True Blood Exclusive: Anna Camp Returning as Sarah Newlin in Season 6

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

True Blood Season 6 Anna Camp ReturningTrue Blood‘s upcoming sixth season is going to be extra Camp-y.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Anna Camp has signed on to reprise her role as anti-vamp puritan Sarah Newlin for a guest stint.

VIDEO | True Blood Season 6 First Look: The Return of Bloody Bad Bill and ‘the Beginning of the End’

Camp, who’s currently juggling roles on Fox’s Mindy Project and CBS’ Vegas, floated the possibility of a Sarah comeback earlier this year, telling TVLine that her character has “a lot of unfinished business.”

No doubt at the top of her to-do list is confronting ex-husband and former Fellowship of the Sun co-head Steve (Michael McMillian), who is now an out-and-proud gay man and a vampire.

Don’t be surprised if she also finds time to reconnect with ex-flame Jason, which would put her at odds with his current love, Jessica. (Anna Camp going head-to-head with Deborah Ann Woll? Count. Us. In.)

True Blood‘s sixth season kicks off Sunday, June 16 at 9/8c.

Comments (39)

• Great actress.

Comment by Teag – April 5, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her character, but jfc another friggin’ story line!

Comment by WTactualF – April 5, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TV shows having multiple storylines? Say it ain’t so!

Comment by Liz – April 5, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Multiple storylines are fine, but TB had way too many last year that weren’t necessary. It takes away from the main characters and the show just didn’t flow good.

Comment by Julie – April 5, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you just want to ship your fave couple you should Tivo the show and fast forward to whatever you want to see. But in the real world yes, TB has multiple actors on it, and it’s not fan fiction, so it’s not an hour of your fave couple smoochie smoochin’.

Comment by Plum – April 16, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more… TB has often seemed unsure of where to go on the main story line/s (Sookie and her close circle) and kept adding subplots to the point where some episodes it was all about boring secondary characters nobody cared about… Remember the f-ing iffrit?

Comment by redjane12 – April 6, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her! For shallow reasons i want her to get naked this time

Comment by Josh – April 5, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, pretty much have to agree with that.

Comment by Dan Sorenson – April 5, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I second your second.

Comment by filmex2000 – April 6, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh hell yeah I wanna see that body bare lol

Comment by yoyoyo – April 8, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she has a no-nudity clause in her contract…I KNOW I read/heard it somewhere.

Comment by joehandy – April 8, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s the role that I fell in love her.

Comment by Bradley – April 5, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmmmm, you seem so familiar…

Comment by Will – April 6, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too! She has been great.

Comment by Carlita – April 6, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Em – April 5, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Missed her this past season!

Comment by Cam – April 5, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS EVER!

Comment by MDS – April 5, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is awesome!

Comment by Natalie – April 5, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s awesome. Glad she’s reprising her role on True Blood!

Comment by Ben – April 5, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I’m actually happy about this news. I keep hearing more characters being added to this already bloated cast but this one is welcome.

Comment by Julie – April 5, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • New characters are coming in, but there’s gonna be a lot that don’t make it out of the season. New and old…

Comment by Christine – May 4, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of all the other new characters and just keep her.

Comment by Amanda – April 5, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her and her character on TB so I’m excited! Plus I kinda loved her and Jason so I’m looking forward to them seeing each other again and of course Steve!

Comment by gabby – April 5, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!!!!!! Great news!

Comment by albtrex – April 6, 2013 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Love Anna the actress, and love her portrayal of Sarah Newlin (also thought she was fantastic in Pitch Perfect). But seriously 72 more days till TB returns, and only 10 episodes…disappointing.

Comment by Mel – April 6, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All vomit scenes aside (gross!) she was awesome in Pitch Perfect. :)

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – April 8, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was wondering what happened to her she just disappeared and got no proper closure. plus i really like her and jason than him and jessica. Shes the only love interest alive that worked.

Comment by mel – April 6, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • don’t do this. don’t do this to me. i wanted to quit TB this year, because of the mess from last season, but with anna camp back i probably have to tune in once more.

Comment by S. from E. now – April 6, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. But I’m still quitting.. I’m just in denial LOL. It’s not worth paying for HBO for 3 months just towatch a once great but now sub par show.

Comment by Danielle H. – April 6, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason would become the new Steve Newlin (as a religious freak, not the gay part). At the last season finale he hated vampires. Maybe he reconnected again with Sarah and they would start a new cult.

Comment by Fernanda – April 6, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s good to see her again. For the people complaining about more storylines or whatever, multiple storylines with no focus was a trademark of Alan Ball, but he is gone now. I think I even read that there would in fact be less storylines this year and more focus.

Comment by Roman – April 6, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slightly disappointed!! I seriously thought that the fellowship junk would be over… but oh well still excited for season 6!!!!

Comment by Nikki – April 7, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slightly disappointed!! I seriously thought that the fellowship junk would be over… but oh well as long as I get to see bill in terror mode its all good so Im still excited for season 6!!!!

Comment by Nikki – April 7, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting, she has one thing in common with jason. They both feel betrayed by vampires. Jason now hates vampires with his parents on his shoulder. While Sarah feels betrayed by her gay vampire husband. Perhaps they will team up.

Comment by Mick Sand – April 8, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care who’s in TB, I love it like it is :-) I’m however looking forward to seeing the bad Bill.

Comment by Linda Oreskov – April 8, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t think this is a good return, her time was at season 2, she is not interesting anymore, TB is beginning to recycle storys, with so many characters already they don’t give attention to the most interesting characters(i am not only talking about the trio)!!

Comment by liliana – April 8, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, thanks for sharing.

Comment by tiger – April 9, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care to see Sookie romance with a fairy. We haven’t even gotten to see her with Alcide and I think they are hot together! Also I would like to see more real Eric from seasons 1 – 3. I don’t understand why the show creators have such a problem with sticking to what people like on the show. Billith storyline does not seem interesting at all. I liked Bill when he was just a regular vampire, he was more likable. I started to dislike him completely when he was made king and became all arrogant and stuck up. I think Eric’s popularity did not sit well with the show creators, so they diminished his character and made Bill the King. I also think they wanted to turn people off Sookie/Eric romance so they purposely made their romance scenes overly cheesy. That might/might not have something to do with Anna and Stephen being married. They don’t have to completely follow the books, but the 4th and 5th seasons were pretty bad in my opinion, so maybe they can incorporate some parts from the books.

Comment by Kristin – April 19, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Head to head is not the body part combination I want to see from those 2.

Comment by Joe – May 28, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post