s too Mary-Sue.

47. Smelly Feet & Farts says:

This has been the weakest season by far. I hope they turn things around next season.

48. Bobby says:

I don’t care as long as they bring Kol back.

49. mia says:

cant this guy stay dead wtf he keeps dying and still returns he better stay dead how many times cn jeremy keep cheating death burning the gilbert house made it so official he is ded for good julie plec better not ruin it.

• J says:

LOL if it were your favorite character I’d bet you’d be jumping for joy. I’ve had enough of these double standards. If anyone should come back it should be Jeremy. The way they ended things with him was just awful. I don’t care for Alaric, Jenna, Kol (who is that again?), or any of the others. I’d be happy to just have Jeremy back.

• Cyndi says:

I totally agree with you. They focus too much on the other characters but all I want to see is jeremy brought back for good this time.