Exclusive

True Blood Exclusive: Anna Camp Returning as Sarah Newlin in Season 6

True Blood Season 6 Anna Camp ReturningTrue Blood‘s upcoming sixth season is going to be extra Camp-y.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Anna Camp has signed on to reprise her role as anti-vamp puritan Sarah Newlin for a guest stint.

VIDEO | True Blood Season 6 First Look: The Return of Bloody Bad Bill and ‘the Beginning of the End’

Camp, who’s currently juggling roles on Fox’s Mindy Project and CBS’ Vegas, floated the possibility of a Sarah comeback earlier this year, telling TVLine that her character has “a lot of unfinished business.”

No doubt at the top of her to-do list is confronting ex-husband and former Fellowship of the Sun co-head Steve (Michael McMillian), who is now an out-and-proud gay man and a vampire.

Don’t be surprised if she also finds time to reconnect with ex-flame Jason, which would put her at odds with his current love, Jessica. (Anna Camp going head-to-head with Deborah Ann Woll? Count. Us. In.)

True Blood‘s sixth season kicks off Sunday, June 16 at 9/8c.

1. Teag says:

Great actress.

2. WTactualF says:

I like her character, but jfc another friggin’ story line!

• Liz says:

TV shows having multiple storylines? Say it ain’t so!

• Julie says:

Multiple storylines are fine, but TB had way too many last year that weren’t necessary. It takes away from the main characters and the show just didn’t flow good.

• Plum says:

If you just want to ship your fave couple you should Tivo the show and fast forward to whatever you want to see. But in the real world yes, TB has multiple actors on it, and it’s not fan fiction, so it’s not an hour of your fave couple smoochie smoochin’.

• redjane12 says:

Couldn’t agree more… TB has often seemed unsure of where to go on the main story line/s (Sookie and her close circle) and kept adding subplots to the point where some episodes it was all about boring secondary characters nobody cared about… Remember the f-ing iffrit?

3. Josh says:

Love her! For shallow reasons i want her to get naked this time

4. Bradley says:

That’s the role that I fell in love her.

5. Cam says:

Great news! Missed her this past season!

6. MDS says:

BEST NEWS EVER!

7. Natalie says:

She is awesome!

8. Ben says:

She’s awesome. Glad she’s reprising her role on True Blood!

9. Julie says:

Wow, I’m actually happy about this news. I keep hearing more characters being added to this already bloated cast but this one is welcome.

• Christine says:

New characters are coming in, but there’s gonna be a lot that don’t make it out of the season. New and old…

10. Amanda says:

Get rid of all the other new characters and just keep her.

11. gabby says:

Love her and her character on TB so I’m excited! Plus I kinda loved her and Jason so I’m looking forward to them seeing each other again and of course Steve!

12. albtrex says:

YES!!!!!!!! Great news!

13. Mel says:

Yay! Love Anna the actress, and love her portrayal of Sarah Newlin (also thought she was fantastic in Pitch Perfect). But seriously 72 more days till TB returns, and only 10 episodes…disappointing.

14. mel says:

i was wondering what happened to her she just disappeared and got no proper closure. plus i really like her and jason than him and jessica. Shes the only love interest alive that worked.

15. S. from E. now says:

don’t do this. don’t do this to me. i wanted to quit TB this year, because of the mess from last season, but with anna camp back i probably have to tune in once more.

• Danielle H. says:

This. But I’m still quitting.. I’m just in denial LOL. It’s not worth paying for HBO for 3 months just towatch a once great but now sub par show.

16. Fernanda says:

Jason would become the new Steve Newlin (as a religious freak, not the gay part). At the last season finale he hated vampires. Maybe he reconnected again with Sarah and they would start a new cult.

17. Roman says:

It’s good to see her again. For the people complaining about more storylines or whatever, multiple storylines with no focus was a trademark of Alan Ball, but he is gone now. I think I even read that there would in fact be less storylines this year and more focus.

18. Nikki says:

Slightly disappointed!! I seriously thought that the fellowship junk would be over… but oh well still excited for season 6!!!!

19. Nikki says:

Slightly disappointed!! I seriously thought that the fellowship junk would be over… but oh well as long as I get to see bill in terror mode its all good so Im still excited for season 6!!!!

20. Mick Sand says:

Interesting, she has one thing in common with jason. They both feel betrayed by vampires. Jason now hates vampires with his parents on his shoulder. While Sarah feels betrayed by her gay vampire husband. Perhaps they will team up.

21. Linda Oreskov says:

I don’t care who’s in TB, I love it like it is :-) I’m however looking forward to seeing the bad Bill.

22. liliana says:

I really don’t think this is a good return, her time was at season 2, she is not interesting anymore, TB is beginning to recycle storys, with so many characters already they don’t give attention to the most interesting characters(i am not only talking about the trio)!!

23. tiger says:

Hi, thanks for sharing.

24. Kristin says:

I don’t care to see Sookie romance with a fairy. We haven’t even gotten to see her with Alcide and I think they are hot together! Also I would like to see more real Eric from seasons 1 – 3. I don’t understand why the show creators have such a problem with sticking to what people like on the show. Billith storyline does not seem interesting at all. I liked Bill when he was just a regular vampire, he was more likable. I started to dislike him completely when he was made king and became all arrogant and stuck up. I think Eric’s popularity did not sit well with the show creators, so they diminished his character and made Bill the King. I also think they wanted to turn people off Sookie/Eric romance so they purposely made their romance scenes overly cheesy. That might/might not have something to do with Anna and Stephen being married. They don’t have to completely follow the books, but the 4th and 5th seasons were pretty bad in my opinion, so maybe they can incorporate some parts from the books.

25. Joe says:

Head to head is not the body part combination I want to see from those 2.